Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 14, 2021 4:01 PM

Jan 2019
Wow so good I'm not the only one finding Shinoaki's voice annoying😂
Jul 15, 2021 5:29 AM

Apr 2018
Getting a second chance in life must be amazing. The characters are pretty interesting. He even got to meet the red haired girl again, shinoaki turns out to be the artist that he admired back then.
OP and ED are both pretty amazing, animation is good. I like where this is going..
And the LN references were funny xD

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 18, 2021 12:55 PM

Feb 2012
A lot like ReLIFE, right down to the social commentary on "black companies". Fortunately for Kawasegawa, Hashiba only thouught it was a suicide. Actually namedropped some actual series when Hashiba first woke up in the past.

When Hashiba fell asleep and was back in his old job being attacked by extortionists (and then it turns out its a film set directed by this Tezuka-looking feller) I thought this series was going to be him jumping back-and-forth between the two lives, maybe even going for some Tatami Galaxy-style multiverse. Just a dream for him though...

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 21, 2021 2:46 AM
Oct 2014
Groenboys said:
Am I the only one that isn't really feeling this anime yet? Like it isn't bad, but I don't understand the praise this anime is getting everywhere

The sequence before the time-jump feels a bit pointless for instance. The first few minutes are enough of a set-up for the time-jump, and has no big reason to be there, other then to introduce a character. The waking up scene with Aki and Kyouya was just terribly tropey, and only made worse my the anime going like "haha we know this is trope we know what we are doing". All the characters so far have not been that interesting, all of them having pretty cookie cutter character types. Especially the main character has nothing going on beside haivng a hopeless future and being "dependable", which screams "mc for others to self-insert into". Lastly, the comedy is nothing, absolutely nothing to write home about. Girlfriend, Girlfriend had better comedy and I had to stop every minute to cringe.

There are still things I liked that kept me going. The setting of a film studio is really interesting. The entire theme of having a hopeless future but trying to make the most of it with a second chance really connects with me. How Kyouya thinks everyone is better and is still trying to find what his purpose is, that is some good motivation. The walking scene where Kyouya walks with Aki, I almost got me teary-eyed for how it connects with me.

Overal, this is kinda tropey boring anime with interesting elements. I wonder where this is gonna go and how long I will stick with it.

I totally agree with you!
Jul 21, 2021 7:49 PM
Jul 2021
I love it
the first 2 episodes were emotional
Jul 23, 2021 1:40 AM

Apr 2015
Basic, but not bad.

For the Tatami Galaxy's to be special these shows need to exist too.
Jul 23, 2021 11:25 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It’s generic plot line with generic male protagonist, but at least it’s making an effort to make fun of some tropes, like waking up to find shino sleeping on his futon. But the tropes are all still pretty much here so it defeats the purpose. Just wondering if we’re gonna get any “he’s a pedophile” comments on this one. Anyway, so far not quite as cringe as I found Relife to be, but it’s cutting it close

Edit: also not a huge fan of shinoaka’s voice, is it supposed to be poking fun at the loli trope? Because I don’t find it funny and they are in college after all. That other anime did it better, “imouto-something”, and I dropped that lol. Also could do with less monologue narration stuff, this anime will improve greatly if they could show more, tell less

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jul 23, 2021 1:58 PM

Aug 2015
Nice first episode. All the famous people around Kyouya's age and are studying at the same University.

#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jul 30, 2021 10:27 AM

Jan 2011
Generic show. Boring. Terrible. 1/5. Dropped.
Jul 30, 2021 9:23 PM

Apr 2020
beautiful first episode. great first impression. these things dont happen in real life.
water
Aug 6, 2021 3:49 AM

Apr 2012
KANLen09 said:

So this show is SaeKano (or in the Hentai space: Eroge! H mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai!), mixed with the Erased vibes.
A double-length episode this is needed to give a good 1st impression, and it did.

A nice OST, and studio feel. is back for more nice gorgeous and beauiful animation production.

28-year-old Hashiba Kyouya finding himself jobless, and then out of a simple misunderstanding, land a job at a mobile game developer company that he's been hearing throughout the media industry. It looks as if he's got a good and bright future ahead of him, but the company itself has had a falling out with their project, and it's a setback.

To sleep and go back 10 years from 2016 to 2006 with the relevant real-life references of The Familiar of Zero, Haganai, even Asterisk War, to the PS2 (right before the PS3 came out), Kyouya has a chance to remake his life and start from scratch.

Encountering the nice Aki Shino a.k.a Shinoaki in his sleep, with both delinquent Nanako Kogure and bare-bones Tsurayuki Rokuonji at first morning, and yeah, a good start for all in the Kitayama Share House. Oonaka Arts College, Film Studies, these 4 are in the same course, but to survive in this breakneck, cutthroat industry, live your foolish life well. Even future director Eiko Kawasegawa makes her elegant entrance in the most enthusiastic way. The sleepyhead Tsurayuki can deliver with his encyclopedia head, I'm surprised and impressed.

Even the notions of clubs (or called Circles) is prevalent, and it brings much of the SaeKano vibe.

All of the actors of the future 10 years have gathered and time-traveled 10 years back, looking forward to more of this nice and relaxing feeling.
Get out of your "useless" ways, Kyouya! The "future set in stone" pieces are there, it's what you want to do with it!

Yeah. While the premise of the show seems pretty generic, you can clearly see that the author of the original LN seems very much inspired by these LNs and VNs.
Aug 6, 2021 11:20 PM

Jan 2018
I think this is one of the more relatively less popular shows of the season.
I understand why that is though.
Aug 7, 2021 8:07 AM
May 2021
Honestly this is so relatable for me...im turning 19 years old next year and gotta study in university soon..the way their teacher is saying that from 100+ people who graduate..only 8 of them got a job..this really make me afraid of my upcoming life...TT
Aug 7, 2021 8:24 AM

May 2020
Night_killers said:
Honestly this is so relatable for me...im turning 19 years old next year and gotta study in university soon..the way their teacher is saying that from 100+ people who graduate..only 8 of them got a job..this really make me afraid of my upcoming life...TT

it depends on the job u choose
Aug 7, 2021 9:39 AM

Aug 2017
The scene where Aki Shino was introduced was so cringe and awkward to watch. It doesn't help the protagonist is annoying, generic and difficult to empathize with. The misunderstanding already makes Aki and Nanako so disgusting in mere seconds.
NurguburuAug 7, 2021 9:44 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 12, 2021 3:52 AM
Jun 2020
Shino is so cute 😊
Aug 22, 2021 2:35 AM
May 2021
This is inspiring so I recommend this
Sep 18, 2021 11:48 PM

Aug 2011
The moment I saw the 50minute mark, I knew this anime was going to be special.
Sep 29, 2021 7:54 AM
Jul 2019
yes brother 50 minutes the first episode ...? 😳💘 I didn't think you would be watching so much, but at least I have something to watch now and brother how do you regret all the decisions in life now, never brother to regret what you chose otherwise you will not be successful with ia. But now he has a second chance at what he had done and to choose well this time. 🤭
And how lazy it is that he couldn't even set up the room. 😂
Oh Shinoaki, this is a bit dubious, but nobody cares. 😂😂
Brother, I was sure that these are the legends of the future, but I didn't know how well now they present only one of them, but I'm sure that the other 2 sound like that, it seems so, but they can't even meet his future boss. 😂💞
Sep 29, 2021 7:32 PM

Aug 2018
Interesting how Shinoaki is that famous artist the mc looks up to...

tbh I dont think I will be enjoying this anime too much, wasnt boring or anything yet, but I have a feeling it will be kinda boring...

Oct 6, 2021 1:56 AM

Jul 2015
Working at the black company at least provided Kyoya with multiple skills although sad he got laid off at the second job too due to a cancelled project.

Really digging the story especially with the past set at Kyouya's university days so I won't feel weird about the romance (Shinoaki best girl so far) compared to other similiar anime.

Oct 24, 2021 6:12 AM

Nov 2019
This show is all over the place with the time jumps. It's relatable with regards to career choices and the what-ifs. If you could go back ten years, how would you do things differently? I would have chosen a different approach to life academically. The premise of this anime excites me. The graduate to job employment ratio is a testament to real life. Graduation won't guarantee you a job unless you are in a very in-demand career or you know a few contacts that would get you in.

On another note, the animation is exquisite. The serenity of the Sakura blossoms scene inspires hope. It feels optimistically tranquil.
Nov 1, 2021 5:22 PM

Mar 2013
I remembered
but this one is more lighthearted... and strange since he is teleporting to different timelines or am I mistaken and he simply forgets where his current life is and cannot differentiate the past and present
or he is just dreaming... 😅

After some thought, the MC has a better mature attitude towards others because of his future-like dream.. errr... I can't differentiate what is what just by this episode but I'll probably enjoy this series quite well.
CrazyButNot4UNov 1, 2021 5:32 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 12, 2021 9:30 AM

Jun 2020
This started to be a much insightful journey for our MC Kyouya who's been going through a hell of finding a stable job that's a bit scary to think you don't have a stable living

Well that was a bit quick and hot introduction with our best girl Shinoaki okay a bit of a misunderstanding first off, This group is amusing and their chemistry looks like it is on the roof but I like it it's not that bland and it has some kick to it

Well, that was one hell of a start like I didn't expect it to be 50 mins halfway through I was wondering why was it so long and I checked the time, Yeah people are talented in this school surprised about that one factor, Kyouya discovered his hero so Shinoaki is that good and his inspiration damn I see you Kyouya better make a change for yourself.
Dec 6, 2021 3:07 PM
Dec 2014
This was a surprisingly good first episode, although I am so sick of male anime protagonists that all look the same -_-
Dec 29, 2021 9:11 PM

Aug 2014
Although time travel was poorly executed and from the start it is obvious who is who 10 years earlier, I like this anime already. The art is great, hope for more real places! Real world references with anime that I know or heard of Grisaia no Kajitsu, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, No Game No Life, Rewrite. This is really cool ;] oh and there is ecchi!
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 2, 2022 11:31 AM

May 2016
The first 10 mins pretty much summarized my life in a nutshell couldn't relate more.
it was pretty obvious from the name that she Shino was the famous artist.
Jan 18, 2022 4:48 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Very enjoyable first episode, being 50 mins was a great decision tbh, a lot happened, I like the setting, feels a bit refreshing, wont think much about how the fuck he managed to rewind 10 years, and just enjoy what we have.
Thankfully for fiction doing such unreal stuff, I was feeling very bad for the MC, enjoyed the other characters two, seems like there are already 2 heroines to ship with it.

Also I found it funny the anime could get license to show Front Wing VNs, I saw Island there, very good VN cool, but for PS2 and PS3, they couldn't not get a license as easily lol.

Promising show, thankgod for binge watching!
Feb 8, 2022 3:27 PM

Mar 2013
Nao Touyama is giving her voice for the first girl to appear in this romcom, impossible ! It feel surreal after all those year lol.
Feb 18, 2022 4:19 PM

Apr 2013
Why is this dude worrying about starting over in school. He should just be working a part time job and dumping all his earnings into Amazon stock.
Mar 16, 2022 9:19 PM

Oct 2019
"Fail once, life goes on. Fail twice, IT'S TIME-TRAVEL TIME!!1!!11"

-Anime
andrearionaMar 17, 2022 2:32 AM
Aug 4, 2022 9:46 PM
Oct 2019
kinda average

a double episode, but it didn't feel like something that needed to be extended length. i think it could've easily been two separate episodes without issue. but oh well

so apparently he was a pretty good worker, but all the companies he worked for and projects he previously worked on never panned out. unfortunate, but that's the industry, no?

pretty obvious he'd run into the those platinum people in school. i wonder if all his roommates are part of that group. but i never expected his boss to be in school also. i just assumed her character was done with, never to be seen again. however, when we saw the lady who welcomed the students on the first day and basically scared them and called them "stupid", she had the same green/yellow eyes. i thought she was his former boss. but apparently not. maybe they're sisters? idk, no clue

also, he goes from "present" time to back in the "past". but then there was that one scene where he was back in the "present", but it was a different version of the "present"? i guess they'll explain it later? because that made no sense haha. did i completely misunderstand what happened?

5 or 6/10 first episode. there was nothing that "hooked me". i'll watch a couple more episodes but i'm not opposed to dropping it if it doesn't improve a lot
Aug 13, 2022 8:01 PM

Dec 2013
The time travel certainly feels convenient but I guess that's just the plot. Although the platinum generation coincidentally being the people he is housing with is also extremely convenient. Assuming the other two really are from the same group.

An ok start overall.
Sep 2, 2022 3:58 PM
Feb 2020
Tedious, Unoriginal and self indulgent direction and writing.

Dropped at 25 minutes and something seconds.
Sep 16, 2022 8:59 PM
Jul 2021
It’s ok, but why are the girls on this show so abusive(it’s annoying and disturbing)
Sep 20, 2022 10:38 PM
Aug 2019
this episode is so inspiring!
Dec 17, 2022 2:49 AM

Dec 2012
I'm loving this anime

Dec 17, 2022 6:02 AM

Apr 2013
I did not expect a double-episode, but it actually almost felt like a normal episode. That dude is born in the same year as me... and is actually scarily similar to myself at 28 years, I also wish I could go back in time 10 years and redo a lot of my decisions back then. So far this anime hits home a bit too hard, which also means I do enjoy it so far.

So he actually figured out that he lives with one of those platinum people, wonder how long it will take him to figure out that the other two are living with him as well. Especially since that other girl's name also starts with "Nana", it should actually be damn obvious lol
Apr 6, 2023 11:20 PM
Dec 2022
Almost an hour long first episode. The story is pretty good and not like ReLife. An interesting premise of going back in time to redo your college life.
Jul 27, 2023 3:53 PM
Oct 2022
COWARD MC FOR LEAVE THE WIFE AND DON'T LOVE EX-WIFE IN PAST TIME FOR THE FUTURE LOVE
Aug 4, 2023 9:45 PM
Aug 2021
I would rather return back time than having load of money!
Aug 13, 2023 2:49 PM

Dec 2007
from some reason i'm afraid i'm gonna disappointed from this anime, but maybe it's just me?

the flew, the animation, it all was very natural feeling. wish there would be more 50 minutes episode like this lol.
i felt the fanservice really forced. and the time travel little cliche. it only raised me the question wether this is all real or gonna end as "this is all just a dream". and this is also kind of my fear this is gonna disappoint me.
Aug 22, 2023 8:58 AM
Feb 2022
Masterpiece, a 50-min long Masterpiece-level episode.
Sep 2, 2023 12:36 PM
May 2017
literally relatable to me, i am at that point of my life when i do think what will happen if i made different choices back then sigh orz
Nov 10, 2023 2:44 AM
Nov 2020
Not perfect but good
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

176 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 15, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

212 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

127 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

132 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

158 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.