Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2009 10:02 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
if all his power is going to keep coming from bullets I'll probably wind up dropping this series fairly soon.
May 25, 2009 8:07 AM

Dec 2007
Same for me.
May 25, 2009 12:30 PM

Feb 2008
Don't drop it until you get to episode 20... that's what I suggest.

The anime is absolutely amazing, but they do the beginning poorly :(

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, give it a thousand reasons to smile. =]
Jun 7, 2009 2:23 AM
Jun 2009
I'm at Episode 6 and I wanted to ask how the story will develop the next ... let's say 10-20 Episodes? The beginning is not bad, but it's the same and I want a bit more story and so on.

But Reborn ist truely cool. xD
Jun 7, 2009 3:43 AM

Sep 2008
BigRyder said:
I'm at Episode 6 and I wanted to ask how the story will develop the next ... let's say 10-20 Episodes? The beginning is not bad, but it's the same and I want a bit more story and so on.

But Reborn ist truely cool. xD

wait till episode 20... he still gets his power from bullets then but just wait and see
Jul 7, 2009 1:07 AM

Feb 2008
Minuette said:

well I wound up dropping it at episode 6, but I guess I could give it another shot. it won't be the first good anime that had a truly crappy beginning (12 Kingdoms), though 20 episodes seems like an awfully long time to wait for a series to become watchable.
Aug 10, 2009 9:29 AM

Jun 2009
1st episode was very good introduction and comedic

Fun facts:
1. Traditional awakening method
2. Coffee break hideout
3. Tsuna amazing blocks w/ his organ LOL LOL

This really bugs me when Tsuna on reborn mode he is always undressing..

ZinvyAug 10, 2009 11:51 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 16, 2009 11:31 PM

Dec 2007
reborns voice is just so awesome
Dec 28, 2009 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
jacobpaige said:
Minuette said:

well I wound up dropping it at episode 6, but I guess I could give it another shot. it won't be the first good anime that had a truly crappy beginning (12 Kingdoms), though 20 episodes seems like an awfully long time to wait for a series to become watchable.
same here, but I think I'll keep watching, even if it's just for the lol moments.
Jan 24, 2010 9:56 PM

Apr 2009
i can't see how you guys hate that he gets his power from the bullets..

i reckon its cool how there is more than one kind of bullet

like the leg bullets, they were awesome

imagine what kind of other bullets there are :O
Mar 31, 2010 3:48 AM

Oct 2008
Loved Gokudera's intro music. :3

They missed out the biggest aspect of his character though..

:(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 13, 2010 8:52 AM

Dec 2009
XD he sacrificed his ba**s for the team
May 23, 2010 8:22 AM

Jul 2009
So the bullets basically give the author an easy plot device for each episode since it seems they can do anything (much like Oda can give any ability from the Devil Fruit in One Piece).

It's funny how they took out the part where Gakuderu lights the dynamite with cigarettes... 8|
Jun 3, 2010 3:34 AM

Feb 2009
This episode was funnier than the last one and raised some more interest. Is the other guy always angry? Lol!
Jun 7, 2010 11:40 PM

Feb 2008
AbaraBob said:
i can't see how you guys hate that he gets his power from the bullets.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I basically hate it because its not his own power. he's a worthless wimp unless someone else is there to shoot him. I can't imagine how this kind of dependence could ever turn him into a reliable leader the way Reborn says he's trying to. but even if it could, it still wouldn't be interesting to watch.

btw, I dropped it again after episode 20, it never did get any better really.
Jun 9, 2010 12:54 PM

Jun 2008
How many white shirts has Tsuna? xD
Jul 10, 2010 11:33 AM

Dec 2008
I actually liked this ep much better than the 1st. I'm going to keep watching. Still don't understand why Tsuna loses his clothes when he gets hit with the dying will bullet.
Jul 14, 2010 12:49 PM

May 2009
Not much to say besides I hope the fights improve
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 23, 2010 12:22 AM

Nov 2009
damn man, i'm really diggin the comedic premise for this series

--i reeeeally want to see Tsuna's own power though (i'm at least hoping he's got any)
Jul 24, 2010 10:59 AM

Jan 2010
I'm enjoyed this episode, but I really hope that we get to see some story outside of school. Also, bullets, really? That's just.. too random. And mafia? And soo much comedy?
lol, doesn't sound like I enjoyed this episode at all.
I just really hope it'll get better once episode 20-something comes along, like everyone says it will.
Jun 26, 2011 7:00 AM

Jul 2010
Reborn is the man! his hideouts are pretty cool. I think its an ok start but i defenitly hope that he will be able to learn how to use the dying will power on his own someday. He also needs an adjustable suit or something i mean its funny now that he fights in his underwear but it will probably get old soon.
Nov 20, 2011 6:31 AM

Jul 2010
This is so lame. I don't see why people think it's funny, it's basically a copy of episode 1 just with another setting (kendo fight ---> volleybal) and a new char introduction. It was really stupid how Gokudera became is follower, for someone as strong as him it was a humiliating, I felt sorry for him... being a minor character and having to bow for someone as pathetic as Tsuna.

I do know that the real story begins at episode 20 (just wth? normal anime's are just 24/26 episodes long and this one takes thát long to begin with the plot..? xD) but this is gonna be really hard to even get till ep20 if this goes on... Sigh, I hope it'll get better cauz I've heard it's a really good anime...
Feb 7, 2012 1:03 AM

Jul 2007
yeah i agree with others on here. This whole power up thing through the use of various different bullets is kind of strange to me. I hope that is not the main focus for how tsuna uses his abilities through out the show.

Dec 24, 2012 11:38 AM

Jul 2011
-Tsuno still a loser..

-The new dude look awesome :3 Bomberman
Apr 15, 2013 2:35 PM

Jul 2011
jacobpaige said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
if all his power is going to keep coming from bullets I'll probably wind up dropping this series fairly soon.

I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and I got this. Really?? A MC who will become a mafia leader who is a wimp and relies on magic to do such simple tasks.

And apparently it will be like this until episode 20...Can I just skip this?
And what episode does chrome appear in? Because honestly that's the only reason I wanted to watch this, because of her character.

Anyways I will try to at least get to episode 21ish where "it gets better".
Apr 15, 2013 2:44 PM

Nov 2010
MoonxArtemis said:
jacobpaige said:

I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and I got this. Really?? A MC who will become a mafia leader who is a wimp and relies on magic to do such simple tasks.

And what episode does chrome appear in? Because honestly that's the only reason I wanted to watch this, because of her character.

He stays wimpy almost the whole anime, he has some cool moments though.

And she doesn't show up until episode 50.
Apr 17, 2013 5:10 AM

Oct 2012
MoonxArtemis said:
jacobpaige said:

I would recommend to watch at leat 10 episodes to get to know the characters. I skipped 16-20 because it was getting boring...

It takes a while till it get's good, episode ~40 was where I really started to like it.
May 20, 2013 2:56 PM

Nov 2011
Oh god, Hayato is just a total boss this episode with a badass personality as well. Nice.
May 26, 2013 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
Buen episodio
Jun 27, 2013 2:27 AM

Oct 2012
jacobpaige said:
If all his power is going to keep coming from bullets I'll probably wind up dropping this series fairly soon.

Well, this is just the beginning?
He still has so many things to learn you know.. So yeah that bullets are his guides to be a boss :)

Psylocybek said:
How many white shirts has Tsuna? xD

Lol maybe reborn could make some new uniforms
"Signature removed"
Nov 6, 2013 1:29 PM

Jan 2013
jacobpaige said:

Umm.. yeah same here...
Nov 7, 2014 12:02 PM

May 2012
Average development, the pace is still horrible, I'll probably have to speed this up to actually keep my attention to the show... oh well let's see what's next.
May 16, 2015 6:01 AM
Mar 2014
Lmao Hayato with kawai eyes.

Hayato soldier nr1
Jun 17, 2017 10:28 AM

Dec 2015
Pretty weird that only his underwear doesn't get ripped off during the power-up.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 14, 2018 8:59 PM
Dec 2011
I'm re-watching the series and whereas the first time through, it was kind of a chore to get through the first 20ish episodes (I even skipped a few), now I absolutely love every minute of the fluffy beginning times of peace!

Also, I didn't realize that the animators pack a lot of info into these episodes. The main cast of KHR is huge and I didn't realize before how everyone is present in the episodes even before they are formally introduced.

Finally, I appreciate that Tsuna resolved to give it his all, even without the help of the dying will flames. It further validates his character development rather than only being cool in HDW mode.
Sep 18, 2018 9:05 PM

Aug 2017
Welp gonna actually try to watch this after much contemplation...seems like a long show but it’s nothing compared to One Piece lol (which I am still trying to catch up on).

I’ve heard good things about the show and seen how cool it can get so I guess I’ll grit my teeth through these beginning episodes. Although I think this episode was a little better than the first.
Sep 22, 2019 2:39 AM
Aug 2019
The bomber guy shows up, Gokudera Hayto. It was a decent episode. I like how there are other types of bullets now. Seems interesting.
Jan 24, 2021 12:44 PM

Jan 2021
Hmmm... either there was some mistranslation in the subs I was watching or is Reborn just flat out lying here or something? He said Tsuna passed his "test" because he didn't need the Dying Will Bullet when he clearly shot him with it?
Apr 6, 2021 12:52 AM
Apr 2016
This is the first time I hate the main character of a popular + well-rated shounen so much, every time he's on screen it's downright nauseating for me - he is a carbon-copy of Yuuki Rito from To Love Ru, and that's a really bad thing. I really hope he'll get better later on, since right now with every fiber of my being I abhor Tsuna.
Apr 16, 2023 10:36 PM

Jan 2021
A man who dies trying never die

Good quote for this chap

Sep 13, 1:57 PM
Jun 2017
gia ton poutso pou kavalaei ton star kai ton varaei sto kefali

More topics from this board

Poll: » What's your favorite opening?

ReMightyRon - Oct 12

6 by Bishoy_Shinigami »»
Oct 14, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 25 Discussion

notestinet - Jul 31, 2008

21 by Silvator »»
Oct 13, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shiken - Feb 23, 2008

68 by jilebi_james23 »»
Oct 9, 2:56 PM

» English dub release date

INTJ_Ren - Sep 5

6 by iNinjeek »»
Sep 28, 11:10 AM

» Upcoming English Dub

INTJ_Ren - Sep 4

9 by INTJ_Ren »»
Sep 5, 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.