Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pacing seems kinda slow for this show recently. They do have all the idols now under one roof but it's important for everyone to get along.

That Rei girl isn't easy to get along with. Her personality kinda reminds me of Kotono herself. Luckily, it seems most of the idols are supportive of each other. One other noticable member is Shizuku who seems to be more timid than others.
Stark700Feb 7, 2021 8:49 AM
Feb 7, 2021 9:01 AM
Feb 2021
SPOILER ALERT

Just remember and look on these characters for the entire story starts from Episode 5 (I will adding seiyuu information here, this is important, because it will be related and it will affect the entire story starts from Episode 5).

1. Nagase Kotono (Tachibana Mirai/MusicRay'n)
2. Ibuki Nagisa (Natsume Kokona/MusicRay'n)
3. Narumiya Suzu (Aikawa Kanata/MusicRay'n)
4. Hayasaka Mei (Hinata Moka/MusicRay'n)
5. Shiraishi Saki (Miyazawa Koharu/MusicRay'n)

(See? There are same agency name here, because they are MusicRay'n Generation 3 members. Because MusicRay'n is also the producer of Project IDOLY PRIDE, they are 'homegrown' casts, as like TrinityAile (TrySail) and LizNoir (Sphere). Anyway, this is their first television project ever as MusicRay'n member, except Aikawa Kanata, who also get the main role in Wonder Egg Priority as Ohto Ai and Tachibana Mirai who get some minor role in the other anime, but Idoly Pride still has been counted officially as their first television appearances).

6. Kawasaki Sakura (Kanno Mai/Mausu)
7. Ichinose Rei (Moeko Yuuki/Just Pro)
8. Saeki Haruko (Sasaki Nao/81 Produce)
9. Hyōdō Shizuku (Shutou Yukina/Pro Fit)
10. Shiraishi Chisa (Takao Kanon/Link Plan)

(See? They are 5 seiyuus from various agencies outside MusicRay'n, although please support much them too as MusicRay'n comrades, because they can be in this franchise too because of the audition who held by Production Committee (yes of course, by CyberAgent, Straight Edge and MusicRay'n itself)).

For more information, please check: https://youtu.be/qVx39hTYlNA

AND IF YOU ALREADY WATCHED IT ...

Congratulation, you will understand what I mean before, and congratulation for having seen the strengthening of the supernatural genre in Idoly Pride anime.

RATING: 10/10. This is the best plot development in the best idol multimedia franchise ever for the Japanese entertainment industry, no doubt. And more importantly, MusicRay'n as the producer could introduce their new members in a much different way ever than anybody in this industry.
IchBinTeofilusFeb 7, 2021 9:14 AM
Feb 7, 2021 9:15 AM

Dec 2014
Really nice episode.

So they split up the units as expected but in the OP they are all together so maybe we'll see some crossover performances. I'd like that.

Haruka's intro was too real that it was fake. xD
I think Rei might be my favorite so far, love her character design too. Well, the entire case is very likable for that matter.

The last scene near the flowers was great and the group picture was cute.
Feb 7, 2021 9:18 AM

Apr 2014
Very nice and heartwarming episode.
Bad news turns good when the new group was formed. And, we got two new members, Rei and Haruko who is 17 forever.
Rei is on another level from others. She's like Kotono on steroid when practicing. But, that because she has her goal of making her parents accept her dream.
Glad to see all of the members are getting along and supporting each other.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 7, 2021 9:25 AM

Feb 2019
As expected we got the group split in two. I think it was for the best. We already saw Rei last week, but she’s finally been introduced as a member. Haruka is great too. Can’t decide who I think is best girl rn. Tough competition between Rei and Kotono.

I also like the parallels between Rei and Kotono so I’m interested to see how their relationship will play out.

The pacing seems to be a bit slow the past couple weeks. Wondering what they’re planning to do narratively. Still really enjoying it.
Feb 7, 2021 9:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice it wasn't about leaving just splitting the group, it's pretty interesting that way! Nice development in this episode
Feb 7, 2021 9:39 AM

Mar 2019
So the "office worker lady" joined the group as well and she is also an idol...tbh I didn't expect that and ngl but she looks even older than 20 somehow...but she is fine as the onee-chan in this group with her experience. I think she will take care of them all.

The productions pace is kinda fast...I mean being able to keep two groups with so many members is also a little budget thing....but it seems Makino-san knows what to do.
Feb 7, 2021 9:48 AM

Jan 2014
It was better to split them for sure. Allows us to concentrate on a few of them at a time. As besides the two leaders, and the two new girls, we aren't fully used to the rest of them. Doing this allowed us to understand the characters more, which was a good move.
Feb 7, 2021 10:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Certainly spitting the group will hurt their unity but at the same time it will enable each of them to improve their own skills as well. Nice to see Haruko join them though considering she's been stuck as a secretary for some time. Though she's older than expected. Rei though looks kinda different aura wise. In terms of skill sets Rei and Haruko would add a lot to whichever groups they're in. Rei's attitude though will take some time to get used too though. Though her secret job sure ended up introducing a pretty cute side to her while expanding upon her nicely. While their relationship is still bumpy its nice to see Sakura's group start to bond with each other. Overall an interesting ep that introduced both an interesting idea in the form of the sub groups but also doing well to expand upon select characters within them as well namely Rei, Sakura and Haruko. Curious whether the enxt ep's will focus on this formula though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2021 11:03 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The decision to split a larger group into a tiny one seems a bold move. I think Makino may used it as a way to decide the center spot. But, apparently, its already decided to be an official group from now and later on. Interesting movements.

The arrival of those blonde girl was expected, together with that, ehm, 17 years old high schooler *twinkling my eyes*. Rei looked like a cruel girl, and a bit of harsh when teaching the others. Then, its a yes so far from the outside, especially after hearing her backstory. However, the personality of her was not so so in the inside. I mean, look at her clumsiness when her friends caught her up at the working place. I chuckled a bit at those moments. While Chisa was so understandable with her general fear against those new approaching, especially when she didn't had her onee-san around.

Sakura, as the new leader, wouldn't let everything break apart with those kind of situation. She needed to do something big to catch them up into a better terms. Thats when she got a nice scenery outside. A beautiful breeze to broke the awkwardness within the girls. Yes, Makino already set something up behind the scene, to finally made them up together in the end of duration. Sounds simple and yet so cliche. But, its really what they firstly need to get a big step into their unison feeling to be the top idols ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 7, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2017
While it's correct that both of Kotono and Sakura are great and suited to be a leader. I don't know how to feel about them splitting into 2. But I can see the advantage, they are just starting out, and I think having less member (because split into 2) to practice with is easier to coordinate, but with that said, I truly hope they will re-merge in the future. I want to see Kotono-Sakura duet once again. I will miss it till then. Very interested to see what will happen now some members are out of their comfort zone (like that one who got separated with her sister) to fight to reach their dream.

That self-claimed 17 years old tho, hahaha.
Feb 7, 2021 12:50 PM

Oct 2014
Shy girls are a trope in idol show but why is Chisa even in the idol industry?
Unlike Kotono whom, despite still stuck under the memories of her sister, her goal is still basically for herself. Meanwhile Chisa doesn't look like she's interested in being an idol. She just likes idol and doesn't want to get separated from her sister.
Sure, Makino's move is great man-management, but as a character in a story, Chisa finding resolution without us knowing more about her sister and why Chisa is so stuck with her (the background motive behind Chisa's starting point in this episode), and instead choosing another, previously unrelated to Chisa, character as a "larger than life" example for her... it doesn't make sense.
It feels like eating sandwich without its filling while looking at a picture of a sandwich with fillings.

The part that Mana decided to stay quiet and watchful of Makino throughout the whole episode is interesting, tho.
I think I'm just going to take that part as the true content of this episode and ignore the rest kek.
Revvie-chanFeb 7, 2021 12:54 PM
Feb 7, 2021 1:41 PM

May 2018
Rei is almost as strict as my mom :O wow there are now so many idols
Feb 7, 2021 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
ending of the previous episode had me scared but glad it turned out not being anything bad. pretty nice episode though, looks like they're making some nice progress and new members are quite good. also, rei is really cool, i agree with what she was saying and stuff.
Feb 7, 2021 8:32 PM

Jul 2017
A 5-5 split within the big 8-man (now 10) girl group, that's seems for the better in Makino (and Mana)'s case. It's true that there hasn't been much development on the part of the girls, but the sliver of hope that this split will help work for the best, with 2 more girls: the un-lookalike 17-year-old Haruko and 18-year-old Rei, both proficient dancers.

It's nitpicking everywhere when Rei's in charge, and she's relentless towards Haruko, Sakura, Shizuku and Chisa in terms of the dance "architecture", sad but true. Regardless of where the girls are now, it's befitting to be a pro on-stage, but off-stage, practice is the only manna.

The distinction between Rei and the others are awfully obvious, but even at the beginner levels, they're expected to deliver. Rei is one character that hits close to the heart, being self-sufficient when life hits her hard without giving up her dreams. Even Kotono herself has to step out of her comfort zone to adapt to others.

Breaking the walls of confinement and turning strangers into friends, that's a good improvement.
Feb 8, 2021 1:49 AM

Sep 2019
So Rei joined their production and the producer decided to split them into groups. I want this group to be successful since Shizuku is in it. The ED song sounds really similar to a song that I can't remember the name of.
Feb 8, 2021 8:18 AM

Jun 2016
interesting and not make me boring while watching entire film !!
Feb 8, 2021 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
for sure thought it was gonna be some bad news but we got baited at least for now turns out their just doing two groups not a bad idea ,lol love how we got two super strict girls in each group with the new girl

Haruko channeling her forever 17 Marine
Feb 11, 2021 6:49 AM

Sep 2020
Oh Looks like it was just separating groups and not telling them to leave and it's not only Sakura-Chan!

New member, Rei Ichinose, the one who was dancing. Looks like she is really stict with this practice but only because she wants to continue her dream of dancing but her parents won't allow and she is working part-time for that to live on her own!

They even got into a small fight but looks like it all came together at last!
Feb 11, 2021 6:52 AM

Oct 2018
Two new members has make an appearance. Saeki who just literally claimed herself 17 years old and Rei Ichinose whose personality reminds of Kotono-chan.

That's a quite of a strict lesson there, but it's still the best to not to be too strictful and keep it at a steady pace. Well, later they'll have to get out of their comfort zone for a while too.
Forum set made by Nate
Feb 13, 2021 1:15 AM

Nov 2018
So the group just split into two with additions of 2 new members.
Haruko, a girl that in past episode was Makino Secretary and Mana Friends want to continue to become Idol and Supporting Girls to reach the goal Moreover she legit looks like 17 years old.
Rei, a Girl that calling cops previous episode add to the group too. In the beginning personality kind like Kotono in begginning. But, later find out he have Soft Side and Care about their group and unfortunately must split Rei Time with her Part-Time Job. Well kinda like Rei Character after what their showed this episode.

Well, what a relieved the group just split group and not any of member get out of group.

Chisa having a problem when she split group with her Big Sister, but in the end thanks to Rei and Sakura Chisa can overcome it.

What a Great Picture in the end, Hope their can Win the Idol Competition in the end.
Yunohi-kunFeb 13, 2021 1:31 AM
Feb 13, 2021 11:43 PM

Oct 2017
So they were divided in two groups and both Kotono and Sakura were given leader role, nice ig. Sakura's group had a bit of trouble but good thing it was resolved fast. Their group photo was nice.
Feb 17, 2021 6:42 AM
Jul 2018
I thought it was a joke but Haruko is actually a part of the group. She feels so out of place it's like a mom trying really hard to look like a teenager again.
Apr 1, 2021 6:05 PM

Mar 2018
I feel like every idol show in existence has this same episode; one girl works less than the talented girl and a rift happens then all is happy in the end!!!

There is some other miscellaneous stuff too, but this episode just seemed really poor in the writing department.
May 9, 2022 5:54 PM
Mar 2019
So it seems you just find Idols hanging out in the street, once maybe, but twice....
Aug 21, 2022 7:49 PM

Aug 2017
Eh, not a fun show so far. I only like the girl who can talk to ghosts. Love Live and Superstar are so much better than other idol anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2021

76 by Viok »»
Aug 25, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

31 by Viok »»
Aug 23, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 2 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 17, 2021

36 by ZeroNoColor »»
Feb 19, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

31 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

35 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.