Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2021 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now that the other idols made their appearances, it seems they are getting some screen time along with showing more of their hobbies.

Watching Kotono and Nagisa's scenes feels weird as their personalities are so different. This episode was a nice chance for all the idols to get to know each other more. I think they all have potential in some form or another.
Jan 24, 2021 9:18 AM

Jul 2017
I like he goes his way to talk it to her, yeah she eventually had to try to blend with the group and open up more, especially since she is inevitably kinda viewed by the rest as their "leader", due to being Mana (the one they look up the most)'s sister.
And I glad she just does that quite soon, one step ahead for now and their bond as fellow members of the group will grow even further ahead.

The first and great bonding episode in general.
Jan 24, 2021 9:21 AM

Apr 2014
The group got more new members, it's starting to be more lively. Saki is like the mother of the team.
Kotono is kind of tsundere and lone wolf, I think. She needs to open her mind to her teammates for making their relationship to be better. And, I glad that she started to open her mind and with that their friendship will be even better.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 24, 2021 9:23 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty nice episode.

Kotono's on the more reserved side as expected but after seeing the performance of their competitors, looks like she's trying her best to work with the group. The last scene was cute.
Jan 24, 2021 9:23 AM

Jan 2014
Glad to know more of the cast honestly, now we know more about them in detail, as last week they just felt like thrown in at the end lol. But now it's better.
Jan 24, 2021 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
The new idols of Hoshimi Productions have emerged, and just starting out their idol activities, albeit on the slice-of-life side first while figuring out what to do...except for Kotono, who has to fill Mana's shoes and continue the idol legacy, there's lots of pressure for taking up the responsibility.

What producer Makino makes sense for an idol group of diverse characters, the Venus Program no longer suits solo artist's like Mana's back in the day.

Furthermore, getting to know each others' personalities about being idols, that's always the shining moment for new wannabes, and also, Mana appreciation as the foundation. When it comes to old groups for old time's sake (such as LizNoir), the experience blending in with the instaneous action sequences makes them look like pros in an official concert.

Their first actual hurdle with experienced idol groups, and hope these girls put in more effort as time passes, especially Kotono whose mindset begins to change from an individual to a group one. Ganbatte girls.
Jan 24, 2021 9:43 AM

May 2020
I'm glad we are getting to see more of the group, and they are not learning into the supernatural element too much.
Jan 24, 2021 10:20 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Saki sure has been busy but nipping bad habits at the bud is the best way to help them. While individual character and strength may have carried the day in the past in the modern idol scene diverse characters and synergy with other girls is what will enable the girls to rise higher than their past sempai's. The insight into why each of the girls decided to become idols though was insightful. Still the pressure on Kotono due to Mana's fame really must be immense. The intervention of Liznoir while stressful to the girls also served to provide them with an excellent opportunity to see how pros perform. And impressive they sure were. Still its what the girls take from that thats really important. Overall an interesting ep that did well to expand upon each of the girls while also highlighting the issues that Kotono struggles with. The appearance of the duo from Liznoir was a nice reminder of what the top idols were like in their performances. Nice ending theme from them though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2021 10:48 AM

Jul 2015
First interactions between the unit! They are all very different and some time will be needed for them to truly start connecting, this episode had the first steps towards that.

LizNoir showed up and shocked everyone with their quality, the road to reach the top spot is still very far away, but Sakura's excitement was just what they needed to motivate themselves to aim towards their goal.

I found very curious that in the scene near the beach, [that hermit crab actually hid when Mana moved her finger towards it](https://imgur.com/ECeVYWZ), I wonder if it could see her or just notice her presence, maybe that becomes a plot point in the future with the characters feeling that she's there.

One last thing, not only the awesome LizNoir ED got uploaded in the official channel when the episode aired, but there is also a very old school style music video of the full song!

Jan 24, 2021 12:32 PM

Feb 2019
Dude the animation during that liznoir dance was insane .

Great episode. It’s unfair to expect anyone to be a replacement for their dead sibling, so it sucks to see people thinking about Kotono in that fashion.

That liznoir Ed is such a bop too. I hate how slept on this show is.
Jan 24, 2021 1:10 PM

Sep 2019
The dance REALLY surprised me, it was amazing. My girl Shizuku got more screen time in this episode. It was a good episode, this show would've been so good if they hadn't added a ghost to the cast. Loved the ED.
Jan 24, 2021 1:12 PM

Mar 2019
Wow. LizNoir is amazing. Might be the best idol animation I have ever seen tbh. Kudos to the production and animators here!
I am not sure if the decision from the president was correct... I highly doubt someone in real would left out such a big opportunity...

Anyway we have 7 members now... Maybe 9 in total again?!

And yes idol groups are way better than solo imo. The manager is right in that way
Jan 24, 2021 4:18 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The girls daily interaction must be full of energy and dynamic. Saki as the senior had to do all of the remainders for her beloved junior. But Kotono didn't feel the same breeze as the others. Fortunately, Makino found another cute gem to accompanying the lone wolf Kotono.

Its proved out to be effective to increase her moods. Even though the process still had a trouble, the girls were ready to improved. Sharing each other goals must be good to strengthened their relations. Suzu became my highlight with all of her excitement. However, once again, Kotono didn't feel the same breeze, and blame Suzu's reaction as a pressure feeling to her existence. She surely had a complex manner around there, i am aggree with you, Nagisa.

Fortunately, Liznoir's arrival opened up Kotono's perspective completely. She couldn't longer act like that a dimwit like that. She need to changed herself. Its started out with a simple manner, yet, the difficult one. Befriended with everyone else, and ready to blended in the group, for the sake of her goal, to reach the place which her sister couldn't reach it before. Its time for the girls to be more serious exercising with a lot of a new excitement!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 24, 2021 7:03 PM

Jan 2012
I really enjoyed watching LizNoir dance! ^.^

Jan 25, 2021 1:24 AM

Oct 2008
oh nice! loyal supporter of Kotono: Ibuki Nagisa has also joined the idol group!

Jan 25, 2021 7:50 AM

May 2018
oh hey Kotone is finally starting to open up to everyone else
Jan 26, 2021 6:40 AM

Sep 2009
Inviting Sphere members for LizNoir was cheating. Using Ayahi Takagaki and Haruka Tomatsu (who are my #1 and #3 all time favourite female VAs) this ep. was double-cheating. Making this magnificent dance sequence and ED song was triple-cheating. To bad this anime is not about them.
Nachtwandler_21Jan 26, 2021 6:45 AM
Jan 27, 2021 12:40 AM

Oct 2017
Nice Kotone's friend also joined the unit and she's already helping Kotone to get along with the others. I'm happy for her. Also LizNoir duo were interesting girls.
Jan 27, 2021 11:13 AM

Jan 2011
give me LizNoir give me more! but putting them in the team would be cheating ,this show can look real nice when it wants to

funny that Kotone's friend is in the unit she kinda kills her whole cold attitude
Jan 27, 2021 11:13 AM

Jan 2011
give me LizNoir give me more! but putting them in the team would be cheating ,this show can look real nice when it wants to

funny that Kotone's friend is in the unit she kinda kills her whole cold attitude
Jan 27, 2021 4:08 PM

Jun 2013
I liked how fumbly the group's dynamics and inexperience as trainees were showcased in this episode. Neither the awkwardness nor the difference in skills were handled overly dramatically, it moreso felt like an honest portrayal of a group of young people who are really in their humble beginnings and still getting to know each other (regardless of having the youngest sister of a legendary idol as a member).

The LizNoir ED is both a treat and a smart way to close off an episode that contrasts their experience and finesse as veterans with the rookie girls.
Jan 28, 2021 2:25 PM

Nov 2018
Kotono got a Problem to blending and working together as a Group. But, eventually after her friend join with the group (Nagisa)and seeing LizNoir Performance, Kotono decided to struggled with the group. I hope Kotono can working with the group without any problem.

Nagisa got introduced this episode, that is really good thing to support Kotono. Nagisa was really knowing Kotono for a long time, So I not gonna worry about Kotono get Serious Problem.

Saki got Mana signature and after that Shizuku showing that not Mana usual Signature. So basically Saki just got Mana Handwriting, LOL.

LizNoir Performance was really good with their Dance Chorography And really good animation btw and The Group can make some lesson from their Dance Choreography to make their performance better for Venus Competition.
Still I want to know what wrong with LizNoir Manager/Trainer (Asakura). I hope can find out more about relationship between Owner and Asakura guy.

I wonder too, if Mana can make appearance to the group in the end of anime. The sign is already show by Crab react to Mana Presence, but maybe is just some coincidence. Well I gonna know in future episode for the answer.
Jan 28, 2021 11:18 PM

Sep 2020
Wow, looks like most of the members in the group have gathered as the got inspired by idols xD

In this episode, we got a new member, friend of Kotono-Chan from School!!!XD

We also got introduced to a duo-LizNoir. They sure are cool ngl.

We also got a special ending this episode, can't wait for the next one!XD
Jan 28, 2021 11:18 PM

Oct 2018
Liz Noir is an interesting one and will probably soon join their idol group!

And also we have more new members here! Ibuki Nagisa has joined the group and is loyal to Kotono-chan! xD

Woaaaaaaah, looks like Kotono-chan finally open up her feelings and decides to help them reach to the top in Venus Program! Looking forward for the next episode!
Forum set made by Nate
Jan 29, 2021 9:19 PM
Jan 2021
every time I hear them mention mana I get depressed.. I want to just wait till its finished airing but I just cant the songs are too good :'(
Jan 31, 2021 7:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So many different girls now but they all seem really forgettable to be honest, except for Mana's sister and her friend
Feb 7, 2021 3:09 PM

Nov 2013
LizNoir are pretty cool (as expected from one of the top groups), damn that ending song, i need to listen to it more :D
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 1, 2021 3:58 PM

Mar 2018
Loved the duality between Sakura and Kotono, really shows the two different mindset these idols have.

Hopefully Kotono has a change of heart after watching those videos together.
Apr 8, 2021 10:03 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
there's the scene that was constantly used in tik toks, beautifully animated, fooling me into thinking there was no cgi to be used in this show... lol

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Apr 9, 2021 9:30 PM

Aug 2015
BetaMaleUltra said:
there's the scene that was constantly used in tik toks, beautifully animated, fooling me into thinking there was no cgi to be used in this show... lol

If you are strictly looking for 2d dance sakuga, 2011 Idolmaster is your show.
May 21, 2021 3:57 AM
Mar 2012
Liking how Makino's very supportive, but bit too laid back.
Kotono's friend arriving's good, can help open up & maybe fix her personality issue.
Great animation really accentuates the gulf between noobs vs Liznoir. Could've gone badcg for the noobs but they went all out.
Cool to see unique different skills, like Suzu got good poses, blue has wishywashy moves, confidence gap between the sisters, Orange is laggy, Kotono best attention to detail on poses, and all out of sync. Then Liznoir has this dynamic power thats in sync with much sharper moves, and for rivals their feedback is surprisingly constructive (maybe respect for Saegusa).

Jul 18, 2021 6:50 AM

Apr 2011
Its been a while since I kinda saw that level of dancing animation.
May 9, 2022 1:35 PM
Mar 2019
Rival Idols "Liznoir" appear to give some pointers on their routines.
Best ending song yet, may have to look it up.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2021

76 by Viok »»
Aug 25, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

31 by Viok »»
Aug 23, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 2 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 17, 2021

36 by ZeroNoColor »»
Feb 19, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

31 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

35 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.