Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2013 3:58 AM

Dec 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was a great phrase to end a great manga. 10/10, Hikaru no Go will be a manga that will stay in my heart forever.
Jan 16, 2014 7:52 PM
Jul 2013
This is the official last chapter of the manga. Chapters 190 & 191 are extras.
Oct 21, 2017 12:49 AM

Dec 2015
Well, that sucked ass, pretty disappointing ending for a really good manga. Still a 9/10 though.
joe_g7Dec 12, 2017 10:03 PM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 15, 2017 5:37 PM

Aug 2013
Not exactly a phenomenal ending, but if what the rumor say is true, then I guess this is the best Yumi Hotta could do. That being said, the series really felt like it ended back in volume 17, kind of where the anime left off actually. Everything after feels like an extended epilogue, a glimpse into Hikaru's future. All in all this manga put me in a state hype few other's could do. The start of the match between Sai and Toya Mejin especially left with me with chills. A very well written story, with a fair bit of development for our main character, as well as the side characters around him. And told with a sort of subtle maturity you don't really see a lot of in Jump's line up of titles.
Feb 11, 2018 1:26 PM

Dec 2014
After watching the anime years ago, I finally binge read the manga. Great series overall, always had me on my toes, intrigued and always led me to read the next chapter. I had a lot of fun with it, the only thing I'd actually call this series out on is that this ending in particular felt kinda weak and could've been better. I'd have loved to see more of the Go world. I wanted an ending that was a little more symbolic showing Sai's full fledged play developing in Hikaru. Nevertheless a really fun ride but I really really wanted more.

9/10, cause I really enjoyed it a lot. In fact more so than what I remember of the anime I watched years ago.
Dec 24, 2019 12:44 AM

May 2015
This chapter felt like it ended abruptly. All in all, Hikaru no Go was a great manga. 9/10 for the series overall.
zomikJan 11, 2020 9:31 PM
Mar 23, 2020 4:57 PM

Mar 2018
The ending really felt anti-climatic for all the buildup I felt during those previous chapters, but overall, the series was awesome.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Oct 25, 2020 5:04 PM

Mar 2018
I wish the author allowed Hikaru to win against strong opponents like Toya or Ko Yong Ha at least once. Sure Hikaru isn’t Sai and he will never be as strong as Sai but Hikaru is Sai’s only student.
after becoming a pro, Hikaru kept showing strong play and almost winning but never wins unless the player is weak or less experienced just in case of Yashiro.
And so what if he won against Hong Suyong! He defeated him before becoming a pro. I guess winning doesn’t matter if you put a good show! Despite this disappointing outcome, the manga was fun read.
Nov 25, 2020 11:33 AM
Nov 2020
It was good, but the ending kinda sucked. It felt like it could contiue, bit it just didn't. Overall though it was a good read and I really liked it!
Dec 30, 2020 1:54 AM
Nov 2015
mneav3 said:
I wish the author allowed Hikaru to win against strong opponents like Toya or Ko Yong Ha at least once. Sure Hikaru isn’t Sai and he will never be as strong as Sai but Hikaru is Sai’s only student.
after becoming a pro, Hikaru kept showing strong play and almost winning but never wins unless the player is weak or less experienced just in case of Yashiro.
And so what if he won against Hong Suyong! He defeated him before becoming a pro. I guess winning doesn’t matter if you put a good show! Despite this disappointing outcome, the manga was fun read.
that wouldn't be realistic and we see every sports anime have the underdog team win against a superior team in the end why cant the MC loss in the end as well especially against strong opponents with more experience than him.
Dec 30, 2020 1:55 AM
Nov 2015
joe_g7 said:
Well, that sucked ass, pretty disappointing ending for a really good manga. Still a 9/10 though.
how did that suck? It made perfect sense and was a perfect culmination of his character arc
Dec 30, 2020 1:57 AM
Nov 2015
Blue923 said:
This is the official last chapter of the manga. Chapters 190 & 191 are extras.
Anime_Boomer said:
It was good, but the ending kinda sucked. It felt like it could contiue, bit it just didn't. Overall though it was a good read and I really liked it!
why would it continue? The MC character arc was done, there is no reason to continue.
Dec 30, 2020 1:58 AM
Nov 2015
ezra_aket said:
The ending really felt anti-climatic for all the buildup I felt during those previous chapters, but overall, the series was awesome.
why was it anticlimactic? It resolved all that was set up and made sense.
Feb 26, 2021 8:12 AM

Oct 2019
Just finished this manga. I loved reading it, but found the ending pretty disappointing. It feels like they planned to continue the manga at some point but then just didn't - it feels like it was cut short.

I think if I were to recommend this series to anyone I'd probably tell them to stop reading after Hikaru's dream about Sai, just like the anime. It just feels like a better end than what we ended up with, even if it isn't too conclusive either.
Slembi_Feb 26, 2021 8:15 AM
Apr 6, 2021 12:35 AM

May 2020
I do wish we got an ending that was bit more detailed. I would've liked to know more about Waya and Isumi.

Overall, this was a pretty good manga. I don't think it was perfect and it was pretty bland in the beginning but it gets really good when Hikaru starts playing on his own. Personally, the manga peaked during Toya Meijin v Sai but what came after was pretty good too. I do wish we got a definitive match between Akira and Hikaru again towards the end. 7/10.
Dec 28, 2021 9:45 AM

Dec 2007
the last arc felt to me as yumi tried something different, but ended up destroying the manga's good points, hikaru was pretty pathetic lol.

still this manga holds true good story, with obata work, what can i ask for more?
10/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Chapter 136 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 19, 2017

3 by Timeline_man »»
Sep 17, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Chapter 126 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 18, 2017

3 by Timeline_man »»
Sep 16, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Chapter 62 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 15, 2017

3 by Timeline_man »»
Sep 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Chapter 29 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 15, 2017

3 by Timeline_man »»
Jun 15, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Hikaru no Go Chapter 198 Discussion

User-Name - Dec 28, 2021

1 by pipipipipipi »»
Oct 15, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.