Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2020 3:46 PM
Oct 2015
is this getting review bombed or something?
im just checking out stuff form business jump then i see everything rated very high then theres this
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 25, 2020 11:31 PM

Jul 2017
Neostorm-X said:
im just checking out stuff form business jump then i see everything rated very high then theres this

Lmao dawg chill out
Feb 1, 2020 9:39 PM
Oct 2015
wut you mean?

im just asking because im curious if this is good or not or worth reading?
Nov 22, 2020 12:57 AM

Apr 2011
The ones who wrote reviews are boomers. I'm reading the Manga now it's story is just terrible, even considering the time since hokuto no Ken is much better written
Feb 17, 2021 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
I think it's because the appeal of something like Riki-Oh is kinda niche now. I'm currently halfway through the manga and the plot is so weirdly complicated and kind of stupid as hell. Honestly though, I don't see that as a negative, because I've been getting exactly what I wanted out of it: martial arts action, buff men and tons of gore. You don't read Riki-Oh because you want a good story. You read Riki-Oh because you want to see a buff guy punch someone so hard their head flies off. It is peak hyper violent, manly 80s anime trash. It goes without saying that people still like action and gore, but something like Riki-Oh is just too dated to be enjoyed by the average modern day anime/manga consoomer. It has not aged as well as something like Hokuto no Ken, despite the similarities between them.

If you want to read something well-written, I would probably not recommend Riki-Oh. However, if you want to read a very silly 80s manga with gratuitous violence and lots of shirtless men punching each other, you might love it lol. I know I just kind of roasted it in my last paragraph, but I am really enjoying this manga. It's a great read if you are the specific kind of person who enjoys silly violent 80s stuff.
removed-userMay 5, 2021 9:17 AM
Jun 10, 2021 6:30 AM
Oct 2014
I started reading it but I don't think it holds up over the test of time. Despite being like junk food, it doesn't have that page turning, daytime tv effect that makes you want to keep watching.

I would always recommend reading Fist of the North Star to anyone who sees this manga and hasn't already. FOTNS definitely does hold up to the test of time in my opinion, and this manga is kind of like the overly edgy cousin.

The live action movie for Riki-Oh though? PURE GOLD better go watch that if you somehow got here without already seeing it.
Apr 6, 2022 3:41 AM

Nov 2013
Neostorm-X said:

Majority of readers didn't think that high of the manga, but only those few that liked it could be bothered to write a review for it.
You all need to watch Nami.

Apr 7, 2022 8:38 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread Locked For Breaking Manga Discussion Rule 2.E
e. MAL community data
    e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
    e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
    e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
    Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD RULES
MD RULES
CD RULES
STAFF
SET BY NYMIL
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Included one-shots: Kirinji and N.Y. Dust

EterTC - Jun 15, 2020

0 by EterTC »»
Jun 15, 2020 8:47 AM

Poll: » Riki-oh Chapter 75 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 24, 2012

3 by solar901 »»
Sep 9, 2016 4:07 PM

Poll: » Riki-oh Chapter 71 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 24, 2012

1 by solar901 »»
Sep 9, 2016 2:55 PM

Poll: » Riki-oh Chapter 69 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 24, 2012

1 by solar901 »»
Sep 9, 2016 2:40 PM

Poll: » Riki-oh Chapter 64 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 24, 2012

1 by solar901 »»
Sep 5, 2016 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.