Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 20, 2020 8:24 AM
Jan 2019
The Manga rating looks kinda messed up (6,99) but the Anime Adaptation kinda boosted it to 7,30. Is it worth watching and should i give it a try? I've seem some top review and most of them are positive one.
Nov 20, 2020 8:40 AM
Nov 2020
Well if you like mind games and problem solving then why not. Just go in open minded dont expect something with Death Notes qualities. Because there are some rly silly moments.
Nov 22, 2020 10:57 AM
Jan 2019
Strykeryno said:
Well if you like mind games and problem solving then why not. Just go in open minded dont expect something with Death Notes qualities. Because there are some rly silly moments.

Sorry for late reply, thanks for the response! I don't know what happened but your reply doesn't show up in mail.

My favorite mind game and problem solving anime is probably Yakusoku no Neverland, after watching Munou Na Nana, should i give Death Note a try too in 2020? I never watched Death Note so...
Nov 22, 2020 11:27 AM
Nov 2020
Sure, DN is a classic that never gets old.
Nov 22, 2020 12:00 PM

May 2012
It is extremely underrated. I say it is one of the best anime airing this season
Nov 22, 2020 12:47 PM
May 2016
Yes, would highly recommend. It keeps months edge of my seat week after week
Nov 22, 2020 12:50 PM

Mar 2020
Yes it's really good so far
check out odd taxi
Nov 22, 2020 1:55 PM

Apr 2019
It's an okay anime, pretty much walmart death note

Nov 22, 2020 4:15 PM
Oct 2015
Among Us with superpowers thrown in is meh overall. Those that look harder at the fine details will probably have a hard time enjoying the show, but if you can just accept it for what it is and enjoy thriller, then the show might be for you.

Personally, I can't really recommend it. It is certainly one of the better shows from this season, but that doesn't say much from my opinion. After all, I don't have a single show from this season above a 6/10 (with Munou na Nana at a 5/10 currently).

If you have the free time to spare and interest in the premise, then don't let anyone stop you. With this anime, you'll know whether you like it or not in the first 2 eps. If you lose interest by then, I'd say to drop it, because it's all just more of the same.
Nov 22, 2020 5:46 PM

May 2014
Unoriginality said:
The Manga rating looks kinda messed up (6,99) but the Anime Adaptation kinda boosted it to 7,30. Is it worth watching and should i give it a try? I've seem some top review and most of them are positive one.
Relying on MAL ratings for anything is a fool's errand in almost any situation.

People have mentioned mind games, which are decent, I guess. But there are also other points such as unusual moral alignments, a lot of dark comedy, some use of irony, and general misdirection. The dialogue is also pretty decent overall.

Andrewapps said:
Among Us with superpowers thrown in is meh overall.
If Among Us had actual dialogue, it would also become something completely different.

Andrewapps said:
Those that look harder at the fine details will probably have a hard time enjoying the show, but if you can just accept it for what it is and enjoy thriller, then the show might be for you.

Personally, I can't really recommend it. It is certainly one of the better shows from this season, but that doesn't say much from my opinion. After all, I don't have a single show from this season above a 6/10 (with Munou na Nana at a 5/10 currently).
Hey, if you think this show doesn't make sense, how did you arrive at both seasons of Code Geass being 9/10? Those are full of nonsensical tactics, impossible predictions, and deus ex machina. That's even worse than the Death Note apologism.

Andrewapps said:
With this anime, you'll know whether you like it or not in the first 2 eps. If you lose interest by then, I'd say to drop it, because it's all just more of the same.
The first 2 eps barely tell anything, even based on where the anime is now. With my knowledge of the manga, that is even more blatantly false.
Nov 22, 2020 6:24 PM
Oct 2015
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Unoriginality said:

Not gonna lie, I have no experience in MAL's quoting system, so I have no idea how to do it properly in segments like you have. Hopefully that bit is sufficient in tagging you, however if this is to continue I'd recommend a PM so as to avoid spamming this thread. Also, possible SPOILERS in the form of a short summary, so OP avoid the last two paragraphs. Nothing serious, but still... it'd prevent you from going in "completely" blind.

>If Among Us had actual dialogue, it would also become something completely different.

I mean, Among Us has actual dialogue? Though you should be able to realize that comparing Among Us to Munou na Nana will obviously allow for people to point out disparities. My notion of using Among Us was simply to say: Hey, if you're about the Among Us craze, then this will probably be up your alley. Similar idea, different execution.

>Hey, if you think this show doesn't make sense...

I mean, to be fair, I watched Code Geass... I don't even know how many years ago. I also very much loved Mirai Nikki, which even at the time I could tell was a mess of a show narratively. I didn't state that Munou Na Nana had lots of issues to say it is inherently bad... just that some people wouldn't like it. Same with those that disliked Code Geass, Mirai Nikki, and of course, Death Note, for the same reason. Which by the way, not the biggest fan of Death Note. Liked the first 37 or so eps, but once the new characters got introduced (you get what I'm saying?) it went downhill for me. Overrated by far, but a good show overall.

But anyway, honestly if I watched Code Geass again, I'm certain the score I gave it would drop, for although the ending to season 2 is dear to me, even I can admit that I have nostalgia glasses on, and that younger me was blind to the glaring flaws of the show, especially in season 2. Don't look to my past and use that to criticize my ability to form an opinion. Anyone can go onto someone's page and find something to nitpick at, and if you can't, then I feel that speaks to how much the person relies on the consensus to base their opinion on.

As for the grading, I've stated even in my profile that personal enjoyment greatly affects my ratings. Even if something has flaws, if I enjoyed it it'll receive a higher score than a show that did everything right but simply couldn't hold my attention. Sue me lol.

>The first 2 eps barely tell anything...

The first two eps tell you more than enough about what kind of show Munou Na Nana is? A murder-based thriller between a non-Talented and a school full of Talented, with one such Talented suspecting her. That is literally what the show has been for the last 8 eps. Perhaps in the manga, the plot derails from the formulaic nature of 'introduce character from class, Nana kills them, and Kyouya gathers evidence to corner Nana', and maybe the anime will do the same with the last 5 eps, but that remains to be seen.

With OP asking whether they should watch this show, based on the knowledge that I have from 8 eps, 2 eps is more than enough to understand where the show is going and whether they will like it or not. Is that not fair? I haven't read the manga, nor do I even know if this adaptation will follow said-manga, so... that information is beyond me personally. I can only give an opinion based on what I have. Though may I say that I very much hope that the anime does deviate from the current pattern? I wish my statement to be false, very much so.
AndrewappsNov 22, 2020 6:28 PM
Nov 22, 2020 8:09 PM

May 2014
Andrewapps said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Not gonna lie, I have no experience in MAL's quoting system, so I have no idea how to do it properly in segments like you have.
Copy and paste the tags and place them in the correct locations.

Andrewapps said:
>If Among Us had actual dialogue, it would also become something completely different.

I mean, Among Us has actual dialogue? Though you should be able to realize that comparing Among Us to Munou na Nana will obviously allow for people to point out disparities. My notion of using Among Us was simply to say: Hey, if you're about the Among Us craze, then this will probably be up your alley. Similar idea, different execution.
The comparison would be better if Among Us was an actual RPG with a fixed dialogue and a fixed narrative. Even if you record people's games in Among Us, you end up with entirely different narratives.

Andrewapps said:
>Hey, if you think this show doesn't make sense...

I mean, to be fair, I watched Code Geass... I don't even know how many years ago. I also very much loved Mirai Nikki, which even at the time I could tell was a mess of a show narratively. I didn't state that Munou Na Nana had lots of issues to say it is inherently bad... just that some people wouldn't like it. Same with those that disliked Code Geass, Mirai Nikki, and of course, Death Note, for the same reason. Which by the way, not the biggest fan of Death Note. Liked the first 37 or so eps, but once the new characters got introduced (you get what I'm saying?) it went downhill for me. Overrated by far, but a good show overall.

But anyway, honestly if I watched Code Geass again, I'm certain the score I gave it would drop, for although the ending to season 2 is dear to me, even I can admit that I have nostalgia glasses on, and that younger me was blind to the glaring flaws of the show, especially in season 2. Don't look to my past and use that to criticize my ability to form an opinion. Anyone can go onto someone's page and find something to nitpick at, and if you can't, then I feel that speaks to how much the person relies on the consensus to base their opinion on.

As for the grading, I've stated even in my profile that personal enjoyment greatly affects my ratings. Even if something has flaws, if I enjoyed it it'll receive a higher score than a show that did everything right but simply couldn't hold my attention. Sue me lol.
But if nostalgia has such a big influence, it means that your ratings for current seasonals are not comparable to older ones. 5/10 for this is also less informative then. Who knows what you actually like more?

Rating based on personal enjoyment makes perfect sense. The question is what affects your personal enjoyment. If this show's enjoyment is lowered by "looking harder at fine details," Code Geass would be a prime candidate for a similar drop in enjoyment.

Andrewapps said:
>The first 2 eps barely tell anything...

The first two eps tell you more than enough about what kind of show Munou Na Nana is? A murder-based thriller between a non-Talented and a school full of Talented, with one such Talented suspecting her. That is literally what the show has been for the last 8 eps. Perhaps in the manga, the plot derails from the formulaic nature of 'introduce character from class, Nana kills them, and Kyouya gathers evidence to corner Nana', and maybe the anime will do the same with the last 5 eps, but that remains to be seen.

With OP asking whether they should watch this show, based on the knowledge that I have from 8 eps, 2 eps is more than enough to understand where the show is going and whether they will like it or not. Is that not fair? I haven't read the manga, nor do I even know if this adaptation will follow said-manga, so... that information is beyond me personally. I can only give an opinion based on what I have. Though may I say that I very much hope that the anime does deviate from the current pattern? I wish my statement to be false, very much so.
But that is a very bare-bones description of a formula. That is like saying it is okay to only watch 2 episodes of Code Geass before deciding because it will be about mecha fights and magical powers anyway. You would barely get any idea.

It is not as though Munou na Nana is episodic; past events clearly matter and there have already been subtle signs of character development. Most obviously of all, Kyoya barely does anything within two episodes and most of Nana's best moments (even so far) are also beyond them. And there is a lot of variety in dialogue; at least I want to witness all the dark comedy and morally sketchy statements going on. If anything is formulaic, it is the standard shonen approach of avoiding any substantial moral conflict.

And yes, the plot will deviate more.
TheDeedsOfMenNov 22, 2020 9:58 PM
Nov 22, 2020 8:36 PM

Oct 2020
It's definitely worth watching I don't think the story is anything perfect but its very engaging just to see how things play out. It's one of the better releases for this season in my opinion.
Nov 23, 2020 7:51 AM
Oct 2015
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Copy and paste the tags and place them in the correct locations.

Here goes...

TheDeedsOfMen said:

The comparison would be better if Among Us was an actual RPG with a fixed dialogue and a fixed narrative. Even if you record people's games in Among Us, you end up with entirely different narratives.

Yeah... if you do anything slightly different... the outcome will likely be different. Glad we sorted that out. Anyway, fixed dialogue and narrative means nothing when the viewer doesn't know what is going to happen. Like a Telltale game, until you've played through it once, you cannot understand the limitations of its "branching" story. Anyway, this isn't like playing a match of Among Us, but watching a recorded session. The dialogue, and the narrative of the session, is the same every single time you watch it. Don't see how the comparison doesn't work, even if it is a bit of a stretch.

TheDeedsOfMen said:

But if nostalgia has such a big influence, it means that your ratings for current seasonals are not comparable to older ones. 5/10 for this is also less informative then. Who knows what you actually like more?

Rating based on personal enjoyment makes perfect sense. The question is what affects your personal enjoyment. If this show's enjoyment is lowered by "looking harder at fine details," Code Geass would be a prime candidate for a similar drop in enjoyment.

I can't tell if you're a troll at this point, honestly. Nostalgia is of course a factor, but I can tell you this much: Back in the day, I really enjoyed Code Geass for reasons that would take paragraphs to explain. Even looking back on it, the fondness is still there. If you're thinking that by watching Code Geass again, I'd somehow come to the conclusion that I like Munou Na Nana more? You're mistaken.

It means that I'm a fallible human being, that is fickle, hard to please, and whose taste is changing/evolving/devolving by the day. Sure, an 8/10 from me 4 years ago is certainly different from an 8/10 from me today. My average scoring reflects that, since I've gone from approximately 7 something to 5.99. That's just how a subjective rating system is going to work, unfortunately.

I'll admit that flaw, and gladly, but an 8/10 then will still surpass a 5/10 from here and now. I remember parts of Code Geass even now, while Munou Na Nana will likely be little more than a hazy memory several seasons down the line. Heck, I recently watched the continuation of Code Geass and enjoyed it more than Munou Na Nana (which got a 7/10, btw, if that proves anything).

As for personal enjoyment, MNN is enjoyable but I've found it to be too safe, too predictable, and too tame despite being a murder-based thriller with supposedly high-stakes. It also has been too focused on the island of Talenteds, and has yet to show us much of anything of the outside world.

The show also has very few likeable characters IMO, with Kyouya and Youhei being the only two Talenteds that I care(d) about whatsoever. Doesn't help that a character doesn't get sufficient (and that's being generous) screen time or development until the death flag has been readied.

Again, maybe my issues with this anime will be somewhat rectified in the last 5 eps, but I doubt it. If they are, I'll likely enjoy it more and my scoring will inevitably change to reflect that.

TheDeedsOfMen said:

But that is a very bare-bones description of a formula. That is like saying it is okay to only watch 2 episodes of Code Geass before deciding because it will be about mecha fights and magical powers anyway. You would barely get any idea.

It is not as though Munou na Nana is episodic; past events clearly matter and there have already been subtle signs of character development. Most obviously of all, Kyoya barely does anything within two episodes and most of Nana's best moments (even so far) are also beyond them. And there is a lot of variety in dialogue; at least I want to witness all the dark comedy and morally sketchy statements going on. If anything is formulaic, it is the standard shonen approach of avoiding any substantial moral conflict.

Bare-bones? I'd say it is quite accurate of a description, if slightly unfair towards the means to which the end is reached. There are some genuinely cool moments, with one of them being in the latest episode (ep 8), for example. However, it has yet to break that formula, so if that is what someone was looking for, they would be disappointed. That's all I was pointing out lol.

As for Code Geass, which for some reason you are so hung up on, when the show was first coming out one could argue that if someone watched the first 2-3 eps and didn't like it, they should just drop it. People couldn't have known what was to come, but that isn't what mattered. The question from OP was, based on each person's experience, should they watch this show? I gave my answer based on the info that I have without spoiler'ing myself with the manga or another source material. If they start Munou Na Nana and don't like it practically from the start, their verdict from episode 2 to episode 8 is highly unlikely to change, do you not agree? Whether there is some twist from ep 9 to ep 13 that would change said-verdict? That is an answer I cannot give until I see it for myself.

Can I also say that, instead of trying to nitpick with me over my tastes or opinions, which you seem to wish to do, you could instead be recommending this anime to OP directly? That's what this thread is about, mate.

Side-note: Did you just give Rainbow a 10/10, and then completely delete it from your list? Weird.
Nov 23, 2020 7:55 AM

Feb 2016
Avoid this like Corona, is the most stupid anime 2020 has ever released.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 23, 2020 9:38 AM

May 2014
Andrewapps said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Yeah... if you do anything slightly different... the outcome will likely be different. Glad we sorted that out. Anyway, fixed dialogue and narrative means nothing when the viewer doesn't know what is going to happen. Like a Telltale game, until you've played through it once, you cannot understand the limitations of its "branching" story. Anyway, this isn't like playing a match of Among Us, but watching a recorded session. The dialogue, and the narrative of the session, is the same every single time you watch it. Don't see how the comparison doesn't work, even if it is a bit of a stretch.
The point is that there are almost endless possibilities what you could "write" in an Among Us narrative, aside from the core mechanics of the game, so calling it Among Us doesn't really tell much. You could fill the dialogue with philosophy or random memes for all I know. Even I have done a few Among Us memes about this show, but not seriously.

Andrewapps said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

I can't tell if you're a troll at this point, honestly. Nostalgia is of course a factor, but I can tell you this much: Back in the day, I really enjoyed Code Geass for reasons that would take paragraphs to explain. Even looking back on it, the fondness is still there. If you're thinking that by watching Code Geass again, I'd somehow come to the conclusion that I like Munou Na Nana more? You're mistaken.

It means that I'm a fallible human being, that is fickle, hard to please, and whose taste is changing/evolving/devolving by the day. Sure, an 8/10 from me 4 years ago is certainly different from an 8/10 from me today. My average scoring reflects that, since I've gone from approximately 7 something to 5.99. That's just how a subjective rating system is going to work, unfortunately.

I'll admit that flaw, and gladly, but an 8/10 then will still surpass a 5/10 from here and now. I remember parts of Code Geass even now, while Munou Na Nana will likely be little more than a hazy memory several seasons down the line. Heck, I recently watched the continuation of Code Geass and enjoyed it more than Munou Na Nana (which got a 7/10, btw, if that proves anything).

As for personal enjoyment, MNN is enjoyable but I've found it to be too safe, too predictable, and too tame despite being a murder-based thriller with supposedly high-stakes. It also has been too focused on the island of Talenteds, and has yet to show us much of anything of the outside world.

The show also has very few likeable characters IMO, with Kyouya and Youhei being the only two Talenteds that I care(d) about whatsoever. Doesn't help that a character doesn't get sufficient (and that's being generous) screen time or development until the death flag has been readied.

Again, maybe my issues with this anime will be somewhat rectified in the last 5 eps, but I doubt it. If they are, I'll likely enjoy it more and my scoring will inevitably change to reflect that.
I guess I have changed my ratings more than you have. I can't perfectly counter nostalgia, but I try.

Andrewapps said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Bare-bones? I'd say it is quite accurate of a description, if slightly unfair towards the means to which the end is reached. There are some genuinely cool moments, with one of them being in the latest episode (ep 8), for example. However, it has yet to break that formula, so if that is what someone was looking for, they would be disappointed. That's all I was pointing out lol.

As for Code Geass, which for some reason you are so hung up on, when the show was first coming out one could argue that if someone watched the first 2-3 eps and didn't like it, they should just drop it. People couldn't have known what was to come, but that isn't what mattered.
The plot of Code Geass gets pretty much nowhere in 2 or 3 eps, and they don't showcase many of the character interactions (often a genuine strength of Code Geass). It would give a superficial impression to decide so quickly.

The reason why I pointed out Code Geass is that it was an obvious counterargument. After all, the poor decisions of the characters and sheer coincidences become clear with scrutiny.

I could also point out battle shonen shows for a slightly different thing: namely being formulaic. Unfortunately, I haven't watched that many of them. There is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but maybe I won't go deeper into it for now.

TheDeedsOfMen said:
Side-note: Did you just give Rainbow a 10/10, and then completely delete it from your list? Weird.
...What? And what even is Rainbow? Are you sure you had the right list?
Nov 23, 2020 5:58 PM
Oct 2015
TheDeedsOfMen said:

The point is that there are almost endless possibilities what you could "write" in an Among Us narrative, aside from the core mechanics of the game, so calling it Among Us doesn't really tell much. You could fill the dialogue with philosophy or random memes for all I know. Even I have done a few Among Us memes about this show, but not seriously.

Does it not say enough? lol If you like watching one person trying to figure out ways of killing others without getting caught in a limited space with limited time and having your targets being suspicious of a 'traitor' from the get-go, you'd likely appreciate Munou Na Nana. Think this is a fair comparison XD.

TheDeedsOfMen said:

I guess I have changed my ratings more than you have. I can't perfectly counter nostalgia, but I try.

Every now and then, I will go back and edit certain scorings, generally after having discussions/debates with other people and reflecting on their stance. To do that with every anime, though? When I find time, I'll probably take another look at Code Geass. Wish me luck on that; I'm always working or watching/playing/reading something new. My list is for my reference anyway, so it isn't much of a priority.

TheDeedsOfMen said:

The plot of Code Geass gets pretty much nowhere in 2 or 3 eps, and they don't showcase many of the character interactions (often a genuine strength of Code Geass). It would give a superficial impression to decide so quickly.

The reason why I pointed out Code Geass is that it was an obvious counterargument. After all, the poor decisions of the characters and sheer coincidences become clear with scrutiny.

I could also point out battle shonen shows for a slightly different thing: namely being formulaic. Unfortunately, I haven't watched that many of them. There is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, but maybe I won't go deeper into it for now.

I agree, but people were still doing it. With Munou Na Nana not even being finished airing yet, to give a recommendation, to me, is unfair, but OP asked, and so I answered. That's my point.

Hmm, I mean it isn't really a counterargument. Most anime can be picked apart for all of the inconsistencies, plot holes, pacing issues, etc. that they contain. Very few, if any, anime are flawless. Code Geass CERTAINLY isn't. However, I enjoyed it. I don't particularly care about flaws if I can enjoy the show anyway. I only pointed out that Munou Na Nana's issues are (mostly) horribly apparent, and that some people would probably get turned off by them.

You're better off not watching them, so I don't blame you. Battle shounen is a genre that is best watched sparingly, lest ye tire out thine soul.

TheDeedsOfMen said:
... What? And what even is Rainbow? Are you sure you had the right list?

Eh, honest mistake. Clicked onceexisted's profile at one point and confused their list with yours. As for not knowing what that is... good for you. I forced myself through that one, and man was it painful.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6114/Rainbow__Nisha_Rokubou_no_Shichinin

^That's Rainbow.
Nov 23, 2020 7:11 PM
Jan 2019
"Relying on MAL ratings for anything is a fool's errand in almost any situation."
I'm not that good at Qouting, decided to copy your messages instead.

Aight, gotcha. Might give it a try, there seems to be a WW3 up there, but ok.

Due to my experience, watching rated 5 anime is when your running out of anime/you have some spare time for shit. (Give it a try)
Watching 6 rated anime for me is "Still worth watching"
Watching 7 rated anime is "Go for it"

The lowest limitation of anime i should watch is 6,5. Anything under that score is considered a "no", why would i spend my time watching shit anime, right? Ofc, that's my type.

UnoriginalityNov 23, 2020 7:15 PM
Nov 23, 2020 10:26 PM

May 2014
Andrewapps said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Does it not say enough? lol If you like watching one person trying to figure out ways of killing others without getting caught in a limited space with limited time and having your targets being suspicious of a 'traitor' from the get-go, you'd likely appreciate Munou Na Nana. Think this is a fair comparison XD.
Sure, if you don't care about most of the actual content. You are making it sound like you can write in whatever random dialogue without it making much difference.

Andrewapps said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

I agree, but people were still doing it. With Munou Na Nana not even being finished airing yet, to give a recommendation, to me, is unfair, but OP asked, and so I answered. That's my point.

Hmm, I mean it isn't really a counterargument. Most anime can be picked apart for all of the inconsistencies, plot holes, pacing issues, etc. that they contain. Very few, if any, anime are flawless. Code Geass CERTAINLY isn't. However, I enjoyed it. I don't particularly care about flaws if I can enjoy the show anyway. I only pointed out that Munou Na Nana's issues are (mostly) horribly apparent, and that some people would probably get turned off by them.
Look, the point is this: You are still being vague about why you can't ignore particular flaws in Munou na Nana while being perfectly able to ignore similar, more pronounced flaws in Code Geass. The tactics in Code Geass do not even remotely work, and the amount of luck needed for the plot to function is outrageous. That is why it is an effective counterargument.

Andrewapps said:
You're better off not watching them, so I don't blame you. Battle shounen is a genre that is best watched sparingly, lest ye tire out thine soul.
Sorry, but that is inconsistent with the fact that you have still rated some battle shonen highly. Why is being formulaic not a problem for those?

This applies to the two paragraphs above:
If you don't know the particulars of why you like some shows but not others, then that's fine. We can end this discussion here. No offence intended; I just don't want to keep going in circles.
Nov 24, 2020 5:23 AM
Oct 2015
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Sure, if you don't care about most of the actual content. You are making it sound like you can write in whatever random dialogue without it making much difference.

We can end this discussion here. No offence intended; I just don't want to keep going in circles.

Mate... the actual content is what you try watching it for. If I have to sell the anime by giving the actual meat, the substance, the finer details, then what in Sam's Hell is the point of OP even watching it? Just give them a summary at that point and let them move on with their life lol.

Note: Please don't give me the argument that "The point is that experiencing and hearing about it through a third-party are not the same", or anything along those lines. I already know.

Yeah, I'm done. I'm not wasting hours of my life just to give you answers that satisfy your curiosities when the answers should already be apparent without giving a life story, no offense right back at you. I know the particulars as to why, but I'm already tired of writing paragraphs, and at the end of the day, it just isn't worth it. So I'll concede. Have a nice day, my dude.
Nov 24, 2020 6:52 AM
Jan 2020
Geel said:
I think it's trash.

Nana is unlikable and her motive is stupid, not only that but she has plot armour, either that or the other characters are stupid af, I don't know which is worse.

It's basically Death Note, but a really dumbed down version of it.

That's cute, so what is her motive? Those characters probably an immature talented person who overconfident with their abilities but not honing the way they think. But Kyoya and probably more of the students are an exception. That's why I still has hope to this anime and yeah, it's still worth of watching.
Nov 24, 2020 11:25 AM
Nov 2020
Geel said:
Kur4y4m1 said:

That's cute, so what is her motive? Those characters probably an immature talented person who overconfident with their abilities but not honing the way they think. But Kyoya and probably more of the students are an exception. That's why I still has hope to this anime and yeah, it's still worth of watching.

She was told to do what she's doing by that organisation, she is a kid herself so fair enough but the fact that she actually believes those other kids need to die just for being born with abilities is fucking stupid, and she actually thinks they're the evil ones or "enemies of humanity" when in reality it's her.

I cannot support or even try to understand a MC like that. I can't take it seriously at all.

LMAO in manga. Imagine not having MCs backstory and motivation fully explored within 1st Ep. Shit isnt even finished and youre making THESE conclusions?

Nana murders innocent kids, so ofc a lot of people will find her unlikable and frustrating every time she wins, but that changes when you see her backstory and development afterwards.

About the other characters being dumb I would say both, Yes and No. These kids grew up under a propaganda, that kept telling them how special and important they are and one day they will be fighting for survival of the humanity. So yea, its understandable when i say that some of them are just cocky and ignorant because their power is strong, or some on the other hand have weak mindset and are naive, because their power is weak. Some of them may have some secrets which they dont want to be revealed so they rather keep minding their own business.
Among them is Nana. Cheerful and nice girl who gets along with everyone, and after that fake attack on Michiru everyone (exept Kyouya) will start to believe her. Not necessarily because they are dumb, but because that story makes sense to them.
They will more likely believe, that there is some sort of invisible space alien with mind manipulation abilities rather then killer being actualy one of them.

But otherwise yea i do agree that side CHs writting suck, just for me for a different reasons then side CHs being simply dumb. Afterall this is silly show, but with smart moments, good plot twists and turns, and solid MCs development (in later parts of the story) which kept me interested in this.

Hope I clarified some stuff.

StrykerynoNov 24, 2020 11:47 AM
Nov 24, 2020 12:21 PM
May 2016
Don’t watch it honestly if you are not stupid you will regret this beacause you need to be super stupid to enjoy this anime :Dd our killer is every god damn time somehow involved with the people who she kills them later, the killer cries a bit, everyone believes her, none cares, it’s honestly a sick joke to put “psychological” tag, probably they putted “psychological” tag to this anime beacause it’s psychologically making you ill, beacause every character in there is dumb as bricks and you will honestly have a hard time trying not to shoot yourself while watching this anime, if someone would be smart enough in that anime, whole shit would have ended in episode 2, it’s absurd how some people calls this anime “hidden gem”, honestly I would rather watch hentai 100 times rather than watch this anime :D.
Nov 24, 2020 6:40 PM

Jan 2020
I think this anime is overrated. I watched it in the beginning but I just found it so boring. Maybe your taste is different.

Oh yea, and I don’t like the protagonist much.

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sku_te »»
Oct 18, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

267 by Sku_te »»
Oct 11, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.