Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 29, 2020 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Raw is up on Amazon Prime JP.

We got a sweet episode with Riri and her birthday. Nice. This episode stood out as a chance for Yuyu to grow closer to her and Riri to celebrate the special occasion.

I just love how this anime is managing to connect the characters together through these meaningful relationships so far in the show.
Oct 29, 2020 9:57 AM

Mar 2019
My good friend Shinichi helped for the backgrounds in this episode, I recognized his style

Von Guropius is one of my fav girls!
Operation: make a good birthday party for Riri, she deserves it
I like ramune too, its a good gift imo. Im glad Yuyu likes it too, but sharing ramune with Riri is even better!
Seeing her happy face was priceless

New ED
Oct 29, 2020 10:47 AM

Apr 2010
So it was mostly about getting Lamune which was hard to find it seems.

A focus on Yuyu was nice but she didn't know about a machine nearby was funny.
The other girls chasing cats was funny as well.
Oct 29, 2020 3:41 PM

Apr 2008
Some of the way the camera cuts to another scenes in this episode does feel like Shaft isn't it.

And Mai's head scenes

Head tilt

At the end of the episode, Matsuri (Yuyu's roommate, and one of the three student council presidents, told her about Riri's rare skill, Charisma.
According to description from lore articles, it's a rare skill to control Magi energy. It can purify evil Magi energy (from Huge) in its range, and absorb it. Excess energy it can't take will be spread to the area around the user, which in effect, increase the spirit of the user's allies.
The problem Yuyu thought is probably, Charisma skill has a control ability, so it might be related to how everything seems to just go so smooth for Riri (even if she didn't realize it).
nseikaOct 30, 2020 5:42 AM
Oct 29, 2020 4:08 PM

Jul 2017
WELL, is this a way of showing affection to your fellow Schlid, and that's what Yuyu did to Riri for her birthday through an anamorphic infomercial iPad LOLS that's clickbait Yuri character infodump in a sense. Riri's legion isn't quite complete yet...

I'd swear that the partners together are Schutzengel or roommates (in the case of Yujia and Shenlin), and seeing more of it a.k.a Yoshimura Thi Mai and cat-loving Tazusa.

Yuyu's expedition of finding Lamune for Riri for her birthday, I'd thought that's a nice touch. But a big WELP for trying to stay low-key, and encountering that Lamune vending machine...that's funny of going WAY TOO FAR just to get a bottle.

The Yuri hugging scene, that's so Yuri affectionate! Kaede getting VERY jealous in the background HEH xD

Happy birthday Riri! Special episodic ED.
Oct 30, 2020 2:49 AM

Oct 2007
start of episode is neko sleeping on Yoshimura

Hidden vending machine found.

Kaede is so jealous of the Yuyu x Riri hug.

And that's a really strong hug..
Oct 30, 2020 7:01 AM

Feb 2019
Really cute and sweet episode. Yuyu is such a softie under her tough facade. She really cares for Riri and seeing her go to such lengths to find a present was adorable.

What I wanna know is who refills the hidden vending machine tho?

Next episode looks like we’ll have some action judging by the post credits scene. Nice special ED as well. Wish this show wasn’t so slept on.
Oct 30, 2020 7:19 AM

Apr 2019
Riri's bday today, this episode really showed how much Yuyu cares about her. Was fun watching her little journey. Their legion is also full now so let's see what happens with that.

Oct 30, 2020 7:25 AM

Aug 2013
Tazusa got rejected by a cat at the beginning. XD

Riri's legion is now complete and it was on her birthday. Nice.

Yuyu going on a journey to buy Riri her favourite soft drink.

Oct 30, 2020 7:29 AM

Nov 2015
I guess I want Ramune now? Otherwise this was about as low stakes as anything could be...this is probably my least favorite of the shows I'm watching. I'd like some escalation soon.
Oct 30, 2020 7:36 AM

Mar 2007
nseika said:
Some of the way the camera cuts to another scenes in this episode does feel like Shaft isn't it.

And Mai's head scenes

Head tilt

At the end of the episode, Matsuri (Yuyu's roommate, and one of the three student council presidents, told her about Riri's rare skill, Charisma.
According to description from lore articles, it's a rare skill to control Magi energy. It can purify evil Magi energy (from Huge) in its range, and absorb it. Excess energy it can't take will be spread to the area around the user, which in effect, increase the spirit of the user's allies.
The problem Yuyu thought is probably, Charisma skill has a control ability, so it might be related to how everything seems to just go so smooth for Riri (even if she didn't realize it).

This is from Shaft. Not only the head tilts but there are cut aways to the girls hair moving that's also the Shaft style.
Oct 30, 2020 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far. It's interesting how this one had the biggest amount of Shaft quirks but was storyboarded and directed by ex-Kyoani Nagahara Keita. I love the atmosphere and I'm glad to see Yuyu's character develop, as well as Mai's and Tazusa's. While she hasn't opened up to Riri entirely yet, I think Yuyu still got a lot softer and closer with her. The focus on relationships is a very good choice. Next episode will feature some battle and also it feels like there is something brewing under the surface of the show. Either way, I'm satisfied and look forward to seeing more.
Oct 30, 2020 9:21 AM

Mar 2020
Yuyu went back to Riri's hometown to get ramune even though there was a machine close by. She got scammed lol but this just goes to show how much Yuyu cares about Riri.

Tazusa got rejected by a cat, feels bad.

The ramune was not the only present Riri got. Riri now has a complete legion as well as a passionate hug from Yuyu.

I wonder where this Charisma skill will go.

Good episode :)
Oct 30, 2020 9:35 AM

Sep 2019
Yuyu went to Riri’s homeland to buy her a birthday present. She bought it but some Yuyu gave the present to kids. Luckily, there was a vending machine and Yuyu bought it from there.

That hug was really cute.
Oct 30, 2020 10:20 AM
Dec 2018
This show is really underrated. It sits at #4 on Anikore and it's not even in top 40 here on MAL. But this gives me some hope that we'll be seeing more seasons...
Oct 30, 2020 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
salarx said:
This show is really underrated. It sits at #4 on Anikore and it's not even in top 40 here on MAL. But this gives me some hope that we'll be seeing more seasons...

There are people on twitter who have already bought a lot of merch and Assault Lily's twitter account has a lot of followers, so with how popular and well-prepared this anime is all they have to do, I hope, is continue to deliver until the end of the season.
Oct 30, 2020 12:13 PM

Sep 2015
Happy to see this sweet episode focused on the characters instead of action. A nice breath of fresh air. I'm excited to see how the relationship between Yuyu and Riri continues to grow.
Oct 30, 2020 1:29 PM

Apr 2020
Yuyu was so cute about getting Riri a birthday present
Oct 30, 2020 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
so...what, getting people to open up to you and like you is a form of control and a Rare Skill now? That means the charismatic people you see in the real world are using magic and controlling people? Scary.
Oct 30, 2020 3:53 PM

Apr 2008
They threw that fake lead in earlier episode as if Riri's skill is instant move like Mai.

Well, they don't understand it well yet. It could just be like commander skill in tactical game to create area of effect where allies are buffed.
Soraha (the short haired blonde girl with silver haired sister) has Heliosphere, which can also convert magi energy, although it's better known for it's function to generate defensive barrier.
There are people on twitter who have already bought a lot of merch and Assault Lily's twitter account has a lot of followers, so with how popular and well-prepared this anime is all they have to do, I hope, is continue to deliver until the end of the season.
It starts as an action figure line, and Azone already has a big following in fashion doll world (although not as big as Volks).
Assault Lily, with the Frame Arms Girls and the late Busou Shinki are popular among 1/12 fashion doll lovers. Actually with that in mind, it's a shame they don't show more casual clothes outside their school uniform.
nseikaOct 30, 2020 4:00 PM
Oct 30, 2020 4:38 PM

Apr 2009
Riri is out to dominate the world by uniting all yuri under her banner with her overwhelming Charisma, someone needs to stop her.
Oct 30, 2020 4:41 PM

May 2018
Yuyu acting like a complete dork looking for Ramune is just precious, I love it
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 30, 2020 5:25 PM

Jun 2017
Poor Yuyu got bamboozled but not all was lost in the end. The legion harem is also complete now. We should be getting some action next week.
Oct 30, 2020 6:55 PM

Jun 2020
Oo I kind of want ramune now

Also have never tried ramune candy before. I wonder if that tastes good.
Oct 30, 2020 7:27 PM

Jan 2011
i swear this show is super under watched around here and some other parts , it's actually pretty enjoyable

to think i had such a good time about a episode mainly focusing on getting some ramune strange Yuyu doesn't know about it.

very cute in the end she just needed to hug Riri though it was so shameless doing it in front of everyone

but you telling me Riri maxed out the Charisma stat and she doesn't just have natural harem powers gotta be more to her if everyone was surprised by her speed
Oct 30, 2020 7:55 PM

Apr 2008
Hugs Riri, and activate Lunatic Trancer skill.

Here's some official articles about the rare skills description :Part 1 & Part 2 (JP)
Seeing Shenlin's performance last episode, would have thought she got Order of This World skill.

i swear this show is super under watched around here and some other parts , it's actually pretty enjoyable
Would have thought just Shaft's name would have brought it more attention.
Well, maybe the interest just cools down because they don't see Shinbo's name.

I like it though, because it doesn't overdo the visual (which often feels like it drowns the original work).
nseikaOct 30, 2020 8:05 PM
Oct 30, 2020 8:08 PM
Jan 2017
Assault Lily delivers yet another fine episode! Riri is about to celebrate her birthday and Yuyu tries to find a nice gift for her. This episode delivered some character development for Yuyu as she tries to open to Riri and become more honest about her feelings. I don't have any problem with the show moving away from the action because we have watched the characters develop and evolve in these past few episodes, but I'm really hoping for the show to kick into high gear soon. All in all, this was a good episode and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Oct 30, 2020 8:24 PM

Mar 2016
I’m surprised no one’s commenting about how boyish Tazusa sounds. I know it’s a female VA, but that voice type is typically reserved for young boys...or traps. O.O;
Oct 30, 2020 8:40 PM
Oct 2019
nseika said:
Would have thought just Shaft's name would have brought it more attention.

It did. With this premise and source no way show by less recognizable studio would get more than 30k members here. Especially in a heavy packed season like this. Right now new season of Strike witches has 11к. But it strikes back — many of this people dropped or underestimated show because you know — it's not madoka.
Oct 30, 2020 8:49 PM

Apr 2008
Judgment526 said:
I’m surprised no one’s commenting about how boyish Tazusa sounds. I know it’s a female VA, but that voice type is typically reserved for young boys...or traps. O.O;
Out of words, comparing with her VA in BanG Dream

Also her, yelling Minato Yukina!
^^;;;;
nseikaOct 30, 2020 8:54 PM
Oct 30, 2020 10:34 PM

Dec 2007
Ok, this episode got me howling at the ending part with the vending machine. For such a dull anime, this episode was prolly the best one so far.
Oct 31, 2020 12:34 AM

Oct 2007
a few more thoughts... enjoyed the various reactions when Yuyu and Riri hugged. Milliam has her hair heart shaped - looks like she enjoy the mood, Kaede is of course jealous, Fumi is shooting pictures for the newspaper, Kuo is similar to Milliam - smiling, Yujia cover her eyes, but later took a peek on what's happening. lol

Looks like the place where the school is located has cool weather.. I never saw anyone of them sweating or feeling hot. Yuyu was sweating right away when she went to another location.
Liddo-kunOct 31, 2020 12:37 AM
Oct 31, 2020 2:15 AM

Nov 2013
The episode wastes so much time on the hijinks between Yuyu and Ramune that by the time we get to something I have to wait another week to see what happens next, I mean it was okay SOL episode but this is just too slow.

salarx said:

Well. Top 40 is definitely too much to ask considering anime history doesn't began in 2020 and this anime is nothing sort of groundbreaking.

DannyTheDonkeyOct 31, 2020 2:26 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 31, 2020 2:43 AM

Apr 2008
Liddo-kun said:
Looks like the place where the school is located has cool weather.. I never saw anyone of them sweating or feeling hot. Yuyu was sweating right away when she went to another location.
Yurigaoka is in Kamakura, about an hour train southward from Tokyo.

Riri’s hometown is Koushuu in Yamanashi (thus the vineyard). Took almost 2 and a half hours by regular train from Kamakura (source: Hyperdia)
Oct 31, 2020 3:39 AM
Dec 2018
DannyTheDonkey said:
The episode wastes so much time on the hijinks between Yuyu and Ramune that by the time we get to something I have to wait another week to see what happens next, I mean it was okay SOL episode but this is just too slow.

salarx said:

Well. Top 40 is definitely too much to ask considering anime history doesn't began in 2020 and this anime is nothing sort of groundbreaking.

Top 40 for currently airing anime, not all time. We all know this show is miles away from being groundbreaking, but so are most of the shows in top 40 on MAL, with worse animation.
Oct 31, 2020 3:42 AM

Feb 2014
You know you've hit rock bottom in your life when a cat rejects your affection by smacking your hand away. Poor Tasuza. XD

All in all, this episode was really nice and sweet. Yuyu did go to great lengths just to get Riri a birthday present, although she didn't know there was a working vending machine sold the ramune close to the school, although underneath a huge bush.

Thankfully, her efforts paid off and Riri was really happy with her present. To make things even better, Tasuza and Mai (who finally did a Shaft head tilt earlier) joined up with Yuyu & Riri's Legion, bringing the total number to 9 members.

Hopefully they'll get off to a successful start as a team, as the next episode will most likely have the girls fight against the Huge once more. =)
Oct 31, 2020 5:03 AM

Oct 2016
Oh God, I loved this episode. It was 100% wholesome, except the last scene. Definitely not a pleasant thought but, I doubt Riri winning them over has anything to do with her rare skill. That was just genuinely Riri's pure charisma without the rare skill. I mean have you seen Riri, how can you not love that cinnamon roll.

With that Riri's legion is now complete. And Yujia and Shenlin has gotten a new pet name Ando lmao. Well, looks like we gonna get some fight next episode, judging by the preview its gonna be a strong HUGE. Let's go.

And I really liked the special ED.
Oct 31, 2020 7:49 AM

Jun 2016
seriously that blonde girl voices so weird !!!
didnt match with her character overall !
Oct 31, 2020 8:42 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay, these one had so much great moment for me.

Then, to close it, lets go to some little action for the Legion, right?

Okay, i think thats enough xD.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 31, 2020 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
Damn, there were a lot of adorable Yuyu moments this episode. She went so far out of her way to give some Ramune on Riri's birthday, to end up giving them away on her way back. In the end, there was a hidden fending machine all along near the school. Eventho she distances herself often, she's genuinely a good girl.

The blond girl, Tazusa, sounds like a reverse trap and it's so weird. Also love how she was acting like a cat towards Shenlin in the bath, that was hilarious.

That theory on Riri's rare skill being charisma is interesting, it would explain why Yuyu is getting attached quickly to Riri.
Oct 31, 2020 6:57 PM

Jul 2015
Absolutely loved this episode, Yuyu's kind derpiness was seen at max level and every second of it was so precious.
Oct 31, 2020 7:14 PM
Aug 2016
Does that mean that Riri is a shoujo ramune?
Oct 31, 2020 9:51 PM

Apr 2020
Yuyu is on the quest to find ramune bottles for Riri's birthday. She went all the way to her Schild's hometown and lent some bottles along the way to some thirsty children. Too bad there is a vending machine full of ramune in their vicinity, aww Yuyu is tired.

Too bad I don't drink softdrinks anymore but that ramune is appealing I gotta say. That moment where Riri says, "I want you" was so funny. And when Yuyu and Riri hugged, the reactions of all the girls is the most fun I've had. I guess Miriam and Fumi enjoy what they're seeing, Yujia is embarassed, while Kaede is obviously mad. That's a nice touch, Shaft.

Yep! This episode pretty much brought me back to like Assault Lily after a bad Ep.3 two weeks. Next week should be action-packed so hope they don't make the same mistake like in Ep.3.
Nov 5, 2020 4:18 AM

Oct 2017
Lots of fluff and gratz for getting the last two members. Thou damn if it's all due to Riri's rare skill then I'd be salty, I hope it's not cause of her skills and they genuinely all like her.
Nov 5, 2020 7:21 PM

Apr 2013
Andou is for domestication.
Nov 5, 2020 8:40 PM

Oct 2008
Andou, Tazusa's VA is Tsumugi Risa which is the same VA for CHUCHU-sama! but damn! that voice range was unexpected! CHUCHU-sama is very high pitched whereas Andou Tazusa voice is very low pitched...quite a contrast! but anywayz, Tsumugi Risa is one of my new fave VA's! since she's a core member of the band RAISE A SUILEN the one who performed the OP of this show!
4/5.

Nov 7, 2020 2:50 AM

Oct 2007
sKyBlazer08 said:
Definitely not a pleasant thought but, I doubt Riri winning them over has anything to do with her rare skill. That was just genuinely Riri's pure charisma without the rare skill. I mean have you seen Riri, how can you not love that cinnamon roll.

I believe the same thing. She won them over naturally. Not by some rare skill / power that causes people to be attracted.
Nov 20, 2020 9:03 AM

Jun 2019
Funny episode. Yuyu traveled all the way just to give Ramune away to little kids. Lol.
Nov 29, 2020 3:58 PM

Dec 2018
Yuyu wanted to find the perfect gift to her girlfriend .Awwww you are the cutest sweetheart ever

My little lesbian lovebirds was clinging on to each other and didn't wanna let go. And no boring action in this episode.I love it. Imo the only good kind of action is lesbian kissing action,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Feb 20, 2021 3:57 AM

Jul 2015
I bet this episode was sponsored by Ramune. Adorable to see Yuyu making an effort to get a gift for Riri. Even though I'm not into yuri, my heart skipped a beat when I saw Riri hug Yuyu there, nice job on the fanservice.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2020

92 by Kira9204 »»
Jun 2, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

73 by Nanashi »»
Feb 5, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

46 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 9, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

53 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 2, 2023 8:51 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2020

53 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.