Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 20, 2019 4:10 AM

Mar 2015
Glad they came out about their relationship!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 4, 2020 11:37 PM
Oct 2019
Man... I wanted to become famous. It's really good to become famous. But the unexpected consequences it brings up.... is beyond expectation. I just don't get the hell why normal people butt in others romance or relationship. Like I've come to become a famous mangaka then people will start asking what dress i wear, what underwear i wear, if i did a single mistake i will be trashed by rumors.. I just hate this thing. So, a normal advice from a normal boy

Don't interfere with other's dream, life and romance, no matter who they are.
Oct 7, 2020 7:35 AM

May 2018
Mashiro being based for once haha. Miho will get the heroine role I'm sure ;)
Dec 9, 2020 8:53 AM

Nov 2019
*applaud* well that was a touching episode

oh Azuki how i missed you, being a seiyuu really is tough.......

Mashiro and Azuki have a strong relationship
Jan 13, 2021 8:55 PM

Jul 2017
The 'fans' of idols and voice actresses really terrify me, in this show and in real life where they're THAT committed to them. Idol culture is a serious business in countries like Japan, South Korea, etc, and hearing about how fans are in general and how they react to women they fantasize and idolize be in relationships is fucked up, to put it simply.

But I have to really admire Miho Azuki in this situation, as she's not afraid to talk about her relationship with the person she's loved for approx 15 years by this point and dated for nearly 10 years without getting to meet too much and sacrificing a ton in the process, and it applies to Mashiro too. She's endured enough already so her character despite feeling scared, also is strong enough to withstand anything as she wants the world to know that she loves the mangaka Mashiro Moritaka, no matter what obstacles are in her way, even at the risk of losing a lot of her crazy fanbase and enduring negative insults and reception through that. The call with Mashiro at the end was great too, as he sent a simple message out to Azuki's fans and Japan essentially. That Miho Azuki's going to get the role of Naho through her acting ability alone, and she'll prove that with her head held high. Perfect response I'd say for a situation like this. They really are a great couple despite the cliche nature to it and the lack of real contact throughout the decade. This arc felt rushed compared to the manga where the manga had some really cool stuff in it that I wish was adapted here, but it's still fantastic nonetheless and doesn't affect the quality of it much in the anime.
Jan 24, 2021 11:17 PM

Jul 2020
All I’m hearing is anime this and anime that but these haters can’t do shit. I don’t want to believe these are the last few episodes :(
Apr 30, 2021 3:52 PM

Jan 2016
Wow I loved this episode, it was filled with emotion and show of love. Fans are crazy

Aug 5, 2021 3:20 AM

Jan 2020
First time seeing depressed Eiji even though for only a moment....
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 AM

Jan 2020
Seems like there still some boulder that they had to break before reaching their dream...
Oct 26, 2021 7:49 AM

Dec 2007
finally ashirogi got anime!
what and happy episode!!

not.

the whole miho thing got under control. funny how really little character managed to do so much she didn't even intended xDD
finally mashiro x miho doesn't feel cliche and stupid but mature and sweet.
Jul 17, 2022 8:22 AM

Nov 2018
Entertainers just can't enjoy their own lives it seems, it's always ungrateful ''fans'' treating them as a product they own, not real humans.
I hate everyone equally
Jul 17, 2022 8:24 AM

Nov 2018
Nobody cares if they are happy or healthy, people just need more entertainment. Morons need a reality check, not an injection of dopamine.
I hate everyone equally
Nov 11, 2022 8:10 PM

Jan 2020
Moritaka can finally lose his virginity. It's a Christmas miracle!

Another weird subplot with petty rumors about Azuki and Moritaka. I'm not really even sure why them dating is an isssue? I know Japan has a history of having Idols be accessibly single for the sake of drawing in more fans. But like, that already is hecka weird and gross. If you need to pretend to be dating someone to be a fan of theirs, then I think you have a serious problem -- Seek help.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 29, 2023 6:27 AM
Jan 2023
F you Kitami b**ch 
Jul 16, 4:54 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to Monad
rodac said:

Also it's nice to see someone standing up to some of the more pathological features of "idol culture" and speaking out for real relationships (as opposed to fantasies that only exist in certain otakus' minds). In light of some of what has been going on with AKB48, this is really refreshing.

Sorry but i fing your connection ridiculous. A voice actress is an important for the production of works like anime etc. It's a complete legitimate job and many aren't even cute or nice looking. Also many are marries etc. This girl seem to have attracted some creepy fans because she's young and cute but her profession isn't about them. Even with out fans a voice actress will still be needed to voice animated characters etc.
Her job isn't depended on their assistance.

On the other hand groups like AKB48 are created specifically to take advantage of the existence of such individuals. They are not singers that can sell music for the music alone to fans and sell cd. The music they do is just an excuse so they can have something to sell to the creepers and an excuse to hide behind. They specifically target creepers and basically sell them dreams through cute girls with creepy handshaking, dating events etc.
Those creepy fans are the reason their group was created in the first place.

So I think those two are massively different and they shouldn't be looked as favorably as someone in Miho's position is. Miho is doing a necessary job while they do nothing more than basically whoring themselves for easy success and money.

Hydnlife said:
Must hold back man tears. one thing ive never understand was is, why cant VA date? arent the just people like everyone else? let them be happy

They can. Many date and marry and such, is just that if she's young and cute she will also get creepy fans who start playing big role in the gossip about her. Also in this case is not just about dating but the matter of favoritism. It's natural for suspicion to be created that she may get roles in Ashirogi anime by being favored since she has a relationship with one of them. And lets be honest is kind of true since the author is pushing for her. Ashirogi simply lost their leverage because of the rumors or else she would have gotten the role easily because of their push.
We see it as fine because we see their love story but what if we where watching it from the eyes of a small seyou girl trying to make it and practicing hard for that role and going to the audition after working hard and pulling as good a performance as a more successful voice actress but ending-up losing to her because she was preferred by the author because she's his girl?
I can see why our protagonist don't feel they are doing anything wrong since they worked hard for their dreams but you should also be able to see how from the angle of another girl trying to get the role that could mean so much for her it seems unfair.
@Monad it applies to Azuki because her boss is trying to promote her like a perfect idol e.g telling her to deny the boyfriend rumors and such. Before calling people creeps maybe we should be looking at the systems and society that created that idol culture, the lonely desperate men in the first place before calling them creeps, that's so black and white.

Lastly I'll say it's unfair that these people get all the attention when they don't deserve it and treat ppl attracted to them like creep. I wish they could give it up to people who actually want and deserve that kind of attention from people. I bet those "fans" want that kind of attention hence why they act the way they do.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

322 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
May 6, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.