Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 26, 2020 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tbh, I like Kaburagi's risky tactics. To take down the Gadoll Factory is no easy task but he has the balls to undertake such a dangerous task.

This is a thrilling episode as anything could happen. By technical elements, there's still more of the technology advancements we see in this world, with the machines and UI interfaces. Seeing how much robots can behave like humans is fascinating.
Aug 26, 2020 8:08 AM
Oct 2016
Good setup episode after last time Kaburagi decided it's time to destroy the system. He's having to struggle with some big questions doing this. What would happen if he actually does destroy the system, would the order they've all known be gone forever, could they all actually live like that. Minato at the end brought up some good points about why the system is needed but I still side with Kaburagi about how the system is screwed. Its not right how the system treats them all even if it provides order whilst doing so. Gross reveal how the Gadoll shit is what's being repurposed into the oxyone they get shoved into them at the prison. That would piss me off too.

Loved the infiltration of the avatar storage area. Some really intense moments with them trying to catch Kaburagi avatar and avoid Hugin at the same time. This little crew they've got is nice with Kaburagi, Donatello, Jill, and Sark. But of course as soon as Hugin said he had a tip about them coming to the storage area I knew there was a snake among them. Which turned out to be Turkey, kinda obvious since he's been a slimeball since we meet him but still sucks they have a traitor there. Hope he doesn't crash their party once the factory destroying starts. Love how Kaburagi has recruited Natsume to go destroy the factory with him. Gonna be awesome to see our badass duo team up against the system!
Aug 26, 2020 8:23 AM

Jan 2014
What I really loved is that their avatars match who they are and their personality. A nice touch right there.
Aug 26, 2020 8:31 AM

Feb 2019
I hope we get a second season of this. I don’t really see anyway all the questions get answered without rushing this significantly. The world is very rich and a promising world, so I wouldn’t mind them taking their time over 24 eps.

As for this episode, glad natsume got to see Kabu again. Loved that Hugin isn’t a kink shamer either lol. Remains to be seen what sark is gonna do, but I got a bad feeling about this.

People need to stop sleeping on Deca-Dence.
Aug 26, 2020 9:18 AM
Mar 2020
Wow, this fanbase is indeed insignificant compared to Re Zero.
Aug 26, 2020 9:26 AM
Dec 2018
Yet again a totally different episode but great nonetheless. The case scene combined with the song they were using had me at the edge of my seat, and there was a great punchline at the end with the sex toy lmao(also, was the vomiting scene a Family Guy reference?). Also the discussion about the legitimacy of destroying the system was interesting, especially considering that this Earth was starved/polluted to death due to humans running wild.
Aug 26, 2020 10:21 AM
Apr 2018
Fuck capitalism!

Alright, the episode went so quick.
Aug 26, 2020 10:23 AM
Oct 2019
Deca-Dence is truly fantastic. So many people were quick to judge it without actually giving the show a chance and are missing out on an amazing anime series!

Wow! Kabu wants to destroy the system. Interesting! Personally I think just straight-up burning down the system never works it just lead to even more chaos, anarchy and unrest. HOWEVER, I do believe in reforming the system but I don't think that Solid Quick (the corporation running deca-dence) would be open to that. They just want to destroy all the bugs and return to "normal"

Interesting that Minato preserved Kaburagi's former avatar. He really does care for Kabuu so that the conversation they had at the end of the episode was really sad.
Jill is amazing and so smart the plan wouldn't have been able to work without her exceptionally with Sark and Turkey's antics

Also, I am pretty sure that is was Turkey that told Hugin about Minato's hidden avatar accounts. I don't trust him and it is very sad that his using Sark to further harm Kabu plan and get them scrapped.
Hugin seems scary and powerful they way he was just calmly and easily just flying around the avatar storage centre.

Replacing Kabu's avatar with a sex toy was a nice and funny touch glad too see that Hugin doesn't shame Minato.

The other defective bot finding out that they eating literally sh*t was so funny and it was pretty moving when they finally decided to stand up to the system.

Kabu is kind of jealous of the bugs (Natsume)- they get to decide their own path, get to make mistakes, get to think for themselves without the system influence in or deciding for them. KABU HAS FINALLY BECOME A FULL ON BUG.

I don't trust Turkey and i think he is going to jeopardise the plan and someone is going to sacrifice themselves. Can't wait for the next episode!

Aug 26, 2020 10:27 AM

Jul 2009
Milton_Merlo123 said:

Every fanbase is insignificant compared to isekai for normies and casuals.
Aug 26, 2020 10:39 AM

Jan 2018
Laugh out loud when they realize where the green poop is being used.
Aug 26, 2020 10:50 AM
Sep 2015
The most interesting thing is that unexpected situation like betrayal will contribute to the plan's success.
Aug 26, 2020 10:59 AM

Feb 2020
One more episode of Deca-Dence and this series is on fire!

We have been at this frenetic pace in history for almost a month and today's episode was no exception, with Kaburagi risking a lot to destroy the system and save Natsume from the destruction that decay means ...
I'm also very happy to see one more scene between the two of them, letting it be known that they are not alone in their missions for a better world ...

This series is getting better and better and I think it has been totally worth the wait
and put up with incoherence during first episodes ;)
Aug 26, 2020 11:00 AM

Feb 2020
ame-furi said:
Milton_Merlo123 said:

At least, everybody here knows the true value of the series!
Aug 26, 2020 11:15 AM

Jul 2009
JULES_WK said:
ame-furi said:

That's true. We as a fanbase are rather small, but we aprecciate the show for what it is and we're passionate about it. And I love that, it's very comfy.
Aug 26, 2020 11:19 AM

Jan 2009
it takes one anomaly to change the status quo

revolution

destroy the system

row row fight the power

Aug 26, 2020 11:26 AM

Jan 2015
This episode is building up to the final operation

Interesting 20 minutes, can’t wait for the action
Aug 26, 2020 11:48 AM
May 2019
Marinate1016 said:
I hope we get a second season of this. I don’t really see anyway all the questions get answered without rushing this significantly. The world is very rich and a promising world, so I wouldn’t mind them taking their time over 24 eps.

I agree, but unfortunately I can't really imagine it getting a season 2 due to how many people seemingly dropped it on episode 2 due to them either not understanding what's going on, or getting angry that it wasn't exactly what they were expecting it to be (or both).
Aug 26, 2020 11:56 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
JULES_WK said:
ame-furi said:

not too mention that we can actually get around to reading each others posts. In big normie series, you watch it an houf after its out and when you're done there are already 180 replies in the episode discussion threads.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 26, 2020 1:09 PM
Jul 2020
“We dispose of pieces of shit while running on pieces of shit.
In short, we’re pieces of shit.”
Omg this girl is such a mood. That scene was kinda gross those, I was eating while watching this episode so I lost my appetite...

Respecting the kink I appreciate it it.

Kaburagi is as good looking as ever, glad he got his avatar back.
I hope they make a season two and don’t rush this :)
Can’t wait for the next episode!!
Aug 26, 2020 1:34 PM

Feb 2014
Is it just me, or does Jill's human avatar form look pretty hot? X3

Either way, this was another episode full of development and tension rolled into one. Kaburagi's group was able to retrieve his main avatar body, even with old man Hugin prowling around the factory as well.

Not everyone is onboard with Kaburagi's plan, though. While the rest of the cyborgs joined the cause after Jill's "we're pieces of shit" speech, Kaburagi's friend, Minato, was against the whole plan and no matter how hard Kaburagi tried, he just couldn't get Minato to have a change of heart on the matter.

Not just that, but Turkey is already up to no good and whatever he's planning, I think it's safe to say that it'll be a stumbling block for Kaburagi's plan as a whole. Either way, things are building up to something pretty epic in the next episode or two. That's something to look forward to, huh? =D
Aug 26, 2020 1:37 PM

May 2018
Well, then Kuburagi got his body back, so wtf about that Oxyone thing, isn't that simply Liquified methane????

so, them poop scooper decided to mount an end to the system, but it looks like somebody is planning to sabotage them and some weakling is gonna help that somebody.
Aug 26, 2020 1:42 PM
Apr 2019
Man the animation in the storage room felt awesome,like I was feeling the speed and the fear of Hugin....wonderful.
Bit surprised Kabu actually went to Natsume and Kurenai in his first avatar.Kurenai might mistakenly reveal about him,right ? Well,not a big deal,but why there aren't many cameras to track down?
Aug 26, 2020 1:43 PM

Apr 2015
Kaburagi got his avatar back and next week it's time wreck havoc!! I am surprised Minato went so far to help Kaburagi! Almost got him caught, but lucky for him, Kaburagi managed to save his ass!

Man everyone's reaction when they got told what happens to all that poop XD
Aug 26, 2020 2:02 PM
Mar 2015
Viva La Revolucion
Aug 26, 2020 2:03 PM

Apr 2019
Every single episode makes me wonder why this isn't more popular.
my life was made with mematic.
Aug 26, 2020 2:21 PM
Mar 2020
ame-furi said:
Milton_Merlo123 said:

Nahh, I think it's because Re zero is better
Aug 26, 2020 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
ag_ said:
Every single episode makes me wonder why this isn't more popular.

No self-insert protagonist, no waifus, no ships, no SUKOI DEKAIs and no pre-existing fanbase. Some people couldn't handle the different artstyle, some of them couldn't handle the plot twist, and some of them are too dumb to even understand the plot. The anime community is full of normies who reject anything that's slightly different and would rather watch the same shit over and over again.
Aug 26, 2020 2:25 PM

Jul 2009
Milton_Merlo123 said:
ame-furi said:

Re:Zero fans just can't shut up about it, as usual. You're so cancerous and annoying people, lol.
Aug 26, 2020 2:28 PM

Apr 2019
ame-furi said:
Milton_Merlo123 said:

Re:Zero fans just can't shut up about it, as usual. You're so cancerous and annoying people, lol.

I enjoy Re:ZERO a lot (probably my favourite this season), but I'll say that Deca-Dence has a friendlier fanbase.
my life was made with mematic.
Aug 26, 2020 2:35 PM
Mar 2020
ame-furi said:
Milton_Merlo123 said:

Wowowow, calm down dude, I was just commenting.
Aug 26, 2020 2:43 PM

Sep 2017
It's all coming together. I had a bad feeling about the white robot guy. Turns out I was right. Also I recommend everyone check out at least the first 6 minutes of the recap posted on youtube. It has some new info that clears up a lot of world building details.
Aug 26, 2020 2:50 PM

Jul 2009
Milton_Merlo123 said:
ame-furi said:

I'm just tired of seeing Re:Zerotards literally everywhere spouting the most dumb shit, "excuse me, I just wanna say that this show has no fanbase compared to Re:Zero and I think Re:Zero is better than this show." How am I supposed to react? Thank you for your input, I guess?
Aug 26, 2020 2:54 PM

Jan 2018
Finally, they've taken Kaburagi's avatar back. Cannot wait to see it in action once more.

It was obvious there is an opposition. The endgame that is, if it truly succeeded what will happen next? But, that what defying the status quo does, change.

Aug 26, 2020 3:05 PM

May 2018
Wow, it took me some time to realise that Jill is voiced by Sucy's AV - Murase Michiyo.
Aug 26, 2020 3:08 PM
Mar 2020
ame-furi said:
Milton_Merlo123 said:

I'm just tired of seeing Re:Zerotards literally everywhere spouting the most dumb shit, "excuse me, I just wanna say that this show has no fanbase compared to Re:Zero and I think Re:Zero is better than this show." How am I supposed to react? Thank you for your input, I guess?

Well, it seems better to me, although I also like Decadence and it is a pity that it is somewhat undervalued.
Aug 26, 2020 3:21 PM

Aug 2013
So Kaburagi was able to get his avatar back.

This show took an interesting turn and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Aug 26, 2020 3:37 PM
May 2020
This is one of the top shows in Japan right now. I am sure that there will be a second season.

Its wonderful to watch a concept that respects your intelligence.

And lets not forget that Anime is not for us we are but voyeurs to the culture.
Aug 26, 2020 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
I think that I'm gonna rewatch the whole show once it's finished because I'm still a bit lost on some things but I'm enjoying it a lot. It keeps getting better.

I'm really glad that Kabu-san retrieved his avatar and met Natsume again!

Milton_Merlo123 said:
ame-furi said:

Well, it seems better to me, although I also like Decadence and it is a pity that it is somewhat undervalued.

The question here is why are you talking about Re:Zero in the "Deca-Dence Episode 8 Discussion" thread.
Aug 26, 2020 4:38 PM

Jul 2017
TIME TO PARTYYYYY!!! Kaburagi's proposition to Donatello and Jill to recover his avatar and destroy BOTH the Gadoll facility and the System truly is a sight to behold.

The only problem: Minato, who's been securing Kaburagi's real player avatar, and an even worse one when questioned by admins Hugin and Mugin as the human avatar convertions of Kaburagi and the bugs get underway to retrieve his avatar without being spotted. Well this was a success with a close shave of danger for both parties.

Seeing everyone puke at consuming their own shit was hilarious though, though it'd make some sense to do the 3Rs (Reuse, Reduce, Recycle).

Jill's statement of “We dispose of pieces of shit while running on pieces of shit. In short, we’re pieces of shit.” truly speaks volumes on the bugs' disposed treatment that only earns the ire and recollect them back to retaliation. WOW what a statement.

The REAL issue: getting everyone onboard with the idea, and Minato isn't one to be easily convinced. Seeing his partner and friend mute out the fact of the matter is great, but the dream world that's free for all, that's an ideal that's too far-fetched: Minato's proposal to Kaburagi.

To fight for or retaliate against, things are getting more notable. Entering into the final quarter!
Aug 26, 2020 5:55 PM
Mar 2020
HikariShoumeiron said:
I think that I'm gonna rewatch the whole show once it's finished because I'm still a bit lost on some things but I'm enjoying it a lot. It keeps getting better.

I'm really glad that Kabu-san retrieved his avatar and met Natsume again!

Milton_Merlo123 said:

The question here is why are you talking about Re:Zero in the "Deca-Dence Episode 8 Discussion" thread.

Yeah you're right, it was somewhat really inconvenient, sorry for that
Aug 26, 2020 6:05 PM

Jun 2016

Ok this one makes no sense and even goes against what has been established thus far. We know that there are more places where gadolls are manufactured as at least the bigger ones are created in a different location but even if we're only talking about the production of the smaller ones there should still be more than one factory for multiple reasons (unless we're supposed to assume that "the system" is just that incompetent). What they are trying to pull here should not resolve the main conflict of the series but there are only 4 episodes left so ofc. it will... v.v

KANLen09 said:
The REAL issue: getting everyone onboard with the idea, and Minato isn't one to be easily convinced.

No, it's the exact opposite. When it comes to convincing the cyborg society as a whole he is exactly what should be considered "easy mode" because he at least understands and sympathizes with Kaburagi.
Aug 26, 2020 7:10 PM
Oct 2016
Heh pretty cool episode as usual. That scene in the Avatar storage reminded me of Monsters Inc. When Sully and Mike are in the doors storage jumping from one to the other.
Aug 26, 2020 7:12 PM

Jul 2017
someone get Minato his own side story asap.

also what are the odds that this whole attack the system biz ends up not just being Kabu and Natsume but this whole nakama gathering ends up happening kek
Aug 26, 2020 7:19 PM

Jul 2020
"We dispose of shit,
But we also run on shit,
In other words, we're pieces of shit."

Jill was fcking hilarious with that one lol.

I really like where this series is going with the whole "Defying the System" concept. World building is also good in this episode.

We now know that the Gadoll Factory has a force field around it that makes it unreachable for Gears and Tankers alike. But because of that Kaburagi and Natsume are the only ones capable of shutting it down because they lack chips.

Good episode again this week!

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 26, 2020 9:07 PM

Jul 2016
Maybe it's only me here but the infiltration into the avatar storage area reminded me so much of Monsters Inc. In a very good sense if I must add.

Also, I gotta say I couldn't stop laughing with the whole "we function with shit as fuel!" revelation. I know I didn't mention it before but I simply love the addition of Jill's character in all this and the fact of her having Sucy's voice only makes it better.

Overall, pretty entertaining episode this week. Kabu, Donatello and co. infiltrating to retrieve Kabu's previous avatar was a nicely executed sequence in the sense of having me "glued" to the screen and though I was expecting it to be more "heartfelt", seeing him reuniting with Natsume again still made me smile.

As for Minato, the guy sure cares about Kabu a lot but him not agreeing with his goal is still quite understandable if you ask me. Despite being cruel with humans, the System brings some needed order to the Cyborgs and considering just how messed up the actual world is, I'm still not sure about how Kabu will manage to lead both races without chaos happening once said order crumbles...
... though being honest, we all know Minato will eventually join his bro in the end.

Now on a side note, Turkey being a traitor was so painfully obvious since Ep. 1 I can't really say it surprised me here. Wish they hadn't made him look and sound so shady but well.
Aug 26, 2020 9:12 PM

Aug 2019
pretty neat episode, the gang infiltrating and snatching Kaburagi's body went from pretty calm, to extremely suspenseful very fast. Natsume and Kaburagi's reunion was great, Kaburagi very carefully laying out the plan to take down the Gadoll facility without making it sound like he's crazy.

That entire infiltration scene was pretty entertaining i won't lie, nothings scarier then trying to hide from someone as scary and intimidating as bloody Hugin, like jesus he picked the perfect avatar that would resembled him irl. Also Minato's "gift" from the gang had me wheezing lmao, did him dirty xD

Jill's character definitely spiked for me, she seems extremely well diverse with most of the system and how it ticks, as well as other connecting facilities, their back doors and how Deca-dence itself operates, almost as if she may have been a previous staff member? Huh, really beg's the question to how did she really get labelled a bug.

Yikes, always was very sceptical about Turkey, seemed very much like the backstabbing snake type. Seems he's finally caved in and wants to rat out the rest of the gang, but don't you DARE bring Sark into you're evil schemes you coward, i mean heck you already kinda snapped his neck, Sark's a good robot leave him alone.
Aug 26, 2020 9:26 PM

Feb 2015
I’m impressed by Jill’s abilities, she has helped them a lot, and that makes me wonder how she ended there, and for her knowledge, she could have been a member of the staff that controls Deca-Dence, or some shit similar, also, her avatar is cute. Basically, Kaburagi saved Minato’s ass by taking his avatar from Hugin’s sight. Natsume’s encounter was funny. The conversation between Minato and Kaburagi is one of the things that concerns me more, something clear is that Minato hasn’t understood the value of the humans living on Earth, which is the main reason why Kaburagi is fighting, along with the freedom of his species as cyborgs. Turkey, mmm, I hope this things get solved soon, if no, I expect this guy dead.
Aug 26, 2020 10:15 PM

May 2020
This was another great episode getting ready for the big operation. Kaburagi is very dedicated to getting rid of the system so bugs like Natsume get a chance to live. The commander seems to care a lot about Kaburagi and seems to value their friendship. I wonder if he'll come to help Kaburagi later. I'm really enjoying the series and excited to see how it ends. Even if the system is destroyed, how will the androids live without it?
Aug 26, 2020 10:51 PM

Jul 2017
damn, this show is great.

The part where the gang hunted by Hugin is scary AF dude. Like seriously with Hugin appearance like that plus he can fly like that scare the shit out of me.

love the part when Kaburagi with his old avatar reunited with Natsume and I-forgot-the-name girl.
Aug 26, 2020 11:09 PM
Aug 2020
This is such a great show.

I really wonder how it will end though at this point. From what I understand, the gadolls-factory-deca dance ecosystem is basically a giant chicken farm turned into a video game like system so that the cyborgs will actually be very motivated to work in farming oxyones, because there are ranks and it is promoted as an entertainment system. So then how the hell are cyborgs gonna survive if there is no more gadolls for them to farm?

I can definitely feel the tension build up in this episode..From the perspective of the cybrogs, this is basically trying to destroy everything they know and start over, without a viable alternative ahead of them.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

242 by AgentDuck »»
Sep 6, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2020

127 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2020

138 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 5, 2020

140 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

140 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 7:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.