Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2020 1:17 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
I want to know your thoughts for anyone who has watched the movie. Would it be okay to watch this over the original TV series? Or should I watch the first 52 episodes? I wouldn't mind either way, as I've watched the first two episodes and mildly enjoyed it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2020 12:33 AM
Jan 2020
ChartTopper60 said:
I want to know your thoughts for anyone who has watched the movie. Would it be okay to watch this over the original TV series? Or should I watch the first 52 episodes? I wouldn't mind either way, as I've watched the first two episodes and mildly enjoyed it.

I'ved watched all of Ashita no Joe. The movie is just a recap of the first 51 episodes of s1 to prepare audiences for s2. If you just watch the movie and go into s2 you'll lost very important details
and never understand Joe's characterization. The movie just focuses more boxing than character. So I recommend to watch the series instead for natural progression of the story. Good luck
Jul 22, 2020 1:38 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
YangWen-li82 said:
ChartTopper60 said:

I'ved watched all of Ashita no Joe. The movie is just a recap of the first 51 episodes of s1 to prepare audiences for s2. If you just watch the movie and go into s2 you'll lost very important details
and never understand Joe's characterization. The movie just focuses more boxing than character. So I recommend to watch the series instead for natural progression of the story. Good luck

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I thought this thread would never get a reply, but now I know to start the Ashita no Joe TV series. Thanks :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ashita no Joe (Movie) Episode 1 Discussion

MidoFortune - Aug 28, 2015

9 by MoblinGoblin »»
Oct 2, 2023 9:05 PM

» Where can I find the movie English subbed?

MidoFortune - Jul 6, 2015

2 by MidoFortune »»
Apr 28, 2018 1:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.