Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 26, 2020 8:34 AM

May 2012
Okay so this wasn't bad not the worst VRMMORPG anime I've seen but what I did find rather weird is the whole buildup of the story and characters, either everything was the same and kept repeating, yet a lot was useless info that doesn't add more to the character if it's the same for each of the people that they face friend or foe.

The pacing was also rather rushed if you ask me, it certainly wasn't bad it had a good solid episodic pacing, but it also felt rushed in so many places. I don't got any reference to any source material but my best guess is that they tried to fit too many volumes into these 13 episodes with a nice final and flash action wise finish but not something spectacular that is that memorable imo.

All in all it wasn't bad but just too flat and generic. Not much too say more about it.
Apr 26, 2020 9:49 AM

Dec 2014
I need more of this Anime in my life. T.T Season 2 please

Apr 28, 2020 11:49 AM
Sep 2012
And so the generic anime ends. This series felt so much like cardboard that it was hard to watch every week. It's a shame because the world was interesting and some of the side characters had nice backstories. Of course our MC had to be the poster child of generic good guy destined to be OP character.
May 2, 2020 12:53 PM

Jul 2015
The animation was lackluster and the plot was kind of boring. I think it would have been interesting to see more the mc have the kind of struggle between seeing ID as a world or just as a game instead of not really delving too much into it

My biggest issue has to be with the characters, while their unique charactertraits (like the pimp) are interesting I feel like the execution wasn't done well, the backstories were pointless and Ray felt too basic without any interesting traits that makes you want to watch him kick some ass

I kind of wish they showed Shu a lot more as he seemed like the most interesting character/bear, but I guess his strength is too broken, grizz

Jun 10, 2020 11:38 PM
Dec 2017
I went brain dead during the last three episodes. It annoys me that this is a pay2win MMORPG. It is just stupid they are complaining about how much money they spent on those attacks. If this was a real MMORPG nobody would want to play it. It would be the most unbalanced, trash game on the planet.

The tournament was weak as fuck, the motives of the main character was weak, and worse the motive of the villains were just trash. In the end, the plot twist of the villains being dual traps. Why bring up their real lives, but refuse to give any pay off by showing them in real life interacting? Why does this game constantly break the rules of MMORPG's? The main character can't heal his arm, but we can revive players who've had their entire bodies destroyed. This cannot possibly be in the novel. There is no way they would have this type of terrible nonsensical writing.
Jun 18, 2020 3:42 PM
Jun 2020
So why did Marie kill Ray in the beginning of the series? Did I miss something? Shame we didn't get to see the conclusion between her and Ray. People who PK lowlvls in MMOs are the worst, lol.

5/10 Generic garbage, still enjoyed it a lot.
Jun 29, 2020 6:19 PM

Jul 2013
Finished it. Which is more than I can say about 40% of the anime I start, so it has that going for it.

I will also say Franklin had to be my most hated character of this season. HATED him/her. Just the whole reasoning for wanting to murder tians/ possible people seemed shallow and childish.

It was made pretty obvious on like episode 10 that Franklin was Hugo's sister. Hugo, I hated as well. She/He made this whole stink about protecting women and children but yet said and did nothing as Liliana's sister was kidnapped and both of them almost killed as well as ignoring the plan called for kidnapping the Princess.

I would watch a season 2 just to see those two destroyed again. Though seems the show was setting up for character redemption for both. Unfortunately.

Overall, not the best, not the worst. But I probably won't remember it tbh.
Jul 7, 2020 7:12 PM

Feb 2012
Average show but a fun one.
Ray is bland but some others chars make up for it.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Aug 3, 2020 3:09 PM
Jan 2018
The show was quite enjoyable in my opinion. I don't understand why it's rated so much lower than Bofuri.
Aug 4, 2020 12:00 AM
Jun 2016
windymountain said:
The show was quite enjoyable in my opinion. I don't understand why it's rated so much lower than Bofuri.

Because people these day like a trash game with cute girl more than a isekai with good story and detail world building

And Naz is a trash studio has ruined one of the best source in isekai genre,
Aug 21, 2020 11:15 AM
May 2013
It was an okay show, I liked the side characters, the protagonist was the least interesting. I think this anime had potential, but was all over the place. I would watch a second season, but it is pretty unlikely to get one.
Aug 21, 2020 5:06 PM
Aug 2020
This Anime had great potential, but I think to make it work you needed a lot more episodes, you can not cramp in all the story in 13 episodes.
Aug 24, 2020 4:15 AM

Feb 2019
Its not an bad show,even though its generic. i enjoyed it.Also liked the character's.
I think its pretty fine show for me
Sep 11, 2020 1:15 PM
Sep 2020
the show was pretty good, seem like more people liked it.
Dec 7, 2020 5:40 PM
Jan 2016
Some of you are wayy to harsh on this anime i gave it a 7.5/10 it kept me interested and for this type of anime it fits the dynamic
Dec 13, 2020 4:24 AM

Sep 2010
Wow didn’t expect Franklin to live in the same building as Ray
Dec 13, 2020 11:57 AM
Sep 2020
I like what is in the infinite dendogram, and the story is also quite interesting even though I've seen that many scenes and stories are not shown in the anime, and the narrative is messy (I'm not a light novel reader) maybe if the staff is replaced it will be better, yes I personally like this series and hope there is a continuation (even though it's impossible)
Mar 4, 2021 5:26 PM
Jan 2017
This anime was pretty average as far as these "RPGish" animes go. pretty much what I expected fun lil show to turn your brain off to, solid 6/10. wishthey woulda did a bit more w/ it but eh still good
Mar 22, 2021 12:15 AM
Oct 2017
May this stay a one season show & be remembered for how terrible it was 🤣.
Apr 24, 2021 11:27 PM

Aug 2018
A decent little series that didn’t overstay its welcome. I doubt we’ll see a follow up.

7/10
May 1, 2021 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
don't tell me the blond chick in real life he walked past by is the superior killer lol

i would have used the opportunity to tease her by first calling her in game name, he had the type of face that says i recognize u :D

the Franklin when i first so him reminded me of Minaka for sekirei
Sugram22May 5, 2021 3:07 AM
Sep 2, 2021 6:42 PM
Jun 2020
Sugram22 said:
don't tell me the blond chick in real life he walked past by is the superior killer lol

i would have used the opportunity to tease her by first calling her in game name, he had the type of face that says i recognize u :D

the Franklin when i first so him reminded me of Minaka for sekirei
Marie Adler was the Superior Killer, they revealed that in episode 12. The girl he walked past in the end is Franklin irl I believe.
Sep 2, 2021 7:16 PM
Jun 2020
This was an alright ending to an alright show. Anime set in MMORPGs are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me so I still got enjoyment out of this but there's nothing that special about it. I might check out the light novels in the future, but I doubt we'll get a second season.
Oct 15, 2021 7:51 AM

Jun 2021
Hmm. A lot of the reviewers here of the subbed version are a bit harsher than I'd expect. I guess Ian Sinclair's hammy performance as Franklin goes a long way to making the dub a lot more fun than the show actually is.

This show has a weird mix of stakes. On one hand, it tries to go for low to no stakes like Bofuri does, players can log out (even if none of them ever really do) and if they die, they pull a Jesus and respawn in 3 in-game days. But, on the other hand, the show also tries to go for high stakes drama like SAO did, since since the Tians are real people who don't respawn. The result just kinda leaves a weird taste.

Nonetheless, I'd watch a season 2, but I might wait for the dub since I'm not sure if the writing itself can hold up and I need more hammy Ian Sinclair in my life.
Mar 10, 2022 2:44 PM

Mar 2021
If I ever had the chance to play Infinite Dendrogram, I think I would choose to be a Pimp too. Have my own scantily clad succubus "embryo" that is basically just like an obnoxious clingy girlfriend. lol
Sep 21, 2022 1:00 PM

Mar 2020
The first part of this episode when Franklin is talking about

it made me laugh a little! xD
Apr 13, 2023 3:43 AM

Nov 2019
Hmm. This turned out to be identical to the source material in most ways, with the only notable exception being the rushed pacing in the first half (the author is somewhat long-winded and fond of exposition, so I'm not surprised they streamlined things here).

That combined with the bare-bones animation makes this come across more like a summary than its own thing. Kind of wished they either slowed things down to end with the Lich arc or got the author to write some Anime-original scenes (according to the LN Afterwords he was heavily involved in the production).
May 24, 2023 8:32 AM

Oct 2022
I think the only think praise worthy is the world/system setting. My biggest gripes would have to be Ray's motivations (bad taste in my mouth), and that they teased Ray having a second maiden from his gauntlets and she never made an appearance.
Aug 16, 2023 12:26 AM

Apr 2022
Ok.. I think some others would have already made the question... to heal his arm he should just die wait 24 hour and he could get a new arm right? should be that easy piecy.

Sep 7, 9:24 AM
Dec 2019
It was great, the cinematography was great and I liked the storyline...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

33 by amf85 »»
Oct 23, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

90 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

172 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

38 by james_lima »»
Aug 31, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2020

30 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.