Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 26, 2020 4:48 AM

Jun 2014
Purin, the new member of the Section 9's red shirts technicians, Tachikoma zookeeper. Some people finds her annoying and I can see that, but something about her really interests me.

How she's basically got the personalty of a Tachikoma in a humanoid body, with her over the top body language and her obsession of Batou.

Now, let's talk about the role of "Tachikoma zookeeper".Remember the ponytailed android operators, The ones Tachikoma mocked as dumb? Back in the day they did basically all the low level labor for Section 9, and kind of including zookeeping for Tachikoma, at least before GiG when Proto took over, who also turned out to be an android, or rather biodroid, which is a term I only every saw in SAC, so I am still gonna consider him an android.

Now, even after the red shirts are back. they are still strangely absent, instead we got Purin. I think that Purin might be a successor model for the ponytails and even Proto. Think about it, how she conveniently had all her personal memory stored away, could it be that there isn't any to begin with? And how she's allowed to do whatever she wants despite being just a red shirts instead of an official Section 9 member. It'd make more sense if she's an android they are testing instead of a real human.

Also in the manga, Tachikoma would hack and reprogram some of the poor ponytails, I think Purin's personality might be the result of a similar situiation.
Apr 26, 2020 4:57 AM

Jun 2016
That's what I think as well but I feel they're being a bit too obvious about it.
EDIT: maybe they're subverting our expectations and she's just a socially awkward prodigy. I'll still go with the android theory for now
Theo1899Apr 26, 2020 5:03 AM
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 29, 2020 7:26 PM
Dec 2014
If she were a human-designed android successor of the prior droids, and her job is a service one, why would they design her to be so fucking obnoxious?
It's clear that either we're getting the "she's a tachikoma AI!" twist, or the writers just made a huge misstep, which would sadly not be out of the question for this season. She already denied being an AI as I recall, but that probably means jackshit.
May 1, 2020 6:43 AM

Oct 2010
Didn't she say she was a human directly to batou? She's not that annoying, a bit colorful but I think she's ok, she is the gits self insert fan jut like bartolomeo in one piece. It was ridiculous how she punched that guy and all that shit but the anime was non sense from the start.
May 1, 2020 7:12 AM

Apr 2020
She mentions giving up all sentimental memories when joining section 9 which implies she's human. If she were an expendable bot then I wouldn't care so much about her blatant disregard for personal safety every time she runs off and puts herself in serious danger. It would also make her not getting reprimanded for it make sense. God I hate her abandoning her job whenever she feels like doing field work she isn't trained for.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 5 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 24, 2020

11 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:37 PM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteelingMax - Apr 23, 2020

57 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:42 AM

» This series got way too much hate

Tyrannicswine117 - Feb 21, 2021

26 by SametTakao »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tsarko - Apr 24, 2020

59 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 9, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 11 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25, 2020

11 by naturalbrawler »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.