Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2020 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that Yasu guy has style. I mean, posing with a rose like that with the stylish movements...yup.

The boys band has talent sure but it's hard to take their personalities seriously. Seems like this is more or less a build episode.
Mar 5, 2020 7:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
These guys again... they're so boring
Mar 5, 2020 7:24 AM
Sep 2015
If that suspicious talent agent is not the headmaster I bet Yasu would lost his virginity to him. And I want to see that happen!
Mar 5, 2020 7:25 AM

Aug 2012
Good episode, Dokofin's new song was excellent and that sexy photo shoot lol.
Mar 5, 2020 8:17 AM
Jan 2020
I loved the original Show By Rock!! (both seasons) and this season has really grown on me, except for the boys... I just find their constant fighting aggravating to watch and nowhere near as funny as when Shingan had similar scuffs. Hate to be a downer, but they're really dragging my rating of the show down...
Mar 5, 2020 10:12 AM

Jan 2017
9th episode and we finally got 3th song of this season.

At this point we should change the main characters of this show on the MAL details page. Mashumairesh is here just for few seconds in each episode for the last couple weeks :(
Mar 5, 2020 10:52 AM

Mar 2017
Honestly Dokofin’s the reason why I think this anime is still alright lol. Really nice to see Yasu having that desire to become an “actual serious” band now instead of how they were like before. Also that conversation among them was good, very refreshing compared to Howan’s and Himeko’s one-on-one talk that I felt like should’ve been a group talk.

Despite Mashumashu being a band, it’s hard to see them as such when they’re really just “close” to only one person in the band. They just don’t function as great as a group of four even though the anime tries to make it seem like they do imo. Mashumashu also has done pretty much nothing as a band and I really can’t feel like they deserve to be part of the festival because of that.

The talk of ShinganCrimsonZ and Dokofin having a battle in the festival sounds super interesting and here’s hoping we actually get to see it, but also my hopes aren’t too high for it either. I really wish we saw more of our old bands rather than just hearing them in the background from time to time like with Bud Virgin logic for this episode...
Mar 5, 2020 12:44 PM
Sep 2018
Well the new dokofin song is definitely my favorite performance so far, both the music and visuals were really nice. The ep also finally managed to endear me to this band.

Now i might as well give my two cents for the show so far. Honestly i find it ironic that bringing down the number of bands actually seemed like it made them even more unable to do anything with them.

Mashumairesh feels like they've been spinning their wheels in place for a long time. They don't feel like they've made progress for how many episodes it has been. It shouldn't have taken them until the 6th episode for them to be a and, and the 8th to get them just to perform the same song howan has been singing this entire time. They've been so focused with the character drama that all the band stuff was just forgotten. While himeko and howan's relationship is great, the drama itself felt like they were artificially dragged on for too long. Ep 2 didn't need the entire ep just to get howan to stay with himeko, ep 4 felt mostly pointless, ep 6 also felt like they dragged it too long. Putting off asking to form a band for half an episode before himeko's meltdown was such a waste of time. It should've been immediately connected to the end of ep 5 plot. All of that dragging only for the same song in ep 8, was such a bad payoff. Now we'll see if the next episode will drag itself somemore or not.

Next is dokofin. Their problem is that they feel completely aimless. They're doing their own thing and just too separate with the brunt of the time we spend with mashumashu. While shinganz were also doing their own thing in the previous series, they still had some connection with the whole plot. Dokofin current connection is only the that they're also aiming for the festival. Without the whole villain plot like the last series the bands needed to have more interaction, which later on is something i also think is a problem with reijing. Dokofin honestly had the most interesting gimmick of the three, being a band that genuienly don't get along, which is something the series haven't done. They finally managed to cash in on that this ep, but it still could've been done better. As much as i love episode 7 for shinganz being shinganz, it definitely wasn't an episode this series as a whole needed, at least not when the whole episode is just the curling gag. The gag could've been there for a while, but it should've ended with something like a perfromance from shinganz that planted the thought of wanting to achieve more with music that yasu had this episode, and maybe then have rom to appear again to knock some sense into him since he was about to pull a shuzo. In the end ep also felt like the show just dragging itself and not knowing what to do.

Reijing is the one that i have the least complaint about, but that's also because they have the least appearances. This is where the lack of band interaction hurts them. They just feel too much like just a token rival. The previous ep tried to give them some more depth, but i think they should've been introduced sooner to build up more of rapport with mashumashu.

tl;dr I feel they spent too much time in this series dragging things on and just ended up forgetting all the band for the most part stuff until these last two ep.
dragonsoldier77Mar 5, 2020 12:50 PM
Mar 5, 2020 2:27 PM

May 2018
sensei truly is a nice guy
Mar 6, 2020 2:49 AM

Oct 2007
oh, boy band episode.. skipping this one. Waiting for the next.
Mar 6, 2020 3:00 AM

Oct 2008
nice rockin' performance by DOKONJOFINGER!
but sorry to say SHINGANCRIMSONZ is better in every way because Taniyama Kishow is the vocalist of that group and it's gonna be hard to beat that!
5/5.

Mar 6, 2020 7:06 AM

Aug 2011
Shizurusa said:
Honestly Dokofin’s the reason why I think this anime is still alright lol. Really nice to see Yasu having that desire to become an “actual serious” band now instead of how they were like before. Also that conversation among them was good, very refreshing compared to Howan’s and Himeko’s one-on-one talk that I felt like should’ve been a group talk.

Despite Mashumashu being a band, it’s hard to see them as such when they’re really just “close” to only one person in the band. They just don’t function as great as a group of four even though the anime tries to make it seem like they do imo. Mashumashu also has done pretty much nothing as a band and I really can’t feel like they deserve to be part of the festival because of that.

The talk of ShinganCrimsonZ and Dokofin having a battle in the festival sounds super interesting and here’s hoping we actually get to see it, but also my hopes aren’t too high for it either. I really wish we saw more of our old bands rather than just hearing them in the background from time to time like with Bud Virgin logic for this episode...

My thoughts exactly. tbh, i would have prefered if this whole anime was focalised on the boys rather than Mashumairesh, but that would lose the meaning of the title, although I still don't know why it is called "Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh" cuz so far, there is not much "show, "rock" or "mashumairesh"...

Not to mention that they've pretty much achieved nothing so far in terms of music. They are focusing more in the characters relationships & interactions rather than the main purpose of a band which is to actually perform, lmao.

Yasu asking the real question :

It just took 9 episodes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 6, 2020 4:09 PM

Nov 2013
so, watch the OP and ED songs plus a minute at arount 9:30 , add the full episode to mal, easy boosting my way to 10000 episodes LOL

that being said, i love how calm the last part of the opening song sounds =D
winddevil1Mar 6, 2020 4:14 PM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 9, 2020 6:13 AM
Feb 2020
It's funny (and sad) that in one episode Dokifni had more character development than MashuMashu in eight episodes.

I hope that we have a Shingan and Dokofin battle. Guys if we have old bands performace at festival would be wild. Not sure if that will happen, but think we can have at least have Shingan and Plasmagica, since Cyan is showed in the anime trailer;
Mar 12, 2020 2:36 PM
Mar 2020
ngl...It's a gud even I don't rly like that annoying boy band...the anime should focus on mashumairesh...they've done nothing so far :v
Mar 20, 2020 10:00 PM
Mar 2020
aegis_boi said:
ngl...It's a gud even I don't rly like that annoying boy band...the anime should focus on mashumairesh...they've done nothing so far :v

Agreed, wish it focused on the girls instead. Just give the guys there own separate show or something...
Apr 29, 2020 2:54 AM

Apr 2011
I don't dislike the boys though. I like how the guys are taking music more seriously. To make people happy and not just to graduate.

Looking forward to the girl's turn next.
Dec 6, 2021 11:16 AM

Feb 2020
Kinda boring episode although I liked the performance. That photo was also pretty hilarious.

This anime should focus more on Mashumairesh and REIJINGSIGNAL instead of DOKONJOFINGER.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

17 by Pinoffin »»
Feb 26, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2020

20 by Pinoffin »»
Feb 26, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

28 by vinipart2 »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:45 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

14 by Muow »»
Sep 1, 2022 7:14 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

31 by Muow »»
Aug 31, 2022 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.