Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School Rumble
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 30, 2016 12:30 PM

Jul 2015
First half of the season was funnier, second half was ok, 8/10
Nov 22, 2016 7:10 AM

Mar 2015
The show was hilarious throughout! But they should've snapped Harima out of loving Tenma, she's so annoying and dense (Harima's density is alright but this is too dense). Eri/Yakumo should've ended up with Harima... :( Thus is the nature of romance comedies. 7/10
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 30, 2017 12:46 PM

Aug 2014
ano, is that over? ;/

at least the first part with young Yakumo and Tenma was cute ;]

the part with Karasuma incident Zico was not needed at all ;/

That bike scene should happen in nice weather when they were to go to see the sunrise together...
I wonder if there is any conclusion in manga?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 23, 2017 6:21 PM

May 2012
By the time I started watching the second season, I realized not to focus on story progression and instead to focus on the comedy which I believe is the best way to enjoy this series.

I have to say though Harima carries this show HARD, his ridiculous dedication to Tenma and the resulting misunderstandings that follow are what make this show one of the best school based comedies. He also elevated the characters around him particularly Eri and Yakumo, I mean their okay characters on their own but whenever they get dragged into Harima's bullshit, we get some of the best moments in the show.

I think this season tried to focus alot more on the side characters and I don't know if its because the manga is like that or it was just fillers :/ still would have preferred more of Harima. I don't really care about the other main protag, 52 episodes of just Tenma would be unbearable tbh.

Overall this series was definitely funny, and created some great character dynamics, too bad requited love isn't really a thing that exists in this show (which is frustrating because it is a ROMcom). 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2017 9:46 AM

Apr 2009
I enjoyed this season than the first one.

Looking forward to 3rd semester.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2017 7:16 AM

Mar 2016
Conflicted. This was a strong second season, but the parody episodes seemed to go on and on. Those weren't necessarily bad episodes though.
Feb 26, 2018 2:31 AM
Jul 2013
I loved first season, but this second one was very boring to me.

What a pity.
Apr 24, 2019 8:39 PM
Apr 2016
How disappointing...they just HAD to reset ALL the progress made in the previous episode...good lord. Far FAR worse than the first season.
Jul 2, 2019 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
So of course they reset everything and nothing gets resolved. No surprise there.

Overall this season had some strong episodes (mostly Harima x Sawachika) and some really weak episodes (mostly the dream and manga-story episodes). I would say it was as a whole worse than the first season, but not bad enough to give it a lower score. 6/10
Oct 6, 2019 6:53 PM
Sep 2019
I'm very sad it's over. I'm not sure if the other 2 final OVA's are worth watching. I watched the English dub and boy, is it a fantastic job I'd say. It's weird to change language for the OVA's. But I really liked the first season a lot more. The first episode I saw I was hooked, I never understood why Harima likes Tenma so much, she (to me) can be very annoying at times. I did like the chemistry between Yakumo and Eri a lot more, I actually hoped Harima would've changed his mind and maybe saw something in Yakumo. I was actually pretty hyped for the 3rd season, but there's none which is just ridiculous, they've could atleast made a whole 3rd with a final conclusion to Harima and Tenma, Hanai and Imodori. Although Harima really does remind me of myself I did quite enjoy the supporting characters like Hanai and Imodori, I always laughed about them they were good fun. But to be honest. I'm afraid this is the end for School Rumble, such an amazing anime with such a dissapointing ending. As I mentioned I didn't watch the final 2 episode OVA yet so I'm not sure if it really ends there.
Oct 9, 2019 9:34 PM
May 2016
I think you should watch them, they are very scatterbrained as the ova's imply more show was going to be made that the ova's skip. I would still watch them, it will give you some closure.
Dec 3, 2019 12:39 PM

Nov 2016
Seems like this show likes to keep the status quo. Not that I really mind, I'm here mainly for the comedy anyway.

It's been over two years since I've seen S1 and I dunno how I perceive it today, but if I simply compare both seasons based on enjoyment then I have to say that S2 was superior. Pretty much every episode killed me.

Kinda sad that there are only two OVA episodes left :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 1, 2020 9:41 AM

Mar 2013
Would anyone kindly tell me what is the last chapter of the episode 26 is of the 2nd season?
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 8, 2020 7:56 AM
Jul 2009
I found this to be a much more satisfying ending than the first series. I just wish San Gakki was dubbed T_T
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jul 13, 2020 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
I'm really gonna miss this show.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 7, 2020 7:29 PM
Feb 2018
I really loved this show. This episode was great overall, the childhood flashback of Tenma and Yakumo, Tenma finding out that Harima was that pervert the first time they met and then the ending made me feel pretty disappointed. They basically just reset everything from square one. Harima was gonna leave the school and then Tenma told him that they should get together sometime again and basically, the cycle continues. This type of stuff pisses me off to no end. Why can't they ever have a conclusive good ending? Even if Tenma and Harima are never together, they could of still made Harima fall for Eri or Yakumo... anything! Some form of relationship in the end would suffice, but this ending is unsatisfying. Nothing happened. No conclusions. No nothing. Ugh... I know there's an OVA that came out 2 years after Season 2, because they tried to patch things up for a satisfying ending but as far as the OVAs rating go... doesn't seem like much is resolved. On my way to go watch the OVA's now. 4/5.
Feb 3, 2021 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
I actually really liked the fact that they kept it open for your imagination to decide as to what happens in the future.
Jan 22, 2023 5:09 AM

Aug 2014
Im sorry, but this season 2 was a failure. 

Out of all the 26 episodes of season 2, I think I can say that I only enjoyed about 10 episodes, which were the first 6 episodes, and the other episodes that dealt with Harima-Eri

From season 1, out of all 26 episodes, I enjoyed about 13 of them. 

What really sucked about season 2 is that after episode 6, there was no more Eri-Yakumo rivalry over Harima.   Those episodes were fun and intense and spicy. 

The difference between season 1 and season 2, is that in season 1 it felt like the comedy was meaningful and would lead to something down the line. While in season 2, the comedy is just there to be stupid and hopefully get a laugh from the audience. 

I know there is an OVA two episodes after this season 2 that concludes SR, but meh, those episodes were meh.

If they ever do continue SR in the future (which I doubt), dont follow the manga, and show us more progress between Harima-Eri.  

Season 1 is miles better than season 2.  But at least season 2 had some spicy Yamuko-Eri rivalry over Harima in the first 6 episodes, so season 2 has some value because of that. 

And my gosh, 54 episodes we have had of SR, and we barely got any romantic progress. 

SR season 2 should have been 10 episodes, and not 26 episodes. 
oooo3333Aug 18, 2023 11:22 PM
Feb 27, 2023 3:27 AM

Feb 2023
This shit sucks lol...I'am so sad that Harima doesnt get anyone knowing how rough a ride he had it the whole show and especially with how Season 2 fleshed out more of the characters personalities in a more realistic way. All it did is just make it hurt more when you learn that nobody gets anybody and (again) Harima just get shafted with basically not getting anymore reward than
it's like "....what?" lol it's a horrible way for my man to go.

Even season 1 was upsetting a bit when he didn't get tenma but at least they kept the touchy moments to a minimum to still keep it humorous. I also don't think season 2 worked well when they decided a story needed to be split into 2 episodes. overall 4/10.

PotatoSpoonFeb 27, 2023 3:35 AM
Aug 4, 2023 1:53 PM

Nov 2010
This season is a downgrade over the last. Too random for my liking. Out of 26 episodes, only about 6+ episodes were interesting. I'm also not a fan of shows where there's barely any plot development. Also, it's a romantic comedy, but there was barely any romance this time. This reminds me of my experience watching Ranma 1/2. Nonetheless, this show was still entertaining.
Sep 13, 2023 3:21 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2014:

Nov 9, 2023 11:17 PM
Feb 2021
Another fine Rom Com that blue balls you with the ending.
Jan 1, 1:12 PM

Jun 2021

Even after 15 years, it's still extremely weird to see out-of-character angry bitter child Yakumo, and still her and Tenma's backstory is a tearjerker.

More frustrating misunderstandings, and as much as i always rooted for him and his impossible love, Harima could have handled some details differently. Even if, to be fair, that guy on the phone could have used a better choice of words about dead fish-look Karasuma. And now after a long hallways / rooftop chasing, Harima seems officially friendzoned (even if he returned delusional for more somehow)

MAI <3 didn't remember neither her cameo, nor the pillow fight, nor HANAI STILL BEING THE HUMAN KITE. It still doesn't get old.

Wow... it ended with a sudden random and actually pretty funny joke, but still very abrupt. Yeah, OVAs ending the anime plot were probably announced already, but...

Whatever. Great season 1, even funnier season 2 despite frustrating moments about the impossible main couple... still, those never bothered me even during my first watch in late 2008 as i was already fully aware that life is unfair and there is no hope for some people. Once again, when i laughed, i laughed HARD. My favorite girl Mai getting a almost full episode about her majocco fantasies is still a dream come true. And finally, this is a series that still worked for the rare actually sad moments and had a well handled bittersweet undertone of "live your teen years to the fullest, they won't come back, enjoy your young life before it's too late". Damn, it hits harder and harder for people like me in the late 30's that never even peaked in high school. Oh, well... 10/10.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 13 Discussion

Zerachroma - Mar 23, 2008

29 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jul 2, 11:46 PM

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 12 Discussion

36 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jul 2, 11:19 PM

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 9 Discussion

33 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jul 1, 1:44 PM

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 6 Discussion

44 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jun 30, 11:14 AM

Poll: » School Rumble Ni Gakki Episode 3 Discussion

Zerachroma - Mar 17, 2008

46 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jun 30, 12:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.