Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 28, 2019 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, Hibiki and her friends engages in one final battle in this season's finale.

I'm glad they didn't leave out any of the main character and everyone joins in the party. The battle cinematics for this episode imo lived up to my expectations. Hibiki in particular brings her best into that fight. It's also cool to also see the rest of her friends and comrades singing in union together.

Pretty solid episode.
Sep 28, 2019 9:59 AM
Apr 2015
the end of the Symphogear series. I don't believe I will get an end like this without getting a project for the next season but, maybe in Symphogear live 2020 there will be news about the Symphogear Project clarity
Sep 28, 2019 10:18 AM

Mar 2013
tfw actually crying after watching the episode live

why is it over aaaahhhhh
Sep 28, 2019 10:20 AM

May 2016
Symphogear XV Ended!

Such a nice season 5 to end the series.

Thank you for everything! It was a fun ride for 7 years.

Now i know Symphogear is not over till 2020 live concert comes out we might get a new Project for Symphogear in the futurue 2021.

Sep 28, 2019 10:20 AM

Dec 2011
I don't even know what to say.

There's a hole in my life now.

Thank you Symphogear.
Sep 28, 2019 10:21 AM

Nov 2008
Solid 10

The series ended with quite a bang and I'm really surprised that Miku survived, I can't see this getting a season 6 (this ended far too well) but a spinoff may happen if it sells.

Sep 28, 2019 10:33 AM

May 2016
It's time to review this show.
Sep 28, 2019 10:52 AM
Jun 2008
ShiraishiUta415 said:
the end of the Symphogear series. I don't believe I will get an end like this without getting a project for the next season but, maybe in Symphogear live 2020 there will be news about the Symphogear Project clarity

I feel that we'll get a new generation of Symphogear users in a few years. For now, I think this episode serves as the closing chapter to Hibiki Tachibana's story.
Sep 28, 2019 11:36 AM

Mar 2018
And so this is the last episode of Symphogear all together. Damn, this was such a nice ride for the past 7 years.
I cannot believe it got better and better and they just never knew to stop.

This was one of the best ending episodes they could of given the viewers.
Can't wait for the LIVE concert, but I guess they won't announce any project (TV Anime-wise)...

The score went quite high since Episode 12 and this is the best season of Symphogear in my opinion. After that GX!

Bye Symphogear, I will miss this project but the songs will always be in my heart or on my CDs, haha.
EDIT: My only wish would be for them to animate Miku's transformation in XV-Style...
Koito91Sep 28, 2019 12:06 PM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Sep 28, 2019 11:38 AM

Apr 2012
I DON'T WANT IT TO BE OVER!!!!!!!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR GEARS!?

TELL ME THEY DIDN"T GET DESTROYED ON THEIR WAY OUT OF YGGDRASIL!!!!!

DO NOT YOU DARE TELL ME THEY ARE GONE!!!!

ARE WE HAPPY YET!?!?!?!?

IS THIS WHAT WE WANTED!?!?!?!?!?

I AM NOTHING!!!! LIFE IS EMPTY NOW!!!! ALL ANIME HAS ENDED!!!!!

ALL I AM IS SCREAM!!!!

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO END THIS COMMENT!!!!

AM I DONE SCREAMING YET?

IS IT OKAY!?!?

CAN I REST NOW!?!?!?

WAS THAT AN ENDGAME REFERENCE!?

OH MY HIBIKI I'M STILL GOING!

WHEN WILL IT END!?

WHEN WILL I BE ALLOWED TO REST!?!?

I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS!

I WASN'T READY!

I'M STILL NOT READY!!

I WILL NEVER BE READY AGAIN!

ALL I CAN DO...

IS SAY THANK YOU FOR THIS WONDERFUL SERIES, SATELIGHT!

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY SOUL, KANEKO-SAMA!

THANK YOU!

AND NOW I SCREAM FOREVER MORE INTO THE VOID!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 28, 2019 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
They could at least give me a movie to enjoy Mikugear a little longer.

Goodbye Symphogear. I doubt I will meet another seiyuu cast like this one again. Nana and co are probably retiring soon.

10/10

Sep 28, 2019 11:43 AM

May 2018
It's over. I have a good time with this show. Wish we could see Miku fought more oh well.
Sep 28, 2019 11:46 AM

Oct 2014
Now for Symphogear Live 2020 to give us a new possibility for a new generation of Symphogears to protect the furture the first ones created.

Noice.
Sep 28, 2019 11:47 AM

Apr 2012
Moonsolol said:
tfw actually crying after watching the episode live

why is it over aaaahhhhh
I have no tears to shed. For I am only Scream. There is just me and the void, and I shall scream into it for as long as it can tolerate me!
Sep 28, 2019 12:19 PM

Sep 2017
Thanks for an amazing and unforgettable experience Symphogear, I'm gonna miss you! I can't stop crying but nonetheless that was a beautiful ending, although I wish there was more!!
Sep 28, 2019 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
Oh boy, do I have some bones to pick with this episode but I'll keep it to myself. This being the last episode of the Symphogear franchise people want to share their feelings about it, so I don't want to annoy others with my rants.

The only thing I'll say is that I expected much more grandeur and "over the top-ness" from this episode, so this felt a little bit weak for a franchise finale.

That being said, I have a feeling this won't be the last time will be seeing Symphogear. We might not get any more seasons, but movies and OVAs are still a possibility.
Sep 28, 2019 12:26 PM

Apr 2014
That finale was too good.

That final Climax Song showing everyone from past seasons was beautiful and emotional.

Hibiki saving her Waifu

Sep 28, 2019 12:36 PM

Mar 2016
Anime of the season?

*nods*

Anime of the season.
Sep 28, 2019 12:37 PM
Dec 2018
I have to say this, I was crying like "it's over.... NOOOOOO!!!!!"

With this ending I can't believe that it's the ending.

The fights scenes, man I can't believe that Carol join for this, it was awesome and when Hibiki embrace Miku, a good lot of tears came from my face.

Carol is gone...... NOOOOOO!!!!!!

I can't also believe that Miku join with the Shenshoujing faust robe to help the main six Symphogears, and like the number 7 gonna made curious so I'm gonna search for something about this.

The songs, holy shit I was surprised and now it made happy.

I love how the shows handle with the terms of mythologies here, like it was history class but much better.

In the Yggdrasil core, Everyone is here, thanks everyone for rescued the humanity future.

When Shem Ha trapped all the girls,I was like "Holy crap not again", but also was like when Fine was defeated in season one, but the words of Hibiki and Miku, she dissappear forever.

I have to say this, when I was searching a good anime to watch, I across Symphogear, I was happy because Nana Mizuki was here, but now I love this series with all my heart like with Heartcatch Precure.

Now it's over, I'm gonna miss this masterpiece but still hopping for another thing from this series.

I'm sorry but Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV is the best anime of this season summer 2019.

Did the Symphogears really gone forever?! I don't knowbut also I don't want to believe it is true.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to listen to Symphogears songs right now while playing with my 3DS, again X'D.
HelaLoveSep 28, 2019 1:20 PM
Sep 28, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
The only thing I don't like is that writers obviously had to execute the most overused cliché in anime and still somehow redeem those three cunts, whole nothing that they did was even close to atoning for murdering 100k innocent people, children included, for simple amusement.

And if I remember correctly, the first or second season also ended with "The End" card in the last frame, so there is always some hope.

Sep 28, 2019 12:59 PM
Aug 2015
I expected over the top hype but this episode did not deliver on that. But what we got was serval emotional gut punches in the space of 20 minutes which is even better.

I want to cry and scream at the same time. I don’t want it to be over.
Sep 28, 2019 12:59 PM

Oct 2014
Piromysl said:
The only thing I don't like is that writers obviously had to execute the most overused cliché in anime and still somehow redeem those three cunts, whole nothing that they did was even close to atoning for murdering 100k innocent people, children included, for simple amusement.

They did that with all the other antagonists, you know. Its not new.
Sep 28, 2019 1:04 PM
Sep 2019
Honestly. I'm happy with this neutral ending. This means whatever Hibiki will say to Miku depends on the fan's imagination. So i hope that there will be less fight between fans. Since it always about if the ships is canon or not. This ending has giving freedom to both shippers an fans that like or doesn't like the Hibi x Miku ship.
Sep 28, 2019 1:05 PM
Aug 2015
I only started watching symphogear this month and I already feel so dead that theres no more
Sep 28, 2019 1:14 PM

Jul 2015
AsuraDestructor said:
Piromysl said:

They did that with all the other antagonists, you know. Its not new.

Yea, but when they were presented as irredeemable, evil bitches, who, unlike other antagonists, were not even pretending or trying to make their cause look anywhere remotely good, I thought we'll finally get something different.
But old habits die hard, I guess.

Sep 28, 2019 1:18 PM
Dec 2018
epicyarnboy said:
I only started watching symphogear this month and I already feel so dead that theres no more

You mean all the five seasons?!
Sep 28, 2019 1:22 PM
Aug 2015
HelaLove said:
epicyarnboy said:

yeah I binge-watched all this month
Sep 28, 2019 1:23 PM
Mar 2009
I also had never heard of this show until XV started airing and just binged all 5 seasons

What a wild ride. Beautiful ending
Sep 28, 2019 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
And so it's over, this has to be the one of the best endings I've seen, It paid respects to every part / character from all it's seasons, heck something as basic as Hibiki's "I must be cursed" played a role, love how the poster of this season was the very final scene, I don't want this series to ever end if I'm honest, it has so much passion, love and care from it's fans and creators.

I was a little bit underwhelmed by how KH3 ended but this show is exactly what I was hoping for, I wish as everyone mentions, that after live 2020 we get new info and that XV was the end of Fine's Arc and the beginning of a new one, just like KH3 was the end of Seeker of Darkness.

Hate this tease at the end, just say the 3 words we all want to hear from you Two!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KanameYuukiSep 28, 2019 1:29 PM
Sep 28, 2019 1:39 PM
Dec 2018
epicyarnboy said:
HelaLove said:

Rhete said:
I also had never heard of this show until XV started airing and just binged all 5 seasons

Oh my God you two are awesome O_O.
Sep 28, 2019 1:44 PM
Aug 2015
HelaLove said:
epicyarnboy said:

Rhete said:

Oh my God you two are awesome O_O.

Symphogear is too awesome to not want to watch it all
Sep 28, 2019 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
Fun fact: Seven songs brought together to save the world

Seven years to bring this series to this point where it could end across five seasons.

Nice. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do without Symphogear in my life. I more than likely will binge the entire series again and again because it is definitely in my top 10. It was truly an amazing ride that was more than just a simple anime, it was the definition of art that combined so much talent into one project. I feel like the ending isn't that resolved...you still have a "What happened to the Gears?" "What future entails for the users and for SONG?" Like a proper epilogue to send off the characters would be nice but all I can say is...thank you for the past 7 years.

Now then...time to go work on a tribute art piece to Symphogear and do a guitar cover of Metanoia. Feel free to add me or message me for links once it's done.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 28, 2019 2:26 PM
Apr 2019
Noooooohhhhh ils finissshhh nowwww !!!!!
Sep 28, 2019 2:28 PM

Oct 2014
DedPanda said:
Fun fact: Seven songs brought together to save the world

Seven years to bring this series to this point where it could end across five seasons.

Nice. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do without Symphogear in my life. I more than likely will binge the entire series again and again because it is definitely in my top 10. It was truly an amazing ride that was more than just a simple anime, it was the definition of art that combined so much talent into one project. I feel like the ending isn't that resolved...you still have a "What happened to the Gears?" "What future entails for the users and for SONG?" Like a proper epilogue to send off the characters would be nice but all I can say is...thank you for the past 7 years.

Now then...time to go work on a tribute art piece to Symphogear and do a guitar cover of Metanoia. Feel free to add me or message me for links once it's done.

Just got to wait till Symphogear Live 2020 to find out about the franchise's future.
Sep 28, 2019 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
Bye bye, Symphogear, it was sure a nice ride.
Sep 28, 2019 2:45 PM

Mar 2011
I'm lost of words, I don't know what to say, except I love Symphogear so much
Sep 28, 2019 3:17 PM

Mar 2008
That was fucking awesome. The final battle between Hibiki and Miku was intense. I loved all the x-drive gears. I feel so dead inside right now knowing there will not be anymore seasons.
Sep 28, 2019 3:49 PM

May 2015
This was a pretty decent episode. The Shem Ha fight was WAAAAAAY too short though for being the final fight of the entire franchise. Half an episode really?!?! Adam got at least 3 building up his fight.

They tried to make up for Miku's little involvement at the end there but too little too late in my opinion. However she did look absolutely beautiful in that gear with what looked like a vail. Sucks we didn't get a song from her.

Miku is the biggest disappointment of XV with her having WAAAY too little screen time especially towards the end. I hoped we'd get Miku gear in like episode 11 or 12 so she could fight more.

This episode kind of just felt rushed but I guess Symphogear does that a ton anyway so whatever.

But that last scene though. We've been waiting for sooooo long to finally here what these "feelings" that Hibiki and Miku have AND THEY END WITH THAT SHIT!!!! Seriously what a cop-out! JUST TELL US!!! That felt unsatisfying as hell being a humungous HibiMiku fan. You literally just had to put three words in and it would be great.

I was hoping they'd at least make up for Miku not being around much by making them kiss or something which they even teased but NOPE!

Overall XV was greatly disappointing final season but It had its good stuff like animation and music.

Im going to go re-watch season 1 to relive my original Symphogear hype then I might re-watch XV as I might be more forgiving of it after a re-watch. (Probably wont be)
DarknessRealitySep 28, 2019 3:54 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 28, 2019 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
It was pretty undeniable that they love at other, but i really wouldn't mind at least a kiss, I mean come on. But this season was really, really good and surely I will miss this project.
removed-userSep 28, 2019 4:34 PM
Sep 28, 2019 5:19 PM

Jun 2010
I'm not crying, I'm not crying. It's just the rain. XD
The Zesshou scene made my cry so much. So sad it has ended now.
Luckily I have XDU, the smartphone game, to keep me occupied.
Sep 28, 2019 5:54 PM

May 2015
Yandere-Dragon said:
Normally they add spinoff extras when they release the BDs, maybe we'll see Hibiki and Miku affirm their feelings there...
I've been following this series for several years now and I gotta say it will be greatly missed.

Yeah Im really looking forward to see that. Its my last hope to see their "feelings".

In the OVAs as well they've had a lot more fun and embraced the characters gayness XD. Particularly Miku is way more open in the OVAs than she is in the series. Like that one scene where she's taking pictures of Hibiki on the beach lol.

Cant wait for those and for them to elaborate on these "feelings" they built up all of XV.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 28, 2019 6:47 PM

Jul 2015
HelaLove said:
epicyarnboy said:

Same. All five seasons in three weeks. Was a joyful ride, but sometimes it goes over the top.

Sep 28, 2019 6:51 PM

May 2015
ANIMATION OVERLOAD! And I didn't expect Carol to get in on the fight too!

METANOIA? More like SHINING FINGERRRR!!!!!

THEY DID NOT! AND WHY DOES MIKU'S HEADGEAR LOOK LIKE A WEDDING VEIL!?

Woohoo! We get to see everyone again! And aww, Fine and Enki. Man, if they were going to pull them out, I was hoping that they would have used the past characters as stands for the gears, silently supporting them during the final battle. It would have been even more epic and emotional that way.

Symphogear XV....well what can I say? It's Symphogear being Symphogear. XV was defintely iffy in some parts, but they definitely put all their work into the animation and all the colors in this last episode despite the surprisingly consistent animation quality that this season has put out. And for being the last episode of the series, it leaves that feeling that there's even more to come. I'm expecting all kinds of OVAs to be made, and now that the series is over, they can take all the time they need to make them. Looks like XDU is going to get a lot of content before Symphogear Live 2020. We can only wait and see now. It's just so unfortunate that I had to lose an ear this year, so I couldn't appreciate the music as much, but I really thank Satelight for creating Symphogear and having me experience it. I hope this sells well so that Satelight can get some leverage for the future. Thank you Symphogear staff.

Final Verdict: Nana/7
TarotistSep 28, 2019 6:59 PM
Sep 28, 2019 7:11 PM
Dec 2018
Tarotist said:
It's just so unfortunate that I had to lose an ear this year, so I couldn't appreciate the music as much, but I really thank Satelight for creating Symphogear and having me experience it. I hope this sells well so that Satelight can get some leverage for the future. Thank you Symphogear staff.

Seriously, that's sad but now are you ok?
Sep 28, 2019 8:44 PM
Jul 2015
This was the ending Symphogear deserved, except.

1 Crunchyroll didn't translate the damn songs. Hopefully they go back a fix that.
2 Just let them confess already. It's not even a matter of liking the ship or not. After all of that build up, and them both wanting to confess feeling they haven't had the guts to put into words, anything else would have been out of left field.
Sep 28, 2019 10:27 PM

Nov 2018
Walker-Vargas said:

1 Crunchyroll didn't translate the damn songs. Hopefully they go back a fix that.

Yeah, that annoyed the crap out of me. There have been translations for all the songs up til now; why not for the final ep?
Sep 28, 2019 11:36 PM

Oct 2007
Carol is really an important character this final season.
Without her they would all get turned to silver or if they survived the silver attack.. they're all still fucked, because they won't know how to properly destroy the core of ygdrassil if Carol did not tell Elfnein how to do it. Also turning silver into gold is badass!

Shem-ha saved Hibiki in the end. I guess she was befriended too.

Hibiki Miku ship sailed at last. Waited years for this. :)
Sep 28, 2019 11:37 PM

Oct 2007
HelaLove said:
Tarotist said:
It's just so unfortunate that I had to lose an ear this year, so I couldn't appreciate the music as much, but I really thank Satelight for creating Symphogear and having me experience it. I hope this sells well so that Satelight can get some leverage for the future. Thank you Symphogear staff.

Seriously, that's sad but now are you ok?

the subs from deadfish have all the songs translated. So just have to wait for them to have episode 13.
Sep 29, 2019 6:14 AM

Jul 2017
What this show was back then, and what it is now... WHAT. A. FUCKING. IMPROVEMENT

Everything about this season was epic, i don't even remember a time when i DIDN'T have a single goosebump in every episode. That has got to say something of how i feel about this season already, right? Everything was wild, action packed, story driven, character driven... DAMN! It didn't even catch a break, and that's just how i love it!

It's a solid 9/10, definitely one of the best anime airing this year, i dare say it.
Sep 29, 2019 11:29 AM
Jul 2019
DarknessReality said:
This was a pretty decent episode. The Shem Ha fight was WAAAAAAY too short though for being the final fight of the entire franchise. Half an episode really?!?! Adam got at least 3 building up his fight.

They tried to make up for Miku's little involvement at the end there but too little too late in my opinion. However she did look absolutely beautiful in that gear with what looked like a vail. Sucks we didn't get a song from her.

Miku is the biggest disappointment of XV with her having WAAAY too little screen time especially towards the end. I hoped we'd get Miku gear in like episode 11 or 12 so she could fight more.

This episode kind of just felt rushed but I guess Symphogear does that a ton anyway so whatever.

But that last scene though. We've been waiting for sooooo long to finally here what these "feelings" that Hibiki and Miku have AND THEY END WITH THAT SHIT!!!! Seriously what a cop-out! JUST TELL US!!! That felt unsatisfying as hell being a humungous HibiMiku fan. You literally just had to put three words in and it would be great.

I was hoping they'd at least make up for Miku not being around much by making them kiss or something which they even teased but NOPE!

Overall XV was greatly disappointing final season but It had its good stuff like animation and music.

Im going to go re-watch season 1 to relive my original Symphogear hype then I might re-watch XV as I might be more forgiving of it after a re-watch. (Probably wont be)
Despite it’s flaws. XV was great experience. The Symphogear franchise has my spot in my all time anime franchises of all time. We still have the newest Symphogear Live coming soon, and who knows? Maybe they might tease a new season, movie, or a new generation of gears. Aoi Yuuki, Nana Mizuki and the rest of the cast kicked ass these past seven years with their acting and singing chops. I still appreciate your thoughts on this season. Twas a fun seven year ride.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» New Symphogear project announced

Monkiesmata - Nov 20, 2022

12 by removed-user »»
Apr 9, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

42 by rsc-pl »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

52 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2019

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:01 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2019

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.