Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 19, 2019 8:44 PM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
Crocospect22 said:
What happen to isekai anime, once it was one of my favorite genre, but now they keep producing terrible production like this lately..

Not sure what you mean? This is an above average isekai, the milf isekai is also very good and then there is kenja which is the GOAT. Shield hero easy top 5 for most people. Arifureta is pretty good as well if you can get past the cgi Slime isekai is up there as well. I would say this is easily the best year of isekai ever.

Wow, if this is what you call above average isekai, then I'm not sure if I want to go back to the genre next season. As a series, this thing fails horribly in storytelling.
Aug 19, 2019 9:33 PM
Apr 2019
tiwibo said:
elementex said:

Not sure what you mean? This is an above average isekai, the milf isekai is also very good and then there is kenja which is the GOAT. Shield hero easy top 5 for most people. Arifureta is pretty good as well if you can get past the cgi Slime isekai is up there as well. I would say this is easily the best year of isekai ever.

Wow, if this is what you call above average isekai, then I'm not sure if I want to go back to the genre next season. As a series, this thing fails horribly in storytelling.

The isekai genre has never been about storytelling, not a single one of them has awesome storytelling. So maybe you shouldn't have started with the isekai genre to begin with.
Aug 19, 2019 10:09 PM
Jun 2019
elementex said:
tiwibo said:

The isekai genre has never been about storytelling, not a single one of them has awesome storytelling. So maybe you shouldn't have started with the isekai genre to begin with.

No awesome storytelling. 10/10. Uh yeah. Because there's no storytelling needed to tell a fantasy world of warriors and magic. I thought you came from watching FMA. Does it not have storytelling? And there are a couple of isekai I can hold with at least a decent regard with storytelling: Shield Hero and Slime. Those I can remember, even though Slime's second half got hit a bit because it rushed there but I still have more than enough to follow its season 2.

Going back to Cheat, what is it even trying to achieve? Be a laidback series or one that has themes to anchor its viewers/readers? Because to me, it's trying to do the latter unlike Mago. And yet, for some reason, it showed way less things than Mago. Its storytelling in a nutshell is like this: Someone woke up and went to a convi-shop. As he walked across the street, a car ran out of control and charged straight towards him. Then, he made it back home and went to bed.

Mind you that I wrote a similar essay homework when I was 12. This is what I get and you said that it's not for me? This thing shouldn't be for anyone including you. It's made with a clear intent to kill brain cells.
Aug 19, 2019 10:53 PM

Feb 2019
Kayleon said:
Superns18 said:
say what you will about this being generic isekai trash, I like it and it's popular in Japan so.

They can all rant but at the end of the day, it is popular so the trend will continue. Producers doesn't give a fuck about MAL.

facts, it sells here and that is all that matters. It's not made for MAL and reddit users
Aug 19, 2019 11:17 PM

Jul 2014
elementex said:
Crocospect22 said:
What happen to isekai anime, once it was one of my favorite genre, but now they keep producing terrible production like this lately..

Oh you again, just get lost from my sight since i am not interested with troll..
Aug 20, 2019 6:50 AM
Aug 2018
Crocospect22 said:
elementex said:

Oh you again, just get lost from my sight since i am not interested with troll..

Hey, don't be too hard on him. He has to work overtime promoting shitty anime for his studio bosses to provide for his family.😂
Aug 20, 2019 4:56 PM
Jun 2019
DjangoUnchained2 said:
Crocospect22 said:

Hey, don't be too hard on him. He has to work overtime promoting shitty anime for his studio bosses to provide for his family.😂

Well, he did claim that his salary in a week is higher than some of ours in a month. That's pretty lucrative.
Aug 25, 2019 9:18 PM

Apr 2018
All anime cliches in one anime lmao
Aug 26, 2019 11:55 PM
Aug 2019
Aim1rR said:
I think it isn't enough monster to defeat them hha

I enjoyed Rin's scientific magical skill combo, in other animes, no one used like this magic before

Kenja Mago ep 1, when Shin combined hydrogen and oxygen at high temperature into his magic to cause a big explosion
Aug 27, 2019 11:57 AM

Jul 2014
Of course there was something missing from this show, lolis. Twin Lolis no less! I mean, they're cute and they'll probably be on the good side, but moments before they were saying that the goblins were going to rape women and kill men and children. I don't know if they were aware of what they were saying or not tbh.

Rin's idea sounded good but the actual execution seemed overcomplex for nothing. At one point I was waiting for her to simply shout "Explosion".

The Taichi x Ana ship is strong and I like it. I really like Ana.
Aug 28, 2019 3:53 AM
Aug 2019
We are now half-way through the series already...Doesn’t time just fly by when you’re having fun, lol! ^_^
Sep 24, 2019 1:01 PM

Jan 2016
There were so many other spells Rin could've used that would have probably been more affective than making a literal cooking pot.
Nov 14, 2019 2:40 PM

Sep 2012
SkyLETV said:
Of course there was something missing from this show, lolis. Twin Lolis no less! I mean, they're cute and they'll probably be on the good side, but moments before they were saying that the goblins were going to rape women and kill men and children. I don't know if they were aware of what they were saying or not tbh.

Rin's idea sounded good but the actual execution seemed overcomplex for nothing. At one point I was waiting for her to simply shout "Explosion".

The Taichi x Ana ship is strong and I like it. I really like Ana.

i bet he ends up with harem including their sensei
Feb 1, 2020 11:20 AM

Jul 2015
those loli's are cute and all but what they just said was terrifying as hell with their "goblins are going to rape all women and kill all men", at least they are on Taichi's side now

Apr 17, 2020 4:25 AM

Feb 2018
Goblan--goblin where rape scene lol.
Sep 26, 2020 6:52 AM
Aug 2020
I did actually think this was a good episode
Sep 25, 2022 1:10 PM

Mar 2020
I think, I'm the only one rewatching this story when I don't like it! xD (I thought, Oh boy, I'm going to watch all the isekai I've seen so far for the joke 😂 but getting to this one I'm starting to regret it) :3
Jan 28, 2:15 PM
Dec 2014
This feels so hollow…
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

100 by Talamare »»
Aug 24, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

67 by Tyujg »»
Apr 2, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

221 by Tyujg »»
Apr 2, 3:36 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

40 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

32 by Seabury »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.