Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 13, 2009 3:43 AM

May 2009
Whether it was from the moment Sheryl fell into Alto's arms or during their first date. Please share when exactly you called this pairing your MacF OTP.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 14, 2009 2:08 PM

Jul 2008
To be honest I did not fall for Ranka's moe blobness and I wanted Alto X Sheryl from Episode one. I think what sealed the deal for me the most ( to the 100th power) was that moment in your avatar Steshin.

異国色恋浪漫譚
Jun 27, 2009 5:07 PM

Jul 2007
i started to like this couple when ranka started to become famous, i think they look more better as a couple and ranka is too childish >.> lol
Jun 28, 2009 9:38 PM

May 2009
I was attracted to the idea of Arusheri in episode 5, but given Sheryl's celebrity status, I didn't believe she was serious with Alto. Episode 6 changed things and cemented me as an Alto/Sheryl fan. X3
Aug 14, 2009 5:27 PM

Aug 2007
In all honesty, I think I liked them together since ep 3 onward (So I'm a sort of pseudo early adopter :p). I tend to like the whole older woman/younger man dynamic a lot, as well as really playful, flirty women with more serious and stern guys, and plus, I honestly felt mildy sparks from as early as the first episode :p. Plus, mature women >>>>>>>>> Underdeveloped little girls, both emotionally and physically :p.
Aug 14, 2009 7:28 PM

May 2009
Alto and Sheryl are a fun couple who manage to keep depth and seriousness. How I love 'em~ ♥
Aug 19, 2009 7:13 AM

Aug 2009
even before I watch MF I already like Sheryl better...xD
I saw one AMV from whisperedreloaded where the focus is Ranka, but I can't help but like the other girl (sheryl) more...xD
---**avatar by armads in abyssalchronicles**---
Sep 5, 2009 11:04 PM

Jul 2008
Around episode 5/6 for me =)
Ranka is a nice character, but she's just too childish >.>
Sheryl is more serious and mature. I see a lot of depth in her character ^.^
Sep 6, 2009 5:31 AM

Dec 2008
Right when that scene,where they couldnt get out,Sheryl's dress fall off accidentally i said to myself this pairing is gonna turn out cute xD And the episode where they kind of had a date,i was already into this couple ^^
Sep 14, 2009 9:52 AM
eyebrows nerd ★

Jun 2009
hmmm... I started to like it before I watched this anime, I just saw some cute pics with them together and because of that I started to watch this anime <3
though I was little dissapointed when Ranka showed up and screw SherylxAlto T~T

【 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙪𝙢 𝙨𝙚𝙩 𝙗𝙮 ꜱʜɪꜱʜᴏᴜ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sep 21, 2009 7:28 AM

May 2009
I was disappointed with Ranka throughout the series (stemming from episode 5 with how she treated Ozma and Michel). IMHO, Ranka really wasn't much of a rival for me. She always had to be pushed to make a move. Then there's the difference in chemistry. Compare the scene of Alto and Sheryl in his room in episode 16--then compare it to Alto and Ranka's scene in episode 17. There is a world of difference there for me.
And while I usually don't mind if the girl looks childish for the male love interest, coupled with a childish and immature personality makes it impossible for me to like a couple. Ranka still needs to grow and learn before she decides to have a relationship with anyone.
Sep 21, 2009 10:59 AM

Dec 2008
You couldnt have said better x) I also think there's a huge gap between these two pairings,everything was so obvious. I think Ranka knows that too. Their relationship is nothing more than a close friendship or a brother-sister relationship,for me at least. She is there just to make this love triangle go on and yeah,she ruins everything between them and make it difficult for Alto to fully focus on Sheryl.
Sep 21, 2009 11:13 AM
eyebrows nerd ★

Jun 2009
but Ranka in the end said that she won't give up so easily both in love and as singer >.<
omg, why did it end like that T~T
and somebody knows if that movie will be a remake or sequel? XD

【 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙪𝙢 𝙨𝙚𝙩 𝙗𝙮 ꜱʜɪꜱʜᴏᴜ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sep 21, 2009 10:42 PM

May 2009
I seriously have a hard time picturing Alto changing his mind and honor just because of a silly "I won't lose" declaration from Ranka (which by the way, he didn't hear). Also, another note is that Ranka's declaration is a common line used by rivals who always lose in various mangas and animes.
Sep 25, 2009 9:50 AM

Aug 2007
Even going from just all that, I tend to think of Frontier as the Gundam SEED of the Macross franchise (A pseudo remake to get the franchise better recognized with new peopple), and if you go by the whole Alto And Sheyrl = Hikaru and Misa thing, then Ranka is the Minmey without any of her good traits (Not just because Kawamori spoils her rotten) and Berera is Kaifun, but without the things that make Kaifun an unlikeable dick. So even from that standpoint, there was never a chance with Ranka, although like everyone else here, it would have been better to have solid comformation as opposed to us just putting the pieces together like we have been, because the flame wars on places like animesuki still don't stop :(.

Also like Stesh said, despite all the crap Alto gets from the anime community, he's a good lead and he has a lot of honor and pride (Basically, very traditionally japanese) and I highly doubt he'd change his mind and go with Ranka after all the stuff that went on with him and Sheyrl when she wasn't around and cause of the falling out they had (Coming to the realization that they don't understand each other at all). If he did however, then Kawamori just loses a lot of respect from the fan community and probably his own staff.
Oct 30, 2009 1:59 AM

Oct 2009
first i saw sheryl. accidently i fell in love with her, and, she's very match with alto i think.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Official Alto/Sheryl Discussion

steshin - Jun 13, 2009

8 by KiraYamato44 »»
Dec 23, 2009 5:31 AM

» Fanfiction

steshin - Sep 21, 2009

1 by steshin »»
Sep 21, 2009 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.