Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2019 12:09 PM
Sep 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I've had a hard time getting to the ending of this episode without triggering a heart attack. Holy shit.

This episode was packed. By far the most packed one thus far, moreso than anything this season or S1 could offer. And it was damn good. Been on the edge of my seat for 20 minutes straight.
Mar 18, 2019 12:32 PM

Aug 2012
I'm just glad we get to see more of Kaban.
Mar 18, 2019 12:55 PM

Aug 2018
Well after seeing this week’s episode, it was better. There may be redemption for Doggo in the next two weeks.

I did like the new friends this week, especially Bat-Eared Fox, and the two flying friends who were in a philosophical spirit early on. Does anyone know what they were? I don’t.

Even with those nice things said, there is a streak of a mean spirit in this Second Season, that wasn’t in the first. It’s as though the series gained the whole world and lost its own soul.
Mar 18, 2019 1:17 PM
Jan 2013
Good episode, best one so far
I'm now pretty intrigued about how they're closing things up
gone bai bai
Mar 18, 2019 2:32 PM
Aug 2012
And so, comes a super big ceruleam from the sea, takes onto the pic that kyururu did of everyone, from there is the "Kars cerulean" is born or it divde into each friend, then they come to conquer the land while taking kyururu as hostage/core of the kars/army cerulean, and then comes the dog with a note to serval that is a clue of..., then episode 12 next.

Probably epsiode 12 after defeating the cerulean, note is about humans moving out and leaving a note to protect the dog or something, then kaban says to kyururu she comes from another island or that visited other islands and she goes on a global trip (aka 1 or2 islands and back).
Mar 18, 2019 3:58 PM
Sep 2017
NoviSun said:
Well after seeing this week’s episode, it was better. There may be redemption for Doggo in the next two weeks.

I did like the new friends this week, especially Bat-Eared Fox, and the two flying friends who were in a philosophical spirit early on. Does anyone know what they were? I don’t.

Even with those nice things said, there is a streak of a mean spirit in this Second Season, that wasn’t in the first. It’s as though the series gained the whole world and lost its own soul.

They sing the endings, under the name "GothicXLuck"
Mar 18, 2019 10:37 PM

Dec 2018
FINALLY A GOOD EPISODE
poor doggers
Mar 19, 2019 9:01 AM

Feb 2016
I believe they are making the anime and changing things on the go. This episode was an infodump an all or nothing attempt to build the plot that they didn't advance in the previous 9 episodes. Let's see if it works.

Some moments:

Kyururu, a minute ago doggie was beaten right here, isn't it a bad idea to split up?

Wow, Serval knows how to read now.

The popular ones would be the first to sell. So serval/caracal plushies are the unpopular ones!

Not a dialogue, this is talking to the mirror.

I don't know what Kaban was thinking when she had all the time to prepare and double check before trying to create a powerful monster in an obviously small flask and no way to fight back. I wonder how she has survived until now.

Kyururu being mean because, kyururu.

A funny note about nicosei ratings: The "good" votes almost doubled, reaching 5.3% this week, which sounds "Go-mi", so some people saying "Yeah, I knew it was Gomi" (gomi means trash). Let's see if the 2 episodes left are enough to end with a decent score!
Azumi-teiMar 19, 2019 9:08 AM
Mar 19, 2019 10:24 AM
Jan 2013
Azumi-tei said:
Wow, Serval knows how to read now.
Kyururu was the one who said that line of dialogue though
gone bai bai
Mar 19, 2019 1:14 PM
Sep 2017
I believe they are making the anime and changing things on the go.

Jesus Christ, you're so dense it hurts. Episode preview for this episode has been lingering around since before 8 aired, and all the way back in 6 the director specifically alerted that there would be a speed up in pacing by 10.

Not to mention animation/voice acting/backgrounds can't be done in the span of a few weeks. Virtually every short anime (<30 episodes) nowadays is done by the time its first episode is shipped.

The popular ones would be the first to sell. So serval/caracal plushies are the unpopular ones!

Pay closer attention and realise the plushies' availability are based on their IUCN score for conservation. Servals and Caracals are LC, the Habu is threatened and Passenger Pigeons have gone extinct.
Mar 19, 2019 2:33 PM

Apr 2012
Now a neek can't even draw Friends on her sketchbook in peace, what kind of plot twist is that.

Passenger pigeon was pretty cute, F.

Habu was nice, I'm missing tsuchinoko.
Mar 19, 2019 5:52 PM

Feb 2016
SoldusJK said:
I believe they are making the anime and changing things on the go.

Jesus Christ, you're so dense it hurts. Episode preview for this episode has been lingering around since before 8 aired, and all the way back in 6 the director specifically alerted that there would be a speed up in pacing by 10.

Not to mention animation/voice acting/backgrounds can't be done in the span of a few weeks. Virtually every short anime (<30 episodes) nowadays is done by the time its first episode is shipped.

I know, it seems weird. But then we have minor edits like in season one the tires in the bus spinning until later episodes, and in this season opening, the lightning and retouches to the opening around chapter 5, and the variable frame rate present in the first episodes and gradually getting better, and almost nonexistant this episode. The anime has been fighting for better acceptance all this season, and this episode does feel different than the previous ones. So it's possible.

Pay closer attention and realise the plushies' availability are based on their IUCN score for conservation. Servals and Caracals are LC, the Habu is threatened and Passenger Pigeons have gone extinct.

I don't think anyone knows the IUCN score of every animal even if they paid attention, but your source might be not so right. Habu is not threatened, giant pangolin and and armadillo are less threatened than the pandas yet we don't see them, etc. Even so, it's a nice detail to view it that way.

Another question I have is this map:

It looks different from the traditional map of Japaripark, and it's from a book (so it was printed when humans still were around, etc). Maybe this isn't Japari park?
Mar 19, 2019 6:03 PM

Nov 2013
That was an interesting hotel, being partly under water. I wonder how Serval and Caracal reached it, since they can't swim and Caracal is afraid of water.

I don't know what Dog did exactly, but I'm quite sure that it will be important.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 19, 2019 6:27 PM
Sep 2017
I know, it seems weird. But then we have minor edits like in season one the tires in the bus spinning until later episodes, and in this season opening, the lightning and retouches to the opening around chapter 5, and the variable frame rate present in the first episodes and gradually getting better, and almost nonexistant this episode. The anime has been fighting for better acceptance all this season, and this episode does feel different than the previous ones. So it's possible.

Yeah, but those are entirely visual edits that don't touch the rest, which include writing and voice acting, and can be done fairly easily. Even then, Season 1 took six episodes to change the wheels, so it's not quite quick either.

It looks different from the traditional map of Japaripark, and it's from a book (so it was printed when humans still were around, etc). Maybe this isn't Japari park?

While I don't discard the possibility (just really unlikely), I don't think so - this looks very much like part not far from that big black maelstrom.
Mar 24, 2019 2:46 PM

Nov 2013
the part with the plushies was really fun =D
"oh this looks like Caracal"
"oh really? well these look like Serval"
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 17, 2019 6:06 AM

Jul 2008
Azumi-tei said:

Map from this episode is almost fit to the center of traditional map.

// Traditional map is the Globe of Japan by the way.
Nov 5, 2021 2:19 AM

Feb 2020
I loved that hotel and how luxurious and beautiful place it was. Serval and Caracal had so much fun together. :3

Those plushies were so adorable.

Cute drawing.

SerafosDec 24, 2023 9:24 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrAwesome2018 - Apr 1, 2019

69 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:22 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 7 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Feb 25, 2019

17 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 2 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Jan 21, 2019

25 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:38 AM

» I want to forget all this!!!!!

SakurakoMikage - Mar 8, 2023

3 by SakurakoMikage »»
Mar 12, 2023 3:51 AM

» is there any link to this Anime?

KhoaVN - Aug 13, 2022

2 by KhoaVN »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.