Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2019 7:45 AM

Mar 2013
Honestly, I thought it would be way worse than that. Friends are more fat now, thats what happen when you eat too much japari buns !
I almost exploded when they used the "dont eat us" line... And that Kaban reference !
They have decided to re-use the ost of the original, it can be seen as being lazy but I loved the soundtrack so I will not complain about that.
Overall I will wait and see if they can somehow make it at least a good anime.

MrAwesome2018 said:
If they don't add the animal facts from the zoo back, i'll lower the score by 5 points...

Also this.
Jan 15, 2019 8:35 AM
Sep 2017
MrAwesome2018 said:
If they don't add the animal facts from the zoo back, i'll lower the score by 5 points...

They did, and it had NatGeo instead of a call to random zoos. Sadly, western simulcasts cut that off because they wanted to avoid the legal paperwork of streaming NatGeo content. In the original Japanese airing, they remain, though.
Jan 15, 2019 8:38 AM
Sep 2017
Tanma said:
Honestly, I thought it would be way worse than that. Friends are more fat now, thats what happen when you eat too much japari buns !
I almost exploded when they used the "dont eat us" line... And that Kaban reference !
They have decided to re-use the ost of the original, it can be seen as being lazy but I loved the soundtrack so I will not complain about that.

MrAwesome2018 said:

Also this.

As I mentioned above - sadly, this part was cut off in western simulcasts and most downloadable/browser subs ended up removing them too.

Also, there's quite a bit of new BGM in addition to the old one. Note the one that plays when the drill Cerulean shows up, or the one right before the opening when Kyururu wakes up. I found it interesting that they're remastering old ones and mixing in new ones - the perfect balance, imo.
Jan 15, 2019 9:14 AM

Mar 2013
SoldusJK said:
Tanma said:

Also this.

As I mentioned above - sadly, this part was cut off in western simulcasts and most downloadable/browser subs ended up removing them too.

Also, there's quite a bit of new BGM in addition to the old one. Note the one that plays when the drill Cerulean shows up, or the one right before the opening when Kyururu wakes up. I found it interesting that they're remastering old ones and mixing in new ones - the perfect balance, imo.
Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for the info !
Jan 15, 2019 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
How can the CGI animation be worse than the first season that had 10 people work on it? How many people are working on this one, 5? Or is Kadokawa under the impression that this low quality is what we liked about Kemono Friends in the first place?

At least it's not a reboot, but couldn't they have come up with a better plot instead of an obvious rehash?
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jan 15, 2019 11:12 AM
Oct 2009
Not being able to see Kaban saddens me. At least this show is still fun to watch, simple story with with charactest who have distinct personalities.
Jan 15, 2019 11:30 AM

Feb 2016
Actually the duck friend was great to me with expressions and behavior. But putting tabeinade kudasai catchphrase led to think they are plagiating S1 tricks. Lil kidds would like such tricks, so maybe it's just focused on them. But looking at new friends like duck makes me give the show a try.
Jan 15, 2019 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
SoldusJK said:
They did, and it had NatGeo instead of a call to random zoos. Sadly, western simulcasts cut that off because they wanted to avoid the legal paperwork of streaming NatGeo content. In the original Japanese airing, they remain, though.

Japan exclusive, aww that sucks...
Jan 15, 2019 2:12 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah as other have said, the writing definitely felt dumbed-down. 3D Friends models look more polished but that isn't going to carry the show. Kyururu looked weird, I imagine she's an android or something. Can't say it's even interesting considering how the character rehashes Kaban. Not sure I like the Ceruleans too, but I mean I didn't like them in the first show.

Wonder what Friend saved them, looked like a tiger in Kyururu eyes' reflection, but not sure about the mouth.

Plus no animal facts is a bloody travesty.

At least some of the cast remains unchanged (Serval, penguins, etc), so there's always that.
EratiKJan 15, 2019 2:17 PM
Jan 15, 2019 2:27 PM
Jul 2018
I will say this...

It could have been worse? but it could have been a lot better. Really my only gripe is with the way they presented the scene with Kaban from a flashback, and the way this can be interpreted is Serval forgetting about her... which kinda goes against what Kemono Friends was trying to accomplish which is building the journey, and also what matters isn't the destination, but the journey despite the end result.

I don't see myself giving it a high as hell score for now, but I can kinda get some enjoyment as it's own thing.
Jan 15, 2019 2:48 PM

Nov 2011
EratiK said:
Yeah as other have said, the writing definitely felt dumbed-down. 3D Friends models look more polished but that isn't going to carry the show. Kyururu looked weird, I imagine she's an android or something. Can't say it's even interesting considering how the character rehashes Kaban. Not sure I like the Ceruleans too, but I mean I didn't like them in the first show.

Wonder what Friend saved them, looked like a tiger in Kyururu eyes' reflection, but not sure about the mouth.

At least some of the cast remains unchanged (Serval, penguins, etc), so there's always that.

i watched on Abema and there was an animal trivia from National Geographic between breaks.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 15, 2019 3:02 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah my particular gripe was with the licensee in this case.
Jan 15, 2019 3:40 PM

Dec 2008
It wasn't bad but not as good as S1-I'm gonna give it a chance to develop being as I was a big fan of S1.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jan 15, 2019 3:47 PM
Sep 2017
EratiK said:

Appearently, it was

Wasshio said:
I will say this...

It could have been worse? but it could have been a lot better. Really my only gripe is with the way they presented the scene with Kaban from a flashback, and the way this can be interpreted is Serval forgetting about her... which kinda goes against what Kemono Friends was trying to accomplish which is building the journey, and also what matters isn't the destination, but the journey despite the end result.

I don't see myself giving it a high as hell score for now, but I can kinda get some enjoyment as it's own thing.

They'll explain that further into the story. Very unlikely they'd bring something up without planning on using it later - basic rule of storytelling. I doubt it's as simple as "she forgot", there's definetely something up.
SoldusJKJan 16, 2019 7:53 AM
Jan 15, 2019 4:16 PM

Dec 2013
That wasn't half bad, shame about Kaban tho, first season ended up on a really nice cliff hanger and having Kaban being so kick ass after what happened was great, not feeling the OP.
Jan 15, 2019 4:26 PM

Aug 2018
Since I watched the first season during the CrunchyRoll Marathon on Twitch a while ago, I still find it a shame what happend. Tatsuki did nothing wrong. Atleast from my perspectieve.

Sure, the first episode of the first season was a bit meh compaired with the rest, but I keep my expectations low for now. Atleast we have Serval back and we'll get to see the pinguins again. I hope thery will honor in some way Grape-kun (you know, our pinguin otaku that died recently), but I'll highly doubt that will happen.

But for now, eh, this is pretty bad.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jan 15, 2019 9:34 PM

Mar 2009
This was a perfectly fine episode, but it's still shitty what Kadokawa did to Tatsuki. The return of Kemono Friends should have been a huge celebration. Instead, it's kind of bitter...
Jan 16, 2019 12:55 AM

Nov 2009
Rather disappointing. Kyururu's blank stare is just...It stares into the soul. Ugh. Kyu's design is just bad. Overall though I was giving the new art direction some leeway, but the rounded designs don't really do well in motion.

But hey, Tatsuki's show, that's also airing this season, was actually pretty interesting.
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Jan 16, 2019 1:09 AM

Feb 2014
Now where's my Animal Zoo Narrator at half episode like previous one has?
Jan 16, 2019 1:53 AM

Oct 2008
Kemono Friends is back but should we really be calling this S2?
Serval has different VA? or same? cuz it feels like a different voice...
lolz AOTS?
4/5.

Jan 16, 2019 6:40 AM

Sep 2008
It was okay. But I can't bring myself to like it after what happened with Tatsuki.

Also, they refined the 3D models but lowered the framerate which actually made it look worse than the crude models with smooth animation from the first season.
5layerJan 16, 2019 7:09 AM
Jan 17, 2019 1:39 AM

Apr 2012
Aikatsu touch from its director is so obvious xD
I liked it since i like Aikatsu
Jan 17, 2019 1:47 PM
Jan 2019
Well, animation quality is the same, but i think S2 episode 1 is a little better than the S1. I think Serval forget Kaban because she has low moemory capacity or maybe an accident, because Serval follows Kaban in the end of S1 and ends in Japari Park again.
Jan 17, 2019 5:07 PM

Jul 2012
The models are more polished.
I liked how they bring up Kaban, who knows, maybe we will know more about her later, but she left Japari Park so I guess it makes sense she is not there.
But...why is Serval there? I thought she was gone too...
Japari park looks different as well, let's see how it goes.
Kyururu...I honestly hope she is not a human. At first I thought she was a pet (a parrot lol), but she draws, so I have no ideia.
A shame that we don't have the zoology trivia, but at least it is nice to know they didn't just took it off, it is the license and such. :S
So far so good for me :)

Jan 18, 2019 12:56 PM

Nov 2011
i miss sweet little kaban but this wasn't as bad as i thought it might be!
just happy for more of one of my favorites
that ending song (or is it the op??) is really cute and warm~
Jan 19, 2019 3:28 AM
Mar 2012
Meow!! I miss all these catchphrases. At least the same great VAs are back I think and that's most of the charm.
CG lines & fur/hair textures are clean & much nicer, tho the design/proportions different from s1, i feel less charming, faces oddly bloated, but maybe I'll get used to.
Serval got reborn so can't remember well?? Aww Kaban callback.
Maybe MC Kyururu some alien? Boku... possibly guy but they keep it ambiguous. Well this mc a lot less annoying compared to that other cg show.
Ducky nice new character. If characters keep bringing that KF charm then I don't mind any story or SOL, or even Aikatsu idol plot.
Good osts & op.

Jan 19, 2019 7:35 AM

Oct 2007
Why not a sequel?

I was expecting to see Serval and Kaban in the ocean together with other friends on their happy bus.

Kadokawa you get a flat 1. here you go.
Liddo-kunJan 19, 2019 2:58 PM
Jan 19, 2019 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
This doesn't exist.

lalalalalala i can't hear you lalalalalala

Joke aside, i feel for the voice actors and i hope they won't get harassed and stuff.
Grani-smithJan 19, 2019 8:21 AM
Feb 1, 2019 4:08 PM

Nov 2013
I enjoyed this episode. The character design is worse than in season 1, but that's about it.

The character interactions are as funny as usual.

I didn't notice the hubbub around the director of season 1 and I couldn't care less.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 4, 2019 6:17 PM
Jan 2016
Why people so serious cause the kadokawa scandal... Kemono friends is kemono friends. It is pure show like this. Pls don't be childish.
Nov 3, 2021 2:44 AM

Feb 2020
The notorious second season of Kemono Friends.

Well, the first episode was ok, but I'm pretty sure this is not going to be as magical and charming as the first season.

The animation and backgrounds look fine.

SerafosDec 24, 2023 9:21 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrAwesome2018 - Apr 1, 2019

69 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:22 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 7 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Feb 25, 2019

17 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 2 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Jan 21, 2019

25 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:38 AM

» I want to forget all this!!!!!

SakurakoMikage - Mar 8, 2023

3 by SakurakoMikage »»
Mar 12, 2023 3:51 AM

» is there any link to this Anime?

KhoaVN - Aug 13, 2022

2 by KhoaVN »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.