Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 14, 2019 9:57 AM

Sep 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man dat CG Cerulean looks so horrendous

About dat Kyururu girl - not really fan of her, especially her design. Looks like a cheap discount Kaban.

At least they use the same OST....but dont have any high expectations for this.

Jan 14, 2019 10:21 AM

Jul 2015

30 more characters.

Jan 14, 2019 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
the CG will take some time getting used to. there was a point when the voice and animation was out of sync. im not sure what all those cerulean are or why they turn into colorful blocks, but maybe thats because i havent watched the first season. maybe it will get better as the series progresses.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 14, 2019 12:19 PM
Jun 2016
oh looks like part 2 sorta :> They least reconize the previous human...sorta.
Jan 14, 2019 12:46 PM

Feb 2017
enjoyable first episode reminds me of the first season
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Jan 14, 2019 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
I had zero expectations, and still I was disappointed. I'll just stick with season 1 and pretend like this trainwreck never happened
Jan 14, 2019 12:50 PM
Sep 2017
Loved it, mixing new and old OST. Prefer old OP/ED but these are pretty unique - jazz opening and a pretty comfortable ending. That drill Cerulean was something and the theme playing along was great. The duck was funny. And we still have plot. Any worries I might've had are completely dispelled at this point.
Jan 14, 2019 12:54 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I first thought it was going to be awful but it's actually good
Jan 14, 2019 12:57 PM

Nov 2007
DreamingBeats said:
there was a point when the voice and animation was out of sync

Got the same impression, I thought my PC is lagging >_<

Also I thought it's going to be a sequel but it seems it's just an alternative version.
But... was there a flashback of Kaban?

Not what I expected but fun nevertheless. Friends deliver ;>

Gonna keep watching!
Jan 14, 2019 1:02 PM
Bad Opinions

Feb 2014
Despite everything that happened with the director and stuff, I still want to give this a fair shot. Even if what was done was wrong (it totally was), I can't say the show will suck just for that reason. I still want to enjoy it, but just not support the decision of the company to take the steps it did to get there. I hope the whole Kaban memory thing that Serval is going through gets answered and maybe why it wasn't a direct sequel like people were wanting. Only time will tell.
Jan 14, 2019 1:03 PM
Sep 2017
Crispmj said:
DreamingBeats said:
there was a point when the voice and animation was out of sync

Got the same impression, I thought my PC is lagging >_<

Also I thought it's going to be a sequel but it seems it's just an alternative version.
But... was there a flashback of Kaban?

Not what I expected but fun nevertheless. Friends deliver ;>

Gonna keep watching!

With that Kaban flashback, it's appearently defintely a sequel. The title refers to lost memories and I think it's not just Kyururu's, but also Serval's.

Pretty intriguing if you ask me. Personal theory - I think she was attacked by a Cerulean, returned to animal state, and became a Friend at some point later through Sandstar once more.
Jan 14, 2019 1:07 PM

Mar 2013
It wasn’t that bad, actually. New designs are creepy, however. Characters look like hellspawns starting right into your soul. I mean, first season was by no means a great-looking show, but at least it wasn’t this... unnerving.
Jan 14, 2019 1:20 PM

Jul 2015
KABAN-CHAN STILL EXISTS!!!!!
Read my comic pl0x :D
Rockerella meets Merman
Jan 14, 2019 1:41 PM

Sep 2015
Another sad chapter in the anime story has started.
Jan 14, 2019 1:46 PM
Feb 2018
Looks like it's still a sequel but not a direct one sadly. Seems watchable, not as mysterious as S1 but still okay I guess...
Jan 14, 2019 2:09 PM

Apr 2013
Disappointed. And why no one tells the protagonist that he has snot in the hair?
Jan 14, 2019 2:09 PM

Sep 2017
They don't seem to understand why season 1 was such a success. This "sequel" simply has no intrigue to keep you guessing. Ceruleans are fought off by brute force rather than by clever little trick. The whole premise provides nothing we haven't already seen in S1. (It seems that they're just trying to rehearse the whole thing with a different character...)
Jan 14, 2019 2:25 PM
Sep 2017
CHC said:
They don't seem to understand why season 1 was such a success. This "sequel" simply has no intrigue to keep you guessing. Ceruleans are fought off by brute force rather than by clever little trick. The whole premise provides nothing we haven't already seen in S1. (It seems that they're just trying to rehearse the whole thing with a different character...)

Definetely a lot more intriguing than S1, which ended the first episode with very little conflict, such as "who's Lucky" and "why does he talk to Kaban".

Now we have 1) why are the ceruleans now taking new shapes? 2) what is that huge ass crystal near the end? 3) why did Serval forget Kaban? 4) how long has it been? 5) what was that chained friend that appearently struck down the Cerulean? 6) what are Armadillo and Pangolin looking for?

And I could go on. There's definetely intrigue.
Jan 14, 2019 2:48 PM
Jan 2013
SoldusJK said:
1) why are the ceruleans now taking new shapes?
First season Ceruleans use their more bloblish abstract designs, here they chose to use the design a if the ceruleans were based on objects (like a camera on a tripod)

If sandstar falls on living thing -> Becomes friend
If sandstar falls on inorganic matter -> Becomes cerulean

gone bai bai
Jan 14, 2019 3:00 PM

Sep 2017
SoldusJK said:
CHC said:

Definetely a lot more intriguing than S1, which ended the first episode with very little conflict, such as "who's Lucky" and "why does he talk to Kaban".

Now we have 1) why are the ceruleans now taking new shapes? 2) what is that huge ass crystal near the end? 3) why did Serval forget Kaban? 4) how long has it been? 5) what was that chained friend that appearently struck down the Cerulean? 6) what are Armadillo and Pangolin looking for?

And I could go on. There's definetely intrigue.

Is that intriguing? I mean, you can watch any show and point to every character on screen and ask "who is this guy", "who is that guy", "what are they doing" and get yourself 100 questions per episode. Being intriguing is more than not immediately giving explanation for everything shown. Just watch Kemurikusa. It has done it much better.
Jan 14, 2019 3:02 PM

Sep 2017
Btw I'm glad that MAL classifies this as an alternative version to the original show rather than a sequel.
Jan 14, 2019 3:03 PM

Aug 2018
CaptainZoro said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man dat CG Cerulean looks so horrendous

About dat Kyururu girl - not really fan of her, especially her design. Looks like a cheap discount Kaban.

At least they use the same OST....but dont have any high expectations for this.
Then why are you watching it? Don't you have some lint in your navel you could work on picking out?
Jan 14, 2019 3:04 PM

Feb 2016
The CG is badly done, I hope they get a higher FPS in the next episode. It wasn't that bad, I liked the duck friend, and her using the idea of faking a weakness is the most memorable moment of the chapter.

There are a lot of attempts to copypaste what worked well in the first season!:

- Kyururu being the closest thing to kaban they could find, even the voice actress tries to sound the same and have the same reaction sounds.

- A you forgot your name, let's find the first word that pops up and that will be your name moment.

- A tabenaide kudasai scene.

- A serval opened arm pose explain moment.

- A serval can't open this but kaban can moment.

- A smart one-silly one pursuing duo: Arai-san and Fenec in season 1, Pangolin and Armadillo in season 2.

- PPP in different animation style at the end

- Serval abandons her current life to join human and guides her back home.

- Lucky boss obtained at the end of episode 1.

It's not that they couldn't do it, but repeating the exact same idea seems like trying too hard to make more of the same whithout knowing why it worked. I feel that not trying to copy season 1 going their own route would be better. I hope that they forget about explaining anything related with kaban and season 1, and instead focus on their new adventure.

We see that serval now is very, very strong, so should we feel that ceruleans are a treat now? She defeated two ceruleans with a single hit. Why do they need to run from the third one?

Even so, it was better than expected. And I believe kyururu is a boy, because he used both Boku, and Ore to refer to him(her?)self.
Jan 14, 2019 3:06 PM

Aug 2018
shiro_kai said:
And yet here you are trolling away rather than doing something useful like stealing hubcaps.
Jan 14, 2019 3:22 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
After how much hate the original got after its first episode I don't think anyone should jump to conclusions here xd

Patience
Jan 14, 2019 3:32 PM
Jan 2013
HaXXspetten said:
After how much hate the original got after its first episode I don't think anyone should jump to conclusions here xd

Patience
I meaaaaaaaan, I don't think people are mad solely through the quality of the episode alone
gone bai bai
Jan 14, 2019 3:38 PM

Feb 2017
AntonKutovoi said:
It wasn’t that bad, actually. New designs are creepy, however. Characters look like hellspawns starting right into your soul. I mean, first season was by no means a great-looking show, but at least it wasn’t this... unnerving.
weird that you feel that way i don't feel like they are in the slightest weird that you call it unnerving when it's such a lightheared series with cute animation
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Jan 14, 2019 3:40 PM

Feb 2017
Azumi-tei said:
The CG is badly done, I hope they get a higher FPS in the next episode. It wasn't that bad, I liked the duck friend, and her using the idea of faking a weakness is the most memorable moment of the chapter.

There are a lot of attempts to copypaste what worked well in the first season!:

- Kyururu being the closest thing to kaban they could find, even the voice actress tries to sound the same and have the same reaction sounds.

- A you forgot your name, let's find the first word that pops up and that will be your name moment.

- A tabenaide kudasai scene.

- A serval opened arm pose explain moment.

- A serval can't open this but kaban can moment.

- A smart one-silly one pursuing duo: Arai-san and Fenec in season 1, Pangolin and Armadillo in season 2.

- PPP in different animation style at the end

- Serval abandons her current life to join human and guides her back home.

- Lucky boss obtained at the end of episode 1.

It's not that they couldn't do it, but repeating the exact same idea seems like trying too hard to make more of the same whithout knowing why it worked. I feel that not trying to copy season 1 going their own route would be better. I hope that they forget about explaining anything related with kaban and season 1, and instead focus on their new adventure.

We see that serval now is very, very strong, so should we feel that ceruleans are a treat now? She defeated two ceruleans with a single hit. Why do they need to run from the third one?

Even so, it was better than expected. And I believe kyururu is a boy, because he used both Boku, and Ore to refer to him(her?)self.
"Even so, it was better than expected. And I believe kyururu is a boy, because he used both Boku, and Ore to refer to him(her?)self." it's gender neutral pronouns although they have their tendencies
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Jan 14, 2019 4:07 PM

Sep 2015
NoviSun said:
shiro_kai said:
And yet here you are trolling away rather than doing something useful like stealing hubcaps.

Sometimes a guy just want to enjoy the sorrow and the sadness.
Jan 14, 2019 4:18 PM

Aug 2016
The episode was pretty bad, I'll still pretend to have hope for this though since I also didn't like the first episode of season 1 that much...
Jan 14, 2019 5:15 PM

Jan 2017
That's some hardocre copy-paste from the original S1!

I give it a shot because I really liked the S1 but this......This just feels bad.

PS
Also, It's only me or that framerate is on a PowerPoint level?
Jan 14, 2019 5:19 PM

Nov 2012
Felt a bit too much like a copy of season 1 near the beginning but not a bad episode. I'm happy that Kemono Friends is still good. It was cool seeing Tiger just one-shot the cerulean on the tracks and the series still has a bit of mystery going for it
Jan 14, 2019 6:58 PM

Aug 2011
Enjoyed it. Gave me a similar feel to S1 before things really began ramping up.

Sucks the show's going to be shit on by a lot of people just because of the whole controversy no matter the quality of the show.

Also it was kinda sad to start up an episode of Kemono Friends and not be greeted with WELCOME TO YOKOSO JAPARI PARK
Jan 14, 2019 7:34 PM

Oct 2015
I guess I won't be too hasty to judge the entire series after just a single first episode. The visual is still lacking but I will stick with it. Serval is back and I'm really glad to see her, to bad she didn't remember the previous human.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 14, 2019 9:35 PM

Sep 2014
NoviSun said:

Then why are you watching it? Don't you have some lint in your navel you could work on picking out?

For science . Even its bad it doesn't mean its not entertaining.

Jan 14, 2019 11:11 PM

Feb 2016
I just realized that the human which serval forgot it's probably not kaban. Even if serval was eaten and forgot her, that wouldn't explain why everybody else forgot about kaban, even more if she became famous with all the friends, nor would it explain where caracal was during season 1.

The park also seems less destroyed than in season 1, so... the human serval remembers is either mirai, or another mirai clone (but the studio will keep it ambiguous).

This serval would not be the same serval who met kaban, but either the serval from the game, or a serval in between.
Jan 15, 2019 12:16 AM

Apr 2018
#notmykemonofriends
✧・゚:* space is the place *:・゚✧

Jan 15, 2019 12:50 AM

Mar 2015
Just a shell of it's former self unfortunately. I'll still watch it but i won't support it like i did with Kemono Friends where i bought the blurays.
Jan 15, 2019 12:52 AM

Aug 2018
Dudi4PoLFr said:
That's some hardocre copy-paste from the original S1!

I give it a shot because I really liked the S1 but this......This just feels bad.

PS
Also, It's only me or that framerate is on a PowerPoint level?
Apparently you don’t know much about power point. Or copy pasta either. Thank you for playing.
Jan 15, 2019 12:55 AM

Aug 2018
Lewd said:
Just a shell of it's former self unfortunately. I'll still watch it but i won't support it like i did with Kemono Friends where i bought the blurays.
You're breakin’ my heart. Why do I doubt you do much else other than troll during your off hours?
Jan 15, 2019 1:12 AM

Oct 2011
That was good, much better than I was expecting.

Two problems I have are as follows:
First of all I'm not sure if CGI was a good idea, it did feel like they were trying to recreate feel of first season. It did work with some of gags and mood but I'm not sure if doing it with visuals was a good idea,
And then character design - I still like how they look but they feel bit too round for my taste.

Other than that it did feel similar to first episode of previous story (it was slightly better imo) and I look forward to what is to come.
Jan 15, 2019 1:27 AM

Mar 2015
NoviSun said:
Lewd said:
You're breakin’ my heart. Why do I doubt you do much else other than troll during your off hours?

What are you talking about?

Jan 15, 2019 1:29 AM

Aug 2018
Lewd said:
NoviSun said:

Oh, I think you know.
Jan 15, 2019 1:31 AM

Mar 2015
NoviSun said:
Lewd said:

Oh, I think you know.

That i wont support it like i did the first i know. I own the blurays. I wont be buying these ones though.

EbianJan 15, 2019 1:38 AM
Jan 15, 2019 3:34 AM
Aug 2014
It's not bad, and I kinda hate that.
Jan 15, 2019 4:41 AM
Mar 2018
Another abysmal sequel to a great anime. Anyone who likes this garbage never understood what made the original so good.
Jan 15, 2019 4:47 AM

Aug 2012
If they don't add the animal facts from the zoo back, i'll lower the score by 5 points...
Jan 15, 2019 5:02 AM
Nov 2018
The cg was a little off putting but i can get used to it if the characters are this cute.
Jan 15, 2019 5:33 AM

Jun 2016
This episode seems to have fared better than I expected in the reviews, considering that Tatsuki's fairy dust is gone.

HaXXspetten said:

Patience
Keep in mind that the audience for this is limited almost entirely to people who weren't off-put by the CG of the first season. So the score of 5.0 isn't exactly undeserved.

lihle808 said:
I guess I won't be too hasty to judge the entire series after just a single first episode.
Why? There are A LOT of anime, and the overwhelming majority of those that are good are good (or at least intriguing) from their first episode. So why not judge something after the first episode. A bad anime isn't magically going to improve over the course of 3 months. The only thing that can change over time is your receptiveness to an anime's positive and negative qualities, no reason to give a second chance to a series you don't enjoy.

If you drop it after one episode, you can come back when it's more suited to your mood. If you drop it half-way through, you'll have to re-watch a whole six episodes before you get original content.
Jan 15, 2019 5:58 AM

Jan 2016
#notatsukinotanoshii
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrAwesome2018 - Apr 1, 2019

69 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:22 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 7 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Feb 25, 2019

17 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 2 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Jan 21, 2019

25 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:38 AM

» I want to forget all this!!!!!

SakurakoMikage - Mar 8, 2023

3 by SakurakoMikage »»
Mar 12, 2023 3:51 AM

» is there any link to this Anime?

KhoaVN - Aug 13, 2022

2 by KhoaVN »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.