Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2018 9:38 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the anime adaptation of Ranjou Miyake's remastered edition of Pet manga announced main cast members on Monday. Directed by Takahiro Omori (Durarara!!) with series composition by Sadayuki Murai (Boogiepop wa Warawanai: Boogiepop Phantom) and Junichi Hayama (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken) in charge of character designs at Geno Studio, the anime will debut in 2019. Amazon's Prime Video platform will also stream the anime exclusively in Japan and overseas.

Cast
Hiroki: Keisuke Ueda (Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine)
Tsukasa: Kishou Taniyama (Bungou Stray Dogs)
Satoru: Yuuki Ono (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai)
Hayashi: Yasuyuki Kase (Yozakura Quartet)

Cast Announcement

A two-part stage play adaptation for the series was also announced. The first part, Pet: Kowareta Suisou (Pet: Broken Aquarium), will run at the Sougetsu Hall in Tokyo from December 5-9. Pet: Niji no Aru Basho (Pet: The Place Where the Rainbow Is), the second part, is scheduled to run next year. Keisuke Ueda will reprise his role as Hiroki in the stage play.

The psychological thriller manga was serialized for five volumes in Shogakukan's Big Comic Spirits weekly magazine in 2002-2003. A remastered version of the volumes was published by Enterbrain (now Kadokawa) under its Beam Comix imprint between 2009-2010.

Source: Moca News
Sakana-sanSep 23, 2018 10:12 PM

Sep 23, 2018 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm..

Looks authentic...

Truly Reminds me of Ultra Heaven..
removed-userSep 23, 2018 10:19 PM
Sep 24, 2018 7:29 AM

Jan 2018
This is gonna be lit!

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Sep 24, 2018 8:59 AM
Jan 2016
Oh no, Geno Studio. I have a bad feeling about this.
Sep 24, 2018 10:46 AM

Jun 2015
I'm so fucking hyped for this.
I do hope the budget will be a bit higher than Kokkoku's, though.
Sep 24, 2018 1:46 PM

Dec 2009
This looks SOOO GOOD T__T
Sep 24, 2018 3:16 PM
May 2007
Happy for Ue-chan. PV is beautiful characters looking great.
Sep 24, 2018 3:35 PM

Apr 2014
TheServant said:
Oh no, Geno Studio. I have a bad feeling about this.
Why would you have a bad feeling about that studio? Kokkoku and Golden Kamuy are great series with character designs that are refreshing compared to the slew of moe anime.
Sep 24, 2018 7:59 PM
Jan 2016
moodie said:
Why would you have a bad feeling about that studio? Kokkoku and Golden Kamuy are great series with character designs that are refreshing compared to the slew of moe anime.

Because of the animation quality in Genocidal Organ & Golden Kamuy, which were very inconsistent at best. And I am being very generous.

Oh, & I agree, those anime's character designs are quite refreshing, but that alone cannot make an anime.

ShadowMonkey said:
I'm so fucking hyped for this.
I do hope the budget will be a bit higher than Kokkoku's, though.

So far, all of anime from Geno are all have bad/inconsistent animation. So placing the problem on the budget does not make sense. Unless you have any information about it.
Sep 25, 2018 11:50 AM

Jun 2015
TheServant said:
So far, all of anime from Geno are all have bad/inconsistent animation. So placing the problem on the budget does not make sense. Unless you have any information about it.
Of course I don't have any information about the budget. I was talking about how Kokkoku felt more like a passionate art project than a glorified commercial because while the anime was airing the manga was already finished for a minute. You could definitely see that they had the passion to make it something more than what it turned out to be (or "had" to be), which is something I can always appreciate.

I'll take an ugly show from creators who give a shit about their work over slews of half-assed drivel we get yearly from our dear money-grubbing folks over at J.C. Staff, Pierrot and Toei, to name a few.
Sep 25, 2018 7:38 PM
Jan 2016
ShadowMonkey said:
I was talking about how Kokkoku felt more like a passionate art project than a glorified commercial because while the anime was airing the manga was already finished for a minute. You could definitely see that they had the passion to make it something more than what it turned out to be (or "had" to be), which is something I can always appreciate.

Already finished for a minute? I do not understand.
And maybe you could elaborate what you saw that made you think they had the passion, because you're not exactly being clear.
Sep 27, 2018 2:02 PM

Jun 2015
TheServant said:
ShadowMonkey said:
I was talking about how Kokkoku felt more like a passionate art project than a glorified commercial because while the anime was airing the manga was already finished for a minute. You could definitely see that they had the passion to make it something more than what it turned out to be (or "had" to be), which is something I can always appreciate.

Already finished for a minute? I do not understand.
And maybe you could elaborate what you saw that made you think they had the passion, because you're not exactly being clear.
Umm... "for a minute" is a playful way of saying "for a while".
If you're not aware, most of the shows that come out every season nowadays are cheap "commercials" for on-going source materials made with not that much effort in writing or production, and their (pretty much only) purpose is selling the source material while spending the least amount of money possible in order to earn as much as they can. The studios I've mentioned previously are prime examples of this shitty practice.
Geno Studio, with their adaptation of Kokkoku, stood out from the crowd. Everything, from the OP and ED to the cinematography and refreshing direction, made Kokkoku feel like a work of art rather than a commercial, which is definitely rare nowadays. Even though the show was never exactly beautiful visually, it never felt like they were cutting costs or being lazy.

I truly hope that one day anime will once again primarily be an art form rather than a business device. Kokkoku may not have been perfect, but it was a step in the right direction and I can't wait to see what Geno Studio will be serving us next. The PV for their upcoming adaptation of Karakuri Circus (another manga that's been finished for a long time) looks absolutely stunning, and I imagine Pet is going to be awesome as well... Pet being another finished manga. For 15 years at that.
My point is, these guys aren't making anime for the money. They're making art, and I will appreciate that no matter what happens or how their shows turn out.
Sep 27, 2018 9:53 PM
Jan 2016
ShadowMonkey said:
If you're not aware, most of the shows that come out every season nowadays are cheap "commercials" for on-going source materials made with not that much effort in writing or production, and their (pretty much only) purpose is selling the source material while spending the least amount of money possible in order to earn as much as they can. The studios I've mentioned previously are prime examples of this shitty practice.
Geno Studio, with their adaptation of Kokkoku, stood out from the crowd. Everything, from the OP and ED to the cinematography and refreshing direction, made Kokkoku feel like a work of art rather than a commercial, which is definitely rare nowadays. Even though the show was never exactly beautiful visually, it never felt like they were cutting costs or being lazy.

I truly hope that one day anime will once again primarily be an art form rather than a business device. Kokkoku may not have been perfect, but it was a step in the right direction and I can't wait to see what Geno Studio will be serving us next. The PV for their upcoming adaptation of Karakuri Circus (another manga that's been finished for a long time) looks absolutely stunning, and I imagine Pet is going to be awesome as well... Pet being another finished manga. For 15 years at that.
My point is, these guys aren't making anime for the money. They're making art, and I will appreciate that no matter what happens or how their shows turn out.

I see . . . I guess I am not playful enough.
I understand that you're a fan of Geno, but those things you mention are no indications of their passion or what they've been making are more of an "art" than other anime. Though I agree that those things are positive.

I have watched the first episode of Kokkoku, it's indeed solid & uniquely put together. And I have also watched Genocidal Organ & the first episode of Golden Kamuy, those two things are far cry from Kokkoku. Especially Golden Kamuy, with the terrible directing & writing. So, yeah. My pessimistic view of this newly announced anime is not baseless.

Karakuri Circus is not made by Geno, it's made by VOLN, which has strong animation quality in their anime. And just to clear things up, all of these old mangas being adapted(Kokkoku & Karakuri Circus) were not the decision of Geno or any studio, it's the decision of Twin Engine, a newly-founded producer. Unless you have any information that proves otherwise.
Sep 28, 2018 1:28 AM

Jan 2018
Hopefully this is good, Geno studio have impressed me so far. Golden Kamuy is contender for anime of the year in my opinion, so I have high expectations of this.
Sep 28, 2018 1:47 AM

Jul 2014
Are these people fishes? Cuz that's all I got from this pv

Sep 28, 2018 11:00 AM

Jun 2015
TheServant said:
ShadowMonkey said:

I see . . . I guess I am not playful enough.
I understand that you're a fan of Geno, but those things you mention are no indications of their passion or what they've been making are more of an "art" than other anime. Though I agree that those things are positive.

I have watched the first episode of Kokkoku, it's indeed solid & uniquely put together. And I have also watched Genocidal Organ & the first episode of Golden Kamuy, those two things are far cry from Kokkoku. Especially Golden Kamuy, with the terrible directing & writing. So, yeah. My pessimistic view of this newly announced anime is not baseless.

Karakuri Circus is not made by Geno, it's made by VOLN, which has strong animation quality in their anime. And just to clear things up, all of these old mangas being adapted(Kokkoku & Karakuri Circus) were not the decision of Geno or any studio, it's the decision of Twin Engine, a newly-founded producer. Unless you have any information that proves otherwise.
Ohh, now it makes sense. That was Twin Engine's YT channel and not Geno's. My bad haha.
I'm really not too knowledgeable about the producer game, so I'm not sure about this, but even though it was Twin Engine's decision, doesn't it still mean that Geno and VOLN took the projects on themselves, after Twin's pitch?
Cuz if they did, that still supports my theory that these studios really are doing this from passion. Most other studios would probably go "get that fuck shit out of here and bring me a popular manga or a light novel targeted at otaku and we're gonna make some money".

Oh, and don't worry about direction, Pet will share a director with the stellar Durarara!!
Sep 28, 2018 1:36 PM
May 2007
ani147 said:
Are these people fishes? Cuz that's all I got from this pv

It becomes more complicated if you try reading their profiles.
Sep 28, 2018 9:39 PM
Jan 2016
ShadowMonkey said:
I'm really not too knowledgeable about the producer game, so I'm not sure about this, but even though it was Twin Engine's decision, doesn't it still mean that Geno and VOLN took the projects on themselves, after Twin's pitch?
Cuz if they did, that still supports my theory that these studios really are doing this from passion. Most other studios would probably go "get that fuck shit out of here and bring me a popular manga or a light novel targeted at otaku and we're gonna make some money".

For that, we need more information. By default, the producers pick the studio & the one who decide which anime being made. Producers & the comittee have the money, studios have the talent.
Aug 4, 2019 4:38 AM

Nov 2007
New key visual, character visuals (revealed via final show of the stage ver. today)
https://moca-news.net/article/20190804/2019080420000a_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 4, 2019 4:53 PM
May 2007
I hope stage play was a huge success. Tsukasa looks like a softie.

More topics from this board

» Romance Meets Sports: Shouya Chiba, Akari Kitou Bring Us Inside 'Ao no Hako'

tingy - Oct 25

7 by bearsday »»
2 hours ago

» 'S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu' Unveils More Cast, Staff, First Promo, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Oct 23

5 by Urayamashii »»
7 hours ago

» In Pursuit of Egoism: The Essence of 'Blue Lock'

Kineta - Oct 24

6 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 10:09 AM

» Light Novel 'Blade & Bastard' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Oct 20

11 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

» Webtoon 'The Beginning After The End' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 19

38 by Will_ns »»
Oct 25, 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.