Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 14, 2018 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
Your old guildmaster has temporarily returned.

Here is your weekly poll.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 14, 2018 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
Sayonara waifu. Sayonara gemu.
It is a secret but I do not have a waifu though I do have thousands of games.

I choose option 1.
Sep 14, 2018 4:28 PM

Aug 2017
i would there are things more important than gaming but also that doesnt mean i cant watch anime or movies or anything like that. If im married that doesnt mean i have children and that doesnt mean i have to spend 24/7 with my wife.
I said yes but i still would play games when i having 0 things to do
Sep 14, 2018 4:33 PM

Oct 2011
I say no... anyone who doesn't accept the nerdy me ain't family. *cough* u seem like a family man tho :3 I hope ur not as unlucky as my dad who abandoned all for love to find despair tho
Sep 14, 2018 8:42 PM

Dec 2013
I can still read manga, watch anime, and etc. I'll be fine since I obviously would love my partner enough to quit gaming entirely.

“Please take responsibility, okay?”

Sep 15, 2018 4:21 AM

Sep 2015
Yes!

But why would you need to quit? Maybe because you don't have time?
And what if you sometimes have some time alone by yourself, why wouldn't you game?
Sep 15, 2018 5:12 AM

Jul 2016
I dont get why you'd have to quit, They should accept you for you and your hobbies if not than they probably arent right for you.
Sep 15, 2018 7:52 AM
Nov 2015
no game no life mi bois
Sep 15, 2018 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
Kiryanna said:
I dont get why you'd have to quit, They should accept you for you and your hobbies if not than they probably arent right for you.

Well, it depends on what kind of hobbies you have.
If my special someone enjoys collecting insects or keeping snakes as pets, I wouldn't be her loved one.
And so, I am not gonna play games or have waifus...
Some hobbies are best to avoid!!!
Sep 15, 2018 1:16 PM

Apr 2015
OrihimeHikoboshi said:
Kiryanna said:

Well, it depends on what kind of hobbies you have.
If my special someone enjoys collecting insects or keeping snakes as pets, I wouldn't be her loved one.
And so, I am not gonna play games or have waifus...
Some hobbies are best to avoid!!!

If it is an addiction, something that's harmful and starts to meddling in the individual life as to make him unable to have a social life, I can understand but if it's just a hobby (something you do in your spare time, not dedicating a life to it) then I would still love the person, independent of what it is, unless of course it's something immoral.

Another thing I see in society that has to be said (and it seems to be worldwide) is that if you're addicted to something like a job or something that has to do with generating money (even through is bad for people e.g: destroys your social life,heath,family,etc) people don't complain(as much), they only complain if it's something that's unproductive (even if that person still functions in society and nobody is getting hurt), so in the common sense vision of the modern world people are biased towards what is "bad" addictions. If it's games,piano or maybe painting,etc if it's the case that you're spending over 8 hours a day or maybe more it's bad but if it's people overwork themselves (working over the 12 hour margin), only a few would complain about it(of course not saying all people but most).

In my vision, video-games should be looked at the same way we look at movies or books, if a person is addicted to movies or books, they're called cultured but if it's video-games they're called (mostly) immature,unproductive or lazy to society, there is a hypocrisy to the vision of games nowadays partly because of what I said on the last paragraph (it's not seen as something lucrative/productive to waste time in) and partly because it's a new medium. This put us into the investigation of what is the validity of games, some people (mostly gamers) want to put games as art or storytelling while the "older" generation want games to be looked at "like a juvenile thing" maybe in the same place as they would put kid's toys, I feel like (and this comes from anecdotal experience, so take that as whatever you would like) they think of it as more of a phase, rather than something of a valid art form and even through the outlook of this older generation has been reduced it can still be felt, my own father comments a lot of how this has no physical effect on my life, that it doesn't add anything to my life, and he would be right to do so but the issue is that it still has meaning to me, just like pink floyd has meaning to him.So to summarize modern society think about the materialistic and pragmatic value but forgets the metaphysical and transcendental value of the experience, our generation shares the same vision of what the early 20th century generation in how they treated movies as something ephemeral, temporary, a phase.

As far as my opinion goes, sure games are a waste of time, the same way that a book without practical value is a waste of time (and that would be about 90% of books, in a very materialistic vision) but that is not sufficient to put me into a position of neglecting the possibility of dedicating some hours of my day to games and just to be sure I think games can be a platform for story-telling but I do not think of games as art itself (we would have to take a lot of liberties to call games art and discuss what is art). I make reference here to Aristotle's in his vision of aesthetics and so that's why games don't fall into the art form for me.
EDIT: A valid argument against games and it's value comes from Jordan B. Petterson in that games functions as fantasies and a comping mechanism for both millennials and the "z" generation lack of social interaction or avoiding pain. I think is worth an honest investigation, personally I think he might be right.

A final argument. I see (and this is my vision, I might be wrong) but most women try to guilt trip men into quitting their hobbies specially games and it might be because of productivity but I think it has more to do with the stigma that game culture has even through games,nerd/otaku culture is more accepted it still has a stigma and men that come from that sub-culture are still judged. Before anybody asks I'm not a MGTOW but from my experiences I confirm that this seems to be the case.
PassionGunshiSep 15, 2018 1:50 PM

Ex-pianist, Electrical engineer student, wannabe programmer.
Sep 15, 2018 8:21 PM

Jul 2016
A final argument. I see (and this is my vision, I might be wrong) but most women try to guilt trip men into quitting their hobbies specially games and it might be because of productivity but I think it has more to do with the stigma that game culture has even through games,nerd/otaku culture is more accepted it still has a stigma and men that come from that sub-culture are still judged. Before anybody asks I'm not a MGTOW but from my experiences I confirm that this seems to be the case.[/quote]

The thing about women guilt tripping men into quitting hobbies, mostly Games I see happens sooo much and i dont get it really. But then again my job is a lot different than most people so I will never understand such things. I can see where gaming too much could have its disadvantages like with my ex, its mostly a balance thing as is most things in life.
Sep 18, 2018 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
@PassionGunshi: I think Trump should hire you; that wall is strong enough to protect the borders. lol :P

@Kiryanna: Nobody is guilt-tripping me. I just have to save money.
I already bought 102 games this year and spent over $5000.
I really shouldn't waste money like this when I am gonna end up selling them for less than 10% of the price when I move to Japan someday. I will have to re-buy most of the games I like there.
Obviously, I cannot transport 1500 games to Japan.
My wife is gonna faint if I do that. lol
Sep 18, 2018 9:34 PM

Apr 2015
OrihimeHikoboshi said:
@PassionGunshi: I think Trump should hire you; that wall is strong enough to protect the borders. lol :P

I really shouldn't waste money like this when I am gonna end up selling them for less than 10% of the price when I move to Japan someday. I will have to re-buy most of the games I like there.

Nobody said that is the case (that you are being guilt-tripped), I said it in what I generally see outside in the world (it happens to a lot of men I knew), it's not a fact and I even acknowledge it (not being a fact)...and I guess I derived the subject a little bit...but you missed my point, there's the problem of how you see games, in my vision it's either you're addicted to it or you approached as a specific medium just like people do with literally anything (when it's balanced).

Oh and the Trump thing, I don't understand, I don't even consider myself a conservative (I'm not a liberal either, well not what the Americans call "liberal"). Are you literally positing that I support the wall? Is this a tricky/rhetorical statement? Did you assume that from my Aristotelian vision of aesthetics (...and morals,analyses of politics, rhetoric, etc but that's not the main argument, I'm derailing the topic again...). If I, in the past said that I support Trump, it was more as him being a response to the establishment rather than me agreeing with his ideals. (I do like that he's cutting taxes but I extremely oppose the external economic plan).
PassionGunshiSep 18, 2018 9:40 PM

Sep 18, 2018 9:38 PM

Apr 2015
Kiryanna said:

The thing about women guilt tripping men into quitting hobbies, mostly Games I see happens sooo much and i dont get it really. But then again my job is a lot different than most people so I will never understand such things. I can see where gaming too much could have its disadvantages like with my ex, its mostly a balance thing as is most things in life.

I agree, any addiction is a bad thing be it gaming or anything else. :)

Sep 18, 2018 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
PassionGunshi said:
OrihimeHikoboshi said:

Nobody said that is the case (that you are being guilt-tripped), I said it in what I generally see outside in the world (it happens to a lot of men I knew), it's not a fact and I even acknowledge it (not being a fact)...and I guess I derived the subject a little bit...but you missed my point, there's the problem of how you see games, in my vision it's either you're addicted to it or you approached as a specific medium just like people do with literally anything (when it's balanced).

Oh and the Trump thing, I don't understand, I don't even consider myself a conservative (I'm not a liberal either, well not what the Americans call "liberal"). Are you literally positing that I support the wall? Is this a tricky/rhetorical statement? Did you assume that from my Aristotelian vision of aesthetics (...and morals,analyses of politics, rhetoric, etc but that's not the main argument, I'm derailing the topic again...). If I, in the past said that I support Trump, it was more as him being a response to the establishment rather than me agreeing with his ideals. (I do like that he's cutting taxes but I extremely oppose the external economic plan).

You are overthinking it.
It was a joke with regards to your huge wall of text. lol

PassionGunshi said:
Kiryanna said:

To be honest, I only played less than 10 hours total in 2018 on console games and portable games.
I have bought lots of games but I didn't play most of them. I just don't feel like gaming much nowadays. I feel kinda stressed out. Living with my parents and relative isn't really nice except that I am a freeloader. They keep on nagging me about "marriage" and they make it sound like I am a soon-to-be grandpa. I am very young, lol.
Sep 19, 2018 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
OrihimeHikoboshi said:
PassionGunshi said:

You are overthinking it.

PassionGunshi said:

To be honest, I only played less than 10 hours total in 2018 on console games and portable games.
I have bought lots of games but I didn't play most of them. I just don't feel like gaming much nowadays. I feel kinda stressed out. Living with my parents and relative isn't really nice except that I am a freeloader. They keep on nagging me about "marriage" and they make it sound like I am a soon-to-be grandpa. I am very young, lol.

Oh I see, man I feel so stupid for not getting the joke! 😉
In regards to the last statement, maybe what you're having (and I have it too!) it's a compulsive buying disorder a result of modern consumerism, we buy things we don't need either because of being used to do so (a habit) or because of a comping mechanism (another habit) for relief of not getting something. A book that helped-me see the problem and (kinda of) solve it was "the power of habit" is not technically scientific but it helps see where is the compulsion to buy something, psychiatric help is also a valid choice.

Anyway I don't want to push (this info) it if you don't want to, haha. Playing less already proves that you are not addicted to video-games and that's a great thing, hope you and your wife have a great future together! 😊 Oh and about your family, I'm sure they're talking about marriage with their best interest (in their own way), even through you may have your own reasons for doing whatever you're doing and remember that even through you think you're just "freeloading" there are people out in the world doing much worst things, keep your sense of self-worth high.
PassionGunshiSep 19, 2018 11:17 AM

Sep 19, 2018 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
PassionGunshi said:
OrihimeHikoboshi said:

You are overthinking it.

Oh I see, man I feel so stupid for not getting the joke! 😉
In regards to the last statement, maybe what you're having (and I have it too!) it's a compulsive buying disorder a result of modern consumerism, we buy things we don't need either because of being used to do so (a habit) or because of a comping mechanism (another habit) for relief of not getting something. A book that helped-me see the problem and (kinda of) solve it was "the power of habit" is not technically scientific but it helps see where is the compulsion to buy something, psychiatric help is also a valid choice.

Anyway I don't want to push (this info) it if you don't want to, haha. Playing less already proves that you are not addicted to video-games and that's a great thing, hope you and your wife have a great future together! 😊 Oh and about your family, I'm sure they're talking about marriage with their best interest (in their own way), even through you may have your own reasons for doing whatever you're doing and remember that even through you think you're just "freeloading" there are people out in the world doing much worst things, keep your sense of self-worth high.

lol,no.
But thank you. :)
Sep 20, 2018 11:51 AM
Feb 2017
I love to play with 3D woman XD I will still playing games and watch anime but maybe less than now.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Where are you from???

removed-user - Jan 14, 2021

6 by Hanako_San1992 »»
Jan 18, 2021 2:14 PM

» 🐝Vinroy's Ask Me Thread🐝 ( 1 2 3 )

vinroy11 - May 3, 2018

112 by vinroy11 »»
Feb 18, 2020 12:14 AM

Poll: » Langrisser: Trials of Morality

removed-user - Feb 14, 2020

5 by TiamatNM »»
Feb 17, 2020 8:25 PM

» Guildmaster Izanagi's ASK-ME Topic

removed-user - May 3, 2018

29 by removed-user »»
Feb 16, 2020 2:06 PM

» Ask Hanako san stuff. ( 1 2 )

Hanako_San1992 - May 3, 2018

73 by Exmortus420 »»
Feb 15, 2020 7:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.