Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2018 1:50 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holly shi...

That was intense. I mean I know more or less what was going to happen but, as often with this series, way it was done surprised me.
I really love how consistently great this show is.

And next week we are going mecha! I also look forward to how they are going to tie it with Emiru story, I still want this duo of dummies working together.
May 20, 2018 2:52 AM

Apr 2013
Homare's episodes are the best so far. Not that the others aren't good, but I find her episodes really compelling.
This episode really was great, with a great story, great development, great bits of animation. I really liked the two girl's relationship and how they broke from Oshimaida's power together. Really cool.

Also, I love how the Precure Franchise is going all out with the bait lately.

Also, the end of that ep wrecked me. I wasn't expecting it at all. It was kind of violent.
I can't wait for next week, ever more since it will be MECHA.
May 20, 2018 4:32 AM

Jan 2018
wow! Toei really pulled out all the stops on this episode 0.o
The little squabble between the two girls reminded me little bit of Hibiki x Kanade from Suit Precure... good memories...
superb art style and animation made the shocking revelation at the end even more impactful... especially with the sound effect as the best girl fell on concrete followed by Hana shivering at the sight... just wow...
here's to hoping for more episodes like this!
May 20, 2018 5:28 AM
Apr 2018
this is too good, this keeps being too good, this is so good each damn week, every episode brings something to the table, each episode is unique, i can't with this anime, it's my favorite of the year without a doubt. i wish people in the anime community would give this a chance. somebody needs to write a WT!

lulu's progression has been so realistic, i was afraid it would feel unbelievable but it's pretty amazing what they've done with her character.

homare x harry yeesss i knew it. there where many signals before this episode and i'm surprised not many people noticed them before. i think they are well suited for each other...

also the guy under the rain, he's the final boss i think and every scene he's in is kinda beautiful.
May 20, 2018 7:36 AM

Aug 2014
Absolutely speechless. This show just keeps getting better.
May 20, 2018 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
Wasn't expecting that ending, that's for sure.

Anyway, can't wait for the next episode as it seems Lulu is going full-on MECHA while Hana, Saya and Homare try and get her to remember...them and all that.

Also, can I just say how amazing the animation style (especially for the fight as well as Lulu falling down at the end of the episode, et cetera) was?!
May 20, 2018 4:02 PM

Jun 2013
I've only watched 3 seasons of Precure as they aired before this one, and I can easily say that this has been the most painful to be forced to wait a week between episodes. I need more. Now. (Though that's not saying much, since the 3 I watched as they aired before this were bad, then average, then awful...)

There's also no real way to lose with Ruru... either she joins them and she's still all monotone and awkward, which would be hilarious, or she joins them and shows more emotion, which would still be awkward and hilarious.

This has been one of the best seasons of Precure in several years. I hope it keeps up the good work all the way to the end. It's already a strong contender to be in my top 3.
May 20, 2018 8:16 PM
Mar 2017
I'm going to assume "Major Malfunction" was a somewhat creative Sub choice.
May 20, 2018 9:08 PM
Aug 2014
The ship sailed. I liked the music during that scene.

May 20, 2018 10:41 PM

Apr 2016
I can't believe Lulu is fucking dead
May 21, 2018 3:46 AM

May 2013
can't believe Homare love with hamster-man

good episode nevertheless. we need yuri obligatory episode between side characters like this or mahopre.
May 21, 2018 4:02 AM

Dec 2010
daaaaaaayummmmmmm best ep so far!
May 21, 2018 3:52 PM
Apr 2017
Great! But poor Lulu and Homare.... Honestly....
May 21, 2018 4:35 PM

Sep 2013
Homare x Harry, I can feel her falling for him :)
2 friedns fight but make up and lulu gets rekt saving hana.
May 21, 2018 7:02 PM
Nov 2012
dm106 said:
The ship sailed. I liked the music during that scene.

Aquarion Evol Reference (JinXYunoha)
May 21, 2018 9:30 PM

Nov 2011
This episode did not disappoint. Seriously great all around. The individual story was good, the developments with Homare/Harry were good, another very-atmospheric appearance of who I’m now suspecting as a top-tier antagonist, great developments related to Lulu, better animation than usual...

Also, tfw we’re going mecha next episode and it doesn’t feel out of place.

I’m super happy with this season so far all-around. The characters are well developed, the theme is well developed, and the action is on-point (though not quite as impressive overall as Heartcatch/Go! Princess). It’s just really quality.

Also, I really like this mystery guy since virtually every scene he appears in has nearly the level of atmosphere as the Hall of Precure in Heartcatch or the House of Dreams in Go! Princess. His atmosphere is more subtle, but it always leaves an impression. I haven’t seen that kind of charisma from a character I currently suspect as an antagonist since Dune.
May 23, 2018 10:59 PM
Oct 2016
THE BEST EPISODE EVER! THE SHIP HAS SAILED! Its been such a very long time since precure brought romance to the series. Pretty interesting though. The show is getting much better.
May 25, 2018 3:48 PM

Mar 2010
I CAN'T BELIEVE ICE SKATING PRODIGY FELT IN LOVE WITH A HAMSTER!

Really though... It's my first Precure. I started this one because I like mahou shoujo for seinen, like Madoka, Yuki Yuna or Princess Tutu, just to see how ms aimed for actual shoujo are done now and... This friggin' episode. This show is just too good for something made for little girls.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2018 6:36 PM

Oct 2014
Orzi said:

Really though... It's my first Precure. I started this one because I like mahou shoujo for seinen, like Madoka, Yuki Yuna or Princess Tutu, just to see how ms aimed for actual shoujo are done now and... This friggin' episode. This show is just too good for something made for little girls.

the director of this season is Junichi Sato, IE Princess tutu and og sailor moon.
May 25, 2018 8:28 PM

Feb 2013
AsuraDestructor said:
Orzi said:

the director of this season is Junichi Sato, IE Princess tutu and og sailor moon.

It's actually not just him since Akifumi Zako is also the director of the series.
May 25, 2018 11:14 PM

Mar 2010
AsuraDestructor said:
Orzi said:

Makes sense. I know him from his healing anime more, like Aria or Tamayura and these were really good. That explains why directing here is so good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2018 5:24 AM

May 2018
So Ruru really is a terminator, explains all her computer powers.
Damn that ending! Looks like next ep will be a great one.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 3, 2019 11:11 PM

Apr 2014
me when seeing a ship sailing with an under-aged character involved: THEYRE A CHILD

me when seeing a ship sailing with a hamster-shipshifting man: HES A HAMSTER
Oct 27, 2019 12:58 PM

Apr 2009
holy crap-
not wholly unexpected since i've somehow seen the image of Harry and Homare before, but holy crap-

what's up with the animation in these past two episodes, it's effing awesome!
and holy grap the drama and timing in this episode are impeccable too!

i don't think it'll be another Nozomi and Coco, that'll probably never happen again TwT
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Nov 13, 2019 8:40 AM

Sep 2017
This and the last episode have really felt so different from anything before? Is it my Ruru bias? Maybe. But something about the animation and comedic timing has really changed.
Also, was it just me that noticed that Mechokku was changed to "I am shooketh" in the subs
Nov 12, 2022 11:28 PM

Feb 2013
whoa, lulu had an integrated kill-switch?
Well there has to be a reason not all of criasu is robots
<-click
May 27, 11:38 PM
Jan 2017
This episode was enjoyable but it felt rushed. It staged a fight between Aki and Juuna, developed Homare (growing into a mentor + falling in love with Harry), AND confronted Ruru's inner conflict. Felt like there wasn't enough time for any of those things to sink in.
lambda-fairyMay 29, 6:20 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 37 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Oct 21, 2018

26 by Aloisssss »»
Sep 6, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 1 Discussion

ichii_1 - Feb 3, 2018

42 by NG_Chloe »»
Jan 29, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 49 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Jan 27, 2019

34 by Fuwa_san »»
Sep 28, 2023 12:09 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 36 Discussion

silverwalls - Oct 14, 2018

14 by Atsunome »»
May 24, 2023 1:07 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 13 Discussion

minimiau - Apr 28, 2018

14 by CMYK »»
Apr 5, 2023 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.