Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2018 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I actually like this new OP song slightly better than the first...

Seems the episode takes place after 4 months since that crazy incident. More crazy things have been happening around Kanto and I feel like the episode is setting up for more storytelling for rest of the season.

Apr 6, 2018 6:57 AM

Sep 2015
My theory stands correct most likely, according to japanese legend Tagitsu-hime(Yukari) is part of a group consist of 3 “Hime”/goddesses. And in the op song Yukari standing in middle of a few scene is actually depicted like a goddess, together with other 2 entities beside her. Secondly what seem to be another faction with the 2 corrupted school headmistress. Seems like a possible multiple opponents in this second half of the series.
valvravetruthApr 6, 2018 7:59 AM
Apr 6, 2018 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like things aren't over yet and trouble is still brewing around which isn't very surprising seeing what happened.
The question is now what will happen to the girls seeing they are well known things will be harder on them.
Apr 6, 2018 7:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
As a parting gift the prince caused the number of aradama to increase huh. Though it was cool seeing Kanami and Sayaka swoop in like that. Hmm i like the new opening its pretty catchy. There's bound to be questions about the sword administration in light of the events i guess. Hiyori's journey was hard but at least it wasn't alone. Seems that even with the new rule over the administration the origami family is still trying to cling to power. Not surprising that Sayaka's former master is one of the enemies. An interesting episode that showed how things have changed between the girls and the administration.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2018 7:45 AM

Jan 2012
Well it's new arc time and even four months later the cleanup from the Yukari incident isn't done. More aradama popping up everywhere and now this mysterious hooded toji collecting noro. Meanwhile we briefly check in with the girls, meet some new ones too. At least I think they were new I dunno, maybe they briefly popped up early on in the series or something I can't remember. Well I guess we gotta start slow if we're setting up new enemies. Kinda annoyed that insane lady in red somehow wasn't arrested apparently. Hopefully as the preview seems to indicate we'll focus more on best-girl Mai next week, maybe even meet her family.
Apr 6, 2018 8:43 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
And so begins the second half of the series. Some new mysterious enemies on the OP & ED as well as this hooded Toji whose identity is still unknown. Two of the Elite Guard are still here and I wonder where Maki is. She can't be the hooded Toji. Seeing the Elite Guards reminded me of Yume. I won't be seeing her anymore in this new arc. I'm really going to miss her. *sigh* :(
Apr 6, 2018 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
It’s now the start of the next exciting arc to this hugely enjoyable series!

The new mysterious hooded Toji attacking the other Toji sure is really intriguing already!
Apr 6, 2018 10:17 AM

Jun 2015
The new OP is decent. Some new characters are introduced. Four months has passed and things are not over yet now that a hooded Toji is attacking other Toji and collecting noro, that is interesting. Kaoru was amusing.
Apr 6, 2018 11:36 AM

Sep 2013
Kanami famous now and becoming too good for everyone else in sword skill :'(
Maki might have gone rogue, hiyori wavering in her mission and the noro gets better perfected by the yukari remnants.
Apr 6, 2018 3:01 PM

Dec 2016
Nice new opening for the 2nd half of this show.

By the looks of it there are multiple Toji being possessed by Aradama, could be former elite guard members.

Also looks like this new girl Ayumu could have a decent role to play, she really looks up to Kanami.

Oh no it's Yukina again, looks like she up to no good as usual.

Yeah I didn't think Hiyori would be retired for long, even if she didn't come back now she probably would have gotten dragged into all of this at some point anyway.

Pretty good start to this new arc of the anime.
Apr 6, 2018 3:06 PM

Nov 2009
Kanami spends too much time with her dead mother, it's kind of creepy.
Apr 6, 2018 3:30 PM
Jan 2017
Four months after the last battle, the main characters have kept themselves busy cleaning up Princess Tagitsu's mess. After Tagitsu retreated to the netherworld, I'm left wondering what happened to Yukari. Did she die or was she freed from Tagitsu's control? And who is the hooded figure collecting noro? It could be Maki, it could be the new girl Ayumu, or someone else entirely. The series has plenty of episodes to answer those questions, so I'm looking forward to see what happens.
Apr 6, 2018 4:31 PM

Jun 2017
Looks like the series finally found a fitting opening and ending, I am liking those already. First ones were kinda super generic.

It seems that the hooded Toji is not Maki as Kaoru suggested actually, she saw everything Tagitsu did after all. Maybe it's zombie possessed Yume?

Also what the fuck, Yukina is up to no good again. Yomi should just turn on her already for good lol.

haydnwright said:
Kanami spends too much time with her dead mother, it's kind of creepy.

Gives a whole new meaning to not being able to let go XD.
Apr 6, 2018 4:54 PM

Apr 2012
Yukina's ass isn't in prison and she's still out there plotting some nefarious stuff.
And now she's forced to rely on the "defective" Yomi.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 6, 2018 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
Awesome start better than i expected got way more set up for things to come
OP and ED are good and not too spoilery either looking forward to seeing the masked face one she looks badass.

but how the hell is this Yukina bitch not in jail meanwhile Akane is taking the L for everything

will end i'm glad once again we won't be focusing on just fighting Noro even though there's a ton of them now was my biggest worry after the opening scene
Apr 6, 2018 7:01 PM
Nov 2017
I JUST WANT TO BE FIRST TO MAKE THIS GUESS BUT THE GIRL IN THE BEGINNING AND ENDING CREDITS WITH THE MASK ON AND SNAKE LIKE EYES IS THE INSANE GIRL WHO DIED NEXT TO THE TREE.
Apr 6, 2018 8:39 PM

Jan 2017
So the last of the 5 school presidents who doesn't have a decent screen time in the first cour is gonna be an antagonist alongside that crazy Yukina huh. Interesting.

And looks like that new girl is gonna be Hiyori's rival for Kanami. Oh boy.
Apr 6, 2018 9:57 PM
Aug 2015
L-Mo-Reppin said:
I JUST WANT TO BE FIRST TO MAKE THIS GUESS BUT THE GIRL IN THE BEGINNING AND ENDING CREDITS WITH THE MASK ON AND SNAKE LIKE EYES IS THE INSANE GIRL WHO DIED NEXT TO THE TREE.

Too late! I already guessed that in the topic 12 discussion :P . I honestly hope it is, and that they can somehow save/restore her in the end.
Apr 6, 2018 10:01 PM
Jun 2017
The second cour has begun (and means new OP and ED ost).. anyways i like the storytelling in this one, it shown the glimpse of who could be their next enemy months post the attack they have done to prevent the great aradana from happening...
Apr 6, 2018 11:15 PM
Mar 2016
could yume be alive please tell me that mask person is yume please kamisama
Apr 6, 2018 11:39 PM
Mar 2016
Apr 7, 2018 3:25 AM

May 2017
Unsaltedmeat said:
is this yume

Nah, she looks like Yomi

valvravetruth said:
My theory stands correct most likely, according to japanese legend Tagitsu-hime(Yukari) is part of a group consist of 3 “Hime”/goddesses. And in the op song Yukari standing in middle of a few scene is actually depicted like a goddess, together with other 2 entities beside her. Secondly what seem to be another faction with the 2 corrupted school headmistress. Seems like a possible multiple opponents in this second half of the series.

Those could be Kanami and Hiyori's moms

@LunyRed
@C_C_S
Ishamaelronin said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

Too late! I already guessed that in the topic 12 discussion :P . I honestly hope it is, and that they can somehow save/restore her in the end.

Sadly, it can't be Yume, Maki wanted to do something when they saw her dead but the other elite guard suggested to take care of the body instead and Maki goes for Yukari so yeah, not possible, unless Yume the prodigy that she is managed to do something herself, or the aradama in her took advantage of that. Ofc without the other elite guard knowing it, coz we dunno how she "took care" of Yume's body after Maki left
Apr 7, 2018 3:26 AM

Jan 2017

I couldn t see it give me the link again
Apr 7, 2018 6:58 AM

Apr 2017
Wow nevee thought Hiyori wanted to stop. I've just done redrawing her a few days ago!

Anyway, at least the second cour is up and running! Waited quite a bit.

I also want to put a guess but I think it is Yume who is under the hood. Its likely to be Yomi too.

As an extra, has Suzuka somehow became a good character? I took a liking to her now.
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Apr 7, 2018 6:59 AM
Feb 2017
The Katana Wielding Heroes, Rescue Miko

20Ani17AnalyzerApr 7, 2018 7:07 AM
Apr 7, 2018 8:19 AM
Mar 2016
TsundeReaper said:
Unsaltedmeat said:
is this yume

Nah, she looks like Yomi

valvravetruth said:

@LunyRed
@C_C_S
Ishamaelronin said:

Sadly, it can't be Yume, Maki wanted to do something when they saw her dead but the other elite guard suggested to take care of the body instead and Maki goes for Yukari so yeah, not possible, unless Yume the prodigy that she is managed to do something herself, or the aradama in her took advantage of that. Ofc without the other elite guard knowing it, coz we dunno how she "took care" of Yume's body after Maki left

But Yomi was already shown in the opening and ending before the person was even shown
Apr 7, 2018 11:58 AM

Mar 2018
Ok, I liked both op and ed and I was kinda worried that we were having a sloppy start because the first plot point already ended but we had a nice start for this second half. I feel bad for Sayaka, everything that Yukina told her will probably haunt her because of Kanami skills :c.

It was weird seeing Hiyori with normal clothes, still the same color scheme XD, but she looked nice :3. Also, Idk why but I see Ellens gramps as a pervert somehow XD. Poor Kaoru, feels overused by her president, probably because she's the lazy one XD.

New girl also fell for Kanami (kinda), and Mai will be back with Sayaka and Kanami, I hope she cheers Sayaka up :c. That last president is now helping Yukina ugh, can't stand that woman and she looked really nice when she was younger...

HeroVladimir93 said:
Four months after the last battle, the main characters have kept themselves busy cleaning up Princess Tagitsu's mess. After Tagitsu retreated to the netherworld, I'm left wondering what happened to Yukari. Did she die or was she freed from Tagitsu's control? And who is the hooded figure collecting noro? It could be Maki, it could be the new girl Ayumu, or someone else entirely. The series has plenty of episodes to answer those questions, so I'm looking forward to see what happens.

I don't really think is Maki nor the new girl, at least not the hooded girl who's been stealing the noro, I do think this new girl will be the little hooded one but I might be wrong, she idolizes Kanami and wants to be as strong as her so goes with whoever the first Toji is and she does help her become better (probably with noro); but that's just what I think, we'll have to wait to see what really happens and who's the hooded girl.

TsundeReaper said:
Unsaltedmeat said:
is this yume

Nah, she looks like Yomi

Yep, looks a lot like Yomi.

TsundeReaper said:
valvravetruth said:

That's not likely, both of her moms died young because they used up too much spiritual energy, they weren't possesed by aradamas so they are just dead, and you can confirm that with Kanamis dreams she has trainig with her mom, that's most likely her spirit (or a part at least) which stayed on Chidori.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
Apr 7, 2018 6:58 PM

Feb 2016
New OP is minimalistic and beautiful. Why jump to next story arc, how about a beach episode?!
Apr 7, 2018 7:22 PM

May 2017
Unsaltedmeat said:
TsundeReaper said:

Nah, she looks like Yomi

@LunyRed
@C_C_S

But Yomi was already shown in the opening and ending before the person was even shown

The opening is inconsistent, that happens a lot in anime openings where a character can be shown twice or thrice just bcoz that certain character has personas/alter-egos
Apr 8, 2018 1:51 PM

Sep 2015
I thnk the Hiyori drama about whether she will give up or continue as a Toji is unecessary, but ok.

I bet the new girl will probably be deceiverd and used by the new "bad guys" for a briefly moment at some point of the story in the future and them comeback to reality and help the girls, the flag in the opening for that is huge.

Sayaka probably just need a hug once in a while to remember she is a person and not a thing.

Why Eren breast got bigger in the ending?
Apr 8, 2018 8:19 PM

Oct 2008
Nice new OP & ED!
Is there anyone at least someone that could be a match against the superior greatness of Kanami in terms of swordfighting!?
So Shidou, Maki is in disguise as the one stealing the Noro?
okay...Yomi is still alive...
and Yume is really a gonners!?
4/5.

Apr 9, 2018 7:10 PM

Oct 2013
>Akane is another crook, just like her sister.
ffs, stop abusing poor Yomi. :(

_____

I really like the new OP/ED. I was worried the plot would go down after Yukari was defeated, but it seems it only got more interesting.

Underrated anime, for sure.
Apr 9, 2018 8:15 PM

Apr 2009
araneathedragoon said:
New OP is minimalistic and beautiful. Why jump to next story arc, how about a beach episode?!

I'm sure it's coming, lol.

As for the episode, a new arc, a new story? I'm excited. I can't wait to see what's in the store for our heroines.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Apr 11, 2018 4:20 AM
May 2016
araneathedragoon said:

They try to minimum useless fanservice scene in favor of story-telling and fighting. There are fanservice official art though
Apr 11, 2018 7:20 PM

Apr 2009
ho-hum well if a beach ep would happened i'm in for that
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 12, 2018 5:39 AM
Jan 2015
TsundeReaper said:
Unsaltedmeat said:

The opening is inconsistent, that happens a lot in anime openings where a character can be shown twice or thrice just bcoz that certain character has personas/alter-egos

This actually looks a lot like Kanami goes evil to me (not the girl with mask). According to the OP and the 13th episode.

According to OP: There's this moment in the OP where the new girl has a reflection of Kanami in her eyes, and then there's the black evil thingy separating them. After which the new evil boss appears. Next there's Kanami all red, standing in the mist with a saddish expression.
The new evil boss has the same kind of ribbon as Kanami does (though on both sides).

According to ep13: Kanami keeps getting isolated because of her overly high skill, having no one who could match her and she could compete against, and is falling into depression.
On the other hand, Yukina and Ayanokouji's chairman are continuing to create "ultimate toji" or "uberhumans". I think it makes a lot of sense for them to target Kanami to inject her with the new noro drug as Kanami made her name for being extremely powerful. Ref to OP: possibly Kanami protects the new girl, and instead gets caught and subjected to norofication.
The fact that Sana doesn't get Kanami to help might be part of the setting as not to let Kanami know too much before she gets targeted.

Big part of the cour might be the group of friends chasing after Kanami to bring her back. Who'd make a better villain than Kanami, strongest among toji's out there at the time being.
krykryApr 12, 2018 6:54 AM
Apr 12, 2018 8:40 AM

May 2017
krykry said:
TsundeReaper said:

This actually looks a lot like Kanami goes evil to me (not the girl with mask). According to the OP and the 13th episode.

According to OP: There's this moment in the OP where the new girl has a reflection of Kanami in her eyes, and then there's the black evil thingy separating them. After which the new evil boss appears. Next there's Kanami all red, standing in the mist with a saddish expression.
The new evil boss has the same kind of ribbon as Kanami does (though on both sides).

According to ep13: Kanami keeps getting isolated because of her overly high skill, having no one who could match her and she could compete against, and is falling into depression.
On the other hand, Yukina and Ayanokouji's chairman are continuing to create "ultimate toji" or "uberhumans". I think it makes a lot of sense for them to target Kanami to inject her with the new noro drug as Kanami made her name for being extremely powerful. Ref to OP: possibly Kanami protects the new girl, and instead gets caught and subjected to norofication.
The fact that Sana doesn't get Kanami to help might be part of the setting as not to let Kanami know too much before she gets targeted.

Big part of the cour might be the group of friends chasing after Kanami to bring her back. Who'd make a better villain than Kanami, strongest among toji's out there at the time being.

Interesting theory, I actually was just theorizing about that but mine's quite different, I noticed it from the fact that Kanami actually just mimic her mom, it wasn't that Minato posessed her in the fight against Origami, it's actually just Kanami not remembering it, that reveal made me realize that possibility
Apr 13, 2018 4:11 PM

Feb 2007
Well, damn... I'm quite worried for the Ayanokouji girls now. They were such nice girls, but considering all we just saw, we may quite well see them as half-aradama enemies the next time...
Apr 22, 2018 10:59 AM

Jul 2009
Very nice OP...makes me wonder if Kanami & Hiyori will have to fight each other...
Any chance of the girl stealing be Yume?!
Sakaya and Mai belongs together...
And what a surprise, so it was Kanami power, her mom didn't possessed her.
Ayanokouji girls are in danger...
Apr 29, 2018 2:26 PM

Mar 2017
shiro_kai said:
I bet the new girl will probably be deceiverd and used by the new "bad guys" for a briefly moment at some point of the story in the future and them comeback to reality and help the girls, the flag in the opening for that is huge.

I thought the same thing for Yume and rest of the remaining Elite Guards, but sadly it didn't happen.

But, I do hope, it happens with this new girl.
Apr 29, 2018 4:57 PM

Sep 2015
Kenny_Stryker said:
shiro_kai said:

I thought the same thing for Yume and rest of the remaining Elite Guards, but sadly it didn't happen.

But, I do hope, it happens with this new girl.

I must say I dont have much hopes, but I still believing in Yume's comeback, even if they have to use the Dragon Balls I refuse to believe thats how her story ended. Sigh...
Dec 10, 2018 10:25 PM

Dec 2012
Battou!
Kanami and Sayaka appear.
4 months have passed.
Mai!
Ellen! Dat side oppai.
Hiyori returns.

Nice new OP and ED songs. Yall see Mai and Ellen oppai in dat OP? SUGOI!!!!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 23, 2021 12:14 PM

Feb 2020
The story is new over yet.

New OP/ED. Nice.

Yukina is planning something evil again as usual.

Ayumu is an interesting new character. I like her already.

I'm glad Hiyori didn't retire after all. She's back in action. :)

SerafosMar 13, 3:09 AM
Jul 13, 9:33 AM
Aug 2021
I’m wishing this series was split into 2 seasons. I enjoyed the first 12 episodes especially where there was a definitive conclusion. However I’m not sure I can get revved up for another 12 episodes. I really would have liked to take a break and say I completed it and go back to a S2. Right now if I decide to stop it’ll be a “drop” if I stop. I hope something happens that’ll make it worth while.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

25 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 8, 2023 12:32 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

27 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 28, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

17 by IAMQT »»
Oct 21, 2022 12:06 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 21 Discussion

Rob - Dec 29, 2018

2 by I-yas-yes »»
Jul 29, 2022 11:09 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 23 Discussion

Rob - Dec 30, 2018

1 by Serafos »»
Jul 24, 2021 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.