Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2018 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, the mood between Ichigo and Goro feels kinda awkward since his confession. Still, I think this episode picked up business and I'm actually kinda glad it decided to give Zorome more screen time besides just comic relief.

I think it was interesting to see a more curious side of him and interacting with the people that works there. Not much action this episode but I think it's fine. I'm also curious to learn more about the adults. Seems like the woman that talked to Zorome knows him...

Also, Zero Two acted strange this episode. Rather than her usual self, she seems a bit more withdrawn.

Stark700Mar 17, 2018 10:07 AM
Mar 17, 2018 8:14 AM
May 2017
Do they reveal what's under those hats of the adults!?
Mar 17, 2018 8:19 AM

Feb 2018
I think It's better to wait the traduction .
Mar 17, 2018 8:46 AM

May 2013
I only watched the raw but that ending leaves me perplexed, hopefully the climax starts next episode to solve all these mysteries.
Mar 17, 2018 8:52 AM
May 2017
CodeKeima said:
I only watched the raw but that ending leaves me perplexed, hopefully the climax starts next episode to solve all these mysteries.

What will the last two episodes of the first half (1-12) bring to the table in terms of plot progression?
Mar 17, 2018 9:21 AM
Oct 2017
Zethus_Thorne96 said:
CodeKeima said:

What will the last two episodes of the first half (1-12) bring to the table in terms of plot progression?

there will be two more beach episodes and that will be "character development"
Mar 17, 2018 9:30 AM
Oct 2017
if old bitch doesnt enjoy the sense of taste or eating anymore why is she drinking tea
Mar 17, 2018 9:39 AM

Dec 2009
I was very into Zorome development. Out of all the children I feel like he and Miku are the most likely to make it out of the series.

A bit more insight into the lives of the city. It's sad really. What is the purpose of living if you cannot truly enjoy real feelings, conversations, and emotions?

Zorome will argue and bicker with Miku but I think he understands that he needs her after that conversation.
Mar 17, 2018 9:41 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Zorome is a good kid, he might be loud mouthed and obnoxious at times but he treasures his friends and family. :(

So the big hats actually have people under them.

The city looked really cool but as Zero-Two states it feels lifeless somehow. Based of from what we saw this episode, I'd say it looks like these people have evolved to the point everything they need is given to them and they feel no need to interact. It's a weird monotonic, routined and robotic sort of lifestyle to the point they even Happiness machines? It's kinda like that 'Utopian world' that antagonists in a lot of anime try to achieve. Only here, it already exists. xD

The children seem to be considered infected with something as earlier hints have led us to believe.

I felt a little sad for Zorome as he cried and asked the old lady to be his friend later when he grew up. :(

Zero-Two with the long canine teeth at the end. :o
Mar 17, 2018 9:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The squads teamwork sure has improved significantly. Seems that this is causing some differences of opinion in APE though. So under normal circumstances they aren't allowed in the city huh. Wow the city really is something though. The insight into the adults that live in the city was interesting though. I wonder though is the happiness that the old man gains the strength of his partner. The partnership that the adults have looks pretty different as well. Miku will surely blush if she heard Zorome's words for sure. An relaxing but an interesting episode that also raised some interesting questions.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2018 9:46 AM

Feb 2017
We learned more about the world and the world they are living in is far more dystopian than I thought it would be. That city and everything in it was really eerie.
Mar 17, 2018 9:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was painful to watch. Zorome is such a good kid and the circumstances about this meet-up with the woman were just sad.

Zorome speaking well of Miku was also <3

Also getting crucial information in this episode in particular with the parasites and how they are looked down upon.
Mar 17, 2018 9:49 AM

Nov 2016
Episode focussed on Zorome and him learning that partners weren't just there to pilot FranXX.

[/s]And lol old people don't have sex anymore, but artifcally stimulate their brains[/s]

Dem teeth,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 17, 2018 9:51 AM

Aug 2012
Seems a bit like brave new world with old people. Everyone is old. They make children artificially, they eat artificially, they feel joy the same way. They are indeed dead.
Mar 17, 2018 9:56 AM

Jul 2012
Zethus_Thorne96 said:
CodeKeima said:

Most likely it will end with the kids knowing their fate or such.
Mar 17, 2018 9:58 AM

Jan 2016
Ugh I hated seeing poor Zorome being treated like that. He is annoying sometimes but he's a good kid at heart, this episode was fantastic in terms of development for him.

Also, we got some much-needed world building in this episode. Apparently, the kids are infected and will die before they become adults. That's confirmed at least

Mar 17, 2018 9:59 AM
Aug 2017
I don't really see much development for Zorome as he already seemed to value Miku beforehand as shown in episode 3.

Feb 2018
This episode puzzles me. (Idk if i can say that in english)
The behavior of adults, what they say ..
And 002 in this episode ... Especially the end ...
I do not know what to think.
Mar 2018
What the fuck is this shit? LUL

Mar 17, 2018 10:03 AM

Aug 2015
So they did a Zorome episode and it was good. I don't think they'll make it to adulthood one way or another. It was sad to see how those guards were talking bad about Franxx pilots and infected with what exactly? The story is progressing nicely. Wonder what's going on with zero two this episode. That mirror might have been a bad idea.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Mar 17, 2018 10:04 AM
Aug 2014
I think this episode really shows the fact that the plantations aren't meant to be utopias, they're survival shelters. Because of how clean and advanced everything looks, it is easy to forget that Darling in the FranXX takes place in an apocalyptic world. Everyone has to pull their weight in order to survive, both children and adults. Papa and the other leaders are just trying to keep humanity alive.

Mar 17, 2018 10:04 AM

Jan 2014
So they mentioned that these kids are infected? that they are victims? ... then acording to their number I suspect that lower number means worse infection?
Mar 17, 2018 10:07 AM

Jun 2015
This was a fascinating episode with Zorome visiting an adult's home. That lady could be his biological mother. The city is an eerie place and I want to learn more about it. Zorome is a very good kid. He got some good development. Zero Two's fangs look longer.
Mar 17, 2018 10:15 AM
May 2015
great ep. this was much needed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2018 10:17 AM

May 2013
Zero Two leaves out her investigation with the result that her klaxoside begins to show (growing teeth like in episode 6). Basically means that she constantly gets some kind of antiode to oppress her transformation into the red, long horned form.

Oh man I wonder how this plays out and if she is doing that on purpose.

Mar 17, 2018 10:18 AM

Jun 2014
I never really liked Zorome but I actually kind of liked this episode that focused entirely on him. We learned a lot about their world and their environment from this episode. There were more hints about how the kids are infected and most likely won't survive into adulthood (I really wanted to know what the old lady was about to say before it got cut off). Overall this episode was kind of depressing, as we see how this world isn't as perfect as it seems (just look at the old lady's relationship with her partner for example).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Mar 17, 2018 10:23 AM

Mar 2016
I really feel bad for how that world turned out since the klaxosaur invasion, especially regarding the adults.
At least from this episode we get a bit more insight of what's going on behind the scenes, and a sad reality check for Zorome.
Mar 17, 2018 10:28 AM

Jul 2014
Great, just what we needed, more damn questions with no answers... what the fck is going on in this show.
That old lady is definitely his mother, too much foreshadow of it.
And now whats gonna happen to 02? but those fangs sure are tasty.
Mar 17, 2018 10:35 AM

Mar 2016
Watch out Hiro, she has some teeth... I'm looking forward to the next battle.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 17, 2018 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
A1 same face syndrome strikes again.
The granny looks exatcly like the dead kid in that one show.
Mar 17, 2018 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
This episode focused on Zorome. We get to know more about their world. I think the old lady and Zorome are related to each other. Zero Two, those fangs!
Mar 17, 2018 10:49 AM

Nov 2012
Great episode, but more interestingly I wonder who began this absurd costume phase for like future/alien elites in media? It transcends cultures, The Time Lords, those gold people in Guardians of the Galaxy, the time asterisk in the Bravely Series, this, and many more things I've seen.
Jaywalker.
Mar 17, 2018 10:54 AM

Feb 2016
Man, after what old lady told, our characters are actually lucky, living together, enjoying human interaction, then again, everything is locked in Zero Two; she knows all of it and looking for an exit.

Zorome's conclusion for male/female pair piloting Franxx is welcomed. We still have more questions and less answers again.
Mar 17, 2018 10:58 AM

Jan 2015
finally an episode better than a 6/10. i wish the show focused on the world more in this way. this episode was very creepy and sad, and it's a shame the rest of the show has been pretty shallow
Mar 17, 2018 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
Finally transition which focus to the world and it's mystery.
Mar 17, 2018 11:04 AM
Mar 2018
I really liked this episode. It's nice to learn more about the world of this anime and see some new character development. Hopefully we get to go deeper in the coming episodes.
Mar 17, 2018 11:05 AM

Sep 2013
Summary. They won't have good adult life xD
Mar 17, 2018 11:07 AM
Mar 2018
Did yall heat what the Old lady said to zorome. She tried to heal him but noth8ng worked but when she swicthed it to "Pet" mode it worked. The adults treats kids animals. And i think squad 13 is a speical kind of squa maybe infected some kind of virus
Mar 17, 2018 11:09 AM

Mar 2018
Is it me or was he dreaming about his birth or something similar? The light, the warmth and the final scream. Was that old woman releated to him somehow? She's not his mother but there should be a connection with him because as soon as she died (my assumption as she was sick) he stopped having these strange dreams. Let's wait and see. Perhaps they are sick children who doesn't have a long life expectancy and are given to military as weapons.
Mar 17, 2018 11:14 AM
Jan 2018
CodeKeima said:
Zero Two leaves out her investigation with the result that her klaxoside begins to show (growing teeth like in episode 6). Basically means that she constantly gets some kind of antiode to oppress her transformation into the red, long horned form.

Oh man I wonder how this plays out and if she is doing that on purpose.

This ep 1, 02 has the growing teeth so for methis that scene in ep 1 it will be about half the series, for me
Mar 17, 2018 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
oh wow the City is lifeless (like Zero Two said) because the adults are like manufactured products like their biology or DNA must all be the same (no diversity in the gene pool it seems)

so our kid heroes are said to be created base on the living style of the past humans and its civilization

the mystery of that city piles up more
Mar 17, 2018 11:28 AM

Aug 2017
Some mysterious city with some mysterious adults. More screen for the annoying kid. This episode was predictable.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 17, 2018 11:29 AM
Mar 2018
Love how the series is taking itself. It seems as though we are being exposed to each pair of Squad 13 to attach ourselves to, not just with Hiro and Zero Two.
Mar 17, 2018 11:32 AM
Jun 2015
I am calling it that the children are infected with a virus or DNA of the klaxosaurs which will either slowly kill them while piloting the mechs or possibly turn them to a klaxosaur once they reach a certain age. If you notice in previous episodes the main Mc's blood color is similar to a klaxosaur. The adults harness the magma energy to help them live extremely long lives in their no conflict utopia and use expendable children to fight klaxosaurs and gather magma energy to preserve that live style. I am guessing at the end of this show there is going to be a huge rebellion from the children to unsurp the authority of the adults.
Mar 17, 2018 11:35 AM

Jan 2009
perfect humanity = all the same

must be the reason why Zorome cried because that old adult may have the same face as her mother

the kid heroes are said to be imperfect because they have diverse gene pool

wow this show is about how better is diversity or biodiversity in society lol
Mar 17, 2018 11:35 AM

Dec 2016
So sad episode :( enjoyed it tho
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Mar 17, 2018 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
This remind me with a movie on dystopian future where technology has advanced but also ruled by dogmatic ruler like Darling, sex straightly banned. People sex using VR things and reproduce via tube.
I forgot the tile but believe it was movie starred by Sylvester Stalone, anybody know what's the name?
Mar 17, 2018 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
Omnisword said:
This remind me with a movie on dystopian future where technology has advanced but also ruled by dogmatic ruler like Darling, sex straightly banned. People sex using VR things and reproduce via tube.
I forgot the tile but believe it was movie starred by Sylvester Stalone, anybody know what's the name?

Demolition Man with Wesley Snipes as the villain?
Mar 17, 2018 12:05 PM
Jan 2011
This is touching, creepy and downright horrifying. What is not said is so disturbing I am left speechless...
Mar 17, 2018 12:05 PM

Jan 2018
Why i have feeling that old women was Zorome family? Maybe mother?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.