Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2013 9:28 PM

Nov 2012
What exactly is a ban doll? I read on the wiki that a Ban Doll is a doll consisting of flesh and acts very much like human. Am I wrong?

Also, are Ban Dolls considered a bad thing in this anime?
Dec 5, 2013 10:25 PM

Oct 2013
UsaraDark said:
What exactly is a ban doll? I read on the wiki that a Ban Doll is a doll consisting of flesh and acts very much like human. Am I wrong?

Also, are Ban Dolls considered a bad thing in this anime?

I believe Ban Dolls are frowned upon in this "animes" society because they require human sacrifices / parts to exist. At this point it is unsure if they are completely illegal, the school has banned them but it appears society doesn't care. That is, if these ban dolls were created through legal means. Meaning, already dying people, enemy soldiers, or spare human parts. Thus they are simply just frowned upon in society because it is highly likely they were made unjustly but as we've seen, it is possible to create one justly.

That's my full take on it anyways, it was never fully explained but this is what I put together.
Dec 7, 2013 6:14 AM

Jun 2013
Actually they are illegal to make, but legal to own. So its not a big deal that Raishin has Yaya as a doll because he did not make her.

Shawn basically explained the other aspect. They basically are viewed as taboo due to the living component and the implication that someone had to be killed to make it.
Dec 13, 2013 5:13 PM

Sep 2013
Other variations of 'Ban Dolls' are coming to light:

Frey and Loki are clones, purpose-made to become puppeteers. The clones who didn't have magic were "disposed of". They also have implants.
The list of crimes that 'House' committed is lengthy! No wonder they hate their 'Father' so much!

It's nice that the show explores some of the "what if" parts of it's premise. The manga sort-of did too. (Much of the anime is directly from the manga, of course).
Dec 17, 2013 6:10 AM

Jun 2013
5Cats said:
Other variations of 'Ban Dolls' are coming to light:

Frey and Loki are clones, purpose-made to become puppeteers. The clones who didn't have magic were "disposed of". They also have implants.
The list of crimes that 'House' committed is lengthy! No wonder they hate their 'Father' so much!

It's nice that the show explores some of the "what if" parts of it's premise. The manga sort-of did too. (Much of the anime is directly from the manga, of course).

Uh unless the light novel says otherwise Frey and Loki are not clones. They make it a point several times that the master/"father" went to America and killed their real parents and basically kidnapped them. Sure some of the other kids might be clones or what not, but not Frey and Loki.
Dec 17, 2013 7:55 PM
Feb 2009
well hopefully theres goin to be a second seaon snce they didnt explain much about bann dolls.
Oct 7, 2017 1:14 PM

Aug 2012
krownklown said:
Actually they are illegal to make, but legal to own. So its not a big deal that Raishin has Yaya as a doll because he did not make her.

Shawn basically explained the other aspect. They basically are viewed as taboo due to the living component and the implication that someone had to be killed to make it.
If they are so legal to own why is Raishin warned not to reveal Yaya is a BAN doll? Also it does not really mean someone needs to be killed to create them. For instance the dogs Freya has were not killed. One could just replace the heart with a eve heart just as in the case of Yaya I think. But the implication I think is you are transforming a person in a slave. They do not seem to have so many problems with killing humans. Also in one episodes it says that the law only allows experiments/alterations on humans if the subject declares he is ok with it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Season 2? ( 1 2 )

RApollos - Dec 11, 2013

64 by Gazz »»
Oct 20, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2013

96 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 22, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2013

107 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 21, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

190 by Nukelotide »»
May 15, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 7, 2013

214 by obijho »»
Apr 20, 2023 12:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.