Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 24, 2014 1:22 PM
Jul 2011
Ehhhhhh okay...

Karl is getting a LITTLE bit Eren Jaeger-y for my tastes, and I'm growing to really quite dislike him, he just seems to be another one of those vengeance focused characters that will ignore everything else for the purposes of vengeance and that is becoming TIRED as a character archetype, we've seen enough of it recently. Claire is starting to shine as a character though, I really like her kindness and gentleness and how little she identifies with the other nobles, she makes a nice counterpoint to Fausto and allows some of the nicer elements of Karl's personality to show. That said the romance between the two is just too... Disney-ish? They meet and BOOM, romance, it's completely one dimensional, and I do not like it.

That said, the anime looks nice and I like some of the supporting characters, but the protagonist and lack of a believable world are really holding it back, I'll still tune in for the next episode but... Eh, I do not expect much at all.
Jan 24, 2014 4:10 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, I hated the first two episodes... but this episode was actually pretty good.

I got a lot of chills when it went into Kal-el's past. If Claire is Nina Viento that's going to be pretty interesting... I wonder if it's merely a disguise, or if she actually transforms at 8:30(?), when she seems to have to leave at that time. It looks like she probably knows about Kal-el though, either way.

Also I was wondering about it before, but I guess this confirms Kal-el and Ariel aren't actually blood siblings.

It's kinda strange how similar his adoptive father and his blood father look though.
Jan 25, 2014 12:01 AM

Nov 2012
woah what a past..
I know its gonna be a great show :3 I love it!
that moment when kal's father get excuted :/ and that moment when his mother has been taken away from him :' its gonna be really hard..
that moment when Kal said "NINA VIENTO!!!!!!" with that awesome eye.... really like it.. and I feel a same feeling with him I think at the moment
anyway.. nice episode.. best episode so far.. :3
Jan 25, 2014 2:53 PM

Feb 2013
Below average episode. Kal-El can't read instruments huh? The preview cutoff does not fit with this show.
Jan 27, 2014 3:35 AM

Dec 2013
Nice to see that his background is no longer secret. Sad though for him to have this dark past. Nice episode overall!
Feb 6, 2014 4:36 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode satisfactory, although the plot starts slow to get going, I just hope that the story evolves in a manner that arise in the future much more complex, too simple for now the story about the past of Kal. I want a lot more intrigue and interesting motivations.
Accessible narrative, perhaps a little too geared to doing good, while showing a background of drama, but for now I can also be there.
The thing that needs to improve and instead immediately, is the graphics. Drawings mediocre character design that is so spoiled. Scenarios rather cute.
Too bad it did not last long episode, just the most beautiful! I await the next installment with some impatience.
Feb 9, 2014 6:44 AM
Oct 2009
Barion-Zara said:
His past was pretty sad. I still don't get why Kal hates Nina Viento to that extent though.
I get that she's the one who made those hurricanes that destroyed everything but she was still a child. I don't think u could say it's completely her fault. Unless some other stuff will be revealed later on. Loved how his dad adopted him though :D

Without her power the revolution which turned the empire into a so called republic which isn't any different from the former empire wouldn't have succeeded. She effectively killed both his parents. I'd kill her.
Feb 24, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2011
Depends on why she did it. If she was forced to do it, otherwise her parents or someone else she loved would be killed, did she have a choice?

And whether the revolution couldn't have succeeded without her..it actually seems unlikely that it would be that way. Walls, guards, airplanes. Nothing special. Sure, that big ship, but what good would it have done against an assault on foot? Even if it can shoot at the ground, it hardly can shoot everyone. And when there's a guy like that duke involved, it's likely that someone in the palace was helping them, too.

Destroying that ship and the air fleet made things easier, faster. It might have liften the moral of the people (if it was low because of slow progress). But with nobility *and* populace being against them..a few weeks/months later, the crew of that ship might have openend fire at the castle themselves.

Another interesting question is whether Ariel knows who Kal really is. When he talked to himself after dismissing the notion that Karl La Hire might be on the island, Ariel seemed to hear him and agree, but that situation wasn't exactly clear
Feb 28, 2014 6:15 AM

Aug 2012
I wanna see some interaction between the little sis (Ariel) and the silent guy (Ignacio).
Mar 14, 2014 1:39 PM

Jun 2011
Why were the royalties hated? Poor Karl.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 17, 2014 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
Ahhhh, the good ol' noble-familly-getting-decapitated. Such a classic in european history :P

So as I thought, Ignasio hate him because he knows that Kal is from a noble familly.

I'm so dumb, I never understood that Kal and Ariel weren't related by blood. Ahhhh, I can already see the romantic tension between Kal, Claire and Ariel xD

Seriously, there is so much annoying character in that anime. It's like they are telling you ''all the noble are piece of shit except of Karl familly and Claire''.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 5, 2014 6:17 AM

May 2012
Damn that backstory :| Well I wonder if he'll take his revenge and what will happen next to him and Claire! We now also know why the gray haired guy knows a bit more about him but well let's see what happens next!
Aug 14, 2014 6:20 PM

Jun 2009
Great flashback episode. Got the chills.
I really love Claire in this. I thought she was just going to be a shy, dumb, bimbo for the main but I am glad to be wrong.
Oct 9, 2014 12:13 PM

Jun 2013
Starting to turn pretty dramatic i see.
Dec 31, 2014 10:31 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Very good backstory. Brings out a different side of Kal whenever he sees Nina Viento. Pretty messed up to what happened to Kal's parents.

Claire's first time eating the Special Curry, cute expression.

The ending was quite action packed. I wonder how Kal/Claire will get out of that, not to mention the storm.

Sep 20, 2017 3:46 PM

Feb 2017
Why was there a delay between executing the Empress after the Emperor? I was really holding out hope she was rescued and spirited away, sucks.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.