Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 27, 2017 10:43 PM

Oct 2008
So what's the point of this show!? relaxing on a yacht!?
3/5.
6/10.

Jun 27, 2017 10:48 PM

Feb 2015
you know what you can do with that watch... stick it up your ass!!!

clockwork orange referece
Jun 28, 2017 6:57 AM

Sep 2011
pretty satisfying ending, however the whole thing needed a better villain, I just didn't feel anything about it all...

Jun 28, 2017 7:04 AM

Apr 2009
I actually enjoyed the entire cast and their dynamic, the character designs, the visual style. So the show was entertaining but never really felt like it ever really revved. This climax with the old man and Marie and Naoto wasn't very interesting to me and made for a disappointing last few episodes. I'd check out a second season, though, I feel like they have the foundation for a good series. Just, please, come up with something a little more interesting than "Oh, it's a clockwork panet so let's put gears on buildings and a gear on a lady's head as a hat - Clockwork Planet!"

5/10
Jun 29, 2017 11:24 PM

Feb 2013
It could have been a better show....but it wasn't as bad as a lot of people said.

6/10
Jun 30, 2017 1:39 AM

Oct 2015
This anime was such a drag to watch actually especially RyuZU, her demeaning personality made me hate the anime so much that if there was a trash can i would dump it so many times. Hate it, hate it and hate it so much.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 30, 2017 6:30 AM

Apr 2014
That finale was just predictable and the whole series was average.
So I'll rate this anime a 5 (or 6 ) score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 3, 2017 7:54 PM
Apr 2016
i couldn't even get my self to watch the last episode
Jul 3, 2017 7:57 PM
Apr 2016
Amrael said:
pretty satisfying ending, however the whole thing needed a better villain, I just didn't feel anything about it all...

same i love everything i just dont get way there fighting this uninteresting villain so it drags down the entire thing
Jul 4, 2017 8:05 AM
Oct 2016
how many volume it adapts??
Jul 12, 2017 3:46 PM
Jun 2014
This was not a good show, but somehow watchable nonetheless..

Am i the only one who's a bit annoyed that Marie suddenly got the same powers as Naoto, pulled right out her own ass? She was a repair genious and he was analytical. This works and is great. Individual strengths and weaknesses are important, Marie is the star now.
Jul 16, 2017 8:52 AM

Dec 2012
It was an okay ending. The previous episode was really the baddest, I am still wondering what they tried to explain.
Clockwork Planet was an alright anime. The universe is interesting, but the story was not.
The only likeable characters are the robots, especially Ryuzu who is funny.
SakaitsuJul 16, 2017 9:29 AM
Jul 19, 2017 11:38 AM

Aug 2016
I really enjoyed the first 5 episodes, but after that I became really boring.... in the end, I didn't even know why and who they were fighting because I lost intrest....
The OP and ED were great tho.
6/10.
Nanika ga Okashii
Jul 19, 2017 9:43 PM

Jun 2015
Mediocre anime. I managed to complete it but I wanted to drop it, honestly. The plot sounded good but the characters were unlikable and it was predictable, not to mention way rushed. The whole Y thing wasn't explained at all, except for that old dude saying that Marie and Naoto were Y or something.
Was definitely disappointed.
4/10
Aug 19, 2017 5:47 PM

May 2012
A nice happy ending, pretty solid! Quite liked the overall atmosphere and setting of this anime to be honest! A good series in general I must say!
Aug 20, 2017 6:40 PM

Jun 2012
Once a good novel, now portrayed in an epic tragedy called adaptation.

Well it's been years since I've seen this type of anime and I'm happy that even not as much as I loadingly used to, I enjoyed this series enough, 17/13....

Gotta miss that fast high pitch piano tempo of the ED song.
Sep 30, 2017 8:38 AM

Apr 2015
Naoto and Marie 'dancing' was another sight on top of the awkwardness spectrum.

I have a maximalist tendency- Gordon Ramsay always talks about overcomplication in his shows, I sometimes do but often don't agree to that statement in so many things, less is sometimes but not always more. But just as much as I think so, it's empirical that the more ambitious it is the harder it is to perfect, and the degree to which this particular show fits that statement is surreal.

If my memory and acquaintance is correct, this has similar qualities and goals to Cross Ange in essence- extreme trying-to-please-crowd, extreme faux intellect, extreme tone, mediocre art. However- though I never saw that show, i believe it SHOULD be better than this. It would be.

But then why did I watch through this, and that with not much difficulty, when I'm known to be an easy dropper? That's a mystery to me, maybe the characters being okay, but maybe not. Lots of times- the sheer ridiculousness and opaqueness was cute(?) 2-3/10.

Presumably, the show built around random thoughts and concepts that seemed cool at first- by a geezer with questionable taste and intelligence but with visual sense, after watching some mecha anime, at home, in a reclining position, in front of a monitor, 2 A.M.
Oct 17, 2017 12:37 PM

Aug 2016
What a fucking garbage anime. To think I actually really liked this anime at the start of it.

Also when they were creating gears out of nothing it looked like they were playing Just Dance.
Oct 25, 2017 7:58 PM

Dec 2010
this was in my drop list at 10/12. Why were they being chased after saving the planet?
Nov 29, 2017 7:33 AM

Jun 2011
I am on the same boat as a few other people here.. I stopped caring about the series around the midway point.. since Anchor's appearance.. The whole main cast is absolute garbage.. Naoto is your self insert character role, albeit with a (very flat) personality.

I heard this is written by the author of NGNL and it shows in his writing style, he's using the same comedic sense as in NGNL but it's not fitting for Clockwork Planet's setting.. Naoto is also slowly turning into "muh jesus savior" NGNL's protagonist, Sora. Sora is a fun character but Naoto is just plain annoying. Gear freak, my ass, he's just a self insert pervert masking his perverse. "omg Anchor so cute be my daughter" no you fucking pervert, don't think about fucking your daughter who's also your wife's sister in your fantasy. The whole thing about "Anchor, you can do whatever you want, you're allowed to" thing happened way too fast, he knew about her for like what, few hours max and he said that, to a mass destruction weapon? Where did his confidence come from? Oh, I forgot, he's supposed to roleplay as Mr.Call-Me-Daddy, that's loving and protective of hs daughter of 2 minutes long.

The drama is atrocious, "omg why won't mama allow me to call her mama" *sob sob* "omg I have inferiority complex, why must it be her, why not me" *grim* The whole hero personality "I won't give up on hope" shit is so much cringe, even worse when you have Marie who said the exact same thing as him. Remember when Naoto could care less about the whole city's survival a few episodes back? Yeah let's be edgy and look like someone who's so cool and couldn't care less about the whole city's population, and let's look really cool now by saying some cliche heroic shit.

As much as I find the confession scene between Naoto and RyuZU adorable, they have zero chemistry. The romance between them doesn't feel very genuine, yeah she sucked off his finger, and he likes her now.. Are you sure you're not just sexually frustrated? Worse, she also likes him for the cliche reason like "omg y u no see me as robot". Her looking down and insulting him is in no way funny, she talks down to him because of her character archetype but at certain moments she does praise him? Like, uh stay consistent please, it's a lot of cringe.

Took me few hours to watch the first half, took me a whole week to finish off the second half.. Everytime I came back to try and finish this shit off, thinking maybe it's not really that bad.. everytime I am let down by how bad it is. This is the type of anime that makes me not want to watch another anime ever. As bad and disappointing as 18if was, it's the type of anime that shows the potential of a fictional story and makes me want to know more.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 2, 2017 4:35 AM
Apr 2014
All in all this was pretty good. Expected worse when I saw the score. I mean I definitely could have lived without the two human MC but it was fine. The automata and cyborgs definitely were more interesting though. Also why is that guy still in the female body after all that? He should have had time and resources to get something similar to his old body at least lol
Dec 10, 2017 5:25 PM
Jun 2016
Its a decent finale I love it.
Dec 16, 2017 12:40 AM
Mar 2017
flannan said:
DazzlingAnime1 said:
I feel like I was one of the only people who actually liked this show a fair bit TBH.

You're not alone, I enjoyed it too. If you want a comparison, it is like Triage X. It might not be perfect, but it pushes all the right buttons in me.

Do not kid!, That same Triage X where they use girls as objects of torture, violence, abuse, forced sexual matters and etc by some creepy men?
A very bad way of fanservice, very bad and disgusting.
That anime is tits, explosions and not much more to say (Although there were some good action scenes)

Took me few hours to watch the first half, took me a whole week to finish off the second half.. Everytime I came back to try and finish this shit off, thinking maybe it's not really that bad.. everytime I am let down by how bad it is. This is the type of anime that makes me not want to watch another anime ever. As bad and disappointing as 18if was, it's the type of anime that shows the potential of a fictional story and makes me want to know more.

It also takes 1 week to finish the second half!
FireCrauterDec 16, 2017 12:49 AM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 16, 2017 3:08 AM

Nov 2009
FireCrauter said:
flannan said:

You're not alone, I enjoyed it too. If you want a comparison, it is like Triage X. It might not be perfect, but it pushes all the right buttons in me.

Do not kid!, That same Triage X where they use girls as objects of torture, violence, abuse, forced sexual matters and etc by some creepy men?
A very bad way of fanservice, very bad and disgusting.
That anime is tits, explosions and not much more to say (Although there were some good action scenes)

Like I said, Triage X is not perfect. But the MCs fight crime by murdering the shit out of it, and I like this a lot.
The explosions were good, but the tits were oversized, by the way.
Jan 21, 2019 6:58 AM
Apr 2018
I think that the best ending for this anime but for this season,the idea of the ending is you dont need to became hero to save something is better to chose the best way and easy way than try hard and sacrifice something
Mar 22, 2020 12:17 PM

Mar 2013
Remove Naoto and this would be a way more interesting show. What an irritating brat. Ending was decent, and I'm glad Anchor wasn't injured too badly. She and Ryuzu best characters. Animation was kinda derpy at times but you really can't expect more of an average production. Ending song was great.
Dec 31, 2020 8:01 PM

Apr 2013
rushed asf but adorable to watch.
Jun 14, 2022 1:52 PM

Jan 2020
Last episode!

Now there is a holy tree I guess? Watching these last two episodes really just made me want to play a JRPG. I was thinking about Trails of Cold Steel most of the episode.

I still don't really understand why they have to paint themselves as villains? It seems like an unnecessary element to include in all of this. Is there any reason they couldn't just go around fixing stuff without acting like they were being evil? Maybe they mentioned it and I was just not paying attention.

This was one of the worst things I've sat through in awhile. Though, I'm not expecting much from the next thing I'm about to pick up either.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Dec 2022
Started off interesting enough, with a unique mixture of clockwork and high tech for the setting, but this anime didn't have a sufficient enough grasp of atmosphere or tone setting to impress much. If it planted its feet a bit more, and built up the significance of the narrative more naturally, then it'd be easier to get invested in what's happening on screen.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

215 by tqk2811 »»
Jan 8, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

41 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

39 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.