Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 5, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, Sakura Quest got a new OP song! I think this new one is catchier than the previous (first one felt more lighthearted)

The episode gave me a weird vibe at first with that strange dream.
Episode did a decent job at taking a breather and focus more on Koharu. She had her mood down but I'm glad that she has others that cares about her well-being.

Girls looked cute in their yutaka thsi episode imo.
Jul 5, 2017 9:34 AM

Aug 2013
Love both the new OP and ED, especially the visual of the ED.

Seems like the girls are going to get inspirations from the summer vacation and will use them for the finale of the series.
UImoetardJul 5, 2017 1:37 PM
Jul 5, 2017 9:46 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Love the new OP and ED, though I think I liked the old ED a little more but the visuals for the new one are lovely. Need wallpaper version of the last image.

That dream in the beginning was funny.

So all the girls are taking a little vacation time, it was nice seeing them interact with their old friends. It was nice hearing Sanae say she liked her current work despite the offer she got from her friend.

Saku-chan might have given Yoshino some ideas.
The cafe owner was so savage on policeman Kindaichi. XDD

Yoshino's conversations with her family were the real highlight of this episode, the one with her sister in the bath and her father at the end were really nice. :)

That ending with the Spanish people had me laughing, I was totally waiting for a Sandal entrance. XD
Jul 5, 2017 9:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
You can very well see that the three ladies of our group feel well about themselves now (Yoshino maybe not so much but at the end, she was more relieved). Highly likely chance that they go back to their home and pursue their careers there.

The spanish group surprised me. Can't be a coincidence that they ended up in Manoyama, was that the doing of the TV show?

SHOKEI DEATH!
Jul 5, 2017 9:56 AM
Mar 2015
It was nice to get a fresh perspective
Jul 5, 2017 10:08 AM

Jun 2015
I like the new OP and ED. Got to see how the girls are spending their summer vacation. Yoshino's dream was amusing. The ending with the Spanish people was funny. That was unexpected. I think they ended up in Manoyama because of the TV show.
Jul 5, 2017 10:13 AM

Dec 2012
I like the new OP&ED

This was hilariousXD
Jul 5, 2017 10:18 AM

May 2015
Beautiful episode and a nice episode to enter the second cour. Absolutely love the new OP and ED too, ED's visuals are so pretty!

The group of Spanish speaking people was so unexpected, yet really funny XD.

Jul 5, 2017 10:24 AM

Nov 2016
I definitely liked the first opening and ending a lot more, but the new ones aren't bad either.

The nightmare was quite amusing, getting cookied is a tasty way to leave this world.

Visiting her hometown was a good idea for Yoshino to take a break and refresh her mind, it also seems like she will take some positive energy and inspiration back with her.

Somehow I got the feeling this episode foreshadowed that Yoshinos younger sister may move to Manoyama with her boyfriend, the vacant residential areas as well as the talk with her parents about moving gave me that impression.

The group of spanish speaking tourists was unexpected, wonder what they are looking for.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 5, 2017 10:42 AM

Aug 2013
Loving the new OP and ED, especially the visuals for the ED. Though I prefer the previous ED.

The girls decided to take a a break and Yoshino visited her hometown. Sanae felt like an outsider as she spend a lot of time in Manoyama. Her friends noticed she changed.

Her friend Saku may help Yoshino since she her job involves rural development.

Those Spanish speaking tourist though
LeoJul 5, 2017 10:45 AM

Jul 5, 2017 10:45 AM

Jan 2015
Well that is surely nightmare, even Sandal-san joke didn't work. LOL
All Manoyama Tourism Board members that having Summer break are having the same "awkward like an outsider"-feeling when they back into town. And Maki seems the most person that received the "Hit", to be called is one thing but asked for back in acting? Damn you, Sawano... Give Maki some time.
And that nice cliffhanger... Two Manoyama girls gonna get Hola!!! >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 5, 2017 11:50 AM

Nov 2016
I really wasn't expecting the tourist to speak Spanish, normally in Anime you see outsiders speaking raw English, but their accent was very good, I guess they hired people who mainly speak Spanish to make the scene feel more realistic. As someone who speaks mainly speaks Spanish I thought it was hilarious.

Also, the new OP is fine and the ED is really cool, they kept the art style from the first one and I loved it. Keep the good work PA Works.
Jul 5, 2017 11:54 AM

Jul 2015
As a Spanish speaker myself it was kind of surprising to see them include Spanish speaking characters until I remembered that its not the first time PA Works has done this. The anime Tari Tari also had spanish speakers in it
Jul 5, 2017 12:05 PM
Aug 2014
Lol, they actually got actors from Spain it seems.
Jul 5, 2017 12:12 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Tfw Japan actually hires people who can speak the language they're supposed to be speaking (in this case Spanish)

*applause*
Jul 5, 2017 12:28 PM

Apr 2016
Nobody expect spanish inquisition !

Nice episode + new OP and ED.
Jul 5, 2017 1:19 PM

May 2017
Have to say that this episode was the best of the series so far. I really feel like SQ is finding its groove. Character interactions are consistently interesting and tie in to the overall narratives nicely. I'm really feeling empathy toward all the main cast members more and more, and they are doing this without melodrama which is very refreshing. New OP and ED is great - I prefer the originals but there's nothing wrong with the new ones.

I hope Maki goes to that acting workshop. It doesn't have to mean leaving Manoyama behind.
I love how when Sandal comes onscreen he gets his own little acoustic guitar ditty, haha. Also, thanks for the Lamaze lesson, dude.
Yoshino gets more lovable every episode without ever turning into a moeblob.
Very strong start to the second half of the season, good job P.A. Works, keep it up.
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Jul 5, 2017 1:21 PM

Sep 2013
Yoshi and the girls all back to their places for summer vacation doing their thing and contemplating on their future.
That Spanish or Portuguese gang XD
Jul 5, 2017 1:24 PM

Oct 2012
Really nice episode, one of the best episodes I've seen so far. Watching Yoshino's hometown was a really refreshing experience :).
I like the new ED but I liked more the old OP....
Unexpected Spanish people appeared! We're everywhere lol.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Jul 5, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2013
Great start to the second cour!
Jul 5, 2017 1:40 PM

Nov 2010
HaXXspetten said:
Tfw Japan actually hires people who can speak the language they're supposed to be speaking (in this case Spanish)

*applause*
Don't celebrate just yet. We don't know if they are supposed to be Americans.
Jul 5, 2017 2:08 PM

Jan 2014
Gersen said:
HaXXspetten said:

*applause*
Don't celebrate just yet. We don't know if they are supposed to be Americans.

Wait, I thought they were Japanese voice actors actually speaking Spanish. I'm a little disappointed now lol..

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jul 5, 2017 2:09 PM

Feb 2014
A very good start to the second cour. The OP song was very catchy, whereas the ED song was relaxing and had some lovely visuals, especially the sunset scene with the five ladies in the field. =)

After the chaotic Founders Festival, Yoshino heads back to her hometown for a small Summer vacation, as does Sanae to Tokyo. Along with Maki, the three have a chance to catch up on some of their old friends and contemplate about their future a bit more.

Once the five of them reunite together, then hopefully they'll be in top form for their next attempt to help Manoyama slowly, but surely thrive again.

Although, those Spanish group did surprise me though. They did give poor Ririko and Koharu a scare or two with their greetings. XD

I do wonder why they are at Manoyama though. Either it was because of the T.V show, or maybe they have some connections with Sandal-san. The latter idea is a wild guess admittedly. ^_^;
Jul 5, 2017 2:35 PM

Jan 2016
Wohoooo that was a great episode. Got to see Yoshino's family and see how her town is which was nice. This was basically a breath of fresh air.

The scene with the spanish tourists at the end cracked me up! Hilarious. It's funny how I was about to drop this show at ep 5 but somehow keept going and now I love it!
Jul 5, 2017 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
The new OP and ED are very nice.

I liked the various atmospheres in this episode. Yoshino in her home town finds inspiration from their own festival, Maki and Sanae are both in Tokyo, but go drinking with friends in very different places. Ririko and Shiori keep working in Manoyama.

My favorite line in this episode was when Yoshino's sister, Nagisa, quotes their father - "Achieving normal happiness is the hardest thing to do." No truer words.....

The tourists from either Spain or Latin America (or both) at the end were a nice surprise. They must be fans of that reality TV show that featured the Founding Festival. The best part is that the two shyest characters, Ririko and Shiori, have the unexpected encounter with foreigners.
Jul 5, 2017 3:55 PM

Jan 2013
As a spanish myself I can confirm those voices were from spanish people (from Spain), which was really funny and strange to hear lol
Jul 5, 2017 4:16 PM

Oct 2012
I preferred the first OP and ED, however the visuals on the new ED are really lovely.

Overall a nice episode, seems everyone is taking a break and getting their thoughts sorted out.

The Spanish tourists surprised me a lot, and that ending for the episode was perfect!

Sandal-san taught us the Lamaze breathing technique, sad that there was no English though
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 5, 2017 5:45 PM

Dec 2016
That new opening and ending are both pretty good.

I hope they enjoy the little vacation, I think they definitely deserve a break.

I wonder what plans Yoshino will have when she gets back?

Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 5, 2017 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
Still prefer the old OP and EDs since they were so freaking good the new ones are good at least the ED kept to the same theme visually

this was a great start to the 2nd cour some much needed downtime for everyone returning back to their homes it also served as some insight for Yoshino on what Manoyama is lacking

lol but i'm gonna need a Spanish check to me they sounded legit but i barely know any
Jul 5, 2017 7:55 PM

Jun 2017
Nice start to second cour. I really enjoyed it :)

New ED is okie. still I like the old one tho.
New OP....what the ....CTRL-Z.
Jul 5, 2017 8:01 PM
Jun 2016
As I suspected, Yoshino went back to her hometown. I've only watched about 5 minutes or so since I'm at work, but I really like the new OP. The visuals really capture the essence of the show. The music sounds like it should be in an action-oriented show but I like it regardless.
Jul 5, 2017 8:47 PM

Sep 2013
4/5- New OP and ED. I like the 1st OP better because it was more livelier but this one isn't bad. The new ED song and visuals are fantastic even though I still liked the 1st better, but that first ED was really good and hard to beat in my opinion.

That opening scene with Yoshino being put at the stake to be bombarded with food was hilarious. I fully expected them to light the fire to end her nightmare but it ended with her starting to choke after catching all that food with her mouth and needing tea to wash it down. XD

This was a nice episode with some reflecting on the characters who left town. I'm happy that it's only a vacation since last week it looked like Yoshino was running away. It was cool to see Yoshino's family as well and we got to know her a little more on. It seems like she's the only dreamer of her family.

It's cool to see my two favorites, Shiori and Riri work together while everyone was away. That ending with those Spanish folks was pretty funny. The look of terror on not only Shiori's face but even Riri's face was excellent.

Next week, the Queen returns. This was a good start to the 2nd Cour.

Jul 5, 2017 8:51 PM

Mar 2016
Nice break episode where everyone goes home for summer and reflects. I liked the new op it was different but I thought it was pretty good!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 5, 2017 8:52 PM

Oct 2012
Don't like the new OP but I'm not a fan of pop country. The episode was pretty slow but I was happy to see the characters gain some new perspective at the end as fuel for the second half of the season.
Jul 5, 2017 9:16 PM
Apr 2017
I liked the new OP and ED. It's pretty catchy.
(tho i really love the 1st cour op and ed cos it's somehow relaxing)
Looking forward to the next episodes
Jul 5, 2017 9:26 PM

Mar 2016
New OP and ED. They were both good. Visuals of the ED were really nice but I'd still prefer the first ED. That was catchy af. I couldn't stop listening to them :D

The episode overall was good as well. Yoshina and Sanae going back to their hometown after being down about the festival. Meeting their friends. Meeting Yoshino's sister and parents. Maki considering taking up acting again. It was nice ^_^

That ending with Ririki and Shiori tho. Haha. I'm looking forward to it XD

Jul 5, 2017 9:41 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The OP song was so bad, it didn't feel like it fit the OP content. I thought another audio was playing in another tab or something. Shame because I do like the content of the OP, but I can't listen to that song. First OP was way better and more fitting to the series imo. ED song was good at least, and once again, relaxing to watch. I like how the ED songs are both named after flowers.

I'm glad that Yoshino learned a few things from going back to her hometown. She's still young and she pretty much just randomly jumped into the whole rural revival project, so it's not surprising that she doesn't know or has thought about permanent residents, which is important to a rural town's revival instead of solely focusing on tourists. And her mother also provided some new insight, how she wanted to moved to that town partially because she thought it'd be a place that she could live in. Hopefully Yoshino can bring what she learned back to Manoyama. I also agree with Yoshino's father, that normal happiness is the hardest to obtain. I'm with Yoshino's sister in that I'd just want to live life simply. Lucky for her that she's got connections! Best of luck to her and Akkun as well X)

Meanwhile, what is going on with those Spanish speakers? o_o Why are they there???
Jul 5, 2017 9:42 PM

Aug 2013
Sevillans spanish everywhere.... ondas vitales intensifies~
Jul 5, 2017 11:28 PM
Sep 2016
Wtf that ending ahahaha XD

Liked the old OP better but the new ED was great, probably on par with the old one.

Jul 6, 2017 7:04 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION
Jul 6, 2017 7:06 AM
Jan 2015
I do like the new ending quite a lot!

The yukatas were kawaiii!

The slow individual focus was interesting since its the ladies in their home enviorments and not working on the board
Jul 6, 2017 8:56 AM

Apr 2016
It's no surprise that Sakura Quest has started to pick up steam since they did away with the childish gags of the first few episodes. The evolution and development of the characters, especially Yoshino has been one of the big highlights of the series so far. This is the PA Works I've known and loved since Iroha and Shirobako...
Jul 6, 2017 9:03 AM

Feb 2013
DatRandomDude said:
NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION

HOLA HOLA HOLA!!!

Im not even watching this anime but I saw that scene and as a Spanish, it made me laugh.

ENSEÑEMOS LAS CAMISETAS

Jul 6, 2017 9:32 AM

Jul 2016
I'm glad to hear the new OP and ED, I can't say which ones better both the old and new has its own charm.

nice the town is now being visited by weirdo—, I mean tourists xD
Jul 6, 2017 11:50 AM

Jun 2017
New OP & ED were nice.

Vacation episode gave us a chance to see each of the girls reflecting on their job. Hopefully it is a set up for motivation to push them all forward.

Was very happy to see Yoshino was just going to visit her home town. It will be interesting to see what inspiration she brings back from it.
Jul 6, 2017 1:22 PM

Jun 2015
What's with that weird dreams? Al dreams are weird to be honest. I'm glad that they are just in a vacation. Ideas are flowing in.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 7, 2017 4:05 AM

Sep 2016
the OP is pretty bad and the OP animation is just feel off with the song
next episode: oriental, latino, forced, interracial Kappa
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 7, 2017 6:37 AM
Sep 2014
tingy said:
The OP song was so bad, it didn't feel like it fit the OP content. I thought another audio was playing in another tab or something. Shame because I do like the content of the OP, but I can't listen to that song. First OP was way better and more fitting to the series imo. ED song was good at least, and once again, relaxing to watch. I like how the ED songs are both named after flowers.

This puts my feelings into words perfectly when it comes to the new OP and ED. It definitely felt off. Just like you said, the visuals were great but the song just didn't fit at all. Didn't fit the actual visuals of the OP nor does it fit the anime as a whole imho.

As for the episode; It was interesting to see how many of them used to live and meet their old friends. We already met Maki's friend from before though, but nice all the same. Sanae's friends were an interesting bunch. Of course you're not really worried about any of them staying in their respective home towns/cities, since that would pretty much disrupt the entire premise of the show. It seemed that they at least took something from their respective vacations – inspiration, new ideas, maybe a rediscovered purpose and of course some well deserved rest.
Jul 7, 2017 10:43 AM

Sep 2015
I briefly...briefly thought the plot of this was actually going to be the townsfolk were pissed at Yoshino for trying to leave. That was a pretty funny way to open a new cour. And follow up the cliffhanger from the previous one. This was actually a very quiet episode though. That showed three of the girls (mainly Yoshino) considering their futures and the other two coming up with a new revitalization plan.

On that note I assume she'll stick around for now. But how long before Maki tries to become an actress again? I don't see her arc ending in many other places by this point. I liked her dinner with incognito Momo. They could have easily made Momo a petty rival like character to Maki. But their mutual admiration for one another is very cute.

I liked seeing Yoshino's hometown. I hadn't considered we'd actually see it or meet her family. And it was some pretty and different looking scenery porn. But seeing it I think also allowed me to visualize Yoshino's frustration. From the beginning of the series. That she'd left one pretty rustic and isolated spot. And just ended up in a different one. Didn't find too many of her old friends that memorable or engaging. But I will be curious to see her family visit Manoyama later.

Speaking of Manoyama. I thought the B&B plot was pretty interesting. It's cool to learn stuff like that is common place in Japan. But that ending was truly baffling. Also while I assume they were Japanese the voice actors sounded pretty fluent in Spanish. Maybe if I spoke Spanish I'd feel differently. But it seemed pretty on point. Good way to end a quiet but memorable first episode of the new cour. Hope the second half of this series is even better than the first.
Jul 8, 2017 4:15 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Was pretty cool to see the non-natives in our crew go back to their homes and hang out with their friends...Really enjoyed seeing how they all interacted with their loved ones

I had some personal thoughts while watching this episode too which was nice for once because it had me thinking about my life and future and shit lol

But yeah, things should be interesting from here on now that the girls have found more motivation to do their jobs + seeing the new idea that Shiori and Riri came up with....Good episode overall and the new OP and ED are nice too
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.