Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 19, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I admire Koharu's determination. Even though their group didn't get off to a good start with sales, they are still trying to make the best of what they can.

It's weird to see an older guy in that Chupacabra outfit though lol...
Koharu's personality shows more confidence since she's been in this new town. I like it. I think she even has leadership talent in her personality. She may not be the best queen but I like how she's taking responsibility to do her best.

Stark700Apr 19, 2017 9:22 AM
Apr 19, 2017 9:26 AM

Apr 2010
Yoshina somehow managed to convince everyone of their goal.
Now the question is will they be able to achieve something seeing as not everyone seems keen on change.
Not the mention the stubborn parents.
Apr 19, 2017 9:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I love how they all are never going to let Maki live down this Oden thing xDDD

The teamwork between our 5 girls were great again this week and it made me very happy to see them all agree to help out Koharu throughout her time as Queen all as one big team - The dynamic/friendship between them all is really nice

But the big thing about this episode for me was that Speech....Koharu truly said it all and I am rooting for her to achieve the task that she's set for herself, great episode overall
Apr 19, 2017 9:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
And the third time: Second half of the episode is way better than the first. I'd love to enjoy a whole episode though for once ;)

That speech got me a little emotional. And again, i like how it doesn't reap rewards from the get-go (third to last position).

The old man might be my favourite character. Also Yoshino is best girl (obviously she got most development, but still her character is fun).
Apr 19, 2017 9:55 AM

Jul 2014
Lol, when Mr. Kadota told Yoshino to feel the town, she took it too literally.
We got to know how the whole Chupakabura thing was formed, and the introduction of the Kabura kid as the costume was a nice touch, too.
I loved Yoshino's speech, it was completely honest and although they finished third from last which is very low, I can see Yoshino becoming a fine queen before the year ends.
Apr 19, 2017 9:56 AM

Jan 2015
I already laughed the moment Yoshino got yelled at the car. >_<
Can't argue with that "Queen is just an outsider" thing, but still Yoshino trying her best to make Manoyama become widely-known. And the reason behind why Manoyama take "Chupakabura" as their Mascot.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 19, 2017 10:22 AM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
I love how they all are never going to let Maki live down this Oden thing xDDD

The teamwork between our 5 girls were great again this week and it made me very happy to see them all agree to help out Koharu throughout her time as Queen all as one big team - The dynamic/friendship between them all is really nice

But the big thing about this episode for me was that Speech....Koharu truly said it all and I am rooting for her to achieve the task that she's set for herself, great episode overall

You said it all man, Yoshino's speech made me kinda emotional. Couldn't help but smile through the whole thing. :)
Really love how Yoshino's doing her best to try and understand the town of Manoyama and what they want before taking action.

Our 5 girls make a great team and I'm really looking forward to see what they're gonna accomplish. Loved the titles they came up for each other too. xD
Saying it again, the ED is awesome.
Apr 19, 2017 10:31 AM

Sep 2013
4/5- ODEN ODEN ODEN

That parade at the start was pretty funny. The wonderful Shiori was kind enough to wave and smile at an upset old man who was yelling at them. Ah Shiori, how I've waited a week to see you again.

Yoshino is finally accepting her role as Queen and is working hard to return the town to its former glory. Last episode she wanted to leave but now she's out and about talking to the citizens to get ideas on how to help the town. She also started up her own committee of SEXY AS FU-...uh...capable and beautiful women.

I'm also happy that the senile old man is going with the flow of Yoshino now. I'm sure he'll create issues here and there in the future but at least he's willing to have things change. I was a bit worried that he will be too stubborn and refuse to change anything. That speech in the end definitely made me believe the town is in capable hands.

Apr 19, 2017 10:35 AM
Mar 2015
Got to admire Koharu's spunk. Glad we are learning more about that picture since it is what caused her to stay
Apr 19, 2017 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
Got to admire Koharu's determination. She also gave a great speech as well.

Good teamwork from the girls.

Apr 19, 2017 11:12 AM

Feb 2014
I can really get behind this show with it being 24 episodes. Going to be a fun ride watching them turn this around.
Apr 19, 2017 11:19 AM

Jun 2015
I applaud Koharu's determination. She's might not be the best queen, but she will do her best. The four other girls are going to help her too.
Apr 19, 2017 11:29 AM

Sep 2016
miyamori speech is so bad lol isn't it promotion event?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 19, 2017 11:30 AM

Jun 2015
I wish I could find a job like this. I would be very bossy tho. They should continue with the website thing.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 19, 2017 12:05 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode as always
I still domt understand how this still has a low score though.
Apr 19, 2017 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
The proper way to promote mascots in Japan
Apr 19, 2017 1:36 PM

May 2015
Another fantastic episode! Yoshino's was pretty damn good. Hoping it did move the hearts of the town's people just a little bit.

Super hyped and glad that this show is going to be 2-cour. This is gonna be a good ride!

Apr 19, 2017 2:02 PM

Nov 2011
good episode.
I just kept playing that ending over and over again.
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 19, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
Great episode as always
I still domt understand how this still has a low score though.

Around the three episode point, Shirobako's score was around the 7.1 area. Look how that turned out in the end though. =)

With Sakura Quest being a 2-cour, it'll give the show plenty of time to fully develop the characters and the story without rushing the pace unnecessarily.

For this episode, it was really good once more. It was amusing to see poor Yoshino being paraded around the town it that 1950's Cadillac(?) only for one old guy to shout at them for being too loud. XD

Still, Yoshino's inspiration did help them get through that competition, although they were placed third from bottom though. Either way, she's got her dream team and Kadota also has more respect for her than ever before.

A slow burner this show might be right now, but I'm sure that like Shirobako, it'll get better and better throughout its 25 episode run. =)
Apr 19, 2017 2:38 PM

Jun 2012
This episode was a nice balance of sweet and comedic even if it took half the episode to get there.

Is anyone else curious to find out who the guy drawing the turnip - who seems to have small cameos in each episode is?
--"The world isn't as bad as you think"--
Apr 19, 2017 2:42 PM

Sep 2013
Mascot issue but that's not important now, Yoshi wants to know the town before going forward and all the girls are now her helpers :)
Apr 19, 2017 3:24 PM

Nov 2016
Great episode. "How's this? The kids will cry, that's for sure." That part made me really laugh.

Like many already said, the speech was of course the highlight. I'm really looking forward to see Koharu spending her year as queen and how much she can change Manoyama. This will be a nice ride.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 2017 3:31 PM

Feb 2015
Really good developments! I knew the five girls would properly get to work together. This will be good.

I still can't get over how the end card guy pronounced "alchemist" XD it was so perfect but so hilarious at the same time.
Apr 19, 2017 3:58 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I got to the 1:43 mark and saw those tail fins, and immediately this started playing in my head. Of course, I have to share:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4PeT6aeytU

Apr 19, 2017 4:00 PM

Oct 2013
Looking at the show's length, it will be nice to see the plot and characters fully developed. I like how the characters keep facing failure at this point. It's as if nothing really goes their way. Yoshino bombed the interview, but she aced the speech. It is also nice to see the quintet continue to cement their friendship.
Apr 19, 2017 4:15 PM

Dec 2016
I thought that was a pretty good episode.

Some heartwarming stuff there from Yoshino, seems she is starting to get the hang of being queen and wants to try really hard.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 19, 2017 4:15 PM

Jan 2016
Its sad that the people hate their own town and they treat outsiders like crap.
" If always say no, you will never say yes" Ryan Higa
Apr 19, 2017 8:27 PM

Jan 2017
is this a slice of life anime ? idk a lot about anime, but i thought it would be, but mal only tags it as comedy
Apr 19, 2017 8:32 PM

Mar 2015

Anyone knows who this Alexandre guy is? Apparently, he's the original creator. If so, it's pretty uncommon to see a non-Japanese working on the reins of an anime production.
Apr 19, 2017 9:58 PM
Apr 2014
novaxy said:
Anyone knows who this Alexandre guy is?

From what I could tell by googling and looking at a couple of Japanese forums even the Japanese don't really know who he is.

My guess is that he wrote the original story that the anime is based on, but that he didn't have anything to do with the actual production of the anime.
Apr 19, 2017 10:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Glad to see that I'm not the only one who got emotional at Yoshino's speech. Ofc it wasn't great or anything, and definitely to people outside of Manoyama, they'd be really bored with the speech. But it was a good speech because of this episode's context. Although it's not surprising, it's still sad to hear a lot of the people in Manoyama not caring much, whether because they can't see their town will hit a problem in the future even if things are okay now, or that whatever happens in the future won't affect them because they'll be gone. That must be the trigger, if people don't care enough or don't think there's a problem, then how should the outsider even help?

Anyways, I'm continuing to enjoy the humor in this series, it's not overdone :) And gotta love that ED, the song gives me a similar feeling as "Let it All Out" from one of FMAB's EDs, and the visual is soothing.
Apr 19, 2017 11:05 PM

Jun 2012
SolidWoIf said:
is this a slice of life anime ? idk a lot about anime, but i thought it would be, but mal only tags it as comedy

Yah it is. Probably should have a slice of life tag, but im not entirely familiar w/ MAL's genre policy or how they decide to tag what.
--"The world isn't as bad as you think"--
Apr 19, 2017 11:41 PM

Jan 2017
yoshino has good development in this episode to me,
i really enjoy the anime, and would like to see where it goes
Apr 20, 2017 12:17 AM

Sep 2016
Wait! there are going to be 25 episodes? This has to be good

Lets bonbori
Apr 20, 2017 4:13 AM

Aug 2016
I love Yoshino's personality. Old man still hilarious as always.

Speech got me a bit of dem feels. I like the theme of the town's resistance to change.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Apr 20, 2017 4:33 AM

Dec 2014
Yoshino has finally started tackling the problem at it's origin. If the townspeople are not willing to change themselves/their surroundings then an external factor is not going to magically help them.
It is disheartening working in those conditions, and seeing how unmotivated she was at the start I actually expected her to back down from the position. Instead she made that great speach, that will opefully make this anime finally pick up the pace.
Apr 20, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
Episode crucial to the plot, in a manner likely, suggests that this is the real starting point of everything. Nice, the message you want to give. Drawings, animations and backgrounds, made really well, good PA Works! Characters, they get more and more shape in their characters.
Apr 20, 2017 6:35 AM
Feb 2015
This anime really hits me because i came from a deadbeat town like Manoyama but there's no other place I'd call home.
Apr 20, 2017 7:27 AM

Oct 2014
PA drama.

It's a 2-cour, right?
then I will only call this good if they can finish this big plot around Manoyama in 12-13-14 episodes and for the rest they can address the fact that Koharu also came from small town with similar condition and she abandoned her hometown for Tokyo only to get sent to another small, left-behind, small town that is Manoyama.
It's PA drama, so... asking for the MC to face her hypocrite past is not too much, right?
Apr 20, 2017 7:44 AM

Oct 2008
2-cour P.A. anime LET'S GO BOIS

It's a slow start, but I have a feeling it'll build up to be great.
Apr 20, 2017 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Imho, best show of this season
Apr 20, 2017 9:47 AM

Sep 2016
I just watched Kumamon food show and that was glorious lol, maybe they can make something like that

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 20, 2017 12:26 PM

Mar 2008
novaxy said:

Anyone knows who this Alexandre guy is? Apparently, he's the original creator. If so, it's pretty uncommon to see a non-Japanese working on the reins of an anime production.

I'm guessing it's some kind of special pseudonym for the production committee, why that name of all names I guess remains to be seen.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Apr 20, 2017 1:02 PM

Feb 2015
If I had the choice of watching another episode of Sakura Quest and staring at a wall for 23 mins its would be a hard choice.

This has to be one of the most boring anime I've ever seen. Its beautifully made but I have no interest in the story or characters.

Dropped
Apr 20, 2017 2:07 PM

Feb 2008
Despite its simplistic form, Yoshino's speech had a solid message. I wonder whether she is able to find the town's unique feature(s), with the help of her friends.
Apr 20, 2017 7:42 PM

May 2015
Crashmatt said:
If I had the choice of watching another episode of Sakura Quest and staring at a wall for 23 mins its would be a hard choice.

This has to be one of the most boring anime I've ever seen. Its beautifully made but I have no interest in the story or characters.

Dropped

Wow. really? It's not THAT boring.

Apr 21, 2017 5:44 AM

May 2009
Subaru returned from fantasy world
Apr 21, 2017 6:58 AM
Sep 2012
after watched three episodes, i've got shirobako vibe. then i checked character designer of this anime is same with shirobako. well, no wonder why its character styles look similar.
Apr 21, 2017 8:23 AM

Jul 2016
The only who could change the town, youth, fool, outsider. Dang! Yoshino meet all the requirements. It was a very sincere speech although for a queen, quite underwhelming. Glad that she's now determined to be a good queen for the town.

So far loving the lightness and comedy of the show, plus its beautiful OP and ED.
Apr 21, 2017 8:47 AM

Jun 2009
"Come back yesterday!" - I really like that grumpy old lady.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.