Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2011 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit adelle.

Anyways a great series imo.
Jan 2, 2013 9:58 AM
Jun 2009
This was a worthwhile read. I caught a glimpse of London of the past and people's lifestyle back then. Kudos to the author, Mori Kaoru, for all the research she had done. It was a splendid ride. :)
Mar 6, 2014 7:09 AM

Feb 2012
Mmm.. Adele and Hans. That's like the ice woman gets the ice man. Well, they seem to share love for booze.

But yeah, this is among the best manga I've read. Definitely top 10 material. It's not really about the main couples romance, which is rather gary stu meets mary sue cinderella story, nor about the class differences. It is about the artists love for the work, detail, study of culture. The whole work feels very alive.
Apr 2, 2014 11:13 PM

Jan 2011
What a masterpiece. I could discuss this manga all day. Ugh! What a delightful read.
Be humble or be humbled.
Jun 10, 2014 11:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Adele and Hans, huh? Was to be expected.

The art and background study that went into this was awesome. Kaoru Mori is a great mangaka.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 13, 2016 7:43 AM

Sep 2013
I thought chapter 52 was the end good thing it wasn't. I cant decide which is bette, the manga or the anime, I like them both. The anime removed some unimportant events but they also added unnecessary things. I wished the manga showed a bit of Emma and William's future after having kids like in the anime but at least the wedding was shown. Well anyway I like both the anime and manga. I think they both have their own charm. This series wasn't really the most original love story. Love stories between two people with different social status has been done to death but I can't help but love this series. They executed it very well.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
May 21, 2016 2:28 PM

Nov 2011
Adele and Hans...interesting.

I'm glad to see all the characters having a blast in the series' finale although the main story concluded around chapter 52. Quite a nice series overall, 7/10.
Aug 3, 2016 10:34 AM

Oct 2011
Damn, seriously that last page was so beautiful. I am speechless to this one single page.
It's like the Mori herself do the bowing while saying "thank you for reading my work".

Well it's one a good ride for a drama...
Feb 21, 2017 4:26 AM

Jun 2015
Nice read even for an action or gore buff like me. It kept me in a good mood all through no matter what. Great art obviously. I definitely can see how it's a masterpiece. Ah well, unto the next one for me. Cheers!
'Life is full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations, successes and disappointments. Think positive always and never allow disappointments drag you down. Hell! Disappoint anyone and everyone, but never and I repeat, NEVER disappoint yourself'.
Mar 10, 2018 8:21 PM

May 2010
Plot-wise it might not be the best manga ever, but you have to appreciate amazing, detailed artstyle and splendid research mangaka did for this work. I had such a great time reading each volume! Didn't expect main story to get resolved so quickly, and later get 3 volumes full of short, mainly one-chapter long stories for supporting characters. Loved it, made the world in Emma look so much more realistic and alive!

Main characters weren't that interesting, but beside them so many fun, colorful personalities were introduced, I can't even complain that much. I guess I could say that I wish additional stories were slightly more focused on William's family, especially sibling, because they could become even more complex and developed thanks to some more screentime... but hey, if that's how Mori-sensei wanted things to be, I won't complain too much.

Also, Hans and Adele together?! Shock!

Definitely would love to read more of Kaoru Mori-sensei's stuff in the near future! 8.5/10
Aug 6, 2019 7:55 PM

Nov 2016
Adele and Hans are a good match for each other, 100% approved. And while I really loved all these extra sidestories,I'm definitely glad that they ended this series with the New Era chapters. Although, there was so much going on that picked my interest and that could warrant a new series of chapters.

This series has been absolutely gorgeous.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2019 3:25 AM
Aug 2018
Overall a nice read and some of the additional chapters were quiet nice, the ones about Mrs. Stower and Eleanor, for example.

But many of them were just a waste that. I think it is a shame that the mangaka wasted the chance to use the additional chapters to continue the story in a meaningful way and resolve some of the loose ends.
Nov 5, 2019 11:51 PM

Jun 2015
I really liked the whole manga. The side characters and side stories were all so fun.
:)
Jan 20, 2021 2:42 PM

May 2010
What a great ending to a beautiful series.

I think Emma’s biggest strengths are its gorgeous art and the large ensemble of really lovable characters. And just a really pleasant read overall.

Only criticism I’d bring is that some characters suffer from same-face syndrome lol. I get that the Jones men all bear some resemblance, but at times it was too similar for me. I’d read pages at a time thinking it was Arthur only to realize it was William. Had the same issue with other characters too. You just really have to memorize the hair to nail them down.

Excited to watch the anime now soon and see how it holds up!
Jun 1, 2021 7:43 AM
Jan 2015
Anyone knows what did Alma mean when she tells a butler he can't write her? She serious or is this her idea of flirting?
Mar 9, 2023 6:07 PM
Nov 2018
Edgerunner said:
Anyone knows what did Alma mean when she tells a butler he can't write her? She serious or is this her idea of flirting?
she was playing hard to get
Mar 9, 2023 6:13 PM
Nov 2018
what a great conclusion to such a good manga, to end things on such a high note, on a such a joyus moment and full of hope for the future

More topics from this board

Poll: » Emma Chapter 2 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 17, 2009

3 by Tyujg »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Emma Chapter 59 Discussion

removed-user - Jul 3, 2011

3 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 7, 2023 1:50 AM

Poll: » Emma Chapter 46 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Dec 30, 2017

3 by Tsunamii_ »»
Mar 21, 2023 9:05 AM

Poll: » Emma Chapter 25 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 20, 2009

7 by Tsunamii_ »»
Feb 17, 2023 8:51 AM

Poll: » Emma Chapter 17 Discussion

Tsunamii_ - Feb 11, 2023

0 by Tsunamii_ »»
Feb 11, 2023 12:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.