Mar 2016
And if it is then what of it?
Sep 19, 2016 2:44 AM

Feb 2015
All anime in the industry produced is a money grab after all
Sep 30, 2016 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
They grab for SnK Season 2 you know. xDDDDD

It's not like I can't watch Kabaneri but dank clichés are tooooooooooo much.

Both SnK SS1 and Kabaneri might be the same quality in term of story?
(IDK) but I gotta admit that SnK's Story leave me curious and end up a lot of emotions impact than Kabaneri.
When you didn't get any attack on titan spoilers and watch SS2-EP6 ↓
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzwzpir1WJXeNU5iVy0tWkhHb0U/view
(Broken ass link.. Just check out junkputty SS2-EP6 reaction.)
Sep 30, 2016 8:00 AM

Oct 2013
@Laionidas

Look at the difference in rating mate, most people prefer snk over kabaneri. Also lol at snk having no plot, the plot didn't go full swing in the first season it was mostly build up, but if you take a time and think/pay attention to the plot, and you will have plenty of interesting question that should peak your interest. The plot ispretty subtle in the first season, if you watch snk as a mindless series then you wont notice those subtle plotline/questions.

I knew there was more to the plot in snk, just from watching the first season. You will be shock to know how vast the plot has become when you watch the 2nd season.

I guess it depends on your mind set, kabaneri plot didn't captivate me, it was a decent action series with mumei being cute and fighting zombies.

@WhyAnimeSoCringe

Your curious for snk plot because it's mysterious, and that's what kabaneri lacked in its plot, the mystery to it.
keragammingSep 30, 2016 8:15 AM
Sep 30, 2016 8:43 AM

Jan 2014
keragamming said:
I knew there was more to the plot in snk, just from watching the first season. You will be shock to know how vast the plot has become when you watch the 2nd season.

That may very well be, but hinting at plot in 2nd season doesn't make a plot for the 1st. In fact, it makes the 1st season a glorified trailer. If this is what matters about SnK season 1, it means people are just liking a hype for season 2. That (the hype, not the season itself per se) could potentially turn out very bad.

Also, the fact that SnK is rated higher on MAL doesn't mean it has a plot either, nor does it mean I have to like it.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 30, 2016 9:45 AM

Oct 2013
Laionidas said:
keragamming said:

That may very well be, but hinting at plot in 2nd season doesn't make a plot for the 1st. In fact, it makes the 1st season a glorified trailer. If this is what matters about SnK season 1, it means people are just liking a hype for season 2. That (the hype, not the season itself per se) could potentially turn out very bad.

Also, the fact that SnK is rated higher on MAL doesn't mean it has a plot either, nor does it mean I have to like it.

Nah, snk is set up as this.

Snk s1 introductory, s2 conflict, s3 resolution. Pretty simple, the rewatch value for s1 will be better once you watch s2, s1 is full of foreshadowing.

I dont see snk s1 as a teaser, the first season or the first two arcs is simple to introduce you to the basic plot, characters, antagonist titans/shifters and concepts.

That is just how the story structure is written.
Nov 2, 2016 9:11 AM

Jul 2012
@keragamming
This probably isn't the best place to argue over which was better, but I liked Kabaneri more because I found
- the story significantly faster paced
- the characters more expressive with more distinctive/interesting designs
- the art more vibrant/colorful and aesthetically pleasing
- it relied more on rule-of-cool than shock value, and had a better ending

I'm sure season 2 of SnK will be better than its season 1, but I don't know if I'll like it as much as Kabaneri. I just enjoy everything about Kabaneri's style/presentation more.
Nov 2, 2016 9:56 AM

Oct 2013
Phoebe3315 said:
@keragamming
This probably isn't the best place to argue over which was better, but I liked Kabaneri more because I found
- the story significantly faster paced
- the characters more expressive with more distinctive/interesting designs
- the art more vibrant/colorful and aesthetically pleasing
- it relied more on rule-of-cool than shock value, and had a better ending

I'm sure season 2 of SnK will be better than its season 1, but I don't know if I'll like it as much as Kabaneri. I just enjoy everything about Kabaneri's style/presentation more.

The story is faster pace because its meant to end at episode 12, snk is a ongoing manga. Arguing is pointless, since these series two series is far too different in terms of plot and atmosphere, only similarities is the kabaneri and titans.

Though, I am interested to know why you think the 2nd season will be better than the first?
keragammingNov 2, 2016 11:19 AM
Nov 2, 2016 6:50 PM

Jul 2012
keragamming said:
I am interested to know why you think the 2nd season will be better than the first?
Well you said yourself the first season was more build up, and I've heard that the character development is better between chapters 33~70 of the manga (after two episodes of Kabaneri, I felt like I knew Ikoma better than I knew Eren after 25 episodes)... You think it won't be?
Nov 2, 2016 6:58 PM
Nov 2013
You mean a cash cow? Yep, def agree, OP.
Nov 2, 2016 7:35 PM

Oct 2013
Phoebe3315 said:
keragamming said:
I am interested to know why you think the 2nd season will be better than the first?
Well you said yourself the first season was more build up, and I've heard that the character development is better between chapters 33~70 of the manga (after two episodes of Kabaneri, I felt like I knew Ikoma better than I knew Eren after 25 episodes)... You think it won't be?

The first season maybe build up, but you will have a different perspective of season 1 once you watch season 2. The rewatch value for season 1 will also be greater.

Ofcourse not, was just wondering why you made that conclusion. Season 2 will be better than season 1.
Nov 2, 2016 7:36 PM

Oct 2015
keragamming said:
Phoebe3315 said:

The first season maybe build up, but you will have a different perspective of season 1 once you watch season 2. The rewatch value for season 1 will also be greater.

Ofcourse not, was just wondering why you made that conclusion. Season 2 will be better than season 1.
Is there even going to be a season 2?
Nov 2, 2016 7:42 PM

Oct 2013
Harmony said:
keragamming said:

April 2017, and you don't have to worry it's definitely coming in April, the entire anime staff had a meeting on snk season 2 a few days ago I got this Info from Sawano twitter account t and snk editor twitter account , my bet is that they were discussing on whst date they will release the first trailer, my money is on December.
Nov 2, 2016 8:27 PM

Oct 2015
keragamming said:
Harmony said:

April 2017, and you don't have to worry it's definitely coming in April, the entire anime staff had a meeting on snk season 2 a few days ago I got this Info from Sawano twitter account t and snk editor twitter account , my bet is that they were discussing on whst date they will release the first trailer, my money is on December.
I thought you were talking about kabaneri xd
Nov 2, 2016 8:40 PM

Oct 2013
Harmony said:
keragamming said:

I thought you were talking about kabaneri xd

Definitely not in 2017, since they're working on snk season 2 and magus bride, who knows what other series they are currently working on.

Though, I don't see much reason for a second season, but it's anime original so they can just make up something else for s2.
Nov 3, 2016 6:36 AM

Jul 2012
keragamming said:
I don't see much reason for a second season, but it's anime original so they can just make up something else for s2.
It's not like they would have to completely make up a new story; they're still trying to eradicate the Kabane and find a way to make Kabaneri human again. I think most people who didn't hate the series in the beginning would enjoy another season which focuses more on fighting Kabane. I heard the ending to the second compilation movie will be a bit different, so maybe that'll hint as to whether or not the creators have any intention of making more in the future...
Nov 3, 2016 8:20 AM

Oct 2013
Phoebe3315 said:
keragamming said:
I don't see much reason for a second season, but it's anime original so they can just make up something else for s2.
It's not like they would have to completely make up a new story; they're still trying to eradicate the Kabane and find a way to make Kabaneri human again. I think most people who didn't hate the series in the beginning would enjoy another season which focuses more on fighting Kabane. I heard the ending to the second compilation movie will be a bit different, so maybe that'll hint as to whether or not the creators have any intention of making more in the future...

Just don't expect a second season anytime soon.
Nov 7, 2016 2:31 PM

Sep 2015
I only see the point in these movies if:
1.) New content is added
2.) Current content is remastered

Since the PV's for season 1 had some gorgeous looking scenes that weren't in the anime at all, I'm leaning more towards 1.
... Unless those scenes were cut out of season 1 due to time constraints, or are being put into season 2.

Anyways, I'll still watch the movies just to see if there's anything different. Hopefully the new ending will hint at a season 2, would make me happy since I enjoyed the first season quite a bit...(It's a guilty pleasure, what can I say?)
hardcoperNov 7, 2016 2:34 PM

Dec 9, 2016 5:20 PM
May 2016
Kuroi-Kumo said:
PandaHatMan said:
It's the equivalent to the Gurren Lagann movies, yet the differentiation lies in the fact that Gurren Lagann was actually successful

I didn't know Kabaneri was unsuccessful. If they're making sequels...

From what I know, It seems like it was pretty successful in japan, it just didn't get as much popularity in America
Dec 9, 2016 5:22 PM

Nov 2014
It's not a money grab.

The series is shit so these films shouldn't get any popularity. It's a suicide.
Dec 9, 2016 5:31 PM

Jan 2015
Two recap movies for a mediocre series. Good job, Wit.
Dec 10, 2016 7:27 AM

May 2012
I hope they make a lot of money so they can make similar series in the future
Jan 3, 2017 10:15 AM

Aug 2015
This series is already a big joke and hadn't logic, making two films recaps seems completely useless and even more horrible to watch. :/
Jan 3, 2017 5:08 PM

Jul 2012
TuyNOM said:
This series is already a big joke and hadn't logic, making two films recaps seems completely useless and even more horrible to watch. :/
If you didn't like the original series, don't watch them. Unless you enjoy hating on the series, you're wasting your time. I can understand thinking it's pointless making these films, but why would it be worse? Cut out the OP/ED, and the original series is almost exactly 4 hours, so unlike the Attack on Titan recaps, they wouldn't have to cut anything important at all.
Jan 4, 2017 11:46 AM

Aug 2015
Phoebe3315 said:
TuyNOM said:
If you didn't like the original series, don't watch them. Unless you enjoy hating on the series, you're wasting your time. I can understand thinking it's pointless making these films, but why would it be worse? Cut out the OP/ED, and the original series is almost exactly 4 hours, so unlike the Attack on Titan recaps, they wouldn't have to cut anything important at all.

They did the same for MadokaMagica but it was interesting because many animation-errors were corrected while Kabaneri was really very good and didn't need to come out in film ... unless they foresee a 3rd film to conclude or to make money ... x)
Jan 4, 2017 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
I thought it was already established that this was an obvious cash grab; they're only making a new season because Mumei's figurines sold well Japan or something like that.

Shadower said:
The more anime = the better.

I'd have to disagree with this. Though I do think people should be free to enjoy what they enjoy, thinking more shows will make more things to enjoy is wrong. It'll just bloat the industry. Wouldn't it be better to make shows that creators feel are good, rather than just make a bunch in the hopes that they'll turn a profit? Well, better for the fans anyway, maybe not for those concerned with profits.
Jan 4, 2017 12:47 PM

Jul 2012
TuyNOM said:
Phoebe3315 said:
They did the same for MadokaMagica but it was interesting because many animation-errors were corrected while Kabaneri was really very good and didn't need to come out in film ... unless they foresee a 3rd film to conclude or to make money ... x)
I heard that the ending of the 2nd film will be a bit different, and I'm sure they'll improve some animation here and there.

BillyShears said:
I thought it was already established that this was an obvious cash grab; they're only making a new season because Mumei's figurines sold well Japan or something like that.
Sure they'd like to make more money off Kabaneri, but Araki (among other members of the staff) actually wanted to see the series on the big screen. You're wrong about the figures. :/ The DVDs/BDs sold well enough for them to make another season, but probably the main reason it's happening is because Tetsurou Araki wants to make more. The creators of Kabaneri do feel that it's good.
Jan 4, 2017 1:20 PM

Apr 2014
Phoebe3315 said:
BillyShears said:
Sure they'd like to make more money off Kabaneri, but Araki (among other members of the staff) actually wanted to see the series on the big screen. You're wrong about the figures. :/ The DVDs/BDs sold well enough for them to make another season, but probably the main reason it's happening is because Tetsurou Araki wants to make more. The creators of Kabaneri do feel that it's good.

Perhaps I was misinformed. If they think they're doing good work then it's great that they're making it, even if I don't agree with them.
Jan 4, 2017 2:50 PM

Apr 2014
Shadower said:
Creators can sometimes screw up anime (unintentionally) to learn their mistakes thus improve in the future.

At the risk of sounding cynical I'm going to say that I don't think that will be the case with this anime. Anime is a business before it is an art form, and the creators will likely try to emulate what they were able to do with the first season to try to make this one more commercially viable. But hey, if it does turn out to be better, then I sure as hell won't be complaining.
Jan 4, 2017 2:55 PM

Mar 2014
Of bloody course it is

I mean, why produce a Chinese cartoon that actually has a good story and interesting characters when you can keep on milking that cash cow instead?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 30, 2017 5:21 PM
May 2016
PandaHatMan said:
It's the equivalent to the Gurren Lagann movies, yet the differentiation lies in the fact that Gurren Lagann was actually successful

um... to my understanding the series was actually quite successful in Japan.
Apr 27, 2017 11:54 AM
Aug 2016
NG_Calen said:
PandaHatMan said:

um... to my understanding the series was actually quite successful in Japan.

Yes Japan loves Kabenari!!! Screw them
XD
Apr 27, 2017 11:56 AM
Aug 2016
Touka__Kirishima said:
JeffreyZin said:

Disagree with me all you want, I don't care.

I demanding season 2 so see what might happens next to both Ikoma & Mumei.

lol while they might release s2, expect to wait at least 2-3 years. Hype will have died down considerably by then as well.

It won't
:O
May 17, 2017 11:50 AM

Nov 2015
And so is boruto
And all those Gurren Laggan films
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 23, 2017 3:28 PM

Oct 2008
yeah, 2 movies is totally a bigger money grab than a 12 episode series spread across 3 expensive volumes 🙄
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Movie 1: Tsudou Hikari Episode 1 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 10, 2020

3 by Adnash »»
Dec 12, 2023 1:50 AM

» PV

Salamander2170 - Aug 22, 2016

3 by bilegeyser »»
Apr 16, 2019 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.