Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Minor plot points for Seiren (Potential Spoilers for Seiren and Amagami SS)

New
Dec 25, 2016 8:25 PM
Nov 2015
Just some minor plot points I decided to bring up about the Seiren and Amagami SS relationship. First is Ai Nanasaki, one of the love interests who has a brother named Ikuo Nanasaki who will be appearing in Seiren as a student and as the Main characters childhood friend. Second is the stalker from SS, Risa Kamizaki whom apparently had a younger sister named Makoto Kamizaki which will be appearing as a member of the public morals committee as supporting.

Mod Edit: Modified title for spoiler warning.
ShockedDec 26, 2016 1:22 AM
Dec 26, 2016 1:22 AM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion
Dec 26, 2016 2:16 PM

Dec 2014
Yeah so it should be listed as a sequel on here.
Dec 27, 2016 2:37 AM
Oct 2015
if it's anything like, or has anything to do with amagami i'l watch it :D
Dec 27, 2016 4:59 AM
Jul 2016
It's not a direct sequel more of a spiritual successor to Amagami SS
Dec 27, 2016 1:05 PM

Dec 2014
hadakanohadaka said:
It's not a direct sequel more of a spiritual successor to Amagami SS

I feel like that's something you'd say about Amagami SS to Kimikiss Pure Rouge.

When you bring a character back and introduce family ties to the original then we're already in sequel territory.
Dec 28, 2016 8:57 PM

Apr 2014
Should've put this under the Alternative Settings of Amagami SS since it's pretty clear it is set in the same setting and world.
Dec 28, 2016 11:36 PM

Dec 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
Should've put this under the Alternative Settings of Amagami SS since it's pretty clear it is set in the same setting and world.

I'd disagree with that. Alternative Setting seems to be for same characters in a different setting. For Seiren the characters are mostly different and the setting is still the same.
Dec 29, 2016 6:31 AM

Apr 2014
AmethystItalian said:
tr1ckst3r said:

I'd disagree with that. Alternative Setting seems to be for same characters in a different setting. For Seiren the characters are mostly different and the setting is still the same.
oh, I mean spin-off of Amagami SS.
Dec 29, 2016 6:50 AM

Dec 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
AmethystItalian said:

Even spin off is weird as it's set in the future of the original series.
Dec 29, 2016 7:22 AM

Apr 2014
AmethystItalian said:
tr1ckst3r said:

Even spin off is weird as it's set in the future of the original series.
well that is spin offs, I don't think the timeline matter as long as it set in the same setting and world.
Dec 29, 2016 1:09 PM
Nov 2015
I think in 'MAL' terms this would be classified as "Other" since it takes place in the same universe and such and has some ties to Amagami SS. Just to look at Code Geass's main story and then the movies that relate to it but not directly are under "Other".
Dec 29, 2016 3:28 PM

Dec 2014
PaverschlevMKII said:
I think in 'MAL' terms this would be classified as "Other" since it takes place in the same universe and such and has some ties to Amagami SS. Just to look at Code Geass's main story and then the movies that relate to it but not directly are under "Other".

I feel it should get the same treatment as the Macross series does on MAL.

Set in the future? Check

Same universe? Check

Character relations to past entry? Check

Can't see it being anything other than a sequel when using Macross as precedent.
Dec 29, 2016 4:02 PM

Apr 2016
It would confuse those who'll start watching Amagami SS and see this as a sequel. Amagami SS is based on the VN and this is original, the only thing that they have in common is the setting (+ the 2 relations above). It's better off staying as 'Other' than a sequel to separate them, imo.

I mean it's not Alternate Setting/Version, not a side story and not really a sequel (even if it's years later in the same school, the focus is on different characters).
Dec 29, 2016 5:37 PM

Dec 2014
Raccoon_Citizen said:
It would confuse those who'll start watching Amagami SS and see this as a sequel. Amagami SS is based on the VN and this is original, the only thing that they have in common is the setting (+ the 2 relations above). It's better off staying as 'Other' than a sequel to separate them, imo.

I mean it's not Alternate Setting/Version, not a side story and not really a sequel (even if it's years later in the same school, the focus is on different characters).

Macross is in the exact same situation. Should we change all those to "Other" as well? People seem to manage fine with that show. It's set years later, in the same universe with a focus on new characters.

If anything Amagami has an even stronger relation as they have a character that was actually in both.
Dec 30, 2016 1:46 AM

Apr 2016
AmethystItalian said:
Raccoon_Citizen said:

Macross is in the exact same situation. Should we change all those to "Other" as well? People seem to manage fine with that show. It's set years later, in the same universe with a focus on new characters.

If anything Amagami has an even stronger relation as they have a character that was actually in both.
I didn't watch Macross so I can't say much about it, only that it's an action/mecha/military/romance/sci-Fi/space (so they can have a relation between them related to a conflict/aftermath of something or whatever) while Amagami SS is mostly focusing on romance between those set of people. Especially since it has side stories and a sequel, separating them as 'Other' is prefered.

And honestly, I don't see that one character as a strong relation since he appeared only once/twice iirc while he was sleeping. Plus, we didn't watch Seiren yet.

Anyways, it doesn't matter, I just want this to be as good as Amagami SS and I hope to see Ai as a cameo xD (since her brother is there) and a 2nd season too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

143 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

57 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

99 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

131 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 12:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.