Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 4, 2016 5:04 AM
Jan 2014
Graet ep. Some questions were answered at the cost of the animation (sigh)
Well no biggie since this is still Chiba arc. As long as Chigusa siblings take the spotlight for one more ep. (Seriously though Suzaku better not take charge next ep, he'll get his spotlight in the last eps. Not counting ep 2, Chiba arc has yet to have a 3-ep format)

- Ookuni's death is being covered up by HQ
+Sibling interactions. Asuha be blushing on that shoulder pat.
+New OP is definitely better. Is it bad if my fave part was Chiba vs Kanagawa heads? And that brief Kasumi slowly closing his eyes is ominous for me.
(finally shifting back to SuzakuxCanaria, I don't know what to think on Airi & Gutoku anymore with that creepy smile and all Kasumi/Kanagawa heads better save Aoi)
+Kasumi investigating leads to documents about MANA PLANTS (I guess the pictures with the kids were the ones compatible with the program of the fake world or the ones sacrificed "inside"???)
-Suzaku being moody again. I really don't understand how much his personality shifts on one ep. Wasn't his last appearance last ep he was pissed at Kasumi for taking him away from combat seeing as that's the only left going for him. Now seems like he just gave up. Explanations/Opinions please.
+Kasumi kills another "adult". Suzaku is pissed and we have that scream of his from last ep's preview
+Kasumi vs Suzaku (Was it too much to hope Kasumi beats him?)
+Asuha vs 2 boss Unknowns. Her chip is destroyed and one of the Unknowns is revealed to be Hime as others have already predicted.
+Kasumi vs Suzaku continues and leads to a fistfight (Kasumi finally has some chance). Suzaku tells him as it was a waste that he isn't properly using his ability. Honestly this part was such a bother, I know Kasumi wasn't explaining much but does Suzaku need to be that much of a blockhead to not realize/connect the dots and we needed a duet with Kasumi song from Canaria for him to see "reality"? I don't blame Asuha for not realizing sooner, she admits earlier that while she's better in combat, her subtle comments tells us her Onii was definitely a genius in strategy but Suzaku seems like a smart fellow, he took charge pretty quick earlier and was doing a damn good job at it too. I guess being slightly emotionally unstable he can't think straight? (I may be wrong but really that's how I see it)
(P.S Do any of you think Kasumi's chip is partially broken?)
+Tokyo reunion was nice
+Extra scene after ED, the real world is dyed in red with weird shaped... trees?
-Preview doesn't really tells us much.(P.S are the voices Suzaku, Kasumi, Gutoku, Asuha and... Hime? Probably a new character?)
If there's no one happy, is it really a victory?
- Kuroko Tetsuya
Sep 4, 2016 5:08 AM
Jan 2014
RedShade said:
I just realize this.. but A-1 Picture did this anime?? What?? Man.. why did the fighting and artwork work for this series bad?? A-1 picture did Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso right??
They don't have enough budget or what?
The thing that keep me going through this series is probably because of the story line..
They really need to remake this anime.. have so much potential..

Regarding this episode.. the first half is so-so.. after that all good.

I forgot where I read this but someone said A-1 was doing 4 shows this summer. I guess it must be tough for them which to prioritize in their projects. One can only hope the BD's would be better.
Otaku-thonSep 4, 2016 5:31 AM
If there's no one happy, is it really a victory?
- Kuroko Tetsuya
Sep 4, 2016 5:52 AM

Dec 2012
If I ignore the visual problems, this anime is getting entertaining. I happy that we followed Kazumi,he is my favorite character
Sep 4, 2016 6:26 AM

Jun 2013
a new OP? that's cool and all the dead are back!! yes well they weren't dead to begin with
Sep 4, 2016 8:29 AM
Mar 2012
Even had new OP? all budget went to extra op/ed instead of actual episodes.
Hime & Hotaru alien designs kinda cool, finally an ok fight.
Plot gettingud. Comedy still fine.
that 'boundary of humanity' must be really edgy.
Sep 4, 2016 8:38 AM
Aug 2015
It was ok, but as the story gets better, the animation gets worse.
The main thing pissing me off is actually the fact that Kasumi doesn't even look the same in all the shots.
The story is actually pretty good, not your stereotypical shounen action anime thats to tell.
Just a little bit of better animation would do.
Sep 4, 2016 12:06 PM
Dec 2014
Asuha has actually seen Hime in this episode when her Code was destroyed.
Sep 4, 2016 6:55 PM

Apr 2016
VERY INTERESTING EPISODE!
I am liking the development of the story after some mysteries have been revealed.
So the QUEEN-LIKE Unknowns are Canaria, Hotaru, and Mai-hime. I knew they wouldn't just die like that!
Now they have Icchan on there side and I'm sure Asuha too (since Hotaru destroyed the chip on her back).
I am happy that I didn't give up on this anime and I look forward to the next episode. :)
Sep 4, 2016 10:56 PM

Jan 2011
so the thing we all thought was gonna happen happened so yeah!,only thing killing me is this damn inconsistent animation A1 pls nice to hear the other LiSA song used
Sep 5, 2016 1:35 AM
Dec 2012
Not bad episode, but the animation is... weird
Sep 5, 2016 1:45 AM

Aug 2013
The new op was fantastic.. this anime really gives me a lot of mixed feelings about it.
I'm glad I decided to stick through this until the end.
Sep 5, 2016 3:13 AM
Jun 2016
hehe probably not, but I've had this weird thought that the bad animation is actually plot related, that as the reality of whats happening is exposed, and the humans or what ever on the other side slowly break through where they are, the world loses it's integrity :>
Sep 5, 2016 3:23 AM

Jan 2011
Kasumi, WUT HAPPENED D:

WHO DID THIS?!!

THIS CAN'T POSSIBLY BE KASUMI FROM QUALIDEA CODE?!
AnimeMangaGamer-Sep 5, 2016 3:34 AM
Sep 5, 2016 3:27 AM
Jun 2016
weird looking back at my youtube videos, first episode I thought this was a simulation to train the children

And then in the second I was going, "Okay I think this is reversed and the aliens are humans trying to free the children." due to how the alien was acting that had invaded, it looked more like it was observing the children and trying to rescue then attack :> I'm SO!!! glad I was right about this series. :>
Sep 5, 2016 10:24 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An interesting episode with one hell of a plot twist in the end

I wonder did those seals and their powers prevent them from seeing reality

And i was surprised that that medical officer managed to survive being frozen and broken in pieces though.

Interesting new opening though as it shows Katsumi and Asuha fighting against Maihime and Hotaru

Looking at this episode i think the real villains here are the ones in the interior with the only good officers being Airi and the other commander.

The fight and fist fight between Katsumi and Mc was pretty funny though and can't believe that the female looking unknown was actually Cana.

Anyway this episode was heavy on plot and i can't wait to see what happens next week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2016 12:34 PM

Nov 2012
Wuoohh the plot twist!! That explain why in the last episode that sexy officer had some kind of invisible tentacles.
Just need to bare with 3 more bad arts. Seems A1 give up on art and focus on OST instead (love the new opening).
Yeah with a plot twist like this, sure the BD sales won't disappointing (wan't the better version? Buy the BD/DVD).
Sep 6, 2016 2:29 AM

Jun 2013
She show actually is getting good, but might be too late.

Also am I a bad person for saying "damn it, Canaria is alive." Lol
Sep 6, 2016 12:53 PM
Sep 2016
I watched the 9 released episodes of this anime today and i kinda liked it, the story turned out to be more interesting than i thought. As usual i'm now wondering, why are there still so many review from people who only watched 2/3 episodes lying about the story, the characters or other stuffs that haven't been edited yet? Why are people even writing reviews before watching all the episode of an anime? There are way too many people doing that so i wonder sometimes if i am not actually the one who is lacking common sense.
PachKamaraSep 6, 2016 1:31 PM
Sep 6, 2016 1:14 PM
Aug 2016
I knew it, i f*cking knew it Cana-chan is alivie !!! :DDDDDD BEST DAY EVER

Sep 7, 2016 3:02 PM
Jun 2015
This show has the same concept as the 5th Wave if you get my drift.
Sep 8, 2016 10:36 AM

Jul 2015
Eeeehhhh new opening. I found myself quite enjoying the supposed betrayal of the brother. On the other hand, they couldn't have made it any more obvious what those two unknowns were suppose to be. Now to find out what the heck is going on, and most importantly, what the heck all those ships and stuff are that they have been fighting because either they have killed thousands of people, or those were just machines or something, either way, I want to know how many of them are actual people.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 10, 2016 5:42 PM

Nov 2011
The plot twist and the mystery vibe are good,
I knew that Canaria isn't dead, nice to see her again...

unfortunately, the animation ruins the entertainment!
To desire some results, one must take actions
Sep 17, 2016 7:38 AM

Apr 2015
Animation was so bad tbh but the plot this episode was quite good.
Sep 21, 2016 9:25 AM

Jan 2014
so that's what this is about!
it's a chip that reverse your vision. so, they've been killing each other the whole time?
Sep 25, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2009
So they were all hostages of the bad guys and the people they tried to kills was trying to save them, great thing the girls are alive.
Oct 4, 2016 6:01 AM
Dec 2014
Lol had a feeling they were all still alive.

I'm actually really enjoying this anime.
Dec 25, 2016 6:24 PM

May 2015
Memor said:
Well, there goes the development. Now we'll go back to boring edgelord MC when it could've been so interesting following Kasumi.

I regret praising the series for killing off so many MCs but they're already coming back - how much do you want to bet Hime and the other girl will have the same happen to them? The new OP sure agrees.

What are you on about? The twist made the show better.

Apr 5, 2023 10:10 AM

Dec 2022
That plot twist. I actually didn't see it coming. Canaria is alive, and I have no idea why anyone thought the female main character would be killed off four episodes in. The episodes are getting progressively better, which I appreciate.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Qualidea Code's name meaning

Havamug - May 25

2 by AmirTheGrey »»
May 28, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.