Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Taboo Tattoo
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 20, 2016 3:25 PM

May 2012
I hope it gets a 2nd season

Yea the anime is rushed but I still enjoyed. Also, I love Arya. I want to see her more
Sep 20, 2016 4:19 PM

Aug 2014
They got Americans pegged down perfectly, it's too bad the colonel couldn't nuke the bitch. I'm also positively surprised they killed off the annoying childhood friend, not many series do that.

The art and animation were very good, but everything else... average, borderline bad.

BB and Tamaki - best characters.

5/10, mostly because of those two and the animation.

Would probably sit through a Season 2, powers and battles were cool.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 20, 2016 4:47 PM
Feb 2016
I can't believe I survived this anime without cancer!

This anime was unimaginative, unoriginal and lazy. It threw every cliché and anime trope at us each week in an unforgiving and shameless manner every week, many of us returned wishing it would eventually redeem it's self but were left crying for mercy when it continued the way it did.

I can't believe this trash was funded and might get a continuation. This makes me question the anime industry and Japanese 'god damn' common sense. I've seen hantai more interesting than this for crying out loud.

This has earned it's way to my list of worst anime ever, deeply shaming me for having the courage to endure this until the end.
Sep 20, 2016 5:49 PM

May 2008
The premise was good, sad that it went, well downhill from there. Second half was all over the place sadly.
Sep 20, 2016 8:44 PM

Jan 2013
God awful anime of the season.
Sep 20, 2016 11:37 PM

Mar 2014
kind of similar to Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge and yes its shit
Sep 21, 2016 12:22 AM
Jun 2015
Wait is Izzy dead?
Sep 21, 2016 3:25 AM

Jan 2014
What the heck really happened? This anime was quite terrible and they end it in a rushing fashion?! Oh well...

From the little that I've watched, this is the worst anime in 2016 for me so far.
Sep 21, 2016 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
This show was the SHIT!
Best comedy ever!
USA! USA! USA! USA!
I'm a Pierro!
Tamaki breaking every single death flag in the known world makes this a perfect 10 for sure! XD

Then we had two sub-par characters suddenly transform into monsters from Pacific Rim. Shucks, you directors think of everything don't you.

And whats with Seigi sitting around with Izzy's dead body waiting for the sun rise? A bit morbid for comic relief, no?

Here's hoping we get a season 2 to alleviate the confusion of that post credits stuff. Those other little sisters would definitely make for a more interesting cast. All 400 of them :P
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 21, 2016 3:58 PM

Jul 2013
WTF is this series all about?

I don't even know if the series is trying to be serious or just taking the piss out of someone
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2016 8:34 PM

Aug 2014
Overall this was a pretty fun ride but super confusing (istill didnt know what was really going on plus im not that satisfied. this shouldve been made into 25 eps with more explaining and those monsters have always reminded me of the ones from God Eater
Sep 22, 2016 3:36 AM

Aug 2015
What the hell was this, I was like wtf almost the whole episode and then the "next time prewiew" or whatever at the end. I hope that there will never be another season or whatever.

Overall this episode was 1/5 and the whole series 2/10, just terrible
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2016 3:53 PM
May 2010
The hate for this episode as well as the series is immense. I'm probably one of the few people in the world who actually enjoyed this. I don't know, you just can't ignore that awesome Godzilla like Kaiju battle during this episode. Tamaki Survived?! I'm not jumping on the boat of people whose glad he survived but at least he is alive. Tell me I've no taste in anime but this was rather enjoyable, in the serious sense and in comedic sense as there were some pretty funny times throughout. I'd give this series a 7.5 out of 10. Honestly I've watched way worse and really it's not a series that really bothered me all that much, I've never read the Manga so I haven't a clue how badly they butchered it with this adaption. However I'm not fussed, I got some enjoyment out of it so I think that's all that really matters. At least I didn't drop this series due to unbearable characters, cause at least they were somewhat "Well Written."
Sep 22, 2016 7:11 PM

Feb 2013
I thought this was going to be so awesome, it had so much potential, and they just sort of squandered it.

Also....like.....is there more? They ended it with a preview....but I'm not seeing anything else.

Anyway, I still enjoyed it, it just wasn't that great. Would watch a second season, or ova's or something.

6/10
Sep 23, 2016 1:31 AM

Dec 2014
I still vividly remember the first fight between the two main characters. The quality of the action was so amazing.I was totally blown to see that level of fighting animation.Not a single animation felt looped.Even the choreography was brilliantly done.
And now the final showdown battle.As if the budget went down rapidly with each episode. I can tolerate horrible plots and storyline but the Animation is something I am unable to compromise.However, ranting about this here or anywhere is futile, guess I am just letting my anger out.

Sep 23, 2016 8:25 AM

Dec 2012
YEAAAAAAAAH BUDDY!!! Tamaki is alive! Best protagonist ever, 10/10. Wait, dammit I mean...

Yes Sanders you're a clown. You're a fucking jester. Couldn't go 3 lines without talking about your desire to cram something up your ass. USA! USA! FUCK! FUCK!

LOL @ that teaser at the end. Or hell, maybe that was really the conclusion. Lord knows it could have been considering the warp speed pace this was going. It's like someone was playing with the fast forward button without warning. "What do the other two think?" Well one thing's for sure, this one has had enough.

How to even describe this show. I love the music but god what a letdown. When that OP started playing in the fight I was like "Aw hell yeah, this gon' be good." And then it's just two dinosaurs punching each other in a two-shot for 5 minutes. Yawn. What a terrible bait and switch, this show starts with one of the coolest fights ever and then devolves into a sporadic nightmare of cringe.

Well it's not all bad. It reminds me of Charlotte in the sense that it had some really great pockets of potential in an otherwise mediocre package. It's a bit cliche but I did like how Seigi's sense of justice progressed, from a boy's naivety to hateful revenge to absolution. Even that moment when he said that saving everyone includes saving Arya. And Arya could make some nice points now and then, even when she was groping every female character in sight. Izzy was also undoubtedly the best part of this show. Can't tell if she's dead though. The way Seigi is paying homage to her seems to suggest that, but she appeared in teaser so who even knows at this point...maybe she got a robotic body and soul since Wiseman is full of all sorts of surprises. Cheeky bastard.

5.5/10, my justice won't allow it to go any higher than that. It's taboo.
ZekkenshinSep 23, 2016 8:30 AM
Sep 23, 2016 9:00 AM

Sep 2016
Smudy said:
That episode really confirmed that J.C. Staff really took the piss with this adaptation. They knew that the source material is shit xD

USA USA USA USA USA, THAT'S THE AMERICAN WAY! KABOOOOOM BLOW EVERYTHING UP XDD Americans won't like this anime for sure ^^

TAMAKI LIVES 10 FUCKING 10
hoq many animes do you discuss a day? What an active user you are
Sep 23, 2016 6:30 PM

Nov 2013
The sources remind me somehow of the Nodos from Heroic Age.

This last episode was alright. Nice to see, that Izzy isn't dead.

A cliffhanger in the end. I woudn't mind a second season.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Sep 23, 2016 8:58 PM

Sep 2011
What a disaster. I don't think we'll ever get anything as good as Jackie Chan Adventures ever again.
Sep 24, 2016 4:33 AM
Jan 2016
Well, I suppose I'm glad Tamaki survived... and that's pretty much it.
Sep 24, 2016 2:57 PM
Apr 2014
Seriously... What? That's all I've been thinking continuously since Seigi's girlfriend died while watching this anime. I don't even know what's going on anymore.

Like... Why was that lion girl defeated with just one punch to the face? How did the samurai girl lose so easily while Seigi wasn't even able to use his abilities? Where did those two guys come from so save Izzy at exactly the right time? And why didn't she give a shit about both dying? What the fuck was that at the end(don't tell me this whole affair of "wat" gets another season...)? And that's just the stuff I remembered right now.

At least Tamaki is still alive. He triggered so many death flags it is a miracle he survived all that.

terminador_2397 said:
Tamaki survived , all is well.

Tamaki Survived/10

^this
Sep 24, 2016 4:38 PM

Jun 2013
God this was so bad. It started out with a potential but it soon went downhill like anything. And like most action anime they followed the same overused formula of heroes don't win and villains don't die instead they just skirmish in an endless loop until the writer decides to progress with the plot. At least the fanservice was somewhat consistent compared to the absurd story which was all over the place.

Initially the protagonist Seiji was interesting with his knowledge in martial arts but like any other gullible "hero of justice" became pretty irrelevant since all the antagonists were OP as hell. They should've made BB the protagonist instead or at least make Tamaki the protagonist in season 2 if this garbage of a show ever gets one LOL

A well deserved 3/10.
Sep 24, 2016 8:02 PM

Mar 2008
7/10, I enjoyed it enough overall. Definitely not great, but not horrible to me either. Interesting that there's a preview for a potential season 2.
Sep 24, 2016 11:00 PM

Dec 2012
USA ! Fortunately Tamaki survived.
This anime was so hard to watch, I forced myself at each episodes, it reminded me Big Order. The animation is good, but expect that there is nothing. The hero is boring and totally changed during a time skip (seems legit...). I happy that it's over.
Sep 25, 2016 9:09 PM

Jun 2008
I was going to give it a 2/10 but the last episode was hilarious so I'm giving it a 3/10.
Sep 26, 2016 4:32 PM

Mar 2009
what was that epilogue thing lol.
did this show ever know what it was doing?

I'd say this was the worst anime of the season, besides Qualidea Code. And I watched almost everything.

The only nice things I can say about Taboo Tattoo:
-the girls were hot as fuck.
-fight scenes in the beginning were very dynamic and stylish.

That's it. Waste of time otherwise.
Sep 26, 2016 6:02 PM
Sep 2016
this anime was just all over the place especially this last episode...what kind of a battle was that
and they are really hinting at a 2nd season, really?...smh
Sep 26, 2016 7:40 PM

Jul 2015
Oh... oh dear god... that was the end... I lost interest and started skipping parts. I didn't even realize that was it until the princess screamed some crap while losing the battle, and then the credits rolled... Oh my god that was terrible. This was horrible. This was such a mess. And to think this started off so well, so awesomely... only to end so poorly, and pathetically, and then they have the nerve to hint at a season two. No. That is not okay. Big Order was bad, but at least it was hilariously bad, and pretty consistently bad, like, every episode was a learning experience on how not to do things, this just made me feel like I was wasting my time away. It made me feel bad. 2/10. How disappointing this was.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 26, 2016 8:32 PM
Mar 2014
for the first time in my life
i dont want 2nd season
its horrible...
Enjoyed the first few episodes
then i was like what?what and what until the end..
Sep 28, 2016 7:46 AM
Nov 2015
Anyone else think that this anime was a pretty big letdown... I meant the pacing was terrible and characters weren't really interesting. Tom and tamaki were slightly better cos they were hilarious but other than that I literally have no clue how I finished this series.... If this gets a season 2 but chivalry of a failed knight doesn't, hell is gonna break free
Sep 28, 2016 9:13 PM

Apr 2014
Probably the worst ending of this season, I had hopes this show, and that it would finish stronger after the decline in quality over all. Oh well, the ending was too rushed and open ended, But you do get a little bit of closure, and some comedy. CLOWN!!!!!!
Sep 29, 2016 11:32 AM

Apr 2014
Woah! That really felt rushed as fuck! Well at least this anime was pretty enjoyable overall.
If there is a very slim chance of this anime getting a second season I will still gonna watch it.
Even if it won't happen I'll just read the manga. Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 6 (or 7?) out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 30, 2016 4:09 AM
Jun 2016
Tamaki stole the show , man
all i'll say about this weird ass show
Oct 2, 2016 9:52 AM
Apr 2015
This was one of the most dissapointing series of the season, from ep 1, which was the pilot, they lied, i will not remember this.
Oct 2, 2016 12:22 PM

Jul 2009
I am glad it's over, this show was another big disappointment. If at least Arya was able to turn into a goodness it would be a bit better, but no...not going for a 2nd season.

6/10
Oct 3, 2016 4:52 PM

Feb 2013
WTF was that at the end? A movie trailer?

This anime kind of lost it's way at the end here. It started with great fighting animation and brilliantly awkwardly place humor... which was missing from the end.

5/10 (average) Had the end not been so disappointing, I would have given this 6 just because it was a fun show to watch.
Oct 6, 2016 6:49 AM
Jan 2016
Hehe this anime started up grate and trolled halfway then shit its pants towards the end. Really bad anime it just couldn't decide what it wanted to go with. Too many WTF moments.
Oct 8, 2016 1:52 AM

Jun 2011
Jesus, that was painful to watch, and to think that I really liked the first episode too. I wish it had stayed simple and not try to do too much beyond the capacity of the author, such a shame. By the halfway point of the series I was thinking to myself, maybe the manga was better; by the end of the series I am convinced to drop the manga all-together. The teaser looked really good, but I have zero faith in this series after what they've shown in the second half.

My biggest grip is with the protagonist, I thought he wasn't gonna be a bitch, damn did he disappoint. I also hated the nonexistent consistency in characterization and development.

Sigh, it's such a shame, and I thought I'd finally get a good action series.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 8, 2016 6:59 AM

Oct 2015
The only thing i am happy about is the survival of tamaki. Everything felt so forced with this show. It probably could have been better as twenty four episodes since there was so much oversaturation (too many characters and things happening with very little explanation).

also I got these vibes from this series

Oct 8, 2016 11:19 AM

Aug 2012
Wow , this series is so bad . I was so hyped when i watched the first ep :( .
Oct 9, 2016 9:11 AM

Jan 2014
lol wat?? they're really going for 2nd season?

now all the sister trying to become God despite their feelings to prevent Arya to become God, wuuttt??

I thought Wiseman is on America side, then what's going to negotiate?
Oct 9, 2016 10:12 PM
Oct 2016
Yeah its really all over the place and such but would not be too bad to see what another season would do. It perplexed me when i saw the last ep's ending because i thought it was for sure ended. And maybe it was just a joke, who knows.
Oct 12, 2016 4:10 AM

Feb 2012
USA/10

Second Season and Movie trilogy when?
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Oct 13, 2016 10:23 AM
Mar 2012
Seigi vs Cad was good. Ideology & altruism vs revenge babble adds a bit lolz. But source fight was hell dark & messy, lazy editing.
Tamaki surprisingly badass like BB. Honestly i liked the other stupid fun characters too, but some plot's irritating.
Quite surprised Wiseman actually smart & pwned Arya, made us believe Seigi's a sacrifice & the virus would break the 4 keys. Pretty cool how instead, the virus leeches soul power from all the sisters.
Elder sis is respectable, but couldn't you break the link?
Oct 13, 2016 11:38 PM

May 2015
TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST I DID ENJOY IT ONLY FOR THE JOKES AND ECCHI AFTER THE 2ND HALF It really went down the drain not as bad as cerberus but really crappy.If they were aiming for people to get interested on the source material they should have never tried that rushed ending.Things were all over the place.
Oct 17, 2016 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
IT'S FINALLY OVER.
Oh god, took me so long to finish this...
I don't even know exactly why, but well, that's what I consider I shitty series. Even tho the music and animation was good, the show itself is complete garbage.
This forced drama was terrible...
Give it a 6/10 out of misery
Oct 19, 2016 9:25 AM
Nov 2010
I find it really hard to find anything good about this anime, but it was somehow watchable.
Oct 23, 2016 7:55 AM

Apr 2014
I wasted my time, but oh well.
Oct 23, 2016 4:06 PM

Feb 2014
Damn! That blond Loli was unharmed after all she did with my childhood friend boops! Damn! Give me her back! If that MC can't do nothing about it I'll do it! I'll do it! Don't hold me.. Don't hold me!
Nov 4, 2016 12:41 PM

Mar 2015
The only good thing about this episode was BB and Izzy's reunion. Glad I'm finally done with this crapfest.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know why this anime has this hate and low ratings

Naveen6662246 - Apr 3

15 by YaGurlSaiyan »»
Sep 6, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

120 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

138 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

96 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

104 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.