Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 24, 2015 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
Expelled From Paradise was stunning in terms of the animation and graphics. The 3DCG was the best I've ever seen.

Also, Gen Urobuchi + Rie Kugimiya :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 24, 2015 4:21 PM

Nov 2014
A Letter to Momo is a stunning hand drawn (digitally painted) film. It features real lip-sync, which is very rare in anime. It's directed by master animator Hiroyuki Okiura who was a key animator on Ghost in the Shell, Akira, and other classic titles. He made his directorial debut with Jin-Rou, which also looks amazing.

Feb 25, 2015 7:44 PM

Nov 2014
I'm watching Redline right now. My jaw is on the floor...

Feb 25, 2015 9:26 PM

Apr 2014
Well shit. It's after midnight and after watching the Redline trailer I'm pumped! Who needs sleep, anyways?

Considering how popular it is, I'm sure everyone here knows about Fate/ Stay Night UBW, but it's the best I can come up with so it'll have to do, haha.

I don't really take art style into account when I rate a show unless it's atrocious, but I can't deny that I prefer kickass visuals if it they're not in lieu of the actual story.
Feb 26, 2015 12:30 AM

Sep 2014
Oh snap, Redline looks badass.

Everyone keeps giving F/SN UBW godly ratings, but I found Fate/Zero to be vastly overrated. I mean, it was good but not...worship worthy. Someone gave me flak because I gave it a 7 not a 10. lmao...like 7 is a bad score to begin with. *eyeroll*
Feb 26, 2015 12:40 PM

Apr 2014
Totally agree. I gave the first half of both shows a 6/10 (8/10 for 2nd half of Zero, though). Way too many unfinished fights, which was just irritating and unsatisfying.

I find it odd how people seem to think 6's and 7's are bad scores. I enjoyed most of the anime that I gave a 5, so a 7 means I never even considered dropping it.
Feb 27, 2015 10:01 PM

Sep 2014
Overrated as it is, Fate/Zero looked amazing as well. F/SN UBW looks beautiful as well. Tempted to check it out even though I'll probably be disappointed.
Mar 2, 2015 8:41 AM

Feb 2013
I'd pick Adolescence of Utena, but I don't know many movies...
My choices for TV anime would easily be Nagi no Asukara and Hanasaku Iroha though.
Apr 12, 2016 8:50 AM

Jun 2012
In terms of movies: Garden of Words, 5 Centimeters Per Second, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Metropolis, Redline, Blue Exorcist: The Movie, the Kara no Kyoukai movies, When Marnie Was There, The Place Promised in Our Early Days... can we make a list for this?
"I'm gonna make you bleed like me!"
Characterization Society
Discord
Oct 6, 2016 1:37 AM

Jun 2015
aikaflip said:
A Letter to Momo is a stunning hand drawn (digitally painted) film. It features real lip-sync, which is very rare in anime. It's directed by master animator Hiroyuki Okiura who was a key animator on Ghost in the Shell, Akira, and other classic titles. He made his directorial debut with Jin-Rou, which also looks amazing.

maybe i need to be ranting in a different thread but i thought jin-roh was a pretty awful movie. i'm used to watching shounen/seinen and have a high tolerance for violence but that scene where the protagonist has a nightmare about a pack of wolves eating the girl was so unnecessary and exploitative and weirdly rapey and grossly fanservice-y that i had to stop watching right then and there. graphic violence can be awesome but when a show has pretensions of being serious and then tries to feed us unnecessarily graphic and sexual images of a young girl being shot and eaten, something is really wrong.
Oct 6, 2016 1:53 AM

Nov 2014
hanamichi1031 said:
aikaflip said:

maybe i need to be ranting in a different thread but i thought jin-roh was a pretty awful movie. i'm used to watching shounen/seinen and have a high tolerance for violence but that scene where the protagonist has a nightmare about a pack of wolves eating the girl was so unnecessary and exploitative and weirdly rapey and grossly fanservice-y that i had to stop watching right then and there. graphic violence can be awesome but when a show has pretensions of being serious and then tries to feed us unnecessarily graphic and sexual images of a young girl being shot and eaten, something is really wrong.

You make valid points. In retrospect, that movie was gratuitously dreary. It's too bad their animation talents weren't used on a better story.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Thank You

aikaflip - Sep 16, 2018

0 by aikaflip »»
Sep 16, 2018 10:26 AM

» LGBT representation

aikaflip - Feb 5, 2015

37 by aikaflip »»
Sep 17, 2016 10:11 AM

» Feminist Characters, Anime, and Manga

aikaflip - Feb 4, 2015

37 by satoneshichimiya »»
Jul 20, 2016 8:34 AM

» Characterization Society Discord Group

BadMediaKarma - Apr 14, 2016

1 by aikaflip »»
Apr 14, 2016 4:47 PM

» Overrated anime

SaveTheAralSea - Apr 7, 2015

12 by SaveTheAralSea »»
Apr 1, 2016 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.