Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2016 11:59 AM
Jul 2018

Our club isn't only a place for design, but also a place to make friends on MAL!

Get up, say Hello! and a few words about yourself if you're new to the club - I begin!

My name's Kacper and I'm a Polish guy who's in love with modern design. I was born on 9th of February 2000. I am also the creator of our club. It all began when I was 16 and had not much to do with my spare time. I'm one of these people who can tell you freely to "Go kill yourself", but trust me, my heart is softer than chihuahua's. I live in Grays, which is a relatively big town in England. I listen to emocore, emorock, progressive house, some EDM, Polish rap and Japanese pop. In the future, I'm planning to become a Police Investigator or an Aerospace Engineer, time will show ;). Feel free to leave a comment on my profile if you're willing to become friends with me and have a great day!
removed-userFeb 21, 2016 6:12 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 18, 2016 8:37 AM
Feb 2015
My name is Jonathan, and I'm a fellow designer. I currently live in Southern California. I have 8 years experience in freelance VFX, graphic design, and video production. I graduated Chapman University with a BS in Mathematics (I was a film major the first two years). I'm currently working for a Biotechnology company as a SAS Programmer. On the side I develop iOS apps, java/python scripts, and I've recently started to learn CSS/HTML for MAL. I'm obsessed with gaming, movies, anime, tabletop games, cooking, coding, designing, anything related to the water (swimming, scuba diving, beach, etc.).

I welcome any pm's or comments to hear your story! :)

KravekFeb 18, 2016 9:06 AM
Feb 18, 2016 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
inthedark72 said:
My name is Jonathan, and I'm a fellow designer. I currently live in Southern California. I have 8 years experience in freelance VFX, graphic design, and video production. I graduated Chapman University with a degree in Mathematics (I was a film major the first two years). I'm currently working for a Biotechnology company as a SAS Programmer. On the side I develop iOS apps, java/python scripts, and I've been recently learning CSS/HTML for MAL. I'm obsessed with gaming, movies, anime, tabletop games, cooking, coding, designing, anything related to the water (swimming, scuba diving, beach, etc.).

Oh hi, can you link any of your iOS apps? I'd be more than happy to see them!
Feb 18, 2016 8:42 AM
Feb 2015
Recuvan said:
inthedark72 said:
My name is Jonathan, and I'm a fellow designer. I currently live in Southern California. I have 8 years experience in freelance VFX, graphic design, and video production. I graduated Chapman University with a degree in Mathematics (I was a film major the first two years). I'm currently working for a Biotechnology company as a SAS Programmer. On the side I develop iOS apps, java/python scripts, and I've been recently learning CSS/HTML for MAL. I'm obsessed with gaming, movies, anime, tabletop games, cooking, coding, designing, anything related to the water (swimming, scuba diving, beach, etc.).

Sure thing, but I'm still a beginner learning so they are fairly elementary. Here are the ones I've completed and uploaded to the store:

Simple game
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dynamite-hold/id987077615?mt=8

Life counter for MTG
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lyfe-counter/id989533867?mt=8
Feb 18, 2016 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
inthedark72 said:
Recuvan said:

Sure thing, but I'm still a beginner learning so they are fairly elementary. Here are the ones I've completed and uploaded to the store:

Simple game
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dynamite-hold/id987077615?mt=8

Life counter for MTG
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lyfe-counter/id989533867?mt=8

Both apps require iOS 8.2 :/. Too bad, I only have an iP 4 running iOS 7 here. I don't really use it as I'm an Android user, so it's lying there in my desk cupboard, doing nothing. However, both apps are nicely designed as I can see from the screenshots, so keep it up! ;)
Feb 20, 2016 3:26 AM

Jul 2015
Hello everyone!
I just joined the club because i always wanted to see a club like this here on MAL. Plus, i really like Recuvan's CSS layouts (btw how are you Recuvan? Everything good? :) we had a chat a few days ago in case you don't remember)
In the future i will be able to help more the club. Currently practising my HTML and CSS skills. The only thing i can do now is to take a club banner and post it to my profile.
Thanx for reading everyone!! :)
(edit: By the way, is it possible to request a layout?)
PokitaruFeb 20, 2016 3:30 AM
Feb 20, 2016 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
@orion_gospel, obviously, I do remember you, how could I forget my friend from Greece?

Everything is going fine, the club is currently in the ALPHA phase so any ideas such as the "Request a layout" thread are much welcome! There probably won't be an official layouts requesting thread, but I'll make sure that there's one made by me or whoever else wants to do it (for both profile and list layouts).

Have fun!
Feb 20, 2016 4:40 AM

Jul 2015
Recuvan said:
@orion_gospel, obviously, I do remember you, how could I forget my friend from Greece?

Everything is going fine, the club is currently in the ALPHA phase so any ideas such as the "Request a layout" thread are much welcome! There probably won't be an official layouts requesting thread, but I'll make sure that there's one made by me or whoever else wants to do it (for both profile and list layouts).

Have fun!

I see. I'll come up with other ideas so i can help.
No problem, i was just wondering if that's going to happen :)
I'll also edit my signature. I'll put a club banner just to promote it even more. I'd loce to see more people to help you create more layouts based on your awesome style! ^_^
For everything else i'll let you know. Text me anytime you like in case there's something i have to know or anything else.
Thanx! :D
Feb 20, 2016 4:57 AM
Jul 2018
orion_gospel said:
Recuvan said:

I'll also edit my signature. I'll put a club banner just to promote it even more. I'd loce to see more people to help you create more layouts based on your awesome style! ^_^
For everything else i'll let you know. Text me anytime you like in case there's something i have to know or anything else.

To be honest, there isn't a need to promote the club with such flourish. This is just the beginning and the club doesn't have much to offer yet ;).

I was thinking of uploading the .psd file to the banners on our forums, so people can edit it; or make a banner request thread in which you tell us which template do you want and what text do you want to go on your banner. This will both look nice and include more information - your username and the xDesign club logo, rather than our mainstream slogan and the logo.

Also, ryukan is currently working on a smaller version of the banner.
Feb 20, 2016 5:05 AM

Jul 2015
Recuvan said:
orion_gospel said:

To be honest, there isn't a need to promote the club with such flourish. This is just the beginning and the club doesn't have much to offer yet ;).

I was thinking of uploading the .psd file to the banners on our forums, so people can edit it; or make a banner request thread in which you tell us which template do you want and what text do you want to go on your banner. This will both look nice and include more information - your username and the xDesign club logo, rather than our mainstream slogan and the logo.

Recuvan said:
orion_gospel said:

[spoiler]To be honest, there isn't a need to promote the club with such flourish. This is just the beginning and the club doesn't have much to offer yet ;).

[/spoiler]
Oh ok. I edited my signature now if you want me to change it i'll do it, no problem :)
That sounds really nice! Can't wait to see what you will do guys :D
Feb 20, 2016 5:22 AM

Sep 2015
I forgot to introduce myself.
Hello! My name is DeathBorne I love watching all kinds of animes, listening to music and editing.
I'm not really good with introductions so that's all I'm gonna say Thanks :) .
Feb 20, 2016 5:24 AM
Jul 2018
DeathBorne said:
Hello! My name is DeathBorne I love watching all kinds of animes, listening to music and editing.

Welcome ;).
Feb 20, 2016 5:35 AM

Sep 2015
Recuvan said:
DeathBorne said:

Welcome ;).

Thank you Mr. random I'm glad to be here.
Feb 20, 2016 6:06 AM
Jul 2018
@orion_gospel, you may now request a custom club banner!
Feb 20, 2016 8:51 AM

Nov 2014
Heya, I'm Ryan. I'm a 19 year old self taught web/UI/UX designer. I'm currently looking to become a professional designer through apprenticeship programs! I'm proficient in HTML & CSS (a bit of jquery) and I'm currently teaching myself SASS/Less, PHP, jquery (its more of just extending my knowledge of this), ruby/rubyonrails, SQL, AngularJS & Python. When I'm not designing sites I am either teaching myself the Japanese language, building computers or playing CSGO/League with friends.
Feb 20, 2016 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
@Shixma, welcome!
What rank do you have in CSGO ;)?
Feb 20, 2016 8:54 AM

Nov 2014
Recuvan said:
@Shixma, welcome!

Only MGE, not that great.
Feb 20, 2016 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
Shixma said:
Recuvan said:
@Shixma, welcome!

Only MGE, not that great.

Bro, I dropped from LEM to Silver Elite as I haven't played for half a year in the first place so I lost my rank and then the update that made everyone go down a few ranks came out... Well, I still play it but clearly for fun ;).
Feb 20, 2016 10:05 AM

Jan 2012
hello there! i'm jean, i'm a 19 year old boy and i'm italian, there's nothing great about me except the fact that i love trying all sorts of things and i love graphics and coding even though i'm not really good at it. i joined the club because recuvan's skill are A+ and i'd love to meet new people who share my same interests! also hopefully this club will help me become less rusty in my coding!

listography twitter anime comics
Feb 20, 2016 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
vanrokus said:
hello there! i'm jean, i'm a 19 year old boy and i'm italian, there's nothing great about me except the fact that i love trying all sorts of things and i love graphics and coding even though i'm not really good at it. i joined the club because recuvan's skill are A+ and i'd love to meet new people who share my same interests! also hopefully this club will help me become less rusty in my coding!

Welcome, bro! And I wouldn't rate my skills as an A*... They're merely a C. All I know is a bit of Photoshop and CSS, that's it.

Also, enjoy your stay in our club!
Feb 20, 2016 8:29 PM

Sep 2015
Welcome @vanrokus and @Shixma :)
Feb 21, 2016 11:03 AM

Jan 2012

thank you! hope we can be friends!

Feb 23, 2016 1:57 PM

Feb 2016
Hello, my name is Aline and i'm a 20 years old girl from Belgium. I studied Multimedia and after that i followed an extra year as web developer. I can work with a lot of programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere, Cinema 4D,... I know HTML, CSS and a bit of PHP. At the moment i'm learning myself JavaScript. I've also worked once or twice with LESS and JQueryUI and can make responsive websites. But don't ask me to make a design, i really suck at that.

Feb 23, 2016 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
aliinetje said:
Hello, my name is Aline and i'm a 20 years old girl from Belgium. I studied Multimedia and after that i followed an extra year as web developer. I can work with a lot of programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere, Cinema 4D,... I know HTML, CSS and a bit of PHP. At the moment i'm learning myself JavaScript. I've also worked once or twice with LESS and JQueryUI and can make responsive websites. But don't ask me to make a design, i really suck at that.

It's great to have people like you here ;)! Welcome!
Feb 23, 2016 1:59 PM

Feb 2016
Recuvan said:
aliinetje said:

It's great to have people like you here ;)! Welcome!

Thank you ^^

Feb 24, 2016 5:04 PM

Jan 2015
Hi guys, I'm Remy, 32, French and based in London. I have very basic knowledge in CSS and HTML where I can code up a basic responsive email newsletter, and I have worked on the design of a few websites so also done some CMS work. I can also do some PsD and InD and professionally have briefed and managed web and graphic designers for the last six years. Outside work I'm also teaching myself Japanese and I ride a motorbike.

I'd been looking for a club with designers and coders for awhile and thought this was a nice and friendly one, I'd love to see what you guys are going to do with the new site updates so, keep me updated ;)

Merci
Feb 24, 2016 11:28 PM
Jul 2018
remmi_demmi said:
Hi guys, I'm Remy, 32, French and based in London. I have very basic knowledge in CSS and HTML where I can code up a basic responsive email newsletter, and I have worked on the design of a few websites so also done some CMS work. I can also do some PsD and InD and professionally have briefed and managed web and graphic designers for the last six years. Outside work I'm also teaching myself Japanese and I ride a motorbike.

I'd been looking for a club with designers and coders for awhile and thought this was a nice and friendly one, I'd love to see what you guys are going to do with the new site updates so, keep me updated ;)

Merci

Welcome to the club!

So you're a web designer/motorbike rider kind of person. You can call me the same thing, just swap the motorbike with a quad bike ;).
Feb 25, 2016 12:55 AM

Jan 2015
Recuvan said:
remmi_demmi said:

Merci

Welcome to the club!

So you're a web designer/motorbike rider kind of person. You can call me the same thing, just swap the motorbike with a quad bike ;).

Except I merely wish I were a web designer ;)

Do you offroad then? Are you able to take it on the road?
remmi_demmiFeb 25, 2016 3:40 AM
Feb 25, 2016 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
remmi_demmi said:
Recuvan said:

Welcome to the club!

Except I merely wish I were a web designer ;)

Do you offroad then? Are you able to take it on the road?

I need to get the driving licence for quad bikes, then I'll be able to take it on the road ;). But I usually ride around the countryside when I get a chance to.
Feb 28, 2016 7:19 PM

Dec 2015
Hello! I'm Henesys, a casual anime watcher from southern California. I'm not some amazingly talented designer, but since Kacper (Recuvan) personally invited me to join I thought it would be nice to meet all you talented people out there.

Just a little about myself:

• Favorite anime: Kuroko no Basket
  • Favorite manga: Tokyo Ghoul
  • Favorite music: Rap, jazz, EDM, soul, R&B, pop, alternative, rock
  • Hobbies: Basketball, reddit, Twitter, anime, games
  • Interests: Design, astrophysics, NBA, dank memes

I'm one one of those members that need the real designers to do their work, and then mess around with it to make it personal. Thanks for having me. Cheers!
Mar 2, 2016 8:43 PM

Jul 2012
Found out about this club through Love/Ryukan's sig. Very interesting club~

I'm a jack of all trades, but mostly graphic design nowadays. I run a Manga scanlation group and I do extra stuff on the side. I only know Javascript, CSS, and HTML at this point, in terms of web dev.
Mar 3, 2016 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
Mayuka said:
Found out about this club through Love/Ryukan's sig. Very interesting club~

I'm a jack of all trades, but mostly graphic design nowadays. I run a Manga scanlation group and I do extra stuff on the side. I only know Javascript, CSS, and HTML at this point, in terms of web dev.

Nice to have you here!
Mar 4, 2016 6:25 AM

Feb 2016
Thanks for the invite!

I'm female, from the US, and I studied architecture, so I know design but nothing about web (but it's on my to do list!). My main reason for being here is that none of my friends irl really watch anime, unfortunately. It's nice to meet you all :).

Other stuff: I got a Mac and swore off gaming* after Guild Wars ate my life. I might be going back to school soon if they don't decide I suck turtle balls, so fingers crossed, because otherwise I'll have to get a job. And I do yoga.
Mar 5, 2016 10:44 AM

Oct 2013
I didn't realise you had a club. Anyway, hi I'm 16 and from the UK (although I have no idea where the hell Grays is). Unlike some people above, I have no special computer skills. I just like anime. A lot. Nice to meet you all!

Mar 7, 2016 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
Welcome @spinninground & @LittleBlackBird :)
Mar 14, 2016 11:07 PM
Jun 2015
hello there! i'm Sky, there's nothing great about me except the fact that i love trying all sorts of things with bbcode on my profile layout and i love graphics and coding even though i'm not really good at it. i joined the club as i got an invite and i'd love to meet new people who r really talented.

as for my design skills i'm really poor n i don't put an effort into it...:P but suggest me anything..

Nice to meet y'all!

as for design i do sketches if that counts..u can see them here..
Mar 24, 2016 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
ℍ𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕠 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕖~

I'm Becca or Fuwa for short if that confuses anyone, haha. I'm currently 19, I'll be 20 in November Q ^ Q; pls not old yet and I'm from the US in California. I'm currently trying to learn the basics of HTML/CSS on Dash but I've been getting lazy with it, oh no I didn't start getting really involved into things on MAL than just keeping a list of the animes that I watch until recently this year when I joined my first club, became a writer for MAL Rewrite, and now I'm here with you guys trying to improve myself even more o: I'm not so great at what I do, but I'm trying to learn along the way and I hope that I'll be able to code all the different languages in the future waaay waaay down the road (I've heard so many horror stories about C++ pls tell me they are all a lie sob sob)

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and learning new things! o:
P.S. ˢᵒʳʳʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᵃˡˡ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜʳᵒˢˢᵒᵘᵗˢ
Mar 24, 2016 7:24 PM

Sep 2015
@fuwa-ai Welcome to the club :)
Apr 2, 2016 7:48 PM

Jan 2012
welcome guys!! i feel like everyone here is a pro and then there's me lmao

Apr 5, 2016 2:25 PM

Nov 2015
Hello there! I am only 15 years old and am ORIGINALLY from India. I am very (x99) new to editing and the only thing I can do is BB codes... Tho I have doubts in those too... I am clumsy and I often make mistakes... But, If there is something to help this club (THO REALLY NOT MY PLACE), I would be glad to help it out....
And also improve my skills when at that :P...

And that's all, I guess...
No wait..
Apr 10, 2016 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
KiriZama said:
Hello there! I am only 15 years old and am ORIGINALLY from India. I am very (x99) new to editing and the only thing I can do is BB codes... Tho I have doubts in those too... I am clumsy and I often make mistakes... But, If there is something to help this club (THO REALLY NOT MY PLACE), I would be glad to help it out....
And also improve my skills when at that :P...

And that's all, I guess...
No wait..

Achchiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That signature tho *_*
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » What do you think about premium list designs?

Shixma - Mar 25, 2016

0 by Shixma »»
Mar 25, 2016 2:54 AM

» [BBCode] Custom club banners!

removed-user - Feb 20, 2016

5 by Storm-Sage »»
Mar 10, 2016 12:09 AM

» [GUIDES] Achieve better design with these

Shixma - Mar 4, 2016

2 by removed-user »»
Mar 5, 2016 4:01 AM

» [GUIDE] Get started with font icons in a MAL list using icomoon.

Shixma - Feb 24, 2016

7 by Shixma »»
Feb 26, 2016 8:36 AM

Sticky: » [Guide] CSS TUTORIALS

removed-user - Feb 18, 2016

2 by removed-user »»
Feb 25, 2016 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.