Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2015 1:08 AM
Jun 2014
Luciberi said:
PatchworkEden said:
not getting the edge stuff at all...

it's normal that you don't understand why kaneki is on edge now. we need more chapters to understand what is going on in his head. that's it.

or is he really on edge? he looks calm and composed.
No, i'm not getting why people are even calling him edgy or Edgeneki..
Love ~
Dec 21, 2015 2:22 AM

Dec 2014
Edgy doesn't mean being on edge nor being nervous on the internet, that's all I'm going to say.
My sanity is going away quickly.
Dec 21, 2015 2:42 AM

Jul 2014
GreenBenjamin said:
Acernos said:
Kanou just said that he would apply the theory of how to make Qs with own techniques and would need new bodies, has never been mentioned in the chapter he plans to resurrect Shirazu.

why people are so obsessed with it?

Furthermore, in more than 200 chapters in this franchise, there has never been something like resuscitation, and please, I'll tell the thousandth, Amon and Takizawa have never been shown dead, what's different from Shirazu.

There was a biiiig difference between Seidou and Amon compared to Shirazu. We saw them get fatally wounded but not die. We see shirazu fatally wounded, lose his eyesight and hearing, stop breathing in uries arms then time passes by to when matsuri comes, shirazu still not moving, Kaneki comes in much later, shirazu still not moving, he's put in a fuckin truck for dead people, and lying motionless now on a surgery table. He's dea jim.

Well, good if so, but I won't be surprised in the slightest, if they bring him back. After all even Rize was brought back tp some extent. And characters do have trouble dying.
Dec 21, 2015 3:29 AM

Jul 2014
sigh...
Dec 21, 2015 4:15 AM

Nov 2014
Shirazu is fucking dead, get over it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2015 4:18 AM

Mar 2014
Touka with bigger tits = a more supreme Goddess.

God bless this chapter.
Dec 21, 2015 4:36 AM

Dec 2014
ziggy_Z said:

God bless this chapter.
Eto>>>Touka.
Dec 21, 2015 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
Wait... Was that Kaneki at the last page? The art is so horrible I can't tell who is who.

Damn ETO, you're naughty af. ETO x KANEKI
Dec 21, 2015 4:47 AM

Mar 2014
Nuvviveji said:
ziggy_Z said:

God bless this chapter.
Eto>>>Touka.
Dec 21, 2015 5:05 AM

Apr 2014
Ozymandias20 said:
Wait... Was that Kaneki at the last page? The art is so horrible I can't tell who is who

Mate you need to get your eyes checked. It was Arima with his hair dyed black.
Dec 21, 2015 5:16 AM

Mar 2014
Nuvviveji said:
ziggy_Z said:

God bless this chapter.
Eto>>>Touka.

For some reason I am not really fond of Touka's new style in general. I'd prefer most girls of TG to her.
Dec 21, 2015 5:34 AM

Jul 2014
Ozymandias20 said:
Wait... Was that Kaneki at the last page? The art is so horrible I can't tell who is who.

Damn ETO, you're naughty af. ETO x KANEKI

Oh look, another one. Do you feel pain in your head when you look at a door? When you think about pushing or pulling? It must be hard for a charming being such as yourself to actually function.
ArcanixDec 21, 2015 5:47 AM
Dec 21, 2015 6:40 AM

Dec 2015
Will the next chapter come out in 6 days or it's postponed to 2016?
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

Dec 21, 2015 6:43 AM

Jul 2014
Next year.
Dec 21, 2015 6:43 AM

Dec 2014
Postponed.
Dec 21, 2015 7:12 AM

Nov 2014
Glad Shuu's alive :) Kaneki going through another phase... first, it's human!Kaneki; second, it's shiro!Kaneki; third, it's ghoul!Kaneki; fourth, it's Haise; and now, it's arima!Kaneki...
It seems like he's colder than ever... It'll be interesting to see his future interactions with the old gang.
Dec 21, 2015 7:16 AM

Nov 2014
Kvothe51 said:

He'll definitely get a revival. He was too big of a part of the development of the Q's, and there was definitely a bunch of foreshadowing in this chapter... Plus, that would really emotionally/mentally screw the Q's up and that's what Ishida-sensei's best at :3
Dec 21, 2015 7:20 AM

Nov 2014
deadoptimist said:
GreenBenjamin said:

There was a biiiig difference between Seidou and Amon compared to Shirazu. We saw them get fatally wounded but not die. We see shirazu fatally wounded, lose his eyesight and hearing, stop breathing in uries arms then time passes by to when matsuri comes, shirazu still not moving, Kaneki comes in much later, shirazu still not moving, he's put in a fuckin truck for dead people, and lying motionless now on a surgery table. He's dea jim.

Well, good if so, but I won't be surprised in the slightest, if they bring him back. After all even Rize was brought back tp some extent. And characters do have trouble dying.

^^ this
Also, yeah, what's happening with Rize?
Dec 21, 2015 7:24 AM

Jul 2014
Kvothe51 said:

Lol, why do you phrase it as if everyone who says he may come back is so worried about his wellbeing? Personally, I'd prefer if not only he but many more characters were dead, but even Rize was brought back. Few prominent characters die. Yeah, Kanae did, but we got an insight into her mind only before her death and for the sake of it, and even then she got that longish confession, which I see as oversentimental.

Well, the other option is that the hunt for his body will take a lot of screentime. It’s just the way TG is now – even if dead, they don’t leave the plot (even Naki’s pals are still there). Damn, I so want to see the character list shorter and more focused already. The overviews take too much time, and we don’t even know the thoughts of most of the cast. I mean, we don't even know what Akira thinks about playing mom with Amon's killer, for example.

kuro-ooji said:
Also, yeah, what's happening with Rize?

I doubt anyone knows, but I must say I was so disappointed she was alive. What purpose can she serve in the plot now? I truly can't imagine.
I am not looking forward to any form of her reemergence.
deadoptimistDec 21, 2015 7:27 AM
Dec 21, 2015 7:51 AM

Nov 2014
Oh my word
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2015 7:55 AM

Jul 2014
Ishida should check this thread to hire some of you. Who wouldn't want to hire someone that knows more about his work than he does.
ArcanixDec 21, 2015 8:25 AM
Dec 21, 2015 8:26 AM

Dec 2014
kuro-ooji said:
Kvothe51 said:

He'll definitely get a revival. He was too big of a part of the development of the Q's, and there was definitely a bunch of foreshadowing in this chapter... Plus, that would really emotionally/mentally screw the Q's up and that's what Ishida-sensei's best at :3
Are we reading the same manga?
I don't believe so because if you were reading the same manga you would know that he CANNOT be revived and that Kanou only took his body TO RESEARCH the Q's kakuhou frame.
Seriously, what's wrong with you people?
Also....using Rize as leverage to prove that the Shirazu revival is going to happen is absurd.
People die in TG when they are shown dead, Shirazu was shown dead, Rize wasn't, Kanou just said she was, and we all know that he's an honest old chap and he was probably telling the truth.
Dec 21, 2015 8:49 AM

Dec 2015
kuro-ooji said:

Shirazu is dead, introducing a new "mechanic" to revive people would be a dumb move by Ishida and considering that Tokyo Ghoul is a "serious" Manga I don't think he'll make such an error albeit I would have liked a flashback, he didn't have one iirc.

Dec 21, 2015 8:54 AM
Oct 2012
deadoptimist said:
GreenBenjamin said:

Man, again, Rize was never shown dead, just wounded, you can not differentiate these discrepancies?

Shirazu case = hairu, Kijima and Mado,

Rize case= Kaneki, Amon, Takizawa, Irmi and Koma

you do not understand the difference between these two cases?
AcernosDec 21, 2015 9:37 AM
Dec 21, 2015 8:55 AM

Oct 2014
Arcanix said:
Ishida should check this thread to hire some of you. Who wouldn't want to hire someone that knows more about his work than he does.
That'd be a great burden off his shoulders
Dec 21, 2015 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
pretentiousgabby said:
Arcanix said:
That'd be a great burden off his shoulders

He could spend more time working on "The penisman"... it's a win/win for us.
Dec 21, 2015 9:08 AM

Jul 2014
Well, you know, it sure is more fun to discuss things than to just condescendingly sigh all the time, more productive and interesting too.
It's good when those who think themselves superior readers give a good example and contribute something to the threads, but if they mostly just offer sidelines comments, isn't their oh-so-superior reading irrelevant?

Acernos said:
Man, again, Rize was never shown dead, just wounded, you can not differentiate these discrepancies?

Rize case= Kaneki, Amon and Takizawa.

see?

But we knew she had construction material dropped on her, then she was used as a source of transplantation bits for experience. Normally, you'd expect her to expire, especially since she isn't a crucial character anymore. Just how long and for what reason should her existence be prolongued?
Whatever the case - characters are very sturdy, and death card is played very often without real consequences.

I've already stated that the other option would be a hunt for his body. Anyways, despite being supposedly dead he isn't going to leave the plot soon, as it seems. The character list shortens slowly and grows fast, that's what I mean.
Dec 21, 2015 9:11 AM

Jul 2014
Well there obviously is a fucking reason for her to still be alive... or else she would be dead. I don't even know what you're trying to point out with bringing Rize. Just because you can't think of anything, of course it must mean that Ishida has no clue what to do with Rize anymore and he let her live just for the sake of it.

And even if she somehow will be alive just to stay in a random corner of that town eating dicks... i still don't see what your issue is with it. That was her story. She was used as an organ donor and now she's being a dick eater somewhere in Tokyo. She has grown older eating dick and died of old age while biting another dick. 10/10 story.

Or everyone has to die for their story to end? Oh x and y died... fuck them, let's not mention them again because they are dead right?

And about the "hunt of the body". Of course that CCG would totally ignore Aogiri and wouldn't have a confrontation with them if they wouldn't have taken Shirazu's corpse. But fuck having additional reasons, things that could get characters involved(yes the quinx).

There are like 20 characters that are relevant in TG. Are them really that many? Are the character numbers really grow so much? Let's have Kaneki meet a guy every 10 chapters, nuke him and then move on to another character because we wouldn't want to confuse the readers.
ArcanixDec 21, 2015 9:23 AM
Dec 21, 2015 9:32 AM

Jul 2014
It's really no good for a plot to have a character seemingly killed in the beginning, shown a glimpse of in the second half as if it's something important and left in the limbo forever - 58 chapters into the second half, for example.

I start to think that the story is rather unfocused by now, and that saddens me, cause TG was better at this. Ishida obviously can write well, but the overall composition starts to feel kinda random to me and a bit self-indulgent at times.
It's been many chapters, but so few things have changed overall. And there're tons of doubles and negated progression. Like, for example, Shu's father going into confinement in a dramatic way and then going out just like that. I just wanna to see some plot progression already... And I think that the slow turnaround between the overblown cast is what stalls it.

Arcanix said:
There are like 20 characters that are relevant in TG. Are them really that many? Are the character numbers really grow so much? Let's have Kaneki meet a guy every 10 chapters, nuke him and then move on to another character because we wouldn't want to confuse the readers.

I dunno, seems like more to me. But everyone starts to get a backstory (especially before death) and there're even more characters introduced and so many of them are left on standby. So slow!..
deadoptimistDec 21, 2015 9:37 AM
Dec 21, 2015 9:35 AM

Jul 2014
There is plot progression with Kaneki and that is the only plot that matters. What was the "plot progression" in the first 100 chapters of TG? yep
Dec 21, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2014
Arcanix said:
There is plot progression with Kaneki and that is the only plot that matters. What was the "plot progression" in the first 100 chapters of TG? yep

Oh, it was structured at first. Turned into monster>got accustomed to a new world>got into trouble>cracked>?looked for answers.
But I knew what ppl were doing for the most part. CCG, Aogiri, Anteiku, Kanou - these were more or less established players. And I knew what most of them thought about each other.
In TG:re I don't even know what exactly Kaneki thinks about CCG killing ghouls, nor Arima has become clearer, despite everything. I dunno what Akira thinks about Kaneki. It's unclear how Anteiku's cast is really doing. And there're not only the previous parties, but also Eto, clowns, Shu's family, maybe Amon running wild, quinx. So many factors.

And if only Kaneki is important, why not kill Shu the hell off and move on...

*sigh* I hope the plot will go faster.
Dec 21, 2015 9:47 AM

Apr 2014
Rize got her own one shot in the prequel before the reveal that she was being used as an experiments. Ishida wouldn't waste his time make a oneshot chapter specially for someone who isn't gonna be crucial later on. Then there's her background, there's still too much we don't know about her and people who did know, like Yomo, kept it hidden from Kaneki on Yoshimura's order. Back in Tsukiyama arc, Itori said something how Rize's supposed death wasn't an accident. Now for what reason? Why did Souta drop the construction materials on her? Why did she recognize him?

See, there's enough reason to justify why Ishida kept her alive since we won't get an answer to all of those questions if she was dead.

Edit: About the characters and other plot points, TG is obviously a long running manga and will be longer than 300 chapters based on how Ishida is structuring thngs. I don't why you're being impatient because it won't end in the next ten chapters and we'll eventually get to all those.
Z4KDec 21, 2015 9:54 AM
Dec 21, 2015 9:49 AM
Oct 2012
deadoptimist said:
Well, you know, it sure is more fun to discuss things than to just condescendingly sigh all the time, more productive and interesting too.
It's good when those who think themselves superior readers give a good example and contribute something to the threads, but if they mostly just offer sidelines comments, isn't their oh-so-superior reading irrelevant?

Acernos said:

Rize case= Kaneki, Amon and Takizawa.

see?

But we knew she had construction material dropped on her, then she was used as a source of transplantation bits for experience. Normally, you'd expect her to expire, especially since she isn't a crucial character anymore. Just how long and for what reason should her existence be prolongued?
Whatever the case - characters are very sturdy, and death card is played very often without real consequences.

I've already stated that the other option would be a hunt for his body. Anyways, despite being supposedly dead he isn't going to leave the plot soon, as it seems. The character list shortens slowly and grows fast, that's what I mean.

It is like Arcanix said, just because you can not imagine something does not mean that the author has nothing prepared.
Dec 21, 2015 9:58 AM

Jul 2014
Acernos said:
It is like Arcanix said, just because you can not imagine something does not mean that the author has nothing prepared.

I get that this opinion is unpopular, but I think that there should be some foreshadowing for the future events and only the necessary characters should be described in detail with extensive flashbacks and such. I hate the watery writing, when the author starts to write about the world, not a story. (Can't read the Song of Ice and Fire bacause of this too.)
When someone has been away far too long and then gets back despite not being in the picture it's often as contrived as if Jesus descended from heavens.
I do hope TG:re won't be like this ("And now we reintroduce the long-absent Rize to change the situation arbitrarily").

Z4k said:
Rize got her own one shot in the prequel before the reveal that she was being used as an experiments.

Ok, thanks. Haven't seen that one.
Though there is a side mini-series about Arima and we still don't know his deal, nor have got to the end of the long foreshadowing about how genius is painful for those surrounding him. I hope now that Kaneki may be consplaying Arima we'll know more about the White God of Death himself.
Dec 21, 2015 10:03 AM

Jul 2014
That was mostly for Banjou so that we get why he was "interested" in Rize.(the 46.5 or whatever chapter)
Dec 21, 2015 10:11 AM

Jul 2014
Arcanix said:
That was mostly for Banjou so that we get why he was "interested" in Rize.(the 46.5 or whatever chapter)

Ah, yeah, that one I remember, thx.
Dec 21, 2015 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
Arcanix said:

I doubt that was the only reason since Banjo wasn't even introduced until chapter 50. Thought it was to show how she ended up in 20th ward and met Kaneki.
Dec 21, 2015 10:22 AM

Dec 2015
Now that you mention it, where the fuck is Banjou, huh? I liked him...

Btw, I find meaningless complaining about the lenght of the Manga and it's more meaningless to complain for something that Ishida hasn't showed us yet, be patient, after Tokyo Ghoul ends you can complain whatever you want but until that moment just enjoy the show.

Last but not least, I bet that Rize's role hasn't ended.

Dec 21, 2015 10:25 AM

Aug 2014
http://imgur.com/a/BI8kC

There's the colored version of this chapter for anyone who wants it.
Dec 21, 2015 10:28 AM

Dec 2015
MangaKing said:

Is this "original" or just fan-made?

Dec 21, 2015 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
SleighBells said:
MangaKing said:

Is this "original" or just fan-made?

Fan-made
Dec 21, 2015 12:47 PM

Aug 2015
Furuta>everything

That "Donna Doonna Dooonna" song is a song that tells a story about calf being led to slaughter

calf=CCG fodders
the ones who slaughters them=Aogiri
the one who led them to this=Furuta

It's a really intersting fact if you support the theory about Furuta being Souta and so being a clown
Dec 21, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2014
And who's the swallow? ^^
Dec 21, 2015 1:39 PM

Dec 2015
So Kaneki got his original hair color back or what?
Dec 21, 2015 1:47 PM

Nov 2014
Kajmakk said:

No, it's most definitely red.
Dec 21, 2015 1:53 PM

Jan 2015
Kvothe51 said:
Kajmakk said:

No, it's most definitely red.

Isn't it supposed to be half green? Or is that next chapter where it happens?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Dec 21, 2015 1:55 PM

Dec 2015
Wtf

Dec 21, 2015 3:04 PM

Jan 2014
Boring chapter. Only the last page was curious but I dont think that new look Kaneki like emo is a good idea.

3/5
Dec 21, 2015 3:15 PM
Aug 2015
Am I the only one who thinks Eto was masturbating to those pictures of kaneki while she was taking a bath 🛀
Dec 21, 2015 3:28 PM

Sep 2014
At least Shu has his father even though he has practically lost everyone.
Even dead, Shirazu won't have his deserved peace It hurts to know,... ;_;
Kaneki will do everything to be stronger... Even copying Arima-sama with Eto's boost thing... He doesn't look mentally sane imo, which worries me
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.