Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 9, 2015 10:22 AM
Jun 2014
Please do not discuss any plot points which haven't appeared in the anime yet. Theories are ok to discuss. Minor spoilers are generally ok. Failing to comply with the rules may result in your comment being removed.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 9, 2015 11:41 AM

Jul 2014
It's amazing how Lain set up all that equipment in her room by herself! Those men with the eye pieces, who are they? Maybe not Knights, but some other hacker group out to get her?

I also think Lain's sister will have more involvement in the show, as she's shown up a few times already; seeing Lain on the screen and in the clouds might mean something later.
Aug 9, 2015 12:51 PM

Sep 2013
So the knights are the ones who are continuing the experiments and they want to kill Lain because she would obviously try to stop them, at least that's how I interpreted it.

\[T]/ \[T]/ what's with those kids I wonder. Lain looks like she's powerful and she doesn't know it.
Aug 9, 2015 12:58 PM
Jun 2014
Episode 5

We get to see more of Lain's sister get involved in seeing things, if these things are even real. Its all so surreal and strange, is it just a part of her imagination gone wild or something coming to fruition and affecting the real world.

Lain is different. Lain is more I wouldn't call it outgoing, but more vocal is the right term for it. I feel as though something about this prophecy and Lain are connected in some way, maybe her becoming 'God' of the wired. Also the conversations she has on her own with her (imagination) herself are really strange. Are they people of the Wired or just her thinking and conversing with herself.

Episode 6

This one I feel is more straightforward in the story. I feel as though there is more progression here in this one episode. Lain is something of a force in the Wired from what I can see, and to see Lain make insults to a person in the Wired where she could barley even operate her Navi is something for a view. The Knights attacking Lain is something I didn't see ever coming so good on the writers on the show for pulling the wool over my eyes.

Overall

Lain is just getting better and better. I am excited to see how this rising action is settled.
Aug 9, 2015 5:42 PM

Oct 2012
So if I remember correctly, there was an experiment 15 years ago (when lain was born?) about harnessing (esper?) powers. Also judging from episode 4 lain seems to have these powers. And now she wants help these kids or something.

Lain's sister seems to have had her soul taken out of her, when after the dinner/dream trip scene lain sees (her soul/spirit?) disappear and since then she just looks lifeless.

Lain's personality is rapidly changing and becoming, I would say "cold", for lack of a better term, and seems like a comepletely different character. And the show hasn't explained things like the person who looked like her (at the club), and people randomly knowing who she is.

But all in all, with these monologues about the world, prophecies, and god, seems like is becoming a God of the wired if her appearing in the sky like an angel is not enough proof.

But I still don't understand anything and all my knowledge is based off inferences, lol. Also does anyone feel that it's been Two years since episode 1?

More importantly, what are the specs on dat PC?
zxrdmAug 9, 2015 5:50 PM
Aug 9, 2015 7:10 PM
Jan 2015
breannadabomb said:
It's amazing how Lain set up all that equipment in her room by herself!.

It's really interesting seeing Lain's room turn from just a kids room with some stuffed bears into a tech dungeon. I wonder if all the equipment she seems to have gotten her hands on is because of this Wired "God", who has been shown to have a influence on the physical world.

The explanation of the Wired is pretty strange and difficult to grasp as well, as it seems like it's kind of a higher existence than merely physical. It's interesting seeing Lain's personality change so drastically in these episodes because while we know that she's online a lot, until this point we hadn't actually seen her in the Wired. It makes me wonder how much of the strange things occurring in the real world regarding Lain are through her own doing (knowingly or not) or through the work of God.
Aug 9, 2015 9:07 PM

Aug 2014
Here I thought those kids were giving Goku energy for the Spirit Bomb.

It seems the Knights are using that online game Phantasma or w/e to get kids for their powers for some plot get the wired more influence perhaps?

Also those guys in the black suits may not actually be enemies as I first though and may actually be the ones fighting against the Knights.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Banner

Star-Dazzle - Jan 4, 2018

0 by Star-Dazzle »»
Jan 4, 2018 1:32 PM

» New Life In An Old Club?

Temporarity - Mar 16, 2017

0 by Temporarity »»
Mar 16, 2017 1:40 PM

» Rewatches?

PenguinsRTheory - Oct 28, 2015

1 by doolbie »»
Oct 28, 2015 1:46 PM

Sticky: » Haibane Renmei FINAL DISCUSSION

doolbie - Sep 29, 2015

1 by RealMagazzer »»
Sep 29, 2015 7:19 PM

» Haibane Renmei Discussion Episodes 9-10

doolbie - Sep 27, 2015

0 by doolbie »»
Sep 27, 2015 8:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.