Forum Settings
Forums
THE LEGEND OF THE STRONGEST, KUROSAWA!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2012 4:17 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Blaming Kurosawa for that fellow's action is totally unreasonable.
Oct 16, 2012 2:57 PM

Nov 2010
Things have definitely daken a turn for the worse. It was pretty unlikely that Kurosawa was going to be on the top of the world for long anyways.
Jul 4, 2013 12:29 AM

Oct 2008
But it's his own fault his son wants to do something insane. It's not like Kurosawa forced them to watch his fight. I mean, I guess he was desprate so he came to Kurosawa, but he's still kind of a moron.
Anyway, really good chapter, I wonder where this is going..
Oct 30, 2014 11:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It's really not Kurosawas fault.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 6, 2019 5:34 PM

Jun 2016
I thought about why Kurosawa went along with the father. He as a protagonist is a guy who's crux was the fact that he went along with the world and what was expected of him. This meant the story wasn't necessary guided by him although it was in the respect of him working towards getting people to like him while doing his job. We've seen many times he values duty a lot and perhaps that hasn't changed as he could feel duty bound to see this through since he did influence Takashi. Further, he is just a nice guy who gets swept along with things.

Like now Ono wants to fight him. Seriously! Because he's mad that he's social, assertive, positive, and forceful. He thinks he's cocky. It reminds me of a certain Kurosawa and Akamatsu relationship from early on in the series. Kurosawa is just doing his best and Ono is taking offense to that. The situation is slightly different and Ono is the kind of guy to punch first and think later, he seems like the type to be true to himself and ignore his duty unlike Kurosawa, even if he's wrong about what he thinks this time. Yet, the hatred of a happy guy doing a good job is the connection here and I find that quite humorous.

In fact, perhaps that experience Kurosawa had, realizing he hadn't lived a meaningful life, choosing to be reborn and take back his pride by fighting and from then on give his all and live HIS own life has truly changed him since last chapter. It made me realize perhaps Akamatsu was 'living' this whole time and now Kurosawa is applying those lessons to something not so literal as a fight. This time, with construction work. I was worried he'd become overzealous and truly cocky but the fact he didn't realize he was different nor did he make any grotesque faces like he would when he was cocky and expecting things to go his way means I don't that happened. Perhaps the peak of his near death experience was grotesque but here he constantly looked happy and like he was doing his best which makes me think it only developed him positively. Plus it was nice to see Inada and Asai's group seem to have stayed friends with him despite how he, to me, seems to be making Asai uncomfortable now and the fact that he nearly killed Inada... I wonder if Inada could really get over that so easily.

Anyways, now we have two plot points open, another gang of jerks vs a kid with a dagger and a Kurosawa wannabe who wants to kick Kurosawa's butt. Cool...
Feb 20, 2022 4:26 PM

Feb 2022
It's so nice seeing Kurosawa feel happy and conformable in his own boots! I really had a grin from ear to ear seeing him chirping around his workplace. It's actually inspiring and reminds me of the importance of self-confidence.
"As the four seasons between Heaven and Earth flow in an endless cycle, so too, must man work his way through his own cycle of seasons continuous." - said by In'ei (Vagabond) quoting Kamiizumi Nobutsuna

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 90 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 10, 2011

38 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 68 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 25, 2012

4 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 16, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 60 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 9, 2011

9 by burningjustice »»
Apr 14, 3:46 PM

» The official English translation is terrible! Why?!

TheMAM - Aug 4, 2023

4 by TheMAM »»
Aug 5, 2023 1:28 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 67 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 25, 2012

5 by outolunch »»
May 28, 2023 9:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.