Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode felt somewhat slow but I like the overall tension of it. The victim list is revving up..

I think Kindaichi figured out something there with the ropes though. The culprit has been pretty crafty. Hello cliffhanger~
Aug 30, 2014 5:56 AM

May 2013
Looks like Hajime has figured it out. Can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 30, 2014 7:51 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A lot of investigation this time. Apparently, Kindaichi has figured out the mystery at the end, but why does Kenmochi still looks suspicious?

I suspect Erina and Aoi are behind this.

Aug 30, 2014 10:42 AM
Jul 2012
I'd guess Busujima:
1 Last memory Kenmochi has is with him
2 Threatening texts point to Kenmochi, Busujima, or 2 dead accomplices
2a Obviously not Kenmochi, and Busujima twist fits theme of show (and whodunits in general)
3 Only Busujima had the non-fatal gunshot before the killer killed him
4 Busujima was "trusted" by the victims
5 My hunch says Erina and Aoi is the obligatory red herring
6 Not a locked room murder if the victim (faked) suicide
7 Busujima also had motive for revenge - didn't feel he deserved punishment and accomplices got off with slap on the wrist, plus just a psychopath
CallMeIshmaelAug 30, 2014 10:57 AM
Aug 30, 2014 10:49 AM
Aug 2014
The preview for file 4 try to portray the lawyer as the murderer so he probably innocent XD
Aug 30, 2014 11:52 AM
Jul 2014
It seems like they're setting a trap for the murderer. Can't wait to see the tricks. Seems tricky.
Aug 30, 2014 12:45 PM

Jun 2014
Look forward to see next EP
Although I like Kenmochi reaction when he heard Busujime still alive. it natural when you feel bit upset if person you hated isn't dead.

CallMeIshmael said:
I'd guess Busujima:
2a Obviously not Kenmochi, and Busujima twist fits theme of show (and whodunits in general)
7 Busujima also had motive for revenge - didn't feel he deserved punishment and accomplices got off with slap on the wrist, plus just a psychopath

You prediction is interesting.
Aug 30, 2014 7:50 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, the only ones likely to pin the crime on Kenmochi are the three victims. I originally pinned the blonde kid, but now that he's out, Busujima is most suspect. I don't consider the others to be in the picture unless there's multiple culprits, or an unexplained motive for letting Kenmochi take the fall.
Aug 30, 2014 11:00 PM
Feb 2013
Monomunu said:
Look forward to see next EP
Although I like Kenmochi reaction when he heard Busujime still alive. it natural when you feel bit upset if person you hated isn't dead.

CallMeIshmael said:
I'd guess Busujima:

You prediction is interesting.

I hope you're right.
Sep 1, 2014 1:13 PM

May 2012
Ok so... There is definitely an accomplice in this case. Busujima most likely faked that strangulation part and trusted someone to come and save him. Someone who knows where he is and might be in the PD, like Aoi Keiji. I think Busujima shouldn't be the only culprit.

>It makes no sense for Busujima to think that Aoi would save him, because he was shocked that he was about to die in few minutes. That part points towards the Lawyer.

The problem with the Lawyer being the culprit is the fact that it's stupid as hell. The way Busujima was *supposed* to get killed off, was strangulation. That was never mentioned until the lawyer showed the documents of the case from 3 years ago to Kindaichi. Everyone said that Togami Marina died because of a suicide for jumping out the window while trying to escape the torture, and that was considered as near-fact by the court. Yet the documents mention "Death by strangulation".

Busujima is the accomplice and wanted the other 2 to get killed off for trying to frame him at the big bad guy, and he trusted the actual killer somehow.

I'm going to say Aoi Keiji+Busujima now despite the fact that Busujima shouldn't trust him that much. The lawyer certainly could have been the one to lit the car on fire (it was never stated what started the fire... That part just got dropped after Kindaichi said that the lawyer may have dropped a fire lighter to the ground to make the car explode, and that was never investigated?) to kill Tamami, but we don't know anything about him and the girl he keeps looking at on a pic so I hope they don't pull any last second info on him and make him the main perp.
Sep 3, 2014 3:17 PM
Sep 2014
Hello everyone.

This might be a bit far-fetched, but I just wanted to put it out there : I think that what Kindaichi understands when he sees the cake at the end of the episode is how Busujima managed to hang himself and make it look like Kenmochi did it.

Busujuma did it by rolling up the carpet, standing on top of it while tying the noose to his neck, then kicking the carpet flat as the cops busted the door open.

That also explains why Busujima had to clean up the whole room : if there was no carpet to begin with, and Busujima brought it there to trap Kenmochi, then there was probably dust everywhere, including on the surface the carpet was supposed to cover, which would indicate to the police that the carpet was a recent addition brought there by the killer in order to trap Kenmochi.

What do you guys think ?
Sep 3, 2014 9:25 PM

May 2012
archiloque said:
Hello everyone.

This might be a bit far-fetched, but I just wanted to put it out there : I think that what Kindaichi understands when he sees the cake at the end of the episode is how Busujima managed to hang himself and make it look like Kenmochi did it.

Busujuma did it by rolling up the carpet, standing on top of it while tying the noose to his neck, then kicking the carpet flat as the cops busted the door open.

That also explains why Busujima had to clean up the whole room : if there was no carpet to begin with, and Busujima brought it there to trap Kenmochi, then there was probably dust everywhere, including on the surface the carpet was supposed to cover, which would indicate to the police that the carpet was a recent addition brought there by the killer in order to trap Kenmochi.

What do you guys think ?

1. Who took the carpet then
2. Busujima was surprised when he learned that he was about to die had they been there few minutes later

He was pushing Akechi to take alot of "trustworthy" people with him to the place (Aoi Keiji was one of them), but Aoi Keiji should hate Busujima. It makes no sense for him to think that he would willingly want to save him.

So it's probably going to be the lawyer he was waiting for but we don't know anywthing about him so there's no point in us trying to think he's part of this...
Sep 3, 2014 11:33 PM
Sep 2014
1. No one, it's still there when Kindaichi examines the room.
2. Precisely : that's quite an unnatural reaction especially after his "call for help" phone call when he said that the killer was after him. Things didn't go as planned, he wasn't supposed to pass out this fast.

So : either Busujima was acting alone and the strangulation took effect faster than he expected, or his accomplice betrayed him and decided to let him die, and he would have if it wasn't for Kindaichi.
Sep 4, 2014 8:03 AM

May 2012
Maybe if the carpet wasn't fully rolled up he may be able to kick it.

Had there not been an accomplice, he would have just waited for the cops to make a sound. Someone must have told him that they were there already and he decided to hang himself at that time. He most likely wanted to pass out, so that wasn't the problem. The problem was that he was about to die.
Sep 4, 2014 8:42 AM

Jul 2012
I'm guessing the culprit is
Jan 6, 2018 9:20 PM

Oct 2012
Looks like Kenmochi old man is the killer, I can't believe it that he's doing that
Aight I'm joking, I mean how many times this show implied that "this guy" is the killer

Seems like the preview is spoiling it
Beware for those who watched the prev.. Spoiler alert xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 4, 2020 4:38 PM

Jul 2011
So yeah I'm pretty sure it's Busujuma.

He had made the classic error of saying too much by saying he is gonna kill him like them while he should only knows about one murder.
He also probably turned on the water or something when he made his phone call. He would also be in a good position of frame Kenmochi.
Jul 21, 2023 1:03 PM

Oct 2018
The third one is a classic locked room mystery and of course Kenmochi is there in the perfect time to be the bait. Wonder what's up with the lawyer and his daughter.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

21 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

12 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

14 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 1:39 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

18 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

14 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 1:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.