Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 23, 2008 6:14 AM

Jan 2008
I have none.

Post them if you got them guys. Official links or scanalations, interviews and info. Gimme.

A sequel to Jiraishin took me really by surprise, I cant wait to see what Tsutomu has up his sleeve. I hope it doesnt disappoint as sequels are prone to do.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Nov 24, 2008 7:23 PM

Apr 2008

I read on ANN it's just a re vamp of the series. Basically, there going to put it back in the Japanese magazine and publish it all over again. Therefore, I don't think its "Jiraishin 2." I hope I'm wrong though I love this series!
Nov 28, 2008 10:40 AM

Dec 2007
desperately want to read this, but haven't found anything. haven't managed to lurk even raws...
Dec 9, 2008 9:24 AM

Apr 2008
Wikipedia says it's just being republished, but it cites the ANN page which says "Tsutomu Takahashi will restart his most popular creation under the title Jiraishin diablo," and the article's title says "Takahashi's Ice Blade Manga to Relaunch in Japan." That's not very clear. "Relaunch" and "republish" are not the same thing as "restart." No wonder there's confusion.
Dec 9, 2008 6:32 PM

Apr 2008
@ ayashe

Your exactly right my friend. I read that on animenewsnetwork awhile ago.
Dec 10, 2008 10:42 AM
Jun 2007
Voted for Option #1. Of course it will rock! xD

I've been desperately searching for raws on this one. both of the usual places I check for raws haven't turned up anything (mangahelpers and Ritual Scans Forge) which is a bummer. there were raws of the other titles of the magazine that Jiraishin Diablo is published in though. Guess there wasn't much of a demand for it to warrant some scans. =/
Jan 31, 2009 4:22 AM

Dec 2007
so, Diablo as finally out.
check out Takahashi-sensei's website - http://www.tao69.com/index2.php
and here we go with a cover -
looks like Ida is much more younger than in Jiraishin series. maybe it's a prequel and we'll finally find out how our detective became so cool.
Jan 31, 2009 5:05 AM

Jan 2008
Argh, we need someone who can read Japanese stat! What the hell is it? We need answers!!!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 31, 2009 8:25 AM

Dec 2007
it's a cover of the February issue of "good! Afternoon" magazine by Kodansha.
it says that they have 6 new series starting from now on and Jiraishin Diablo is one of them. and one of the most promising ones, because they offered for it a whole cover.
nothing about plot and all other details. raw is needed.
Feb 1, 2009 6:07 AM

Nov 2008
YAY \*/ He is so GAR <3
Feb 13, 2009 7:27 PM

Dec 2007
more news. on 23rd of February the 1st volume of Jiraishin Diablo will be out.
according to his site series will be published during 10 months.
nothing about the story so far. hope someone will do raws as soon as possible.
cover -
it looks much more brighter than Jiraishin covers.
Feb 17, 2009 4:33 PM
Jun 2007
Iahel said:
more news. on 23rd of February the 1st volume of Jiraishin Diablo will be out.
according to his site series will be published during 10 months.
nothing about the story so far. hope someone will do raws as soon as possible.
cover -
it looks much more brighter than Jiraishin covers.

sweet news. I'm hoping that its a prequel. I had a hard time figuring out what his intentions were in the first series, since the motivations in every case seemed distinct from one another. hopefully, this will shed some light on Ida since I consider him to be quite an enigma.
Apr 11, 2009 5:56 PM

Dec 2007
you can kill me, but I mistook the cover for reprint edition of an original Jiraishin for the cover of Jiraishin diablo.
found out it today while lurking some more info on diablo.
as atonement I'll post some information I've managed to find out about that first chapter.
so, prepare yourself.

do you remember that girl from file 14, Aya Koike? now she's a sexy woman living in a great house. and on the basement of her mansion lives Ida. and he's blind. however there's no any explanation neither of his condition nor why he stuck with this girl.

and a photo of few pages with new Ida.
IahelMay 10, 2009 3:42 PM
Apr 12, 2009 4:50 AM

Jan 2008
W.T.F.

Ok, I cant remember that female character, but I'm assuming Diablo has to be a sequel to Jiraishin then?
Apr 12, 2009 4:19 PM

Dec 2007
Cihan said:
W.T.F.

Ok, I cant remember that female character, but I'm assuming Diablo has to be a sequel to Jiraishin then?

yep it is.
Apr 12, 2009 4:22 PM

Jan 2008
Can we all collectively piss our pants in excitement then?

I dont know how to feel about this, because Jiraishin ended perfectly, and although more manga from the author is much welcomed, a sequel opens up the possibility of disappointment in an ongoing franchise, especially considering the fact that the lack of exposition on the main character's past made him nice and mysterious.

Basically, I just hope Takahashi doesnt fuck up!
Apr 13, 2009 3:41 AM

Dec 2007
Cihan said:
Can we all collectively piss our pants in excitement then?

I dont know how to feel about this, because Jiraishin ended perfectly, and although more manga from the author is much welcomed, a sequel opens up the possibility of disappointment in an ongoing franchise, especially considering the fact that the lack of exposition on the main character's past made him nice and mysterious.

Basically, I just hope Takahashi doesnt fuck up!

second this. but all flash-backs about Ida's past seem to be concentrated on that 10 years since the original Jiraishin has ended, and not the time when he decided to be a detective.
Takahashi do understand that Diablo will be mostly read by the people who've already read or knew about the first one, so I hope he won't screw up too.
May 9, 2009 8:43 PM

Apr 2008
Does anyone know when someone is going to start scanning the chapters?
Jun 29, 2009 1:55 PM

Dec 2008
I want read this. Is it out somewhere?
Jul 19, 2009 3:19 PM

Aug 2008
WOW. This is awesome. Can't wait for translations.
Jul 24, 2009 9:09 AM

May 2008
hes blind? wtf. He still better be the main character and it just shows flashbacks etc..

thnx for the info Iahel.
Aug 7, 2009 2:09 PM

Dec 2008
Beatnik said:
W.T.F.

W.T.F indeed... blind? And living in that ex-loli's basement? Wtf?

Aya appeared in 2 cases, one where she was related to it, another only as a side-character. She was a 8-9 y.o genius girl.

-She was disappointed by a cram school friend of her's decision for starting to become 'corrupted' by his family/society. She got him to suicide, and then got 2 other people to die, and the kid's father to get killed in the elevator by Iida.
-The 'Female A' + 'Murderer A' case where she was present in some scenes just to give some information on the fake 'Female A' blog online.
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Feb 2, 2010 9:03 AM

Dec 2007
according to Takahashi Rsutomu's official web site the first volume of Jiraishin Diablo will be on sale from the 5th of February.

hope someone will finally scan it -___-
Feb 2, 2010 12:00 PM

May 2008
Iahel said:
according to Takahashi Rsutomu's official web site the first volume of Jiraishin Diablo will be on sale from the 5th of February.

hope someone will finally scan it -___-

Awesome. Please let me know if you see some scans around? ;P~
Oct 31, 2016 8:46 AM

Jul 2015
Just finished Jiraishin, i don't want to start this since only 7 chapter have been translated and no update in three years, if anyone see this please continue the translation !

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jiraishin Diablo Chapter 1 Discussion

Iahel - Mar 27, 2010

5 by ex0 »»
Dec 17, 2011 8:50 PM

Poll: » Jiraishin Diablo Chapter 3 Discussion

Karagah - Dec 26, 2010

1 by LiarK »»
Jan 2, 2011 8:15 PM

» Reserialization or sequel/prequel?

machine_elf - Feb 1, 2009

0 by machine_elf »»
Feb 1, 2009 6:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.