Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 3, 2014 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Claire...not a big fan of hers but the back story was kinda interesting to hear. Looks like Karl and her also get into a compromising position there ;o

Those two looks like they are struggling again in that plane though. Dem sky pirates. Uh oh...
Great episode and execution, can't wait to see more.
Stark700Feb 3, 2014 5:50 AM
Feb 3, 2014 7:21 AM

Aug 2013
Ugh, more back story...
Oh well. It is necessary in order to understand the characters better.

lol @ the tickling fanservice
KyuutoryuuFeb 3, 2014 7:28 AM
Feb 3, 2014 7:23 AM

Aug 2013
Decent episode. I don't mind the back stories ... I actually find them interesting.
Feb 3, 2014 7:34 AM

Mar 2010
Annie Leonhart appears again as a teacher :D And lol Annie in swinsuit.. (sorry i have no clue of her real name so i just call her Annie)

Is it just me or the 'back stories'' are more interesting than the main story.. That beach beginning seemed much like a filler.. Like come on, they even dragged the white haired Sasuke along o_o
Latter half of the epsiode was way better and tense ;)
LylaazFeb 3, 2014 7:57 AM
Feb 3, 2014 7:35 AM

May 2013
Got to learn about Claire's past for a bit. She had it rough when she was little. And she's now questioning if Kal-El is Karl La Hire.
Feb 3, 2014 8:22 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep. Shit got a bit real at the end.

Ofc Claire isn't that excused for what she did but she had a shitty childhood and was being used as expected. I still like her ^^

Awaiting the drama when Kal finds out though. Still hope he forgives her.

Nice Mizugi part XD Dem Claire bouncies hehe <3

Lol'd when Ignacio was called tsundere XD

Well, let's see the Holy spring nxt ep.
Feb 3, 2014 9:10 AM

Feb 2008
It was all clear that they treat Claire like a doll and they still treat her the same way.
Just because they got strange power they treat them like monster.
I'm glad they got a backstory about Claire and she see Kal as prince but she really want to denied that fact.
She still want to be together with Kal and of course she think this is unforgiving sins.

Kal is still confusing why he is here, there will be a bit of drama but still already predictable that he would forgive her in the end, more like Claire will become more like it my fault and blahblah .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 3, 2014 9:11 AM

Jul 2012
Of course she had to get a tragic past! But it makes her character a bit more tolerable.

Dammit! Cliffhanger. Gotta wait another week >.<
Feb 3, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2012
Damn, Clair has such a sad past. Her own mother sold her off, and everybody she met after that was just exploiting her. Plus the irony, Karl devolving feelings for the someone who had a hand in his parent's death.
Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 3, 2014 9:38 AM
Jul 2013
Interesting outcome, I hope that trainees have their first official bout.

LOL? http://i61.tinypic.com/23h8ugl.jpg
Feb 3, 2014 9:55 AM

Oct 2010
I still don't like Claire, I don't like how she just started to typically avoid Kal without giving him a reason. That, I'm really starting to wonder why Ignacio is even listed as a main. They STILL haven't explored his character, he has a bigger role in giving the preview for the next episodes.

Also, why is it that when characters "accidentally" fall on top of one another, they just can't get off immediately? it's really not that hard. Instead they always have to be mesmerized by each other as a poor way to advance the romance.
Feb 3, 2014 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
Claire's past was pretty interesting. Especially the power she used to have. Looking forward to seeing what'll happen next episode.
Feb 3, 2014 10:02 AM

Jun 2013
Yes , we are finally getting a backstory for Claire. Oh how sad , just because she has some kind of power the villagers were slandering her. Claire was then adopted by a priest I suppose that will eventually exploits Claire's wind magic. Claire was then turned into Nina Viento, she's totally being used. Later in the episode, we get another shocking revelation, Claire's power is now gone. She has been clumsy and scared lately. She kinda knew that Kal-el is Karl la Hire, but she kept on doubting herself.

I hope that Kal will forgives Claire and they'll be together ever after <3
Still waiting for an awesome moment of Igna-chan,

Anyway, loving the pace this show is going through , looking forward to next episode.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 3, 2014 10:21 AM

Jul 2013
Damn it Shizuka, why do you have to interfere??? they'd go all the way if they hadn't been interrupted.

Poor Claire, I hope Carl can understand her past.. well both of them had a terrible past though and the real villains are the ones who wanted to overthrow Carl's parents and exploited Claire for that end.

My heart tore when they had that talk on the plane..
Feb 3, 2014 10:23 AM

May 2010
soon Karl will find out about Clare and then he will be forced to choose between Love or Revenge. atleast that how it looks like at the moment.

I liked the part where we saw parts of claires backstory and i hope we will get to know how she lost her powers, if it is relevant at all.

the first half was quite funny! Bandreas looked beastly ^^ and the "muscle gorilla" part cracked me up xD

very good episode. dat cliffhanger ..damn. 5/5
Feb 3, 2014 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
A MASTER PIECE EPISODE , BEST PART ON THE LAKE OFCOURSE
I hated Shizuka When she appeared she ruined the best moment.
Feb 3, 2014 11:16 AM

Jul 2010
Get out of there Shizuka, you moment killer .
Igna is called Tsundere xD

Good episode.
Feb 3, 2014 11:37 AM
Jan 2013
So, I'm guessing that since an enemy has appeared, Clair might use her powers, since there is always that certain emergency thing where someone's power find's it's way back kind of thing.
Feb 3, 2014 11:42 AM

Dec 2012
I kinda feel bad for Claire.
Feb 3, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2012
Madara31 said:
I still don't like Claire, I don't like how she just started to typically avoid Kal without giving him a reason. That, I'm really starting to wonder why Ignacio is even listed as a main. They STILL haven't explored his character, he has a bigger role in giving the preview for the next episodes.

Also, why is it that when characters "accidentally" fall on top of one another, they just can't get off immediately? it's really not that hard. Instead they always have to be mesmerized by each other as a poor way to advance the romance.

uhh because giving him a real reason would fucking make him hate her? lol They were already mesmerized with each other from episode 1. There really is nothing to advance with their romance other than Kael making a move and over coming the fact that she was partially responsible with the death of his parents. Their relationship is pretty shallow at the moment, and it's more of a love at first sight.

I agree Ignacio is a worthless character atm especially with such a short series.

Feb 3, 2014 12:05 PM

May 2013
Awesome episode, loved the first part of it.
Now that Clair's past was revealed, I feel for her :/
Feb 3, 2014 12:22 PM
Jan 2011
Lost her powers? More like she lied so that she wouldn’t have to kill anymore… That’s quite sad Claire…
Feb 3, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
More backstory
Tickling fanservice! :D
Still haven't explored much regarding Ignacio
Sky Clan attacking..
Claire may end up showing her powers next episode ;o
Unintentionally anyway, since she seems to have lost the power to call wind a while back.
Feb 3, 2014 12:41 PM

Mar 2013
I still find it a little strange how no one realizes Karl -> Kal-el. They sound almost identical especially in Japanese.

Now it looks like there might be some real action in the next episode.
Feb 3, 2014 12:56 PM

Oct 2011
Sad past for Claire. : (
Feb 3, 2014 1:31 PM

Dec 2009
I really liked this episode, but... am I imagining things if it feels like the series is "compressed" for the lack of better words? It has had lots of flashbacks lately, and things like the Ariel's and Igna's training is missing.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 3, 2014 1:46 PM

Oct 2010
Zeally said:
Madara31 said:

uhh because giving him a real reason would fucking make him hate her? lol They were already mesmerized with each other from episode 1. There really is nothing to advance with their romance other than Kael making a move and over coming the fact that she was partially responsible with the death of his parents. Their relationship is pretty shallow at the moment, and it's more of a love at first sight.

I agree Ignacio is a worthless character atm especially with such a short series.
Well it'd still be better for her to just say nothing's wrong and deal with the issues discreetly, instead of just running away without saying anything. The whole falling on top of one another is overused and typical. There are other ways of making relationships progress. They did this with their talk whilst in the plane towards the end.
Feb 3, 2014 2:22 PM
Jan 2014
Madara31 said:

Because it's a great excuse to get intimate. If you're the first one to want to break it off it means that you have no feelings for the other. It's like a romantic game of chicken, seeing who is ready to take it the furthest.
Feb 3, 2014 2:22 PM

Dec 2011
Now, it is revealed that Claire doesn't have her power anymore and it seems she is just being used for her appearance. God, I need more from this series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2014 4:58 PM

Dec 2013
These back stories are probably my favorite part of this anime so far. Hopefully Ignacio also has a really interesting back story. I also find her "losing her powers" to be poppycock -.^.
Feb 3, 2014 5:06 PM

Dec 2012
Backstory felt a little quick but it got the job done I suppose. Hope Claire manages to find some decent way to break the news to Kal-El; who am I kidding it's not going to happen. Lol
Feb 3, 2014 5:41 PM

Jul 2012
I will Karl realize that she is Nino.

Great episode!!!
Feb 3, 2014 6:13 PM

Jan 2013
Maybe we'll be able to cut the back story and finally get to some action?
Feb 3, 2014 6:39 PM

Jul 2013
Ignacio is a tsundere, lmao. Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem with Claire?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2014 7:09 PM
Feb 2009
just can't wait till they both realize who they are.
Feb 3, 2014 7:28 PM

Dec 2008
These episodes always seem so short.

Claire's back story...WOW! I'm actually suprised she wasn't killed after loosing her ability to call the wind. I guess they still needed that figurehead. I can't even begin to imagine the guilt she must be feeling right about now. Having to face the one whose parents you unjustly sentenced to die must be excrutiating. I was going to give Claire the benefit of the doubt and assume she was brainwashed, but it appears that she knew exactly what she was doing.

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 3, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
The build up is pretty good as usual. Looks like we'll be getting to the point shown in the first episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 3, 2014 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
iAlice said:
I kinda feel bad for Claire.

Well your not the only one, I can confirm that.
Feb 3, 2014 8:58 PM

Aug 2012
Damn Karl, the one person you really had to fool already figured out who you are. Igna would not be pleased.

Speaking of Igna, I agree that he's gotta start serving a purpose sooner or later to justify being a main. You can kinda guess what his role will comprise of, he's probably out for revenge like Karl and will end up being the one to light a fire under Karl's unmotivated ass to get his revenge.

I dunno what it is, I just can't get enough of Ari's character design.
Feb 3, 2014 9:05 PM

Jan 2009
1:32 spanish language ftw

7:35 the potato skin that Ignacio peels off is very long

--------------------
1. Tough backstory for clarie.

2. Clarie now remembers who kal is. The awkwardness between them is awesome.

3. I wonder what'll happen once they reach the holy spring.

8/10
Feb 3, 2014 9:26 PM

Aug 2009
Claire has had it pretty tough huh, the fact that her mom sold her off is what pissed me off the most, what kind of woman are you? worthless!
Anyway good episode! really liked learning about Claire's past even though I don't like her like that, but it was interesting. She even had a power..and now its gone, but I wonder about that.....

Feb 3, 2014 9:37 PM

Aug 2013
I feel sorry for Claire :( Everyone rejected her except for that guy who "accepted" her and her power. Made it easy to manipulate her I guess. Her meeting with Kal obviously changed her. I wonder if she really lost her power or if she's just lying just so she doesn't have to use it anymore.

Igna, more dere please and you'll be a cool character.

That ED is really really awesome.

Marow said:
I really liked this episode, but... am I imagining things if it feels like the series is "compressed" for the lack of better words? It has had lots of flashbacks lately, and things like the Ariel's and Igna's training is missing.

I really wish this was 2-cour. I feel like there's tons of stuff they could have shown but since we only have 13 episodes, only the more relevant points are included. But still, I think the staff is doing a good job with the storytelling even in its compressed form.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 3, 2014 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
It was sad to hear about Claire's past.

I wonder what this Holy Spring that they spoke of? I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 3, 2014 9:54 PM

May 2013
Marow said:
I agree. Way too much flashbacks IMO but I also can't think of another way to tell the story within only 1 cour. I really want to like this series but I don't really feel connected to the characters. I hope that changes with later episodes.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 3, 2014 10:32 PM

Oct 2013
Tsundere Igna lol. I like where this show is going, Claire is regretting for her actions, too bad she can't keep up with her inner conflict of destroying Kal-el's family and her growing love for him. Can't wait to see about this Holy Spring in next episode.
WHY WAS'NT THIS ANIME ADAPTED IN 2-COUR?!?!?!
Feb 3, 2014 10:40 PM

Dec 2012
great episode, as usual. this anime has become one of my top favourites since the fall season (there aren't many) within just a few episodes (and that rarely happens) so I hope it continues this way.

highlight of the episode was obviously Claire's backstory, which was very interesting and I hope the backstories keep coming, especially for Ignacio! although...I can't help but feel a tiny bit disappointed that Claire as Nina didn't have a more active role in the wind revolution - I mean it was named after her powers, after all. it just would've made her a potentially more complex character. and while I enjoy Karl and Claire's screentime I really really want some more Ari and Tsundere Igna!!! those 2 would have an interesting chemistry (not necessarily romantically speaking, even if the show decides to take that direction) and I just want to know Ignacio. even though he's listed as a main character we barely know anything about him.

can't wait till next episode! expecting new characters!
fullmetalbenderFeb 3, 2014 10:44 PM
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 3, 2014 10:43 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, I'm surprised that I'm liking this more and more now. After the first two episodes, I was dreading have to push through a terrible series, but since 3 it's been getting much better every episode. And damn, I'm pretty upset that it had to end right there... such a cliffhanger. -.-

I wonder if they're gonna make some allies here, or just all enemies.
Lylaaz said:
Annie Leonhart appears again as a teacher :D And lol Annie in swinsuit.. (sorry i have no clue of her real name so i just call her Annie)
Lol, glad I'm not the only one who thinks of Annie every time I see her...
Feb 3, 2014 10:50 PM
Jul 2013
Nice flashback, as expected from Claire, she also has a tragic past just like Karl. Hopefully in the future, Karl would forgive her. I want to see what Igna's flashback would be like, Ari sure is getting along with him. So the Sky clan is the dudes flying and shooting them down. Shit's going down
Feb 3, 2014 11:09 PM

Jul 2008
COCKBLOCKED. Sososo close

decent episode though. can't wait to find out the conflict and the reason why they all have to have combat training.
Feb 4, 2014 12:59 AM

Mar 2013
huhu Mizugi episode
Claire's past so poor
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.