Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 3, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well they did it. The power of friendship~

Still love that motorcycle this episode as well. Sense is pretty awesome this episode. This guy is one of my favorites in this show now.
Dec 3, 2013 8:14 AM

Sep 2012
Where did you put your hands, Baka-tora !!!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 3, 2013 8:39 AM
Dec 2012
Exciting episode. It was easy to follow this time thanks to unrushed execution and much less unfamiliar technical terms.

I laughed when Kon got flicked twice. Kagami was badass as expected. So was Otomo. Their dialogue was so tense as battle.

ED is relaxing. I like it especially after watching intense battles.
Dec 3, 2013 10:46 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty exciting ep :D

Dat Bike familiar XD

Harutora sure is lucky having an excuse to grope Natsume's oppai's for that long XD
They're actually pretty big O_o? XD

Touji's entrance was pretty damn awesome turning into an Oni like that of his free will and on Yukikaze (Really beautiful BA horse there)...Can't wait til he learns to control his power. And I'm wondering about what Kagami said. Seems like it's not a normal Oni inside him which is nice for the nxt power up XD

Poor Kon getting flicked like that XD...She was cute when she was jealous of Touji and Harutora Bromance hehe (Loved that scene :D)

Seems like Natsume, Harutora and Touji are gonna be pretty well known from here on. I wonder if Suzuka will appear again soon?

Dat Ohtomo sensei at the end and his conversation with Kagami was awesome. Dude is BA!!

Kagami and Ohtomo agreeing on Zenjiro was lol.

And finally...wondering why Kon reacted that way to Doman? Does she know him personally or just felt his evil miasma w/e. Oh and Damn that flying car was creepy.
Dec 3, 2013 10:53 AM

May 2013
That was a nice fight. Hopefully Touji can learn to control his ogre power.

symbv said:

Lol he kept them there for quite a while.
Dec 3, 2013 11:05 AM

Apr 2011
Barion-Zara said:

Oh wow, your right. Love the squeeze sound.

He got a really good feel of it and get away with it. That lucky-tora. XD
Dec 3, 2013 1:47 PM

Mar 2012
Barion-Zara said:

Harutora sure is lucky having an excuse to grope Natsume's oppai's for that long XD

Yeah, unexpectedly big, and a bit inconveniently so. If they fit his hands better he wouldn't have had to squeeze so hard :D

Hiroshima dialect speaking old men in floating Mercedes's give Kon and Natsume the creeps.
Dec 3, 2013 1:52 PM

May 2013
Interesting episode, it seems the power of friendship works in this anime.
Well that ending things getting interesting now!
Dec 3, 2013 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
Oh the chase is on, nice motorcycle and horse btw :D. Amazing episode, pretty good action scenes, I laughed when Kon gets flicked twice XD. Touji is not bad of an orge person thanks to Harutora. Lucky that Harutora gets a good grope on Natsumi XD

Well I wonder who is that Doman guy, getting a little suspense now.

Dec 3, 2013 3:18 PM

Mar 2010
I'm impressed that Nastume didn't smack him for the boob grab. I glad to see she look at the bigger picture.

Great teamwork at end, seems as long as Harutora is there for time being, Touji's ogre can be keep in check and utilized. At least until he can control it on his own.
Dec 3, 2013 3:37 PM

May 2012
Okay episode. It got really good at very end.
Dec 3, 2013 4:12 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome Episode!!!!!!!!
Dec 3, 2013 4:18 PM

Jul 2013
A great episode, that bike looked totally badass.
Finishing off the arc it seems.

Hmm.. it seems Suzuka will be back soon
Dec 3, 2013 5:33 PM

Sep 2013
If Natsume's chest is big enough for Harutora to grab how has nobody noticed that she is a girl >.>

I laughed so hard when Kon went flying :3

Doman seems like he will make a good villain.
Dec 3, 2013 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
KAGAMI KAGAMI KAGAMI KAGAMI KAGAMI KAGAMI. Shut up.
Dec 3, 2013 5:58 PM

Mar 2010
Aggron said:
If Natsume's chest is big enough for Harutora to grab how has nobody noticed that she is a girl >.>

Anime fanservice logic. Don't question it, just enjoy it. lol
Dec 3, 2013 6:14 PM

Jul 2012
Well they managed to take down the nue woot.

Great episode!!!
Dec 3, 2013 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
I just love seeing Kon trying so hard.
Good episode.
Dec 3, 2013 6:46 PM

Jul 2008
Now if Natsume got boobs big enough to be gropped in such way, how the fuck can she fool the others saying she's a man.
Dec 3, 2013 6:56 PM

Mar 2010
^Like I said before it's anime fanservice thing. Natsume's boobs are nowhere that big in either manga or LN.

This just Studio 8-bit being Studio 8-bit. Just take it in that meta context.
Dec 3, 2013 7:45 PM

Nov 2012
Only reason I am watching this series is KON. She is hilarious.
Dec 3, 2013 7:52 PM

Jul 2009
i thought shes in a male body right now.
welp..
Dec 3, 2013 8:02 PM

Sep 2011
It's tokyo ravens turn to get a boobs grab scene after STB did it last week=D
Dec 3, 2013 8:17 PM

Mar 2010
cyborgneko999 said:

This one makes more sense though. lol
Dec 3, 2013 8:20 PM
May 2011
I wonder when that baka Kurahashi will know that Natsume is a girl and not the one who made a promise with her
Dec 3, 2013 8:36 PM

Jun 2009
Glad to see Hartora was no pushover n the past either. I wondered how he responded to the beatdown Touji gave him, turns out he reciprocated in kind.
Dec 3, 2013 8:47 PM

Aug 2013
I laughed so hard at Kon getting flicked. And it's even more hilarious when you think about how the nue really had to do that finger flick movement instead of just swatting her like a fly XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 3, 2013 9:03 PM

Aug 2012
Really enjoyed the episode! The groping scene was too funny lol. Loved the battle scenes. The scene between Harutora and Touji was nice as well.
Dec 3, 2013 9:07 PM

Oct 2013
Lmao that bike is a shikigami too.
OP SWORD, his bike and his shikigamis are so fuckin AWESOME!
Fan-Service in Tokyo Ravens? Always welcomed.
As always, Kon was cute in this episode.
Is it me or it looks like the Onmyo Agency is corrupted? That guy performed the Taizan Fukun ritual i think to revive Mutobe. It really looks like the Onmyo Agency is not really good as it seems.
I guess this was the best episode so far.
Judging by the next episode's title
Dec 3, 2013 9:32 PM

Nov 2008
symbv said:

I wonder if Baka-Tora even realized that was griping her breasts for that long haha.

Was a good battle - Tora Natsume Touji all nice - and that Bike familiar haha.

Another corrupt investigator ?

And Badass Sensei ~

Now ... we need more information on Doman..seems fairly evil ;p
Dec 3, 2013 9:35 PM

Sep 2010
KagamiKagamiKagamiKagamiKagamiKagamiKagamiKagami
(those familiars are awesome xD)

Nuvi said:

Is it me or it looks like the Onmyo Agency is corrupted? That guy performed the Taizan Fukun ritual i think to revive Mutobe. It really looks like the Onmyo Agency is not really good as it seems.

i dont think 'corrupted', they only have their healthy dose of moles scattered around

for ****s sake Kon, FOCUS!!! XD
Harutora and Touji = best bromance ever
and im aaaall in for moar Suzuka, pervy loli ftw
Dec 3, 2013 9:46 PM
Aug 2011
jose21 said:
Only reason I am watching this series is KON. She is hilarious.

Kon <3

cyborgneko999 said:

That's because STB and Tokyo Ravens are actually the same bad series.
You thinking that you're watching 2 different shows is just an illusion playing out in your mind.
Dec 3, 2013 10:25 PM
Feb 2009
uh man them boob grabbing :)
Dec 3, 2013 10:34 PM

May 2013
Aggron said:

Oh, those are Natsume's manly pectoral muscles, can even do a pec bounce :D
Dec 3, 2013 10:37 PM

Mar 2010
parfaited said:

cyborgneko999 said:

That's because STB and Tokyo Ravens are actually the same bad series.
You thinking that you're watching 2 different shows is just an illusion playing out in your mind.

Nah I'm sure watching a different show. Some shared tropes of the genre does not a clone make.
Dec 3, 2013 10:55 PM

Mar 2013
Oh, so now everyone's just riding familiars willy-nilly, but as soon as there was even a suggestion of Harutora getting a leg over on Kon, he was suddenly a "pervert"? Well, I never. That motorbike was even having threesomes and no-one batted a damn eyelid.

Also gg, how much can Harutora and Touji flirt? I'm surprised the gay rumours are only about him and Natsume.

On a more serious note though, this anime is steadily improving, like I've been saying for a few weeks. Kon getting flicked away was pretty funny, but there's probably gonna be a wait until all of this not subtle foreshadowing comes to another head. Here's hoping it doesn't get as shitty as it was at the start again, and that the inevitable filler doesn't just end up as more Natsume/Harutora. Gross. Just because it's canon doesn't mean I have to like it. The fact that that Motube guy just... died was really lame, too. We didn't even see him fight.
straggyDec 3, 2013 11:21 PM
Dec 4, 2013 2:11 AM

Jan 2011
mangamuscle said:
Aggron said:

Is it so hard to believe that a heavy duty magic user might not have the ability to hide those physical features from most other people, or that her familiar might not be immune from that particular spell? Minor fan service is all this was, and generally Tokyo Ravens has a lot less than STB (not that fan service doesn't have its place...).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 4, 2013 2:16 AM
Nov 2013
Catastrophic said:
KagamiKagamiKagamiKagamiKagamiKagamiKagamiKagami
(those familiars are awesome xD)

I think I see Konatas whenever those tengus calling KagamiKagamiKagami ...
^^
Dec 4, 2013 3:51 AM

Oct 2013
Barion-Zara said:

Touji's entrance was pretty damn awesome turning into an Oni like that of his free will and on Yukikaze (Really beautiful BA horse there)...Can't wait til he learns to control his power. And I'm wondering about what Kagami said. Seems like it's not a normal Oni inside him which is nice for the nxt power up XD

Poor Kon getting flicked like that XD...She was cute when she was jealous of Touji and Harutora Bromance hehe (Loved that scene :D)

The first half was awesome! that bromance also, LOL.

I think the oni inside touji is somewhat very powerful and something that probably only harutora can control.

xchee said:
I laughed so hard at Kon getting flicked. And it's even more hilarious when you think about how the nue really had to do that finger flick movement instead of just swatting her like a fly XD!

Kon getting flicked twice!!! LOL, I thought there'd be a 3rd time.

They killed off Suwabe (Mutobe) just like that!
heiqi1huDec 4, 2013 11:45 AM
Dec 4, 2013 4:06 AM

Jul 2008
rodac said:
mangamuscle said:
Aggron said:

Is it so hard to believe that a heavy duty magic user might not have the ability to hide those physical features from most other people, or that her familiar might not be immune from that particular spell?

Might be, might not be. Another conclusion is the lack of consistency a lot of LN possesses.
Things like that would be rather... important? If a spell was on play they probably would have said it somewhere.
So yeah, I bet they just didn't care and wanted to do fanservice.
Dec 4, 2013 4:58 AM

Oct 2013
eminagnam said:

ED is relaxing. I like it especially after watching intense battles.

Agreed. Has anyone heard the full version Kimi Ga Emu Yuugure?
Dec 4, 2013 5:38 AM

Nov 2011
aHersheyBar said:
KAGAMI KAGAMI KAGAMI KAGAMI KAGAMI KAGAMI. Shut up.

^ This.

Ohtomo is starting to get real BA too. Really looking forward to find out more about him. Mutobe just... died? The way Zenjiro said it made me crack up. He was like not really sorry for it. Ohtomo and Kagami's reactions were priceless too.

Ofc. Touji is still epic. Especially with the bromance moments. Keep those coming :3

Obviously there is something going on with Hirata not being faithful to the whole exorcist bunch, which is cool. I so expected it. He looked way too nice.. xD
Dec 4, 2013 6:02 AM

Mar 2011
Well at least we know she is defiantly a girl now...

I love Kon :3. Still waiting for Harutora to reveal his hidden op powers.

Good episode :P.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 4, 2013 6:35 AM

Jun 2011
Guessing Suzuka will be coming back next episode based on the title?
Dec 4, 2013 7:34 AM

Jul 2010
Kon makes this anime enjoyable.

ArcanaTrace said:
Guessing Suzuka will be coming back next episode based on the title?

I guess so, finally.
Dec 4, 2013 8:01 AM

Nov 2013
Cool episode with nice fights. As usual Kon was hilarious with that finger flick scene.

I hope to see more of Kagami, he is so badass. Love his rock tune too :)

Nice to see that Suzuka is coming back. Are we gonna see a jealous Natsume??? LOL

Dec 4, 2013 9:19 AM
Jan 2013
Looks like both Kon and Natsume are jealous of Haru and Touji's bromance.

I wonder if Natsume will ever wear a girls uniform?
Dec 4, 2013 9:20 AM

Jun 2012
What's with all the static/snow effects lately? I didn't mind the 3D rendered creatures, but Kon fading out was kinda weird, especially when there hasn't been any sort of explanation. I really like this series, but it's like most everything plot and logic wise is left to the viewers to imagine for themselves. Personally I'm getting a little annoyed with the fact that they have explained next to nothing. Such as how do familiars work? What does being Natsume's familiar do for Harutora or her? Are ogres mindless beasts or what, that one-armed one seems pretty intelligent, but the one this episode seems to be brainless. There's other things, and some of them are easy enough to speculate at, but there's just too many things left to speculation. I hope they at least explain much more in the light novels, because you'd think
Dec 4, 2013 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
The battle in this episode was very exciting. Lol, they even managed to add a long boob grabbing moment :P
Baka-tora you lucky bastard!!!
Dec 4, 2013 10:14 AM

Mar 2010
HalibelTheEspada said:
What's with all the static/snow effects lately? I didn't mind the 3D rendered creatures, but Kon fading out was kinda weird, especially when there hasn't been any sort of explanation. I really like this series, but it's like most everything plot and logic wise is left to the viewers to imagine for themselves. Personally I'm getting a little annoyed with the fact that they have explained next to nothing. Such as how do familiars work? What does being Natsume's familiar do for Harutora or her? Are ogres mindless beasts or what, that one-armed one seems pretty intelligent, but the one this episode seems to be brainless. There's other things, and some of them are easy enough to speculate at, but there's just too many things left to speculation. I hope they at least explain much more in the light novels, because you'd think

The static effect is how familiar or spiritual manifest and what happens to them when they are under heavy strain to maintain their form. There is nothing particularity special about it. It happened briefly back in episode 4 when Kon got smack by Harutora for threatening people. Hokuto had same effect when she was fatally damaged back in ep 2. The Nue their were fighting isn't a Ogre. It was never call one, just a powerful mindless folklore monster as you said. The only ogres to appear so far in this series are Kakugyouki (the one armed man) and Touji (who only became half after being affected by a spiritual disaster).

As far familiars go show has implied there essentially two types, man-mades like mech spider in episode 1, the motorcycle and Hokuto (the girl) and more stronger organic types like spirit beasts such as Kon, Hokuto and Kyouko's two armored knights. that's all you really need to know without getting too heavily into it.

Harutora and didn't literally become Natsume's Shikigami either, in this case of formal custom of Tsuchimikado family establish a master and servant/bodyguard relationship between a main family and branch family member. Touji said this back in episode 1.

The rest of LN's exposition is on the official site.
Iron_MawDec 4, 2013 10:35 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2013

126 by Softhenic03 »»
Oct 15, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2013

92 by Softhenic03 »»
Oct 15, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2013

114 by Softhenic03 »»
Oct 9, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2013

125 by Softhenic03 »»
Oct 9, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2013

143 by Softhenic03 »»
Sep 30, 11:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.