Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2011 4:23 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
love this one - all the time we spend apart from the ones we love and all the stupid excuses we make - modern life moves too fast!
Jul 21, 2012 2:40 PM

Jun 2010
I don't think this episode is directly about Hiro and Shinji not being able to spend much time together, it's about Shinji doing things "haphazardly". He messes things up by not trying hard enough (not getting the work-team to protect the site from the rain, not bothering about the meat sauce burning) and then tries to fix it after the fact (working all night to fix the damage himself, apologizing about everything). Even though he's aware of the problem, he doesn't fix it and gets removed from the foreman's job. So all he's left with is regret.

This does tie into the romance angle thematically. Like his job, he wants it but it isn't working out like he would want to. If he doesn't actually try to fix the problem, he may lose it and just be left with regret. The last scene seems to indicate he realizes this.
Apr 25, 2013 11:19 AM
Aug 2011
A life with no regrets, now that truly is one of the best choices anyone can make.
Jul 3, 2013 2:27 PM

Nov 2011
>I just don't get wet
Oh God I died when Matsukata said that. Lol @ the waiter too when he heard that talk.
Oct 4, 2013 3:48 AM

Nov 2010
I just don't see how its possible to not have sex for over a month. After a few days they should be screwing like dogs at every free moment. Hiroko could've went to the construction site for sex if she wanted it. Even if they are workaholics, there's always time for fucking.

Also, what's up with Hiroko cooking her sauce at such a high temperature? If you're going to be talking for a while, tell your incompetent boyfriend to stir it, or you could put a lid on it and reduce the heat.

Sauce is more important than phone calls!
Dec 6, 2016 4:18 PM
Feb 2015
oh my god the restaurant scene was priceless
Jan 26, 2019 11:49 PM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that Shinji is trying hard to work in the end.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 1, 2020 3:13 PM

Nov 2016
Shinji is way too passive or rather said is hesistant to take the initiative and this has really a negative effect on his life.

But luckily he seem to have realized what caused his behaviour.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 17, 2021 1:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Shinji's working life looks even more harder and depressing than Matsukata's one.. at least seems like they're some improvement for him at the end
Dec 19, 2022 4:51 PM
Dec 2017
This is not an anime that a teenager might like, but as someone who'd experienced the heartache of the disappointments of the working world - I loved it. Especially in Japan - adults have to endure disappointment on a daily basis - doing work that no one appreciates - doing work that turns your soul into a black hole of despair. This series captures the bleak reality of losing sight of your dreams and having to just about kill yourself by working impossibly long hours, without any break, day in and day out. I reckon 90% of adults are doing just this, as only a fortunate few get to perform satisfying work. Younger people don't want to ever think that this is what awaits them.
May 13, 2023 2:04 PM

Sep 2020
The show is finally picking up for me. I especially love the MC's unabashed venting of her sexless life, as that restaurant scene was gold.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraki Man Episode 11 Discussion

Fronzel - Jul 27, 2012

19 by nessaluvs-anime »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hataraki Man Episode 8 Discussion

octal9 - Mar 31, 2012

12 by Kristiwazhere »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Hataraki Man Episode 6 Discussion

octal9 - Jan 18, 2012

17 by Recynon »»
Oct 19, 2023 2:07 PM

» Shinji

Fronzel - Sep 24, 2012

4 by cornonacob »»
Sep 29, 2023 12:22 AM

Poll: » Hataraki Man Episode 1 Discussion

Shocked - Jul 12, 2012

14 by Timu101 »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.