Forum Settings
Forums
New
At 100 members Should more then a single Flashback/Memory be claimable?
Dec 20, 2008 3:59 PM

Aug 2008
State your advise, if possible.
azncrisisJan 16, 2009 5:40 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 20, 2008 5:43 PM

Oct 2007
Sounds kinda fun. (^_^)
So, one character that has diffrent flashbacks, but not from the same scene? Is that right?
editingDec 20, 2008 5:48 PM

Dec 20, 2008 5:58 PM

Oct 2007
Well, I guess what should have been said was one character diffrent scene and the user can not claim that one character they have all ready claimed. Ne?

Dec 20, 2008 6:02 PM

Aug 2008
It's a nice idea, but it doesn't seem feasible. If we allow a character to be claimed more than once (because of different scenes), won't we hafta add a lot more text to the banner to identify between the different claims, causing it to look untidy? It would also be confusing, having multiple claims of a same character. Just my two cents. :P
Dec 20, 2008 6:07 PM

Oct 2007
zStorm_Dukez said:
It's a nice idea, but it doesn't seem feasible. If we allow a character to be claimed more than once (because of different scenes), won't we hafta add a lot more text to the banner to identify between the different claims, causing it to look untidy? It would also be confusing, having multiple claims of a same character. Just my two cents. :P

You have a very good point there...Well, do you think if it does pass then how would the banners be set up do you thing?

Dec 20, 2008 6:14 PM

Aug 2008
onigiri said:
zStorm_Dukez said:

You have a very good point there...Well, do you think if it does pass then how would the banners be set up do you thing?

If it is allowed... Then we probably hafta add more text to the banners, and we will hafta edit all old banners so that new members can claim the same character again, which would be a little chaotic. D:
Dec 20, 2008 6:15 PM

Oct 2007
zStorm_Dukez said:
onigiri said:
zStorm_Dukez said:

If it is allowed... Then we probably hafta add more text to the banners, and we will hafta edit all old banners so that new members can claim the same character again, which would be a little chaotic. D:

Again, good points....x_x Gahh, can't think. I'll be back...hold on...

Dec 20, 2008 6:20 PM

Oct 2007
Okay, I thought that maybe we don't have to because won't it still be the same like [user] claimed [character's flashback] for both of and all of the claims? Right?

Dec 20, 2008 6:38 PM

Jun 2008
I say no.
Claiming a flashback is basically claiming a character's past, and, even if memories are numerous, the past is only one.
Claiming several times the same character is never fair desu :-|

watching, waiting, commiserating
Dec 20, 2008 7:48 PM
Oct 2007
No, there are too many scenes for each character. It will make things very confusing.

Claiming a flashback is basically claiming a character's past, and, even if memories are numerous, the past is only one.

I agree.
Dec 20, 2008 10:00 PM

Mar 2008
No. It a lot of request for the same character might come... ^^'

Dec 20, 2008 10:29 PM

Oct 2007
All your guys points are very good. Accept, we have more yes than no. :/

Dec 20, 2008 10:38 PM

Mar 2008
onigiri said:
Sounds kinda fun. (^_^)
So, one character that has diffrent flashbacks, but not from the same scene? Is that right?
Dec 20, 2008 11:07 PM

Feb 2008
RenaPsychoKiller said:
I say no.
Dec 20, 2008 11:21 PM

Apr 2007
RenaPsychoKiller said:
I say no.

onigiri said:
All your guys points are very good. Accept, we have more yes than no. :/

Well, even if there is more yes then no, in the end the final decision will go to azn.. isn't it?

Also, if I get the question, you want to make the change when we'll get 100 members.. is it?
Then it might be unfair for those who claimed before the changed..
crystal_yuyDec 20, 2008 11:26 PM

Dec 20, 2008 11:24 PM

Aug 2008
I don't really care about it. x_x
Because I can't really decide a yes or a no. Oh well...*update*
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Dec 21, 2008 12:28 AM

Nov 2007
How about from another character's memory?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 21, 2008 12:48 AM

Sep 2008
I think it'll be unfair --_-- So "no"..
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Dec 21, 2008 1:18 AM

Aug 2008
RenaPsychoKiller said:
I say no.

I agree with Rena-chan *nod* + I think it will become a very big mess @.@
Dec 21, 2008 1:59 AM

Jun 2007
RenaPsychoKiller said:
I say no.

Agree too.. So no..
Dec 21, 2008 10:08 AM

Jul 2008
RenaPsychoKiller said:
I say no.

I don't agree~ Flashback and memory don't define the whole past. The past is the whole and the memory is but a tiny part of it. Like for example the past can be put together in a book, right? But a single memory of it is no more than a few pages~
Dec 21, 2008 2:54 PM

Apr 2007
Leinel said:
I don't really care about it. x_x
Because I can't really decide a yes or a no.

^This.

And why people are complaining about claiming the same character more than once? There is already a rule against that (like every claim club) and if I'm not mistake this is just about a second claim for a different character.
Dec 22, 2008 6:02 AM

Aug 2008
Something is funny here. > w >
There are 35 votes and only 16 different members posted.

Vote + post your reason, you lazy people out there! >.<
Dec 22, 2008 8:16 AM

May 2008
zStorm_Dukez said:

I couldn't have said it better myself. It would be very confusing for members to point out exactly which scene they'd like to claim, plus the text in the banner should be cut down to minimum. So 'no'.
Dec 22, 2008 9:47 AM

Jun 2008
Also, now you admins changed the poll's title. What's up with that...? Open a new poll if you want to vote on another topic.
"Should we allow claiming multiple flashbacks of one character"
and
"At 100 members should more then a single flashback be claimable"
are two totally opposite questions desu. @_@
RenaPsychoKillerDec 22, 2008 9:50 AM

watching, waiting, commiserating
Dec 22, 2008 2:40 PM

Oct 2007
Leinel said:
Something is funny here. > w >
There are 35 votes and only 16 different members posted.

Vote + post your reason, you lazy people out there! >.<

I konw, didn't the message that was sent to us say that 'all members must vote.' ?

Could admin send another reminder. I'd say it would be only fair to have the voters on 'yes' state their reasons. other than just ' I think it sounds fun'

Dec 22, 2008 2:41 PM

Nov 2007
Even though I voted yes and personally think of wanting to claim another character's memory, but I agree with the posts, very big mess and unfair.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 22, 2008 2:42 PM

Oct 2007
tsubasalover said:
Even though I voted yes and personally think of wanting to claim another character's memory, but I agree with the posts, very big mess and unfair.

tee hee. Same here.

Dec 22, 2008 2:44 PM

Oct 2007
TotallyLovable said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:
I say no.

I don't agree~ Flashback and memory don't define the whole past. The past is the whole and the memory is but a tiny part of it. Like for example the past can be put together in a book, right? But a single memory of it is no more than a few pages~

Don't forget, we need to keep the banner in a neat way not making it messy. But how?

Dec 22, 2008 7:55 PM

Aug 2008
RenaPsychoKiller said:
Also, now you admins changed the poll's title. What's up with that...? Open a new poll if you want to vote on another topic.
"Should we allow claiming multiple flashbacks of one character"
and
"At 100 members should more then a single flashback be claimable"
are two totally opposite questions desu. @_@
Not me.
onigiri said:
I konw, didn't the message that was sent to us say that 'all members must vote.' ?

Could admin send another reminder. I'd say it would be only fair to have the voters on 'yes' state their reasons. other than just ' I think it sounds fun'

Read post #17. I don't really care about it but I do read you people opinions.
Dec 23, 2008 2:04 PM
Sep 2008
RenaPsychoKiller said:
I say no.

What I think, too.
Dec 30, 2008 4:01 PM

Oct 2007
Okay, now it looks as if this isn't going any where....

Jan 1, 2009 2:27 PM

Apr 2007
Ok.. I don't get it anymore... what is the question exactly...??

Is it about allowing claiming of multiple flashbacks of one character or about allowing a second claim for a different character...?
Cuse as it is, some of you are talking about multiple flashbacks, while some others are talking about a second claim...

onigiri said:
Okay, now it looks as if this isn't going any where....

Agreed...

Jan 2, 2009 8:11 PM

Aug 2008
Sorry I havn't been on for a while guys. But first:

TotallyLoveable said:
If I have understood, it is a flashback/memory that has to be claimed. And one character may have many flashbacks. So, it shouldn't be the person/chara that is to be claimed, but the single flashback/memory~!!!!

Leinel said:
onigiri said:
Leinel said:
@ TotallyLovable,
I understand the point you are making there but then again, there's a "hole" in the rule section. It says "- You can't claim that ??? which has been claimed."
As for now, I'll let the creator (Azncrisis) be the judge whether to accept/decline the same character but with different flashbacks.
-----------------------------------------------------

-{Updated.}-

Why don't we do a poll?

A poll seems...ok for me though. AS USUAL, the creator will have the last words.

This thread was posted due to this conversation. It doesn't really matter weather or not this thread passes for a 'yes' or 'no'.

So, if you want me to say something about it I will say this and hope it helps (Please tell me if I'm unclear in any way):

All members must post their idea regarding this question: (Excluding "At 100 members") [paraphrased] Should we be able to claim another flashback from the same character?

And If this questions were to pass as 'yes', I want you to post how the banners will be made or if we should redo the banners that were all ready made.

Clear?
Jan 8, 2009 6:23 PM

Apr 2007
Well, I'm still sticking with my "no" from before..

Poll question: No because,
It'll just bring confusion.. it's a fact that a character has many memory/flashback, it's also a fact that we don't always see/formule the same memory/flashback the same way, also you have this case when some character memory/flashback are being change (or whatever) from manga to anime. Like you have USER1 claim the memory/flashback from the anime & USER2 claim the one from the manga (if you say that it has been altered a bit), the memory/flashback will seems the same but isn't exactly the same, anyways, all to say.. it'll just bring more bad than good for the updaters to decide if this memory/flashback is the same as that memory/flashback (especially if you didn't see/read the anime/manga)...

Banner question: No because,
If we start to allow multiple flashback from the same character, all banners has to be redone, cuse currently it just say "user claim chara's memory/flashback" it doesn't state which memory/flashback, which should be include if you want to avoid confusion.. (+ this is just my opinion but I don't like banner with too much text on it..) also still in the same idea, picture use should be the one of that particular memory/flashback (which might be more difficile for some to search) not just any childhood chara pic.

That's my 2 cents on this story...

Jan 16, 2009 5:39 PM

Aug 2008
Okay, well I think this has been open way too long now. More then too long. I'll take this thread as a 'no'. There has been more votes on yes but more people have stated why this should not continue. So with out further hesatasion this thread is now closed.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Claim here! {OPEN!!!} ( 1 2 3 )

azncrisis - Dec 15, 2008

111 by murasaki69 »»
Jul 6, 2010 12:41 PM

» Finished Banners!

azncrisis - Dec 15, 2008

32 by Reveriesian »»
Nov 16, 2009 4:02 AM

Sticky: » Banner to be Made (Admin)

azncrisis - Dec 16, 2008

0 by azncrisis »»
Dec 16, 2008 9:33 PM

Sticky: » Claimed Memories and Flashbacks

azncrisis - Dec 16, 2008

0 by azncrisis »»
Dec 16, 2008 9:32 PM

» Admin Needed {CLOSED}

azncrisis - Dec 15, 2008

8 by azncrisis »»
Dec 16, 2008 4:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.