Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2008 12:56 AM

Apr 2007
Well, I watched it on Adult Swim some years ago, and let's just say.....It didn't interest me. Not that I hate it or don't like it, it just doesn't tickle my interest.

So, why don't you like FLCL?

Current Avatar: Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 23, 2008 7:09 AM

Jun 2008
I don't think there's anything I like about it except the music. So I guess I dislike everything about it. It wasn't funny. it just was a bunch of crazy stuff and it gave me a headache
Sep 28, 2008 8:09 AM

Apr 2008
They say that good voice acting/animation/music/etc. doesn't save a bad story. That's true for FLCL. The story is so confusing and hard to follow that it's hard for me to even finish the series. The Revolutionary Girl Utena movie made more sense than this!
Oct 3, 2008 7:31 PM

Aug 2008
As for me, I hated EVERYTHING. The art, the story, the characters, even the music. Yes, to me, the music is terrible. I don't know why everyone said it has good music.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 4, 2008 2:14 PM

Jun 2008
hirahira said:
I don't think there's anything I like about it except the music.

FLCL is just too random and non-sense, and not in a good way like Excel Saga.
I think it's maybe the worst anime Gainax made until now.

watching, waiting, commiserating
Oct 4, 2008 2:18 PM

Aug 2008
It's like they just threw random things together, and I mean totally out there random things, not regular random things, and made an anime out of it.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 4, 2008 11:28 PM

Apr 2008
RenaPsychoKiller said:
hirahira said:
I don't think there's anything I like about it except the music.

FLCL is just too random and non-sense, and not in a good way like Excel Saga.
I think it's maybe the worst anime Gainax made until now.

Same feelings here. It's like the makers just wrote whatever stupid ideas they could think and put them in a hat, then drew some of those ideas at random. I was recently asked how I can like Excel Saga but not FLCL, to which the answer is simple- Excel isn't just all random, all the time, it actually has jokes in it.
Oct 5, 2008 8:11 AM

Feb 2008
very silly and non sense anime! I didn't dislike the art so I gave some points like 3 I guess but story was bad (if there is one). Why do people like it ? What do they find and understand in that anime ?? I really don't get it!!
Nov 26, 2008 6:26 AM

Apr 2008
It's not that I don't like random and stupid but what's coming out your head?
Dec 11, 2008 6:11 AM

Nov 2008
guyklc said:
As for me, I hated EVERYTHING. The art, the story, the characters, even the music. Yes, to me, the music is terrible. I don't know why everyone said it has good music.

Hated all that you mentioned, I just don't remember the music anymore. What was the point of it? What was funny? What the hell was with the random manga interruption? When the anime was over, I was all like "oh... that's the last episode... that's the end?" it wouldn't make a difference if you were to end it after the first or the fourth episode :-/ blergh.
Dec 13, 2008 7:02 PM

Sep 2007
I hate the fans who try to argue that FLCL is deep. "WELL, YOU SEE, THIS ENTIRE SERIES IS AN ALLEGORY FOR THE MAIN CHARACTER GOING THROUGH PUBERTY AND EVERY LINE OF EVERY EPISODE CAN BE INTERPRETED PHILOSOPHICALLY OR AS AN INNUENDO."

Yeah, no. I'm a huge Excel Saga fanboy, but I'd never try to argue that it was intelligent in any way except for the jokes in the manga being on par with some of the best comedy films I've seen.
Dec 20, 2008 12:25 PM

Nov 2008
Innuendo my... :< It's as deep as giving a camera concealed in a plushy to a baby and then watching what it "filmed" and calling it the deepest thing :<
Jan 2, 2009 6:02 PM

Dec 2008
As i said in a previous post-

"Alien whore bitch...flying mopeds...guitar weapons of doom..enough said"

=D

Fear me, for i am filled with win
Jan 4, 2009 1:20 PM

Dec 2008
I haven't seen everything, just 25 min.. xD But, omg, I thought it was dead boring..and weird.
Jan 16, 2009 9:36 AM
Dec 2007
I heard its best understood if you disconnect your brain while watching... I guess i couldnt do that or i am not prepared yet. Plus i did not like the drawing style.
Jan 13, 2010 6:12 PM
Jan 2010
I heard all this rave and hype about the show before I gave in and watched it. "Oh it's a masterpiece!" "The art is amazing and the animation is so pretty!" "The music is awesome!"

Overrated piece of trash. Everything that everyone raved about seeming special were just generic, the music was, while not awful, not good either. Despised some of the voice acting both in Japanese and English. It looked kinda nice, but even that, it was nothing special.

I just don't get why everyone puts this up so high. Like it's a goddamn gift from god or something. It's nothing more than some overrated, only-okay 6-episode OVA. It's not very good, and doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

(IMO at least)
Feb 3, 2010 2:53 PM
Feb 2010
FLCL gave me a Headache. I mean my first thought were: "What the hell is this"??? I mean its not because it doesn´t make any sense. I liked Excel Saga because of the funny nonsense but this is just confusing. My personnal Tipp to watch this Anime:
Shut your Brain down, you won´t need it, and you will survive it without much Damage
Apr 25, 2010 1:56 PM

Sep 2009
FLCL is ridiculous. The plot was poorly executed, and drowned in a mess of unfunny "comedy". On top of that, it was a waste of fantastic music and animation.

Also, every time I argue that it was crap, the rebuttal is "TOO DEEP 4 U LOL". Fuck off. I understood the plot perfectly, and the actual plot was the only real good thing about it, production aside. But they used it horribly.

I swear to god, this show is my one big Berserk Button.
Apr 29, 2010 6:20 PM

Apr 2008
I of course, like everyone else here, was told by a friend that "OMG FLCL IS THE GREATEST THING EVER YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT!!!" so I thought "What the hell, it's only six episodes and if it's really that great then- OMGWTF?!"

By far, the thing I hate the most about FLCL is the hype >_> I can deal with crappy animes, stuff happens, can't help it... but the fact that if you rate this low the random bad comments that rain down on you from others is rediculous.

The excuse that it's "too deep for you to understand" is crap. Everyone has great ideas in their heads, but the art of making something out of it, whether it be anime/manga/painting/sculpture etc... is the ability to get that idea across; and that's where FLCL failed... epically.

There were just hundreds of better ways to get across the plot, which as far as I got it was about growing up and having dreams fade into some mindless generic job and that's your life. And that plot in itself isn't particularly original either... nor interesting...

And I personally didn't like anything else about it, like the art or music really wasn't my thing but that I let slide as personal taste.
Jun 25, 2010 4:22 AM

Aug 2008
Because I watched it ages ago when I wasn't a fan of that style of comedy... Truth be told, I'd probably find it enjoyable if I tried it again now, but it was too stupid for me to re-watch, thus I'll forever be a hater.
Jul 23, 2010 3:41 PM

Jun 2009
because i hate it...

Aug 13, 2010 10:23 AM

Oct 2008
Cause it sucked . It was amazingly WTF . And i for one am not a fan of such bull shit . .
Apr 16, 2011 11:05 PM

Feb 2010
Well, first I dropped it a long time ago, and then picked it back up, and I think I was mindfucked....in a bad way.
Yes, I like some mindfucked animes, but this one had some disturbing moments in it. Haruka is SOOO fucking annoying! Both sub and dub! I even tried to like FLCL, but it didn't impress me as I thought it would.

I don't like or hate this anime, but I don't understand why so many people love this. But I'm not going to complain.
Aug 23, 2012 10:15 PM
Aug 2012
This anime was suggested by my brother to me, and I could barely finish the first episode. And that was all I watched of this show. One episode. The problem with this show to me is that the characters were just annoying, as in their personalities and with their voices. I couldn't really follow what the hell was happening, not that I really truthfully wanted to. The art was something I REALLY couldn't handle, it wasn't visually appealing at all. Overall, this anime was just annoying and uninteresting.
Fro-JoAug 23, 2012 10:29 PM
May 10, 2017 5:00 AM

Jan 2017
Gunzmaster95 said:
i can't believe that someone has made a club like this. This is a horrible thing to do. Just because you may not like a particular series does not give you a right to create a club about hating it. This is a place people to get along. People here all share similar interest in anime, and should support one another, not belittle shows you may not like or people for liking them. not everyone likes every anime you like, and to go around creating a hate club for one is extremely offensive. Personally, i did not care much for the anime myself, but i did enjoy the deepness of it, and some of the romantics in it. however, what if this were your favorite series and people start to hate on it. Wouldn't that be quite offensive to you? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but no one has the right to go around spreading hate. Especially just because they don't think "it deserves the amount of 10's they get". You're the kind of people that make me sick.

Who gives a fuck?
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
May 10, 2017 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
Eell said:
Gunzmaster95 said:
i can't believe that someone has made a club like this. This is a horrible thing to do. Just because you may not like a particular series does not give you a right to create a club about hating it. This is a place people to get along. People here all share similar interest in anime, and should support one another, not belittle shows you may not like or people for liking them. not everyone likes every anime you like, and to go around creating a hate club for one is extremely offensive. Personally, i did not care much for the anime myself, but i did enjoy the deepness of it, and some of the romantics in it. however, what if this were your favorite series and people start to hate on it. Wouldn't that be quite offensive to you? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but no one has the right to go around spreading hate. Especially just because they don't think "it deserves the amount of 10's they get". You're the kind of people that make me sick.

Who gives a fuck?

That's really strange... I never made that comment. I honestly dont give a shit what people do or think about FLCL....
May 10, 2017 1:46 PM

Jan 2017
Gunzmaster95 said:
Eell said:

Who gives a fuck?

That's really strange... I never made that comment. I honestly dont give a shit what people do or think about FLCL....

Me neither.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Nov 2, 2021 10:15 PM
Jul 2018
Garbage music, horrendous artstyle, characters are all so detestable, focuses too much on redundant fights and the message of the show isn't even delivered in a proper manner
Nov 23, 2023 6:20 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
It's nonsensical BS with terrible (japanese) voice acting across the board.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.