Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2012 4:31 AM
Nov 2008
Thoughts?

I like that they basically crammed 10 manga chapters into one episode. They actually made the early part of JoJo's very intense and interesting.

How did you all like the directing? The art style? Features? Oh, and what do you all think that mask will do (for those who have not read the manga).
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 6, 2012 4:56 AM

Oct 2007
DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
Oct 6, 2012 11:27 AM

Oct 2011
DIO! DIO! DIO!

I do agree with the intense and interesting part. It moved really fast, I feel like the episode was 10 minutes long in a good way. Even though the punches on that first fight looked pretty weird, all the other fight scenes were really good, especially when they fought in the mansion.

The characters are nice to look at, but JoJo looked a lot like Kenshiro in the preview. Looking forward to see ZA WARUDO getting animated.

PS: Love the ED.
PPS: Koyasu sounds great as usual.
Dangerous_BoyOct 6, 2012 11:30 AM
Oct 6, 2012 5:59 PM

Nov 2007
I really liked the character designs. They took the best elements from the Part 1 art style and updated it to mesh with Araki's more recent work. Visually, Dario Brando's outstretched hand when he was beckoning to Dio and the filters that flashed during Dio's moments of rage were the most standout moments.

The early chapters of Jojo have never been dull or uninteresting in my opinion, but the pacing here is very good and probably more accessible to people who tend to watch action shows.
Oct 6, 2012 6:03 PM
Nov 2008
Yeah, I agree. I use the term 'boring' to say that it was very slow. Personally, I like the build up of the characters early on. Sometimes, it seemed to meander, but it is up to personal preference with that kind of pacing.
Oct 6, 2012 6:07 PM

Nov 2007
I think what is most important is that this show looks like it is going to be a great showcase for Araki's characters, which the Part 3 OVAs did not do very well in my opinion.
Oct 6, 2012 6:13 PM
Nov 2008
The Part 3 OVA was more mindless action than anything else with the loose backdrop of the beginning story. Really, it was just an excuse to animate a rapid punching and people shouting ZA WARLDO.
Oct 6, 2012 6:17 PM

Nov 2007
It was for people who had already read Part 3. Sort of like watching Initial D Battle Stage. People who were unfamiliar with the source material could only vaguely follow the motivations and purposes of the characters, and the Jojo world itself.
Oct 8, 2012 12:29 PM
Apr 2008
Dangerous_Boy said:
JoJo looked a lot like Kenshiro in the preview

Araki was heavily influenced by Hokuto no Ken, if you read the manga near the end of Part 1 Jonathon starts doing Kenshiro poses.

Honestly, I can understand the rapid pacing of the first episode, a lot of people have been turned off by the first few chapters of Part 1, so the truncated version presented in episode 1 makes sense.

I do hope they slow down and savor the rest of the material for part 1.

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode, it exceeded my expectations. I only hope the production values remain stable throughout the rest of the series.

On a side note, as much as I love Yes and Roundabout, I can't help but feel that Holy Diver or Rainbow in the Dark would have been a better choice for an ED.
Oct 8, 2012 5:44 PM

Oct 2011
As a JoJo newbie, I feel so left out.

Though I do know Jotaro is the best JoJo.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Gyrozetter Discussion

Burningsirius - Oct 20, 2012

2 by Dangerous_Boy »»
Nov 17, 2012 11:02 AM

» JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Episode 3 Discussion

Burningsirius - Oct 20, 2012

0 by Burningsirius »»
Oct 20, 2012 9:15 PM

» JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Episode 2 Discussion

Burningsirius - Oct 13, 2012

3 by Burningsirius »»
Oct 15, 2012 1:22 AM

» Anime Challenge

Burningsirius - Aug 11, 2012

10 by Burningsirius »»
Sep 28, 2012 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.