Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 23, 2008 7:58 PM

Jan 2008
The animation in the fight scenes was terrible. this gets a 6 from me. I liked the story and the characters.
Apr 24, 2008 1:56 AM
Sep 2007
A 5 for me, to bad the manga ended so fast :/
Hi
Apr 24, 2008 2:45 AM

Apr 2007
I enjoyed it quite a bit, but taking everything else into place end up with a 6/10.

I really don't know why they bothered making this either, should have saved their money or atleast made it longer. The story had alot of promise, oh well.
3rd ep was the worst of the bunch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2008 4:14 PM

Feb 2008
Fayli said:
I'm still suprised that so many people are moaning over how short the series is, it's annoying because you're not looking at the facts. I'll copy paste the relevant wiki part so that you can see why the series was so short.

'The Bus Gamer manga series is created by Kazuya Minekura, and only exists as a single volume 'Pilot Edition' due to difficulties in serialization.

Only eleven chapters of the series were ever published before Comic REX, the magazine in which it was serialized in, went under. While Minekura claims in the re-released Pilot Edition to still have interest in finishing the series, and characters from it appear in her regularly released art books, no word has been given on when the series will be picked up again'

11 chapters is not enough for a 13 episode series, i've read the manga, most of what was in there was included in the anime. The anime is more or less an advert, and hopefully it will result in the continuation of the manga, due to the interest generated. Obviously any plot lines that were open that weren't concluded, is because there wasn't any material from the manga for that, and since the manga is probably going to be continued and the anime followed the manga so closely, i doubt that original material would of been a good idea. Especially 10 episodes worth.

That and these are Minekura's characters. Anime does sometimes have original content, yes, but the fact is that the story and characters were just getting set up in the first 11 chapters (we have no idea how long this series would be originally). It's not the case of a bit of original content, we are talking about the character's backstories (only just getting into them in the manga), rest of the story and conclusion, original. Sorry, not going to happen. I'm sure Minekura wants to do that herself.

Thank you, Fayli! At least there's someone else out there who can utilize Wikipedia. >_>

Seriously, people. Stop criticizing the anime for "trying to fit 13 episodes into 3," as so many of you have said. They didn't. The real problem is that most of you "geeks" (and I mean that in the loosest sense of the term) did not even bother to make a simple Google search to find out why. The magazine went under after 11 chapters. It had bad luck, and we may see more of it in the future if it can get past the copyright issues.

7/10
Apr 25, 2008 8:46 AM

Apr 2007
canis said:
This just seemed like some kind "trailer" for the real series. XD

Well, it seems I didn't guess too bad then. XD

But I also do still think, it is alright to be disappointed with the anime without being called a geek or anything. If they did it to promote the manga so that it can be continued, a little better animation quality would have been nice. Especially the last episode was pretty bad and surely doesn't represent Minekura's wonderful drawing style well.
Apr 26, 2008 6:40 AM

Mar 2008
It was better than some pointless 13 episode shows.

At least it were 3 good episodes. I think it's good as it is. Wouldn't mind more, but I really think it's good that there are only 3 episodes. It's like a short story with an open end.

I liked OP and ED and the characters.

Gave it a 7/10
Apr 28, 2008 4:52 AM

Aug 2007
They could have given a continuation to the Manga (finished it now). Still it was great :P for a 11 chapter manga adaptation,
May 13, 2008 3:22 PM

Apr 2008
Tanuki said:
Total, absolute tripe.

Animation was horrible, horrible--it was like a low-budget show from 2000. Characters were absolutely awful--the two guys were exactly the fucking same, and then the blonde idiot was annoying as all fuck. And no, I don't remember their names. Music, voice acting were sub-standard--like everything else. Even the pacing was shit. AND NOTHING HAPPENED IN THE LAST EPISODE. Seriously, what the fuck? It just ends. With...nothing.

The plot idea was alright. But the way they went about it was awful. Why bother even animating this shit?

exactly
i really feel like ive just watched this to bump up my list :/

May 28, 2008 10:51 PM

Oct 2007
My thought:
"Wth!? That is the whole thing? Are they crazy or something???!!!!" Seriously, there should be at least 12 episodes. Explaining their back stories and why they need the money, letting us know if/how they win and if they end up having a better relationship between them by the end! It could have been a great anime, but 3 episodes=sad.

May 29, 2008 4:39 PM

Oct 2007
i REALLY enjoyed this. I knew it was going to be unfinished but I loved every second of this ova. The animation wasnt good, but the characters seemed so interesting, the seiyuus were good, and the story was intruiging. I know this was based off the unfinished manga.. But the bus gamer manga is being/going to be reserialized currently so I will probably pick that up in order to continue the story.

gets an 8/10 for me. Highly entertaining, but not amazing quality wise. I really hope they make a series out of it if the manga continues and becomes popular enough~
katsupMay 29, 2008 4:44 PM
May 30, 2008 7:36 AM
Oct 2007
7. Would get much higher if it was longer.
May 31, 2008 10:45 PM
Jul 2018
I give it a 7 too.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite scene was the one where reveal that each of them needs the full billion dollars. Fun show. Too bad i never found out WHY they needed the money.
Jun 1, 2008 4:30 PM

Aug 2007
katsup said:
i REALLY enjoyed this. I knew it was going to be unfinished but I loved every second of this ova. The animation wasnt good, but the characters seemed so interesting, the seiyuus were good, and the story was intruiging. I know this was based off the unfinished manga.. But the bus gamer manga is being/going to be reserialized currently so I will probably pick that up in order to continue the story.

gets an 8/10 for me. Highly entertaining, but not amazing quality wise. I really hope they make a series out of it if the manga continues and becomes popular enough~

I'm glad somebody else knew it was based off an unfinished manga.
Jun 1, 2008 6:20 PM

Jul 2007
Fayli said:

I'm pretty sure everybody knows it, it just doesn't matter. So was Bokurano, and a lot of others. They usually make up an alternative ending or stop at a proper cliffhanger, not at some random spot...
Jun 6, 2008 4:52 PM

Aug 2007
Uuchie said:
Fayli said:

I'm pretty sure everybody knows it, it just doesn't matter. So was Bokurano, and a lot of others. They usually make up an alternative ending or stop at a proper cliffhanger, not at some random spot...

I'm pretty sure that most people don't know, or people wouldn't keep saying that this should of been made into a 13 episode series.
Jun 8, 2008 9:25 PM

May 2007
Fayli said:
Uuchie said:
Fayli said:

I'm pretty sure that most people don't know, or people wouldn't keep saying that this should of been made into a 13 episode series.

I knew, but it shouldn't be an excuse, FMA didn't have a completed manga but went off on it's own as most anime do, I believe with Evangelion, the entire ending was made up, just because you don't have a completed manga is not an excuse.
My anime list
Aug 31, 2008 11:06 PM

Aug 2007
Like what everyone else is saying, this should have been longer, the ending is like "what... thats the ending? o__o" :/
Oct 7, 2008 8:30 PM

Sep 2008
good.. 8/10
Nov 14, 2008 12:08 AM

Jun 2008
WTF this isn't even an open ended it would be some much better if it's longer.

6/10 from me
Feb 7, 2009 11:39 PM

Aug 2007

Is it me or does that meat look like.. nvm

anyway, 6/10
Feb 19, 2009 3:55 PM
Sep 2008
6/10, I admit I've seen worse. Though you are certainly left with the "is that it?" feeling. We NEVER get to know any of the caracters or why they would go in such a game to get the money :/
Mar 14, 2009 9:55 PM

Feb 2009
I thought it was a disappointing final episode.The first half had a decent battle, it was cool that it was on the crowded rooftop restaurant but not really that much action. The second half was them all sitting eating food and talking about the future battles that we won't see? I was hoping for it to go out in a blaze of glory. Still an entertaining series, I would watch more if there was more.
Apr 11, 2009 6:51 PM

Jan 2008
Okay I finished it the other day and I have been pondering just what I wanted to give it and I think a 5 is better for it. The first 2 eps were good and how it just ended was really really bad. It left me wanting more not to mention I wanted to know why they each joined the games in the first place they didn't even answer that. However in a way they did kinda hint it but not enough to get any solid answers which sucks.

So a 5 it is.
May 5, 2009 3:42 AM

Aug 2007
Watching this series was like watching the memory of "a good anime you once saw but can't remember most of" it was nice, but great lacking in alot of things.

Tamago to chikai wa kudake-yasui.
Jul 19, 2009 11:19 AM

Jan 2009
WHAT?????? That wasn't an ending, that was the writers going on strike! =))

seriously, they should have expanded it to at least 12-13 episodes. it started soooo good..... and ended sooooo bad....

Apr 29, 2010 1:51 PM

Feb 2010
Not a bad series, but, well, just unfinished. Leaves me wanting more, though. I'll probably check out the manga. 7/10
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 21, 2010 12:25 AM

Apr 2007
Meh series, meh story, just meh. I gave it a 6. It feels like it should have been 13 or maybe even 26 episodes long. Oh well. Maybe one day theyll redo it or something...
Blergh.
Jul 20, 2010 6:27 PM
Jul 2010
Alexeon said:
Meh series, meh story, just meh. I gave it a 6. It feels like it should have been 13 or maybe even 26 episodes long. Oh well. Maybe one day theyll redo it or something...

Seeing as the 3 episode OVA series was based off a pilot edition of an unfinished manga I think it was done really well^^
Minekura-senesi is planning on completing the manga series and I would say when and if she actually does (seeing as she is in the middle of like 4 other series) then a new anime series will be made.

I love her work so I hope she does! Plus I would love to see an anime based on her manga actually done well (seeing as Saiyuki was the greatest failure of all time).
Aug 12, 2010 7:14 PM

Mar 2010
i thought the "series" was good for what it was, i like the concept and the dynamic between the characters. i wouldn't have minded seeing it go a bit longer, perhaps i'll read the manga now.

All together i'd say 7/10

Click My sig
Sep 23, 2010 3:10 PM

Feb 2010
I've rewatched the show 2 times and can safely say it is boring and hell and the plot goes nowhere. The idea behind it was great, and if it was 24 episodes it would be really good. I'd have liked to see the games get more and more complex and have some psychological stuff going on, and maybe some really dangerous situations and stuff. I gave it a 6 for the cool concept and the mild entertainment it provided.
Sep 23, 2010 3:16 PM

Feb 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Not a bad series, but, well, just unfinished. Leaves me wanting more, though. I'll probably check out the manga. 7/10

Funny how generous I was back then ^^.

I have it at 3/10 because i wouldn't even call it a show in the first place.
The manga couldn't pick my interest too, though I'll probably give it another chance sometime.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 1, 2010 4:45 PM

Sep 2010
This feels like the first three episodes in a 13-episode series. Why did they stop? They've laid a great groundwork for what seems like a fun series with really nice art.
Oct 25, 2010 4:59 AM

Mar 2010
They should make a full anime of this, im sure it'll be even better then now.
But i still enjoyed myself
Dec 6, 2013 3:59 PM

May 2012
The series had quite a nice concept but the ending was just plain bad... well it's sad there isn't a sequel to it! Still quite a nice series in general!
Jan 3, 2014 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
well definitely not a yoi anime anymore but still give the vibes.
well sigh it's the last ep. also that girl kinda cute. also that last stage kinda made the last ep. memorable at least. really hope they continue with the story-line.
Apr 10, 2014 12:06 AM

Jun 2011
^ Series with hot looking guys =/= yaoi.

First half with the game was pretty fun, it was a little unrealistic though that the other people didn't point them out to the police. Second half was.. meh.. how can they end like this? ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 31, 2014 4:20 PM

Jul 2012
Felt average overall. Could do better with more episodes. This anime could have been better if they did it like Switch which took the best case in the manga.

But hey, this got me interested in the manga.

alinet86 said:
well definitely not a yaoi anime anymore but still give the vibes.
That's because the mangaka writes Yaoi manga, so maybe her style rubbed off on this one.
MayukaAug 31, 2014 4:46 PM
Dec 30, 2014 6:30 PM

Jun 2014
Too short, needs more eps, I was looking forward to it too

Jul 3, 2015 12:19 PM

Nov 2009
So much potential, but only 3 eps don't do much to really showcase it. It should've been a normal 1 cour series, because there's enough material for that: like, how the main trio grew closer to the point that they did exchange not only mail addresses but also phone numbers, the other games they obviously participated in between ep1 and 2, murder attempt on Saitou, how he came to ask himself a question 'when will this game end', the circumstances of each member of the trio, everyday life they lead beyond the game... See? A lot of things to show if only there was more episodes.

Anyway, gonna go check out the manga, even though it's still on hiatus (which is becoming indefinite, huh? I wish Minekura got back to this manga... I'd definitely follow it)
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 21, 2018 6:01 PM

Oct 2015
Felt like it was an intro to the rest of the series, but I liked it. man! Just ended when they were starting to get along with each other.
Finding it funny that they still willing to give Saitou the gun even though he almost got them into trouble last time.

But it was kick ass fest in this episode, but the policewoman wasn't that impactful since her debut, i forgot all about her.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 13, 2019 4:17 PM

Nov 2016
There are times in which I'm able to stomach mediocrity. Unfortunately this isn't the case here.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 31, 2020 6:02 PM

Mar 2014
Shame this never really went anywhere, could've been a decent series.
Mar 16, 2022 12:02 PM
Jan 2016
Does no one in their world care for people wielding guns in the middle of a restaurant?
I wasn't invested to begin with but that totally threw me out. The same with that police officer. How does his bonsai still haves any leaves left when anytime we see him he's cutting it all??? Pls tell me that bonsai is safe. No, I don't care about the plot, I want answers and a bonsai as well.
Besides, the blonde guy couldn't be that stupid. I refuse to believe it. I'm convinced he is actually the strongest of them and is only acting like an idiot so that he can betray the other two at a later time.
Also, gotta love the shots where the black haired guy was supposed to look like a badass with his bangs but ended up looking like a terrier xD
Jul 20, 2022 4:52 AM

Jul 2011
The "ending" or lack thereof is really unsatisfying.
Toki's background that had been quickly mentionned is not explained, we don't know why they wanted the money, Keiko's investigation never start, ect...

It just a really random point to end.
If you stopped any 13 episode anime at episode 3, you would probably be left with the same feeling.
Aug 17, 8:02 AM

Jun 2022
a decent one time watch
Sep 22, 6:27 AM

Jun 2017
You know, I was thinking "Hey, this episode is the best one of the three by far! Sure, they didn't treat last week's cliffhanger right by only showing us snippets of what happened, but that can be forgiven.", but then it ended and...
Where was the ending??!! There was no freaking ending in anyway, shape, or form??!! WTF??!!

Literally, not a single thing was tied up or made clear, and all the characters are in the exact same situation and danger that they have been in since they started the game. We don't even have a clue how many matches they won or how much money they got!! Not to mention their motives still being a mystery beyond extremely vague, seconds long, flashbacks.

Like, the last 8 minutes was literally them eating and then the ending. Couldn't you have used that time+opening time to provide an anime original, 10 minute long, final fight and celebration afterwards??!! At least we would have had a conclusive and happy ending for our protagonists then.

This show had so much potential, yet it wasted it. Really unfortunate...
FFTHEWINNERSep 22, 6:31 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Too Little Too Fast?

Friendlysoul - Apr 29, 2008

25 by FFTHEWINNER »»
Sep 22, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Bus Gamer Episode 2 Discussion

Miss_Golightly - Mar 31, 2008

45 by FFTHEWINNER »»
Sep 21, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bus Gamer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Miss_Golightly - Mar 15, 2008

59 by FFTHEWINNER »»
Sep 21, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.